PDA

View Full Version : FCS Sightings...

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

AppGuy04
March 20th, 2007, 11:29 AM
Post here when you see a person or apparel of an FCS school, preferably one outside of your state.

I just saw a guy wearing a Youngstown State shirt in the grocery store

Peems
March 20th, 2007, 11:32 AM
Does it count that when i was in the Asheville airport in NC I saw a guy wearing a griz sweater? I of course gave him a "GO GRIZ!" and we raised our arms together in support.

AppGuy04
March 20th, 2007, 11:35 AM
Does it count that when i was in the Asheville airport in NC I saw a guy wearing a griz sweater? I of course gave him a "GO GRIZ!" and we raised our arms together in support.

Sure, a griz shirt in North Carolina is rare air, it counts

TexasTerror
March 20th, 2007, 11:47 AM
I saw a guy in the French Quarter about a week ago wearing Appalachian State stuff...I cheered Appy St for him and he couldn't believe it...

Told'em I was an FCS fan!

OL FU
March 20th, 2007, 11:53 AM
Ran into a Cornell sweatshirt wearing former football player. Chatted for awhile. I told him I was sort of an FCS ( I-AA) expertxlolx . He looked at me like I was xnutsx nuts

dbackjon
March 20th, 2007, 11:54 AM
He looked at me like I was xnutsx nuts

Now to be honest, that had nothing to do with FCS...

SunCoastBlueHen
March 20th, 2007, 11:58 AM
A girl in my duaghter's Girl Scout Troop had a Furman sweatshirt on when I dropped her off for a troop outing on Saturday. I asked her mom about it and it turns out her uncle is a Furman grad.

AZGrizFan
March 20th, 2007, 11:59 AM
Saw a kid wearing a Montana State t-shirt in Taco Bell last weekend. What a dope. xeyebrowx xeyebrowx :D

dbackjon
March 20th, 2007, 12:02 PM
Saw a kid wearing a Montana State t-shirt in Taco Bell last weekend. What a dope. xeyebrowx xeyebrowx :D

Was he behind the counter?

AZGrizFan
March 20th, 2007, 12:03 PM
Was he behind the counter?

Nope. Bussin' tables. :D :D

Col Hogan
March 20th, 2007, 12:13 PM
Nope. Bussin' tables. :D :D

Classy Taco Bell...around here, they let the stuff pile up until customers clean it off so they can sit.

Last week, coming out of a grocery store, I saw a van with an Appy helmet sticker...the husband is an ASU grad. I had my UMass sweatshirt on at the time, so I took the brunt of that conversation...but all is good.

AZGrizFan
March 20th, 2007, 12:15 PM
Classy Taco Bell...around here, they let the stuff pile up until customers clean it off so they can sit.

Last week, coming out of a grocery store, I saw a van with an Appy helmet sticker...the husband is an ASU grad. I had my UMass sweatshirt on at the time, so I took the brunt of that conversation...but all is good.

Well, it IS in Scottsdale, you know.....the locals wouldn't stand for letting the stuff pile up. xeyebrowx xeyebrowx xeyebrowx xeyebrowx

Peems
March 20th, 2007, 12:17 PM
A few summers ago when i was in Williamsburg at the local Wawa i ran into some Bill and Mary players, I asked them about Lang Campbell and told them to beat those dirty dukes!

89Hen
March 20th, 2007, 12:21 PM
I see lots of I-AA car stickers around here. I've thought about keeping track of them, but I'm too lazy. :)

OL FU
March 20th, 2007, 12:41 PM
Now to be honest, that had nothing to do with FCS...

Not my fault he was from Cornell:p xrotatehx xlolx

MarkCCU
March 20th, 2007, 01:04 PM
Had a few ladies at the hotel over the weekend and one was wearing a UNI shirt, she graduated from there back in the early 80's. I didn't ask if she knew Cap'n Cat.

dbackjon
March 20th, 2007, 01:05 PM
Had a few ladies at the hotel over the weekend and one was wearing a UNI shirt, she graduated from thier back in the early 80's. I didn't ask if she knew Cap'n Cat.

Didn't want to risk getting slapped?

LeopardFan04
March 20th, 2007, 01:08 PM
See Montana gear once in a great while...

Lots of CAA schools too...but that's not as rare...

PantherRob82
March 20th, 2007, 06:40 PM
I see a lot of ND and NDSU stuff around here. Especially at hockey games. I also a guy with a Delaware sweatshirt in an antique mall in Des Moines.

turfdoc
March 20th, 2007, 06:53 PM
Walked by a couple in Montreal two weeks ago and she was wearing a Drake sweat shirt.

Had a nice conversation about football and basketball. Turns out they were in town for the same conference I was.

HiHiYikas
March 20th, 2007, 08:05 PM
I see a lot of JMU flags around town. Seems like the cooler the neighborhood, the more likely there will be a JMU flag on one of the row-houses. Of course, JMU fans aren't exactly out of place here.

I did see an App State flag flying from a second-story balcony on Monument Avenue a couple of weeks ago.

PSUVikings
March 20th, 2007, 08:07 PM
I live in Wenatchee,WA and saw someone wearing a Northern Arizona shirt

slycat
March 20th, 2007, 08:09 PM
i saw a couple people wearing montana shirts in san marcos.

blackfordpu
March 20th, 2007, 08:14 PM
Saw a girl wearing a Sam Houston shirt at the gym today. I was wearing my Katfans.com shirt too. xnodx

CoastalFan2005
March 20th, 2007, 08:25 PM
There's a girl in my department at school from Maine, so she wears a UMaine sweater in the winter pretty often.

