PDA

View Full Version : Montana State @ South Dakota State

JacksFan40
September 8th, 2018, 08:43 AM
Kickoff at 6 P.M.
Good OOC matchup for both teams, Big Sky V MVFC. MSU looked solid last week against WIU and SDSU looked not great in the couple minutes they played against Iowa State.
SDSU’s still rusty and MSU will be ready to get revenge for last year but I’ll take SDSU in a closer than expected game.
35-27 SDSU.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 8th, 2018, 09:02 AM
really looking forward to this one! There's finally some positive mojo in Bozeman regarding Bobcat football. Ash really sucked the juice out of there...

fencer24
September 8th, 2018, 10:09 AM
Cats don't stand a chance. This is the beginning of their losing streak for the year.

Thumper 76
September 8th, 2018, 10:13 AM
I know I’m nervous about this game, option run heavy qbs have given us fits in the past. Having the first game canceled is doing SDSU no favors IMO since teams make the most improvements from week one to week two. Really gives MSU an edge IMO. That being said IF SDSU is as good as I think and the defense is as good as advertised, we should be able to win this one at home. It’s just going to be closer than most Jacks fans would like I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MSUBobcat
September 8th, 2018, 11:30 AM
Cats don't stand a chance. This is the beginning of their losing streak for the year.

The beginning of our losing streak for the year? As in, MSU won't win for the rest of the year? Or this is the only losing streak we'll have? You're aware we have Wagner at home next week, yes?

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 8th, 2018, 01:06 PM
Yeah I expect a 3 or TD win by SDSU.

Anyone that has watched MSU knows they shouldnt win more than 3 games this season.

All you have to do beat them is stop the run and the cats will not score unless they get a short field then they have a decent FG kicker. HORRIBLE OFFENSE and its not gonna get better until they get some talent on that side of the ball.

JacksFan40
September 8th, 2018, 02:38 PM
Yeah I expect a 3 or TD win by SDSU.

Anyone that has watched MSU knows they shouldnt win more than 3 games this season.

All you have to do beat them is stop the run and the cats will not score unless they get a short field then they have a decent FG kicker. HORRIBLE OFFENSE and its not gonna get better until they get some talent on that side of the ball.
SDSU is known for underperforming against lesser teams, and in some cases getting beat.

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 8th, 2018, 03:34 PM
You could play 9 against this offense and they still shouldnt score.

mmiller_34
September 8th, 2018, 04:06 PM
I don’t see us winning this game. Montana State wins 34-14.

Catbooster
September 8th, 2018, 04:26 PM
I'm expecting a close game, with SDSU winning. We could win, but we'd need our offense makes huge improvements over last week.

Silenoz
September 8th, 2018, 05:58 PM
So, Troy Andersen responsible for 90% of MSU's yardage or 99%?

Twentysix
September 8th, 2018, 06:24 PM
Rust and jitters are the things holding sdsu back. These announcers lol.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 8th, 2018, 06:31 PM
Montana state shouldnt get 100 yards of offense in any game this year. If they do fire your DC

JacksFan40
September 8th, 2018, 06:42 PM
Yard total and end of 1st quarter
SDSU - 99
MSU - 17
MSU making Jacks D look like the best. Jacks up 7-0 after 1.

Schism55
September 8th, 2018, 06:43 PM
MSU offense is...uh....offensive damn Woof

Prime Power
September 8th, 2018, 06:46 PM
Refs are uh offensive. Typical @ SDSU.

Bison56
September 8th, 2018, 06:48 PM
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

POD Knows
September 8th, 2018, 06:50 PM
MSU sucks

JacksFan40
September 8th, 2018, 06:52 PM
Cade Johnson scores a rushing touchdown 14-0.
Johnsons speed is lethal, going to be a big part of the O.

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 8th, 2018, 06:59 PM
That was a HELL of a catch!

TD Jacks

21-0 over the cats

JacksFan40
September 8th, 2018, 07:02 PM
Johnson is the real deal right now, has all 3 TD’s for SDSU, 2 receiving and 1 run.
Here I thought MSU would put up a fight, might still come back but that O needs to get going.

