PDA

View Full Version : Week 2 impressive wins/losses

Twentysix
September 9th, 2018, 05:43 AM
Which wins and losses either impressed you this week or made you question a team? Here are 3 of each that stood out to me. Please, add new teams to the categories based on what you saw, or refute my observations. We just finished week 2, literally everything can be debated at this point with so few data points.

Positive wins:

SDSU's 45-14 win over Montana State showed me that South Dakota State is still in spectacular offensive and defensive form. They held Montana state under 30 yards rushing, under 200 yards overall, and to only 6 first downs. SDSU was supposed to be the better team, and they showed it in dominant fashion. I was a little worried when SDSU's game from last week was cancelled after Iowa State scored pretty easily. I'm quite a bit more confident in the Jacks after today's season opening game. Montana State's win vs WIU looks like an OK win after WIU avoided complete obliteration by FBS Illinois this week (34-14).

Elon's 45-7 win over Furman. This is a very similar score to what Clemson did to Furman the week prior. Obviously matching one of the perceived best teams in college football's box score vs a common opponent is a good look for an FCS squad. This game helped me believe that Elon will be similar to last year or better. According to ESPN Furman was favored by 1.5 points. Youch.

UC Davis' 54-21 win over San Diego was a little more quantifiable, for me, than the win over FBS San Jose State (44-38). Beating an FBS is always good, but SJSU might be really bad (lost today to Washington State 31-0). Well in my mind San Diego is a top 20-30 squad year in and year out, and they have proven that by winning back to back playoff games. The way UC Davis was able to wear them down and really pull away offensively towards the end of the game to win showed me a squad that is on track to out perform quite a lot of teams in the bigsky. At this point I see UC Davis in the mix to contend with EWU for a BigSky title. I'm now interested in UCD @ EWU later in the season. UCD vs NAU will also be interesting the week before. For me this was the weakest positive win of my three.

Positive losses:

Southern Illinois's 76-41 loss to Ole Miss was impressive in that it showed SIU had a lot more offensive firepower than a Texas Tech (20 point loss to Ole Miss 47-27; Beat Lamar 77-0). It was also impressive that SIU lead for half of the game, and had a lead as high scoring as 38-35, and only really let the game get out of hand after a 3 back to back to back turnover series. For a team that hasn't had a winning record since 2013, I thought they did well against an SEC team and they were on my radar cause they smoked Murray State last week (49-10).

Prairie View A&M's 41-32 Loss to SHSU was so close, if not for a couple errant snaps, that it helped cement PVAM's showing against Rice as noteworthy. In my mind this game brought PVAM and SHSU closer together in ranking, PVAM seems like they may turn out to be a top 25 team.

San Diego's 54-21 loss to UC Davis is kind of positive (hung with UCD for most of the game), kind of not (basically fell apart due to what looked like depth issues). San Diego hung with UC Davis into the 4th quarter by having an outstanding 3rd quarter. Their passing was definitely the highlight at 296 yds 21/39, but gave up 2 interceptions. Their defense started to really get burned into the 4th quarter when USD seemed to be running out of gas. A few of UCD's late scores were on plays where the defenders were just not able to get into position to even make a tackle. It might have been atrocious defensive scheming, but on the surface it looked to me like tired players getting out hustled at the end of the game. Essentially it looked like a depth problem, and that's something I expect to see when USD plays a scholarship team that matches their skill and has more skilled depth. San Diego looks like a competent team that will probably win its conference once again.

Negative wins:

SHSU's 41-32 win over PVAM felt way too reliant on a few errant snaps on the part of PVAM. PVAM is clearly a good team this year, but they seem to be doing way too well vs a supposed top 5 team in SHSU at SHSU's place. SHSU's win over PVAM moved PVAM up in my mind and SHSU down. The game made it very clear that these two teams should be pretty close in rank, which I don't think many people expected according to their voting in previous weeks, me included. I'm also not yet convinced that PVAM is as good as NCAT, which leads me to think SHSU maybe over-ranked.

Central Arkansas' 26-13 win over Murray State. In reality this wasn't that bad of a win, but looking at Murray State's game last week against SIU (49-10 W SIU) in comparison to their game this week vs Central Arkansas, SIU appears to maybe be a stronger team than C Ark, which is something I don't think anyone expected coming into the season. The direct data point linking CArk and SIU is really the only reason this game is in the negative win category for me.