At the CCU vs. UNC-A first round Big South Men's BKball tournament game, there was some guy wearing a Griz t-shirt. Didn't think to say anything to him, I was too busy A) playing my tuba and B) being dumbfounded by the size of UNC-A player Kenny George (7'7", 350lbs - xeekx xeekx xeekx )

griz37
March 20th, 2007, 09:39 PM
A guy wearing a UNI shirt occassionaly comes into my work. Have also seen lots of Maine stuff here in Missoula, most at UM.

appfan2008
March 20th, 2007, 09:48 PM
I saw a william and mary hoodie in orange park florida

appfan2008
March 20th, 2007, 09:48 PM
also on the same trip saw a number of cars with asu stickers on the back!

igo4uni
March 20th, 2007, 09:53 PM
Didn't want to risk getting slapped?

Or a big hug!!!:D :D :D :D

igo4uni
March 20th, 2007, 09:55 PM
As I posted previously on this fine board, I saw a guy in San Diego who was sporting an ASU sweatshirt and I said hi to him. Also, I told him about AGS!!!!!!

JALMOND
March 21st, 2007, 04:21 AM
Last Thursday I followed a car with Oregon plates and it had one of those decals in the window from North Dakota State University. Followed it down 82nd in NE Portland.

Also, did anyone else see the girl with the Montana State sweatshirt talking on the street to Leno on I think it was Friday? It was one of those street interviews he does periodically. I couldn't hear what was said as I was in the bar and they had the sound down.

HIU 93
March 21st, 2007, 07:02 AM
Post here when you see a person or apparel of an FCS school, preferably one outside of your state.

Having a college degree around here is like having a head. Almost everyone has one, so you see people with all types of college paraphernalia from all types of colleges all the time.

AZGrizFan
March 21st, 2007, 11:43 AM
Was watching the Today Show this a.m., and as they panned the crowd someone right in front was wearing an Indiana State sweatshirt. xconfusedx xconfusedx xconfusedx

dbackjon
March 21st, 2007, 11:45 AM
Was watching the Today Show this a.m., and as they panned the crowd someone right in front was wearing an Indiana State sweatshirt. xconfusedx xconfusedx xconfusedx

Was MplsBison right behind him, trying to get him thrown out?

AppGuy04
March 21st, 2007, 12:01 PM
Having a college degree around here is like having a head. Almost everyone has one, so you see people with all types of college paraphernalia from all types of colleges all the time.

I think the RTP area here is much the same

AZGrizFan
March 21st, 2007, 12:18 PM
Was MplsBison right behind him, trying to get him thrown out?

I don't know, but that's funny. xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx

lizrdgizrd
March 21st, 2007, 01:36 PM
Yep, I see all sorts of college stickers. Mostly NCSU, UNC, Duke, WF, App, ECU, NCCU, and I once saw SHSU. xeekx

Slammer50111
March 21st, 2007, 03:00 PM
A sports bar/pool hall in Des Moines has a framed #74 UNI jersey haning up. Never new the captian was so big in Des Moines.

HIU 93
March 22nd, 2007, 10:28 AM

It is, but being in the Nations Capital is very interesting for that sort of thin, especially in the summer with all the Capitol Hill interns. You see sitckers and shirts from colleges you didn't know existed.

AppGuy04
March 22nd, 2007, 10:47 AM
It is, but being in the Nations Capital is very interesting for that sort of thin, especially in the summer with all the Capitol Hill interns. You see sitckers and shirts from colleges you didn't know existed.

and probably will only see once in your life

spelunker64
March 22nd, 2007, 10:48 AM
Saw a wabbit sweatshirt at the FargoDome last night for "The Producers"

Bearkatpresident
March 22nd, 2007, 01:29 PM
Every once in awhile you see a refugee from San Marcos wearing a texas state shirt on our campus. Hadn't been here long enough to get a free Sam Houston shirt yet.

SU Jag
March 22nd, 2007, 07:08 PM
I saw a lady today with a Hampton shirt on today, usually here in Birmingham you see a lot of Southern stuff like car tags and shirts. You also see a lot of Furman, Tennessee State, FAMU, Georgia Southern, Grambling, Jackson State, Alcorn St, Hampton,Tennessee Tech, and Howard alums here. I saw a guy a few weeks back with a James Madison National Championship shirt on.

Tod
March 23rd, 2007, 12:53 AM
Last year I saw several Portland State shirts/hats/fans in Albuquerque.

'course PSU was just about to spank the Lobos. :D

andy7171
March 23rd, 2007, 07:28 AM
A little girl, age 6, on my daughters lacrosse team was wearing a Montana Grizzlie t-shirt at practice last night. Quite a distance away in Baltimore Maryland!

CoastalFan2005
March 23rd, 2007, 03:59 PM
Saw some guy with a "James Madison Baseball" shirt on walking around CCU today.

GeauxColonels
March 25th, 2007, 01:44 PM
There's a girl living at my apartment complex here in Baton Rouge, LA with a UNH window decal.

dbackjon
March 25th, 2007, 01:49 PM
Went to the local country gay bar with my partner and some friends - ran into my old roommate (NAU grad), and his new roommate (Montana grad) - he was wearing a Griz t-shirt.

JALMOND
March 26th, 2007, 02:31 AM
Last year I saw several Portland State shirts/hats/fans in Albuquerque.

'course PSU was just about to spank the Lobos. :D

You mean PSU fans actually travel to away games???

