PDA

View Full Version : Colgate at New Hampshire

Go...gate
September 8th, 2018, 07:28 PM
Colgate leads, 10-3, about five minutes left in the game. Hold on Red Raiders!

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 8th, 2018, 07:28 PM
Gate and the PL need this one desperately!!

Go...gate
September 8th, 2018, 07:30 PM
Gate and the PL need this one desperately!!

I told you I root for the Engineers - please send some good thoughts to the Red Raiders!

- - - Updated - - -

Colgate punts to UNH, 4:18 left.

Schism55
September 8th, 2018, 07:41 PM
Way to go Colgate!!!
UNH...wooof

Twentysix
September 8th, 2018, 07:51 PM
Congrats on the win! Yikes unh

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

katss07
September 8th, 2018, 07:52 PM
And there goes UNH...

Mattymc727
September 8th, 2018, 08:20 PM
UNH is very broken right now. Going to be a long year. Guess they were due!

I think UNH could use a head coaching change tbh. The program needs fresh blood

CenMEBlackBearFan
September 8th, 2018, 10:27 PM
UNH is very broken right now. Going to be a long year. Guess they were due!

I think UNH could use a head coaching change tbh. The program needs fresh blood

14 years in a row in the playoffs, and your 0-2 and need a new coach? Wow, if that isn't what have you done for me lately mindsetxconfusedx
Not to mention you don't have your all CAA QB!!!

Mattymc727
September 8th, 2018, 11:38 PM
14 years in a row in the playoffs, and your 0-2 and need a new coach? Wow, if that isn't what have you done for me lately mindsetxconfusedx
Not to mention you don't have your all CAA QB!!!

I get that, but UNH has never really taken advantage of their position. Coach Mac built the program from nothing, but it’s time for someone else to take the next step. The program is stale with no direction to go or no identity. They have actually gotten worse as a program since building a new stadium. After 14yrs, UNH is still competing for players with Patriot league teams, it will never get over the hump.

Making the playoffs every year is great. But losing in the playoffs every year gets old pretty quick. Coach Mac deserves a statue, but his time is up.

Mattymc727
September 8th, 2018, 11:41 PM
Oh, and i don’t know how many times i have to say it, but Trevor Knight is incredibly overrated. They are still 0-2 even when he is healthy

Schism55
September 9th, 2018, 12:12 AM
UNH offense is bad, really bad.
That WR is really good though, maybe time to give the backup QB a chance?

Go...gate
September 9th, 2018, 12:50 AM
I am very pleased for Colgate to earn an OOC win over a perennially strong CAA program. Good luck to New Hampshire the rest of the season.

caribbeanhen
September 9th, 2018, 07:01 AM
Nice Win Colgate..... 3 more losses and UNH is on the playoff bubble

KPSUL
September 9th, 2018, 08:48 AM
Oh, and i don’t know how many times i have to say it, but Trevor Knight is incredibly overrated. They are still 0-2 even when he is healthy

I don't have clue what you mean, you need to explain that last comment.

I agree with CentralMaine Black Bear, way to early to talk about replacing an iconic head coach after losing to two very good opponents AND there isn't a remote chance it will happen, even if we have 2 consecutive losing seasons. Agreed, Mac has made a big mistake in not bringing in an offensive coordinator to replace Carty. This offensive coordination by committee is not working.

You are also correct in thinking at this juncture the streak of making the playoffs is likely to end this season, and we could easily end up losing more games than we win. The overall quality of play in the conference seems to be higher, and UNH has the toughest conference schedule this season. If Knight comes back in time for the Elon game and the team responds well, we will surprise some good CAA teams down the stretch. However, we may have to be content with playing the conference spoiler this season.

While I don't agree with you that Knight is "incredibly" overrated, I questioned his selection as the CAA Pre-Season Offensive player of the year, but he is unquestionable a solid FCS starting QB. Right
now we have more offense problems than the back-up QB, but no doubt getting Knight back will make the team better. I believe had he played against Colgate we would have won the game; however, not so vs Maine.

KPSUL
September 9th, 2018, 09:01 AM
UNH offense is bad, really bad.
That WR is really good though, maybe time to give the backup QB a chance?

That was the back-up QB. But yep, maybe it's time for the backup's backup.

KPSUL
September 9th, 2018, 09:03 AM
I am very pleased for Colgate to earn an OOC win over a perennially strong CAA program. Good luck to New Hampshire the rest of the season.

Very talented, well-coached Colgate team. How do you think they stack up to your 2015 playoff team?

Mattymc727
September 9th, 2018, 09:32 AM
I have been talking about replacing Coach Mac since last year, not just after 2 games. It’s why i don’t post on the UnH board, because dissenting opinion isn’t welcome there.

They may have beat Colgate with Knight, maybe. However my opinion still stands. He doesn’t have a great arm, he panicks when he doesn’t need to, And he doesn’t have the ability to take over games by himself. The great QBs of the league can do those things. I don’t think he’s the best QB in the CAA

KPSUL
September 9th, 2018, 10:42 AM
I have been talking about replacing Coach Mac since last year, not just after 2 games. It’s why i don’t post on the UnH board, because dissenting opinion isn’t welcome there.

They may have beat Colgate with Knight, maybe. However my opinion still stands. He doesn’t have a great arm, he panicks when he doesn’t need to, And he doesn’t have the ability to take over games by himself. The great QBs of the league can do those things. I don’t think he’s the best QB in the CAA

Maybe I didn't ask the question clearly enough, I just wanted you to explain the part I highlighted, I simply didn't understand what you were saying. I don't think we disagree much on the essentials, I just don't think Knight is "incredibly" overrated, I think merely "overrated" by receiving the Pre-season Offensive player award. To this point, he's no Brian Schorr or Kyle Lauletta

Actually there were at least a couple of posts on the NH Board calling for Mac's replacement last evening and this morning. I think it is ridiculous AND it is totally not going to happen

TribeNomad1
September 9th, 2018, 10:47 AM
Maybe I didn't ask the question clearly enough, I just wanted you to explain the part I highlighted, I simply didn't understand what you were saying. I don't think we disagree much on the essentials, I just don't think Knight is "incredibly" overrated, I think merely "overrated" by receiving the Pre-season Offensive player award. To this point, he's no Brian Schorr or Kyle Lauletta

Actually there were at least a couple of posts on the NH Board calling for Mac's replacement last evening and this morning. I think it is ridiculous AND it is totally not going to happen

I have always thought you guys have a great coach. We have a job opening.

KPSUL
September 9th, 2018, 10:51 AM
I have always thought you guys have a great coach. We have a job opening.

It might be the one place he'd actually move to, seeing that it took him his whole career to win there!

MR. CHICKEN
September 9th, 2018, 10:52 AM

.....STREET & SMITH......DOES..........BRAWK!

Gate83
September 9th, 2018, 11:53 AM
Very talented, well-coached Colgate team. How do you think they stack up to your 2015 playoff team?

I think they have a chance to be better than that team, assuming the soph QB continues to develop. D, in particular the secondary is better than the '15 team. Good luck to your Wildcats the rest of the way, I was at the '15 playoff game & the UNH fans were great... very friendly. I'll be rooting for your turnaround!

Go...gate
September 9th, 2018, 08:40 PM

Still a bit early yet. That 2015 club was something of a sleeper that jelled late. This team's defense looks good so far, but the offense has work to do.

I have confidence that UNH will rebound and be tough the remainder of the season. Too much talent not to be in the thick of things in the CAA!