Montana's 48-16 win over Drake. This win was fine in the end, but the first half of the game left me questioning Montana a little more than I would have liked to vs a team like Drake. This has me barely putting it into the negative win category, it's more like an honorable mention.

Negative losses:

Furman's 45-7 loss to Elon. Back to back games where Furman has scored 1 TD in garbage time and given up 45+ look bad. Personally I had expected Furman to get pounded by Clemson, but I certainly didn't expect Elon to do it this bad as well.

UNH's 10-3 loss to Colgate. UNH has suffered losses in back to back games vs teams that they should have beaten based on recent history. Perhaps their opponents are both going to greatly exceed expectations, but the evidence is mounting and it looks like UNH may be sinking like a rock this season.

Howard's 54-14 loss to Kent State (team that did poorly last year and lost to Illinois last week) left me questioning if Howard's loss to Ohio was actually any good. Having credibility built solely around a decent loss for your position in the FCS is shakey.

Please, add games that stood out to you this week. I'd love to hear your take and I saw a few other games that also stood out to me, but 12 is already a lot to write about. Also if you disagree with me lemme know what you disagree with and why! Talking over games that stood out to you for one reason or another will likely only improve each other's understanding of the fcs landscape so early in the season. It's getting pretty late here (4am) so I blame any horrendous typos on that.

Tribe4SF
September 9th, 2018, 06:34 AM
For positive wins I'd include Maine over Western Kentucky. Fell behind 21-0 in the first and came back to win 31-28.

sudog03
September 9th, 2018, 07:26 AM
Gotta believe you have to put my Samford Bulldogs in the positive loss category.

ElCid
September 9th, 2018, 07:47 AM
Gotta believe you have to put my Samford Bulldogs in the positive loss category.

Should have been a really impressive win.....but yeah.

UNHWildcat18
September 9th, 2018, 08:35 AM
You hit the nail on the head about UNH. Our O-line is pathetic and we recruit kids that are undersized and skilled, our 6'4 WR who had a great freshman year for some reason has not seen the field yet this year. We lost our OC in the winter, which most of us weren't mad about because he had some really **** calls over the years in important playoff/conference games. Instead of hiring a new OC the school decided to be cheap ****s and save money by letting the QB coach and another coach "co play calls" which none are good enough to do. Our defense has some talent and played well vs the Patriot league favorites(god how bad that league is this year) kept them to 10 points.

Also its rather Ironic, UNH which I believe has the best tailgate in New England outside of UConn and the Patriots, and also one of the most well known college football teams due to success, is with all the other CAA teams, not having a proper TV deal. SURE ENOUGH BOOM NBSPORTS BOSTON PICKS UP ALL OF OUR HOME GAMES!!!!!!! just ironic that the best tv package UNH could ever ask for comes on a year that they are going to go 0-11. Unless we beat Ualbany every game looks like an L to me

ASU33
September 9th, 2018, 08:35 AM

Absolutely

McCowboys
September 9th, 2018, 08:48 AM
Which wins and losses either impressed you this week or made you question a team? Here are 3 of each that stood out to me. Please, add new teams to the categories based on what you saw, or refute my observations. We just finished week 2, literally everything can be debated at this point with so few data points.

Positive wins:

SDSU's 45-14 win over Montana State showed me that South Dakota State is still in spectacular offensive and defensive form. They held Montana state under 30 yards rushing, under 200 yards overall, and to only 6 first downs. SDSU was supposed to be the better team, and they showed it in dominant fashion. I was a little worried when SDSU's game from last week was cancelled after Iowa State scored pretty easily. I'm quite a bit more confident in the Jacks after today's season opening game. Montana State's win vs WIU looks like an OK win after WIU avoided complete obliteration by FBS Illinois this week (34-14).

Elon's 45-7 win over Furman. This is a very similar score to what Clemson did to Furman the week prior. Obviously matching one of the perceived best teams in college football's box score vs a common opponent is a good look for an FCS squad. This game helped me believe that Elon will be similar to last year or better. According to ESPN Furman was favored by 1.5 points. Youch.

UC Davis' 54-21 win over San Diego was a little more quantifiable, for me, than the win over FBS San Jose State (44-38). Beating an FBS is always good, but SJSU might be really bad (lost today to Washington State 31-0). Well in my mind San Diego is a top 20-30 squad year in and year out, and they have proven that by winning back to back playoff games. The way UC Davis was able to wear them down and really pull away offensively towards the end of the game to win showed me a squad that is on track to out perform quite a lot of teams in the bigsky. At this point I see UC Davis in the mix to contend with EWU for a BigSky title. I'm now interested in UCD @ EWU later in the season. UCD vs NAU will also be interesting the week before. For me this was the weakest positive win of my three.

