PDA

View Full Version : VMI

woffordgrad94
September 8th, 2018, 08:43 PM
I just wonder...why has the VMI football program been so bad for so long? Have they ever had a winning season before? They looked absolutely horrible tonight at Wofford...there are high school teams in South Carolina that I think might beat the Keydets. They talked about an air raid...they were going to pass pass pass. The only thing they passed tonight was gas...when Wofford hit them in the backfield and knocked the farts out of them...you could probably smell the stink from that all the way to the Furman campus in north Greenville! VMI truly is Very Much Inept. They are definitely a worse football program than even Presbyterian, who is dropping down to non-scholly football. Maybe VMI should follow the lead of PC and demote their football program...the Keydets were terrible when they were in the Big South too. There seems to be no hope of them ever competing in the SoCon or FCS.

bonarae
September 8th, 2018, 09:09 PM
Are they the Georgetown of the SoCon? xchinscratchx

Doooks
September 8th, 2018, 09:16 PM
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_VMI_Keydets_football_seasons

They've sucked for a long time. The last season you could call successful was 1981 when they went 6-3 -1 and beat the Citadel in the Oyster Bowl.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 8th, 2018, 09:16 PM
Their recruiting pool is so small. Still, one would think they would have a winning season every so often. Not go decades without one...

DFW HOYA
September 8th, 2018, 09:18 PM
Are they the Georgetown of the SoCon? xchinscratchx

Gee, thanks.

Their recruiting pool is so small.

Well, at least the Hoyas and Keydets share that in common.

ElCid
September 8th, 2018, 09:30 PM
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_VMI_Keydets_football_seasons

They've sucked for a long time. The last season you could call successful was 1981 when they went 6-3 -1 and beat the Citadel in the Oyster Bowl.

Yeah, I know, I was at the game as a Knob. Long trip to Norfolk.