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 8th, 2018, 07:07 PM
cat offense IS going.............its that bad. All they can do is run a bit when Anderson is in there just like last year. One dimensional and VERY easy to stop if you have a decent DC

Kemo
September 8th, 2018, 07:15 PM
Johnson is the real deal right now, has all 3 TD’s for SDSU, 2 receiving and 1 run.
Here I thought MSU would put up a fight, might still come back but that O needs to get going.
Though it was basically a run, Taryn tossed the ball forward so it counts as a pass.

JacksFan40
September 8th, 2018, 07:22 PM
Though it was basically a run, Taryn tossed the ball forward so it counts as a pass.
Eh, I consider it a run.

- - - Updated - - -

Vinateri drills FG.
24-0 with 1:41 left in half.

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 8th, 2018, 07:37 PM
46 yards of offense is way to much for the cats at halftime.

SDSU needs to make some adjustments and shut this down. Its one dimensional its not that hard.

JacksFan40
September 8th, 2018, 07:44 PM
46 yards of offense is way to much for the cats at halftime.

SDSU needs to make some adjustments and shut this down. Its one dimensional its not that hard.
For how lackluster our D has been the last few years I’d say they’ve done good.

wapiti
September 8th, 2018, 08:06 PM
If this is all the better the Cats are, Portland State has a chance to get a conference W this season.

JacksFan40
September 8th, 2018, 08:19 PM
Mikey Daniel scores short TD run.
38-8, this ones over.
3rd Quarter still.

Prime Power
September 8th, 2018, 08:44 PM
Really impressed with SDSU. Either they are really good or MT State and WIU are not. Will be fun to see what happens the next 3 weeks.

Kemo
September 8th, 2018, 09:05 PM
45-14 Final. Jackrabbits.

JacksFan40
September 8th, 2018, 09:12 PM
Next week should be a cakewalk with Arkansas-Pine Bluff.
Then it’s the bye and then Marker Week baby!!!

Drblankstare
September 8th, 2018, 09:17 PM
Shame that the Jacks got weathered out last week, they look really good on both side of the ball. Biggest question I have is how bad is WIU because MSU didn’t impress me at all

Catbooster
September 8th, 2018, 09:33 PM
Congrats Jacks. I thought we'd be able to keep it close. Boy was I wrong.

Kemo
September 9th, 2018, 12:23 AM
Congrats Jacks. I thought we'd be able to keep it close. Boy was I wrong.
Your QB looked okay to start the 2nd half. He was thrown into a tough situation with the starter being out and didn't get any help in the run game, so there should be at least a little optimism that he was able to still have his moments.

Also, your D wasn't as bad as the score, they just got wore down since your offense started the with like 6 three-and-outs. Jacks offense is still a force contrary to the narrative about losing Goedert and Wieneke.

Laker
September 9th, 2018, 12:46 AM
I was in Sioux Falls to see MSU survive Augustana 38-36 as the Vikings failed on the two point conversion after time had expired. Drove up to Brookings. Found out that they jack up ticket prices $5 on game day. The game was over early- Jacks looked good, Bobcats didn't.

h5322rsh
September 9th, 2018, 10:07 AM
Its a first game in a long time where our fans are not complaining about coaching or playing or something. MSU and SDSU signed a 10 year home and home contract in 1956 and SDSU won only 2 of those games and now we got 3 in a row. MSU did not have a good night, but I suspect they will no doubt show up on Nov 17 against the Griz. Thats one that counts just like our Nov 17 against USD. Oh its fun until the Marker Game on Sept 29th. NDSU with 25 seniors and stopping the Cal Poly triple option dead in their tracks. Not a lame comment but the Bison look good this year.

h5322rsh
September 9th, 2018, 10:18 AM
I was in Sioux Falls to see MSU survive Augustana 38-36 as the Vikings failed on the two point conversion after time had expired. Drove up to Brookings. Found out that they jack up ticket prices $5 on game day. The game was over early- Jacks looked good, Bobcats didn't.
What were the tickets price in SF and what did you pay in Brookings? Just curious. I am locked into a 10 year commitment in club seating so have no idea what the ticket prices are worth now days.