Positive losses:

Southern Illinois's 76-41 loss to Ole Miss was impressive in that it showed SIU had a lot more offensive firepower than a Texas Tech (20 point loss to Ole Miss 47-27; Beat Lamar 77-0). It was also impressive that SIU lead for half of the game, and had a lead as high scoring as 38-35, and only really let the game get out of hand after a 3 back to back to back turnover series. For a team that hasn't had a winning record since 2013, I thought they did well against an SEC team and they were on my radar cause they smoked Murray State last week (49-10).

Prairie View A&M's 41-32 Loss to SHSU was so close, if not for a couple errant snaps, that it helped cement PVAM's showing against Rice as noteworthy. In my mind this game brought PVAM and SHSU closer together in ranking, PVAM seems like they may turn out to be a top 25 team.

San Diego's 54-21 loss to UC Davis is kind of positive (hung with UCD for most of the game), kind of not (basically fell apart due to what looked like depth issues). San Diego hung with UC Davis into the 4th quarter by having an outstanding 3rd quarter. Their passing was definitely the highlight at 296 yds 21/39, but gave up 2 interceptions. Their defense started to really get burned into the 4th quarter when USD seemed to be running out of gas. A few of UCD's late scores were on plays where the defenders were just not able to get into position to even make a tackle. It might have been atrocious defensive scheming, but on the surface it looked to me like tired players getting out hustled at the end of the game. Essentially it looked like a depth problem, and that's something I expect to see when USD plays a scholarship team that matches their skill and has more skilled depth. San Diego looks like a competent team that will probably win its conference once again.

Negative wins:

SHSU's 41-32 win over PVAM felt way too reliant on a few errant snaps on the part of PVAM. PVAM is clearly a good team this year, but they seem to be doing way too well vs a supposed top 5 team in SHSU at SHSU's place. SHSU's win over PVAM moved PVAM up in my mind and SHSU down. The game made it very clear that these two teams should be pretty close in rank, which I don't think many people expected according to their voting in previous weeks, me included. I'm also not yet convinced that PVAM is as good as NCAT, which leads me to think SHSU maybe over-ranked.

Central Arkansas' 26-13 win over Murray State. In reality this wasn't that bad of a win, but looking at Murray State's game last week against SIU (49-10 W SIU) in comparison to their game this week vs Central Arkansas, SIU appears to maybe be a stronger team than C Ark, which is something I don't think anyone expected coming into the season. The direct data point linking CArk and SIU is really the only reason this game is in the negative win category for me.

Montana's 48-16 win over Drake. This win was fine in the end, but the first half of the game left me questioning Montana a little more than I would have liked to vs a team like Drake. This has me barely putting it into the negative win category, it's more like an honorable mention.

Negative losses:

Furman's 45-7 loss to Elon. Back to back games where Furman has scored 1 TD in garbage time and given up 45+ look bad. Personally I had expected Furman to get pounded by Clemson, but I certainly didn't expect Elon to do it this bad as well.

UNH's 10-3 loss to Colgate. UNH has suffered losses in back to back games vs teams that they should have beaten based on recent history. Perhaps their opponents are both going to greatly exceed expectations, but the evidence is mounting and it looks like UNH may be sinking like a rock this season.

Howard's 54-14 loss to Kent State (team that did poorly last year and lost to Illinois last week) left me questioning if Howard's loss to Ohio was actually any good. Having credibility built solely around a decent loss for your position in the FCS is shakey.

Please, add games that stood out to you this week. I'd love to hear your take and I saw a few other games that also stood out to me, but 12 is already a lot to write about. Also if you disagree with me lemme know what you disagree with and why! Talking over games that stood out to you for one reason or another will likely only improve each other's understanding of the fcs landscape so early in the season. It's getting pretty late here (4am) so I blame any horrendous typos on that.

Just to note: Sam Houston State and UCA were playing in horrible weather conditions, lightning strikes, delays....Maybe some of these other schools were experiencing the same things, but the weather should also be taken in to consideration. Also, as far as SHSU and PVAM, this was PVAM's THIRD game of the season, but SHSU's first. Prairie View is not a bad team.