AppGuy04
March 26th, 2007, 07:50 AM
Saw 2 seperate Delaware cars this morning. One had a Delaware Lacrosse sticker and the other had a UD license plate

OL FU
March 26th, 2007, 08:04 AM
Yesterday's Greenville News front page picture had a guy in an App State sweatshirt. I cannot for the life of me remember why he was on the front pagexconfusedx

spelunker64
March 26th, 2007, 08:07 AM
Yesterday's Greenville News front page picture had a guy in an App State sweatshirt. I cannot for the life of me remember why he was on the front pagexconfusedx

Fire or tornado ripped through his trailer park??? xsmiley_wix

AppGuy04
March 28th, 2007, 09:24 AM
bttt

slycat
April 2nd, 2007, 08:58 PM
a guy in one of my classes was wearing a north dakota hat.

bobbythekidd
April 2nd, 2007, 09:02 PM
xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

MarkCCU
April 2nd, 2007, 09:06 PM
GIrl checked in today wearing a JMU shirt

Friday a guy was wearing a Furman shirt. He was from Montana.

appfan2008
April 2nd, 2007, 09:13 PM
I will give you that one... that was pretty funny xlolx xlolx xlolx

griz37
April 2nd, 2007, 09:20 PM
I was hiking the M the other day & passed a guy wearing a SDSU Jacks sweatshirt.

proasu89
April 2nd, 2007, 10:29 PM
I certainly don't mind the joke at our expense because it sure is fun being on top of the mountainxthumbsupx However we are heading into tornado season and God help all those in the midwest and south whose house has no foundation.

Fresno St. Alum
April 3rd, 2007, 03:25 AM
Okay, Me I own a Montana T-Shirt(its rust red and yellow the good old colors), Illinois St., Princeton, Georgetown(b-ball jersey too),Cornell, and Duke(hehe)

JALMOND
April 3rd, 2007, 03:37 AM
I was watching a show on the History Channel the other day on the Battle of Little Big Horn and one of the archeologists they interviewed had a Griz cap on. He obviously was very proud of the Griz as no one else had a cap on (a few cowboy hats, tho).

AZGrizFan
April 5th, 2007, 11:22 AM
Anybody see Leno last night? On Jaywalking in Vegas, he interviewed a guy wearing a Montana Grizzlies t-shirt.....unfortunately you KNOW he came off as a moron, otherwise he'd have never made the cut... xeyebrowx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx

spelunker64
April 5th, 2007, 11:23 AM
sounds about right ;)

AZGrizFan
April 5th, 2007, 11:41 AM
sounds about right ;)

The guy was standing in front of "Paris", and Jay asks him about the Eifel Tower.

Jay: "What Parisian landmark is duplicated in Las Vegas?"
Guy: "What's Parisian?"
Jay: "Where do you think "Parisians come from?"
Guy: "Persia?"

GoGuins
April 5th, 2007, 12:20 PM

We're all over, did you go up to him and yell "Ha Ha, we kicked your a$$!":D

lizrdgizrd
April 5th, 2007, 12:42 PM
We're all over, did you go up to him and yell "Ha Ha, we kicked your a$$!":D
We only do that in the Smack forum. xsmiley_wix

slycat
November 16th, 2007, 11:09 AM
i was driving through north austin the other day and saw a portland state license plate holder. first time i have seen anything from that school in this area.

Appaholic
November 16th, 2007, 11:21 AM

Peems....what were you doing in AsheVegas? Let me know next time you come to area, I live one exit down from airport. We'll call a meeting of SE AGS squad....OlFu, Black'nGold, DeathDealer, Citdog and myself......we can discuss the Griz's OOC schedule...j/k....xlolx

Liberty2005
November 16th, 2007, 02:36 PM
Met an ASU girl at a concert in Atlanta.

Her adams apple was bigger than mine.

lizrdgizrd
November 16th, 2007, 02:48 PM
Met an ASU girl at a concert in Atlanta.

Her adams apple was bigger than mine.
So was her schmeckle. xsmiley_wix

Benne
November 16th, 2007, 03:01 PM
I had to stop myself from flipping ***** to this gal coming out of the YMCA last night in Billings wearing a NDSU sweatshirt. I've also got a guy in my pool whose son wrestles for NDSU, I never see him wearing anything but Bison gear. Drives me up the wall.

danefan
November 16th, 2007, 07:51 PM
I like this thread....I missed it the first time around.....

I saw a Montana fan in Midtown Manhattan a few weeks ago. I almost got hit by a cab crossing the street because I had to do a double take.

Clearly on vacation studying a NYC map....

mlbowl
November 17th, 2007, 11:44 AM
I was behind a truck today that had a Northern Arizona Cheerleading sticker in the rear window.xnodx

DuckDuckGriz
November 17th, 2007, 11:50 AM
I see Griz stuff almost every other day but barely ever see Portland State wear. However, the other day I saw a girl wearing a UNI Panthers sweatshirt walking into the library.

CoastalFan2005
November 17th, 2007, 12:33 PM
As I mentioned in a previous thread, App State fans are invading Myrtle Beach lately...for about the past month or two, it seems like I see one of them every other day.

mistersykes
November 17th, 2007, 01:04 PM
This summer when I worked on Mt. Mitchell, I saw several FCS schools represented. Most were from North Carolina, but I distinctly remember Furman, Wofford, and SDSU (long way from home!). I forget the other ones that were there.

spelunker64
November 19th, 2007, 04:34 PM
I had to stop myself from flipping ***** to this gal coming out of the YMCA last night in Billings wearing a NDSU sweatshirt. I've also got a guy in my pool whose son wrestles for NDSU, I never see him wearing anything but Bison gear. Drives me up the wall.

Why are there guys in your pool....xrolleyesx xeyebrowx xsmiley_wix

lizrdgizrd
November 19th, 2007, 04:41 PM
I ran into a buddy of mine this weekend who graduated from App and went to law school at Dayton. He was wearing a Dayton windbreaker. xnodx

Grizaholic17
November 19th, 2007, 04:45 PM
I ran into a buddy of mine this weekend who graduated from App and went to law school at Dayton. He was wearing a Dayton windbreaker. xnodx

a few weeks back I went to Phoenix and saw some griz apparel in one of their sports stores in a BIG mall.

SunCoastBlueHen
November 19th, 2007, 04:50 PM
I was at the Tampa airport the other day and I saw a very pudgy, dumpy looking guy with an attitude wearing a Maine t-shirt, hat and shorts. My first thought was, is that MaineJeff?

OhioHen
November 20th, 2007, 06:21 AM
Saw a woman wearing a UNH sweatshirt at a local Chinese buffet last night. My son said "Go Wildcats - the Hens want a home game in Round 2." She had no clue what he was talking about!!! xsmhx xnonono2x xnonox xoopsx

andy7171
November 20th, 2007, 06:45 AM
I saw a UC Davis sticker in a car's rear window yesterday.

MR. CHICKEN
November 20th, 2007, 06:51 AM
AH SAW UH LITTLE BOY...MAYBEAH 4 YEARS OLD......WEARIN' UH GREEN NDSU T-SHIRT....UP AT MILBURN ORCHARDS.........FEW DAYS B/4 HALLOWEEN........OH BRUTTER....WAS AH SCARED.....xeekx.....BRAWK!

Purple For Life
November 20th, 2007, 07:26 AM
Right after I really started posting on here a lot, I saw a guy a Wal-Mart wearing a Montana shirt...

I considered buying an EWU shirt when I was in Spokane, but their licensing must be worse than UNI's--there wasn't much to choose from!

TexasTerror
November 20th, 2007, 08:06 AM
Met a Bobcat and quite a few Demons, didn't quite exorcise them, last night... ;)

813Jag
November 20th, 2007, 10:09 AM
I saw somebody driving around Tampa with a Delaware football bumper sticker.

SunCoastBlueHen
November 20th, 2007, 10:14 AM
I saw somebody driving around Tampa with a Delaware football bumper sticker.

Lotsa old Delaware fan "snowbirds". xnodx

813Jag
November 20th, 2007, 11:49 AM
Lotsa old Delaware fan "snowbirds". xnodx
That's the first one I saw. I guess I haven't been paying attention. xlolx

Mountain Panther
November 20th, 2007, 12:20 PM
Saw two Montana fans walking down the concourse yesterday at the Denver Airport. One had a Griz hat and the other a Griz shirt. Looked like real azzholes. :D ;)

AZGrizFan
November 21st, 2007, 12:45 AM
Golfed today in our Make-a-Wish Foundation Charity Golf tournament. My club covers are Montana Griz covers, with the driver cover being Monte :D (yeah, I'm sick that way)....one of the course attendants drives by and asks "did you go to Montana?" and when I say "Yes", he tells me he graduated from EWU, and we talked about the Cowboys (McNeese State xcoolx ) and Wofford and what the BSC teams chances were in the playoffs.

I tell ya, FCS is takin' over the world!! xwhistlex xwhistlex xwhistlex xwhistlex

Gil Dobie
November 21st, 2007, 09:31 AM

I saw a couple thousand NDSU gear in Fargo last weekend. I live in Minnesota, and yes I am a smart arse. :D

citdog
November 21st, 2007, 09:37 AM
one of you mass. yankees ask Cleets to wear his The Citadel shirt he got when he came down here for the Vermin-The Citadel game.

Appaholic
November 21st, 2007, 09:38 AM
one of you mass. yankees ask Cleets to wear his The Citadel shirt he got when he came down here for the Vermin-The Citadel game.

Why....is he going to a pillow fight?

citdog
November 21st, 2007, 09:40 AM
Why....is he going to a pillow fight?

yeah and as usual you will be the one biting the pillow!xlolx xrulesx

appfan2008
November 21st, 2007, 10:10 AM
saw another dang montana shirt here on thanksgiving break in wilmington nc... i see those things everywhere

AZGrizFan
November 21st, 2007, 11:33 AM
saw another dang montana shirt here on thanksgiving break in wilmington nc... i see those things everywhere

xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx

Cobblestone
November 21st, 2007, 01:30 PM
Mrs. Cobblestone is a UMASS grad and has a UMASS thong.

lizrdgizrd
November 21st, 2007, 02:57 PM
Shenanigans! We need indisputable visual proof. xnodx

citdog
November 21st, 2007, 03:01 PM

There is no indisputable video evidence to make the call

Col Hogan
November 21st, 2007, 05:17 PM

I knew there was something classy about you...now I know what...:D

Cobblestone
November 21st, 2007, 07:15 PM
xlolx xlolx

I have already had enough trouble with the mods.

AZGrizFan
November 21st, 2007, 11:48 PM
Went to the Suns game tonight, wearing my Montana Griz shirt (of course!)....the hostess in the Hard Rock asked if we were from Montana, and when we answered that we were, she said..."I don't like the Griz! I'm a Bobcat fan!". Then, she proceeded to point out a table of frickin' Bozo fans sitting in the restaurant! So, I went up to them, asked if there were an Bobkittie fans present, and if so, we'd have to ask them to leave. We talked for a couple minutes, and then my party was seated.