Schism55
September 9th, 2018, 11:02 AM
I've been very impressed with Rhode Island, there is some serious talent on that team.
Possibly top 25 votes this week?

ST_Lawson
September 9th, 2018, 11:05 AM
I know that WIU did better against Illinois than we have in the past, but if we had our team from last year, we would have crushed them.

We're still decent, but McGuire has had to try forcing some passes to receivers that aren't Acklin. Last year, he knew exactly where Acklin was going to be. We have talent...they're just not all on the same page yet. Young o-line not creating the holes for RBs that they were doing last year. Defense playing really well overall, but when the other team gets the ball with really good field position because the offense didn't go anywhere...there's only so much they can do.
If we struggle again next week against Montana, it could be a rough season for Leatherneck fans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheKingpin28
September 9th, 2018, 11:17 AM
I've been very impressed with Rhode Island, there is some serious talent on that team.
Possibly top 25 votes this week?

I'd be disappointed in the voters if they do not get in. I voted them in as I was impressed Lawson in the passing game. He was accurate and did not miss and when he did, he was smart about it. Isaiah Parker and Aaron Coulter are going to give teams trouble trying to slow them down. Hard to believe Coulter played as a true freshman and Parker could push for 1st team All-CAA if Lawson stays healthy and gives him 6/7---100+---1/2 games. It helps that Lawson can also tuck the ball and run to keep the defense honest enough to not play a standard 4-3 cover 2.

Reign of Terrier
September 9th, 2018, 11:34 AM
Rhode Island got some love from me in the top 25.

As for impressive wins/losses I agree with what has been said here. We're getting to the point where we're seeing chinks in the armor in some teams, exposing the fakers, and noticing some rising stars. My poll this week was pretty consistent compared to last week.

Panther88
September 9th, 2018, 11:48 AM
PVAMU has asked to borrow SHSU’s LSer and punter for our upcoming game vs unlv. We are going to vegas to #1, win the game and #2, collect a decent check :D .

Daytripper
September 9th, 2018, 11:50 AM
For positive wins I'd include Maine over Western Kentucky. Fell behind 21-0 in the first and came back to win 31-28.

This. That was impressive.

- - - Updated - - -

PVAMU has asked to borrow SHSU’s LSer and punter for our upcoming game vs unlv. We are going to vegas to #1, win the game and #2, collect a decent check :D .

You can win.

Gangtackle11
September 9th, 2018, 12:19 PM
Rhody is for real.

katss07
September 9th, 2018, 01:47 PM
Rhody is for real.
So is Elon, Maine and Nova. JMU is what JMU always is nowadays. UD is going to be fine. And don’t count out Richmond or Stony Brook. CAA is packed.

BEAR
September 9th, 2018, 02:16 PM

I attended the game last night. I can tell you that the rain affected the teams more than the box score shows. You cant look at the final score and come up with an assumption of how good either team really is this year. UCA allowed Murray State 56 yards of rushing. UCA got 444 yards of offense and held the racers to 265. But UCA also fumbled three times twice in the heavy rains on scoring drives. But after a long weather delay and sloppy conditions neither team could get in sync. I wouldnt put any judgement on either team after a game with those interfering factors. SLU game will help clarify UCA better.

Houndawg
September 9th, 2018, 02:22 PM
You hit the nail on the head about UNH. Our O-line is pathetic and we recruit kids that are undersized and skilled, our 6'4 WR who had a great freshman year for some reason has not seen the field yet this year. We lost our OC in the winter, which most of us weren't mad about because he had some really **** calls over the years in important playoff/conference games. Instead of hiring a new OC the school decided to be cheap ****s and save money by letting the QB coach and another coach "co play calls" which none are good enough to do. Our defense has some talent and played well vs the Patriot league favorites(god how bad that league is this year) kept them to 10 points.

Also its rather Ironic, UNH which I believe has the best tailgate in New England outside of UConn and the Patriots, and also one of the most well known college football teams due to success, is with all the other CAA teams, not having a proper TV deal. SURE ENOUGH BOOM NBSPORTS BOSTON PICKS UP ALL OF OUR HOME GAMES!!!!!!! just ironic that the best tv package UNH could ever ask for comes on a year that they are going to go 0-11. Unless we beat Ualbany every game looks like an L to me

The good news is that an 0-11 UNH would probably get an at-large bid to the playoff.:D

kalm
September 9th, 2018, 02:35 PM
The good news is that an 0-11 UNH would probably get an at-large bid to the playoff.:D

This...lol

Schism55
September 9th, 2018, 03:21 PM
That's an insult to probably xdrunkyx

Redbird 4th & short
September 9th, 2018, 03:29 PM

Positive wins:

Positive losses:

Negative wins:

Negative losses:

So how is San Diego losing by by 33 to UC Davis a positive loss ???