About halfway through dinner, the server brought over the bill from the Bozo table, and said they said it was ok and I had agreed to pay their bill. xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx

20 minutes later, we ran into those SAME Bozo fans at the Suns game xnodx xnodx xnodx ....he thanked me for the free dinner! xnonox xnonox

slycat
December 26th, 2007, 04:34 PM
i was driving through fort worth for the holidays and saw an fcs sighting for sore eyes......

a shsu and sfa sticker on the same car.xeekx xeekx xeekx xeekx xeekx

citdog
December 26th, 2007, 05:16 PM
outside my house this morning there was this loud beeping. i looked out the window and lo and behold the dumpster was being emptied. the man who was doing the emptying had on a Georgia Southern University shirt. he looked at me, winked, shouted..

HO!

AND HE WAS GONE!xnodx

rjg129
December 26th, 2007, 08:54 PM
did not see this thread before....

week of the NC game, there was a guy in my hotel with a Udel sweatshirt on...

unicat87
December 26th, 2007, 09:53 PM
i was driving through fort worth for the holidays and saw an fcs sighting for sore eyes......

a shsu and sfa sticker on the same car.xeekx xeekx xeekx xeekx xeekx

Is that even legal in Texas? ;) Only thing worse would be UT and A @ M stickers on the same car! xlolx -unicat87

patssle
December 26th, 2007, 09:56 PM
a shsu and sfa sticker on the same car

What the hell? Burn half the car!

MarkCCU
December 27th, 2007, 06:10 AM
Went to publix last night and parked next to a car with JMU stickers. Saw the Family and the supposed "Proud Mom of a JMU Student" looking very pissed off.

lizrdgizrd
December 27th, 2007, 01:56 PM
Walking through the parking lot to work today I saw a car with a Fordham window sticker on it. xthumbsupx

slycat
December 27th, 2007, 01:59 PM
Is that even legal in Texas? ;) Only thing worse would be UT and A @ M stickers on the same car! xlolx -unicat87

ive seen house divided ut and a&m stickers.

OSBF
December 27th, 2007, 02:10 PM
outside my house this morning there was this loud beeping. i looked out the window and lo and behold the dumpster was being emptied. the man who was doing the emptying had on a Georgia Southern University shirt. he looked at me, winked, shouted..

HO!

AND HE WAS GONE!xnodx

I had a similar experience recently at McDonalds. They guy behind the counter was wearing an SIU cap, smiled proudly showing me his tooth, and asked me if I wanted fries with that.

Grizo406
December 27th, 2007, 05:23 PM
I was at the Southgate Mall in Missoula today, and saw a guy wearing a Griz sweatshirt.

As we passed each other, I said "Go Griz". He smiled big, and gave me "the finger". I returned his "salute" by holding up 3 of my fingers...this guy laughed out loud, and gave me a "thumbs up"! Gotta' love a true Griz fan!

The kicker here...I was wearing my Appalachian State t-shirt, (courtesy of proasu89), that he clearly saw!

True story!

bobbythekidd
December 27th, 2007, 05:29 PM
About a year ago Big Ho and I were in a Wal-Mart in Hilton Head, SC. On the way out we passed one of those claw/grabber games with all the stuffed animals and stuff. One of the prizes was a maroon griz duffel bag in plastic. I am sure it was too heavy for that stupid claw to lift.

MarkCCU
December 28th, 2007, 06:46 AM
Was sculpting my abs and guns in the gym last night and this overweight nerd with huge, 1980's glassess was wearing Leigh shirt.

Benne
December 28th, 2007, 11:22 AM
I was wearing a Griz hat to Baltimore @ Seattle last Sunday. While returning rented beer I gave my brother's shoulder a good hard push. Breaking urinal etiquette, he informed the person next him about those damn griz fans. The guy unzipped his coat and he had a '01 NC sweatshirt on.

Eaglesrus
December 28th, 2007, 12:16 PM
This past weekend a friend (a U. of GA grad, I'm afraid) was telling us about a recent mission trip to Germany. She said she saw a young German lady wearing a GA Southern shirt, then found out that she has a sibling who attends GSU.

citdog
December 28th, 2007, 12:25 PM
This past weekend a friend (a U. of GA grad, I'm afraid) was telling us about a recent mission trip to Germany. She said she saw a young German lady wearing a GA Southern shirt, then found out that she has a sibling who attends GSU.

my two favorite things in the entire world.

Nazi's and GSU.... in one post!

touche

Eaglesrus
December 28th, 2007, 12:46 PM
my two favorite things in the entire world.

Nazi's and GSU.... in one post!

touche

Well, glad to see that you finally came out of the closet and admit that you're a GSU fan!

th0m
December 28th, 2007, 01:49 PM
I see some NAU shirts walking around over here every now and then, our uni has an exchange program with them. Other FCS schools they exchange with include Furman and the CofC (as well as a bunch of FBS schools), but I've never seen apparel from them.

downbythebeach
December 29th, 2007, 01:48 AM
Does anyone have a store called Gabriel Brothers by them.....?

I think its a kind of liquidator store.....there are a few in eastern Ohio

They have a random shirt section with random colleges all over the country
for like 2 bucks a piece
some of them are old...i just seen a Southern University 2005 SWAC baseball champs shirt among others....bought a Drake one too

slycat
March 17th, 2008, 06:19 PM
i saw a citadel car sticker in the galleria area of houston yesterday and a prairie view a&m as well. now if seen all of the texas schools represented.

89Hen
March 20th, 2008, 01:57 PM
Guy wearing a Northwestern State sweatshirt at the supermarket at lunch! He was already on his way out when I was standing in line, so I didn't get to impress him with my pronounciation of Natchitoches.

http://northwestern.stateuniversity.com/assets/logo/image/163/large/81-1.jpg

lizrdgizrd
March 20th, 2008, 02:01 PM
In the past week I've seen Dartmouth, Stony Brook and W&M stuff around here.

OLDMAIN80
March 20th, 2008, 02:05 PM
Opened my door the other night and a guy was standing there in a Furman sweatshirt. I paid him for the pizza and he left.xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

proasu89
March 20th, 2008, 08:13 PM
Opened my door the other night and a guy was standing there in a Furman sweatshirt. I paid him for the pizza and he left.xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

Well, that was the only way to get him off your porch.xsmiley_wix

AZGrizFan
March 20th, 2008, 08:32 PM
Saw what appeared to be about half the Drake women's soccer team at breakfast Wednesday morning....

A couple lookers in there, too... xeyebrowx xeyebrowx xeyebrowx

89Hen
April 16th, 2008, 09:49 AM
Saw a Montana Griz licence plate holder last night with Maryland tags! First time I've seen this. xthumbsupx

813Jag
April 16th, 2008, 09:53 AM
I saw a guy with a Samford sweatshirt on in Publix last night.

OL FU
April 16th, 2008, 09:54 AM
I saw a guy in a The Citadel hat being thrown out of a local Greenville drinking establishment about two months agoxnodx

813Jag
April 16th, 2008, 09:55 AM
Does anyone have a store called Gabriel Brothers by them.....?

I think its a kind of liquidator store.....there are a few in eastern Ohio

They have a random shirt section with random colleges all over the country
for like 2 bucks a piece
some of them are old...i just seen a Southern University 2005 SWAC baseball champs shirt among others....bought a Drake one too
I didn't know they made those.

Ivytalk
April 16th, 2008, 10:25 AM
Lots of JMU, Elon, Richmond and W&M decals/hats/shirts in the Wilmington area. I've also seen a few Furmans and a Wofford.

SideLine Shooter
April 16th, 2008, 11:17 AM

I hear the favorite shirt in the California Penal System is the Montana State Football Tshirt.xcoolx xeyebrowx xrotatehx xnodx

SideLine Shooter
April 16th, 2008, 11:20 AM
I saw a guy in a The Citadel hat being thrown out of a local Greenville drinking establishment about two months agoxnodx

NORMAL!!!xlolx

NorCalJack
April 16th, 2008, 12:26 PM
We were in Hawaii last summer and I saw a Montana St. sweatshirt on a gal standing in line.

I also saw a guy with an Illinois St. Jacket on at the Oakland airport.

lizrdgizrd
April 16th, 2008, 01:25 PM
I see Presby stuff on a regular basis. One of the kids from my church plays there and his family wears swag all the time.

Appaholic
April 16th, 2008, 01:39 PM
We were in Hawaii last summer and I saw a Montana St. sweatshirt on a gal standing in line.

Was she waiting to be processed?

gophoenix
April 16th, 2008, 02:34 PM
Today....
App
Western
Elon
A&T
Campbell
JMU
William & Mary
Villanova
Western Illinois
Northern Iowa
UC Davis
Hampton
SC State

All in High Point on my way to work. I live in I-AA heaven (or hell)

Grizalltheway
April 16th, 2008, 02:39 PM
I was in Ireland for spring break, and ended up sitting next to a girl who goes to MSU on the bus ride from Cork to Dublin. Small world. xnodx

Grizzaholic
April 16th, 2008, 03:53 PM
Was she waiting to be processed?

Wrong question, why was she wearing a sweatshirt in Hawaii?

Cap'n Cat
April 16th, 2008, 07:21 PM
An vendor came in today wearing an NDSU polo...the ****.

:D

SideLine Shooter
April 16th, 2008, 07:22 PM
I was in Ireland for spring break, and ended up sitting next to a girl who goes to MSU on the bus ride from Cork to Dublin. Small world. xnodx

Was she from the Calif. Penal System???xnodx xnodx

slycat
May 21st, 2008, 07:35 PM
i saw some morgan st gear today. rare sighting around this part of the country.

bobbythekidd
May 21st, 2008, 08:30 PM
i saw some morgan st gear today. rare sighting around this part of the country.
It is a rare sight in Baltimore too. They only have 6,000 students in a city that size.

Appstate29
May 27th, 2008, 11:25 AM
Memorial Day Weekend in Boone, North Carolina, I saw 1 Montana State shirt and TWO Montana Griz t-shirts (on different people). All were females, I wish I had a second to talk to them!

Ivytalk
May 27th, 2008, 11:27 AM
A young Parkersburg couple that ABC News interviewed after the tornado sported UNI t-shirts.

Eaglesrus
May 27th, 2008, 11:45 AM
I saw a GSU shirt in Winston-Salem Saturday, but then it was being worn by my tailgating buddy whose step-son was getting married up there that afternoon :)

89Hen
May 27th, 2008, 12:06 PM
A young Parkersburg couple that ABC News interviewed after the tornado sported UNI t-shirts.
Walmart special? xeyebrowx :p :o

AZGrizFan
May 27th, 2008, 12:07 PM
Memorial Day Weekend in Boone, North Carolina, I saw 1 Montana State shirt and TWO Montana Griz t-shirts (on different people). All were females, I wish I had a second to talk to them!

Was the MSU grad delivering pizzas to the Penthouse suite again? xlolx xlolx xlolx

bobbythekidd
May 27th, 2008, 12:07 PM
Walmart employee? xeyebrowx :p :o
fixed

spelunker64
May 27th, 2008, 12:08 PM
Saw a Montana State University license plate in Fargo the other day...