UC Davis was 5-6 year ago and Massey ranked #31. Yes, they beat San Jose St by 6 last week. But San Jose St was 2-11 a year ago, with one of their wins over 1-10 FCS team, Cal Poly. San Jose St was ranked #124 in FBS last year.

You might be stretching a bit on 33 point loss to average team being a good thing.

UNAPride
September 9th, 2018, 03:39 PM

Absolutely!

Demonguy
September 9th, 2018, 04:21 PM
I would argue that Northwestern State's 34-7 win over Grambling could certainly be filed under an impressive win. I know GSU is breaking in a new OC, QB and RB but the Demons held the Tigers to 7 points while forcing 5 TOs (4 INTs) with 4 sacks. Meanwhile the offense scored on its first 3 possessions to race to a 21-0 lead behind new QB Shelton Eppler, who had 4 TDs at halftime. With a new head coach, OC and DC, there definitely seems to be a much different vibe around NSU football right now

Go Green
September 9th, 2018, 04:37 PM
Georgetown lost at home to Campbell.

According to Campbell's website, it was the Camel's first victory over a OOC D-1 program since 2009.

Redbird007
September 9th, 2018, 04:38 PM

Positive losses:

Really struggle with the concept of a positive loss being a team that loses by 35 or a team that gives up 76 points in a game. At the same time will admit SIU looks dangerous. Will be interesting to see how they play in their next couple of games.

Twentysix
September 9th, 2018, 05:58 PM
For positive wins I'd include Maine over Western Kentucky. Fell behind 21-0 in the first and came back to win 31-28.Absolutely! The way they clawed their way back in was impressive and certainly helped validate them for me as their win over unh lost a little more luster.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Twentysix
September 9th, 2018, 05:59 PM
Gotta believe you have to put my Samford Bulldogs in the positive loss category.Yes for sure! Sucks how much the refs influenced the game in the last 8 minutes with the no call intentional grounding and the no call block in the back

Twentysix
September 9th, 2018, 06:05 PM
Really struggle with the concept of a positive loss being a team that loses by 35 or a team that gives up 76 points in a game. At the same time will admit SIU looks dangerous. Will be interesting to see how they play in their next couple of games.It really comes down to how the game was played. Both teams were in it late in games where I had then outmatched. I'm pretty sure I addressed when and why the scores became bloated in both matchups. There are still big positives to take away for the losers in both matchups. Especially for a non scholarship USD playing in a non scholarahip league for a playoff birth.

MTfan4life
September 9th, 2018, 06:13 PM

I don't know if I would laud SDSU's defense quite yet. Montana State only gained 239 yards of offense against WIU and Troy Andersen was responsible for all but 13 of those yards. Against SDSU, Andersen didn't play QB and barely ran the ball because he had a cast on his left hand. I think that is one thing most people didn't realize about that game, the fact Andersen, MSU's only real offensive threat from their first game, was unable to make an offensive impact against the Jackrabbits because of his injury. SDSU's offense played incredible. I'm not taking that away from them, but their defense was going up against a VERY inexperienced offense playing with a terrible 3rd string QB.

Twentysix
September 9th, 2018, 06:19 PM
I don't know if I would laud SDSU's defense quite yet. Montana State only gained 239 yards of offense against WIU and Troy Andersen was responsible for all but 13 of those yards. Against SDSU, Andersen didn't play QB and barely ran the ball because he had a cast on his left hand. I think that is one thing most people didn't realize about that game, the fact Andersen, MSU's only real offensive threat from their first game, was unable to make an offensive impact against the Jackrabbits because of his injury. SDSU's offense played incredible. I'm not taking that away from them, but their defense was going up against a VERY inexperienced offense playing with a terrible 3rd string QB.SDSUs defense will get the NDSU exam in just a few weeks! I can't wait. Even then it's tough to say what ndsu has for a passing attack this year. Their run D will be tested, that much is for sure.

andthehomeofthe-BIZON-
September 9th, 2018, 06:23 PM
Hard to argue so far against the CAA. Packed league with JMU, Elon, Maine, Nove, Stony, Richmond. Top to bottom I think they took the step forward as the best conference this year with the Big sky and MVFC fighting for #2. IMO