Couple fat chicks :D

Grizalltheway
May 27th, 2008, 12:14 PM
Saw a Montana State License plate in Fargo the other day...

Couple fat chicks :D

Par for the course. xnodx xnodx

Pards Rule
May 27th, 2008, 02:02 PM
Was sculpting my abs and guns in the gym last night and this overweight nerd with huge, 1980's glassess was wearing Leigh shirt.

U mean Lehigh...Figures...No one has seen Lafayette stuff out there? I wear it all the time.

andy7171
June 2nd, 2008, 07:08 AM
Here;s one for citdog!

A giant blue "C" with THE CITADEL written across the middle. The sticker had to be a foot tall. The infiltration of the North has begun!

AshevilleApp2
June 2nd, 2008, 07:13 AM
Here;s one for citdog!

A giant blue "C" with THE CITADEL written across the middle. The sticker had to be a foot tall. The infiltration of the North has begun!

The third invasion has begun!

SunCoastBlueHen
June 3rd, 2008, 07:58 AM
I was at the beach with the family yesterday evening and took notice of a cute girl walking up the beach. When she got closer I saw that she was wearing an Appalachian State Football t-shirt. I wasn't as surprised to see someone walking up the beach with an ASU football shirt on as I was that she was actually cute. :p

CharlestonAppFan
June 3rd, 2008, 08:12 AM
I was at the beach with the family yesterday evening and took notice of a cute girl walking up the beach. When she got closer I saw that she was wearing an Appalachian State Football t-shirt. I wasn't as surprised to see someone walking up the beach with an ASU football shirt on as I was that she was actually cute. :p

Glad you didn't ask her any geography questions xthumbsupx xsmiley_wix xlolx We do actually grow 'em purty cute up there :D

mountaineertider
June 3rd, 2008, 08:17 AM

Why in the world were you suprised to see a cute girl in an App football shirt?

Heck that one below wears ASU stuff all the time, and I think she's cute. (Score for the never known about brownie points I can bring up when I need them!! xthumbsupx )

SunCoastBlueHen
June 3rd, 2008, 12:07 PM
Why in the world were you suprised to see a cute girl in an App football shirt?

Heck that one below wears ASU stuff all the time, and I think she's cute. (Score for the never known about brownie points I can bring up when I need them!! xthumbsupx )

Just a light-hearted dig, Tider.

And yes, we can add another cute ASU girl to the count. We now know there are at least two. :)

SideLine Shooter
June 3rd, 2008, 12:27 PM
I was in the Post Office a couple of days ago and walked by the "WANTED POSTERS" and I saw probably the uglyist FAT woman I have ever seen. I looked closer to make sure it was a female and she had on a MSU Football Tshirt. A Montana State Football shirt. I lost any respect for the state of Montana after that.

Appaholic
June 3rd, 2008, 12:34 PM

Their single-wide get blown apart.....xwhistlex

lizrdgizrd
June 3rd, 2008, 01:06 PM
The anesthetist during my wife's C-section was an Montana State grad. She did a good job anyway. xsmiley_wix

mountaineertider
June 3rd, 2008, 02:40 PM
Just a light-hearted dig, Tider.

And yes, we can add another cute ASU girl to the count. We now know there are at least two. :)

oh i know you were, i was mostly using that as something to earn me brownie points later. it's been a while since i've gotten yelled at, so i'm due.

grizband
June 5th, 2008, 03:14 PM
I just spoke with a client who played baseball for Georgia Southern in the 1979 College World Series. He will be in town next week, and hopefully I will have a chance to show him around.

Eaglesrus
June 5th, 2008, 03:44 PM
I just spoke with a client who played baseball for Georgia Southern in the 1979 College World Series. He will be in town next week, and hopefully I will have a chance to show him around.

One problem with that: don't believe we were in the '79 CWS. Our years were '73 and '90.

brad_gsu2011
June 5th, 2008, 05:21 PM
ran into a guy on a cruse to the bahamas wearing a georgia southern shirt.
ran into another guy on the same cruse wearing a furman shirt.

dont know how that one happened.

spelunker64
June 5th, 2008, 05:31 PM
ran into a guy on a cruse to the bahamas wearing a georgia southern shirt.
ran into another guy on the same cruse wearing a furman shirt.

dont know how that one happened.

Did they give you good service?

bobbythekidd
June 5th, 2008, 05:33 PM
That was only half funny.

Tod
June 5th, 2008, 05:36 PM

Bob is wrong. That was really funny. xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

brad_gsu2011
June 5th, 2008, 05:41 PM

the guy in the furman shirt couldnt even do that.

spelunker64
June 5th, 2008, 05:56 PM
Bob is wrong. That was really funny. xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

It's Bob dammit

grizband
June 5th, 2008, 06:09 PM
One problem with that: don't believe we were in the '79 CWS. Our years were '73 and '90.
It was probably '73 then, he said sometime in the 1970s, I thought I remember '79.

Eaglesrus
June 5th, 2008, 08:27 PM
It was probably '73 then, he said sometime in the 1970s, I thought I remember '79.

Well, there was a 7 in one of the years and a 9 in the other; maybe he played for us in both :)

GeauxColonels
June 5th, 2008, 09:01 PM
A week ago, I was at the Tanger Outlet Mall here in Gonzales (about 20 miles southeast of Baton Rouge) and there was a Jeep with writing on the windows. One side said "Ashley - Class of '08" while the driver's side window said "Elon Bound!"

This is definitely one of the more unusual FCS sightings I have experienced.