Samford was impressive loss
Maine was a great win

putter
September 9th, 2018, 07:33 PM
I don't know if I would laud SDSU's defense quite yet. Montana State only gained 239 yards of offense against WIU and Troy Andersen was responsible for all but 13 of those yards. Against SDSU, Andersen didn't play QB and barely ran the ball because he had a cast on his left hand. I think that is one thing most people didn't realize about that game, the fact Andersen, MSU's only real offensive threat from their first game, was unable to make an offensive impact against the Jackrabbits because of his injury. SDSU's offense played incredible. I'm not taking that away from them, but their defense was going up against a VERY inexperienced offense playing with a terrible 3rd string QB.

Welcome to evaluating Montana. Their young O Line will keep this team back all year, Just the way it is. People think Calhoun returning will make a difference. Eastwood is no slouch and Drake's D Line had Snead scrambling all game. Nervous for the Griz going forward

Catbooster
September 9th, 2018, 09:12 PM
Yep. Neither Montana team has cracked my poll yet. And neither of them gave me any reason to change my mind this week.

When I saw both of them on the poll this week, I wondered if I was being too harsh on both of them, but decided no. The games this weekend moved them a little lower on my list.

Thumper 76
September 9th, 2018, 11:41 PM
Rhody is for real.
I’m all in on Rhody and Maine. The first couple weeks my poll is fairly reactive instead of predictive and both teams sure look like the real deal. Sure WKU is a bad FNS, but to come back from 21-0 like that against most any FBS teams is pretty damn impressive.

I concur with this mostly, but from an SDSU fan perspective MSU was supposed to have a pretty good offensive line and our d line was a huge question mark. Our back seven should be very good so seeing our d line do very well even against a very limited offense is a major positive. Like someone else said though, we get the ndsu test for them in a couple weeks. Our lbs are one of the best groups in the country IMO and our secondary has some real players.

I think the offense definitely answered some questions though, especially when you factor in they came in without a game prior to gel. It only took a couple series to knock the rust off. TC certainly looked like he’s forgotten how last year ended.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mvemjsunpx
September 10th, 2018, 02:33 AM
Yep. Neither Montana team has cracked my poll yet. And neither of them gave me any reason to change my mind this week.

Agreed.

The Bobcats have a low ceiling because they don't have a real QB (and apparently no decent RBs unless you count Andersen).
The Griz have no running game aside from Sneed, Sneed seems destined to get injured, and the inexperienced secondary is probably going to be exposed at some point.

ST_Lawson
September 10th, 2018, 09:02 AM
The Griz ... inexperienced secondary is probably going to be exposed at some point.

Hopefully this Saturday.

Derby City Duke
September 10th, 2018, 10:22 AM
Hope JMU's unimpressive win won't hurt them in the polls this week. The MEAC's Norfolk State held them to a measly 17 poin...whah? They only played one quarter? Never mind -- for a minute thought we didn't handle the southern heat very well...xpeacex

TheKingpin28
September 10th, 2018, 10:44 AM
Hope JMU's unimpressive win won't hurt them in the polls this week. The MEAC's Norfolk State held them to a measly 17 poin...whah? They only played one quarter? Never mind -- for a minute thought we didn't handle the southern heat very well...xpeacexThe sad thing is, the Coaches and FCS Media polls will probably ignore the game and look at the box score and go from there. That is why the AGS poll is the best. Most of the voters look past the box score when they vote.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

lucchesicourt
September 10th, 2018, 05:18 PM
UCD also beat Univ of San Diego, a playoff team, last year by 35-7. 2 losses were to FBS teams. Other losses to EWU, Weber, NAU, and Sac State. So, a 5-6 record against ranked and FBS teams isn't really all that bad.

pvdogteam
September 10th, 2018, 09:30 PM

Long as we don't borrow the SHSU refs I'm good

https://twitter.com/pvnationfans/status/1039240388807221249

Redbird 4th & short
September 13th, 2018, 08:23 AM
The sad thing is, the Coaches and FCS Media polls will probably ignore the game and look at the box score and go from there. That is why the AGS poll is the best. Most of the voters look past the box score when they vote.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

Agreed .. but I think the main reason AGS has best subjective poll is the existence of this forum for people to debate and be held openly accountable. Great way to minimize bias or settling for ignorance like other subjective polls.