CopperCat
June 5th, 2008, 09:11 PM
I live on base, and there aren't many officers that live in base family housing so I tend to not miss much. There was a kid walking thru the sidewalk that skirts out backyard that had a UM shirt on. Turns out his dad is an instructor pilot that lives just down the street. I decided I had to talk the dog for a walk while sporting my MSU regalia. The guy thought it was funny, so we talked for quite awhile.

It seems that no matter where you go, you find somebody that's from MT. Very refreshing for me having not been home in way too long. Oklahoma sucks.:(

ASUMountaineer
June 5th, 2008, 09:18 PM
I was in Orlando (Sea World) the other weekend and saw a UM t-shirt on a boy and his dad. I had my App hat on, but thought better of being a douche. :)

rjg129
June 5th, 2008, 11:44 PM
had a professor from MSU stay at my hotel...

very impressed i knew the mascot was a bobcat

ursus arctos horribilis
June 5th, 2008, 11:54 PM
I was in Orlando (Sea World) the other weekend and saw a UM t-shirt on a boy and his dad. I had my App hat on, but thought better of being a douche. :)

What would you have to be a douche about? I guess you could say something like "hey Mr. Griz, you should be ashamed that you only beat us by two points!" or something like "hey Mr. Griz, you guys should be ashamed because when we played you we averaged almost 1 yd. per carry!" Work on it, I'm sure you'll come up with something. Just food for thought though, I met an App fan in Red's Bar last summer and bought him beers for about an hour talking football and having a good time for about an hour until he had to take off. Not being a douche worked out pretty well because he was a hell of a nice guy.

DuckDuckGriz
June 5th, 2008, 11:56 PM
Saw a Northern Arizona Alumni license frame on a VERY NICE BMW today......

andy7171
June 9th, 2008, 09:34 AM
I drove up to Bridgeport, Conn and back to Baltimore this weekend, tons of FCS sightings on the road...

CCSU, Harvard, Yale, Penn, Monmouth, Delaware, Maine, URI, Cornell, Colgate, and a few more I can't recall right now.

BTW, isn't 100^ in June a bit much for Connecticut?

lizrdgizrd
June 9th, 2008, 10:39 AM
Found out that of the ~4 HS seniors in my church, one is going to App xhurrayx and one to Furman xmadx.

slycat
June 11th, 2008, 08:24 PM
saw a grambling license plate holder the other day.

wapiti
June 18th, 2008, 09:56 AM
I saw a guy in A&W last Sunday wearing a NDSU shirt in Bozeman, MT.

SunCoastBlueHen
June 18th, 2008, 10:07 AM
In the elevator this morning there was a guy who had his security badge hanging from a South Dakota State thingy around his neck. I said, "Hey! The Jackrabbits!" He turned to me and said with no expression and in a monotone voice, "yes, my daughter goes to school there". He then turned back and stared at the elevator door without another word.

I work for a financial services company and we sure have a lot of stiffs walking around.

89Hen
June 18th, 2008, 10:08 AM
In the elevator this morning there was a guy who had his security badge hanging from a South Dakota State thingy around his neck. I said, "Hey! The Jackrabbits!" He turned to me and said with no expression and in a monotone voice, "yes, my daughter goes to school there". He then turned back and stared at the elevator door without another word.
That blows. xnonono2x Maybe his daughter just came home pregnant. xeyebrowx

But to stay on topic, saw a nice Hofstra window sticker today with the double lion logo.

OL FU
June 18th, 2008, 10:10 AM
Drinking with citdog tonight so I will probably see a The Citadel hatxeyebrowx

andy7171
June 18th, 2008, 10:12 AM
I saw a Villanova V on a BMW rear window yesterday.

UNH_Alum_In_CT
June 18th, 2008, 10:33 AM
Over the past couple of summers, I've had a few FCS sightings in the park.

Saw a guy with a Delaware cap on -- his daughter went there.

Saw a guy with a Stony Brook tee shirt on -- his daughter went there.

Saw a girl with a "Got Griz" tee shirt on -- her cousin went there, but she was truly stunned that I knew it was Montana.

Saw a guy with a Wildcats Lacrosse shirt on -- actually went to UNH and played LAX before they dropped the program.

Apps03
June 18th, 2008, 12:00 PM
While picking up my car from the dealership this week, the car next to mine in the parking lot had a Northern Colorado license plate holder. Keep in mind this is just north of Charlotte, NC. I immediately thought of our resident UNC poster.

813Jag
June 18th, 2008, 12:09 PM
I saw a car with a Wofford sticker in the window.

OLDMAIN80
June 18th, 2008, 01:53 PM
I saw a car with a Wofford sticker in the window.

Hey Jag, could have been my frat brotherxcoolx , he is an orthopedic surgeon in Tampa. Big Bucs fan, think his practice has a skybox there.

813Jag
June 18th, 2008, 02:21 PM
Hey Jag, could have been my frat brotherxcoolx , he is an orthopedic surgeon in Tampa. Big Bucs fan, think his practice has a skybox there.
I can't remember what kind of car it was on. Could be possible, it's the first one I've seen here.

DuckDuckGriz
June 18th, 2008, 03:40 PM
Was at Costco here in Eugene the other day perusing a sample of potato salad wearing a maroon MONTANA GRIZZLIES shirt when some guy comes up behind me and says "Ya know I could use that shirt as a car rag."

I turn around and he has this old lame looking Montana State hat on. "No thanks" was my instant brilliant comeback although I thought of a ton in the next ten minutes but couldn't find the guy.

ursus arctos horribilis
June 18th, 2008, 03:46 PM
Was at Costco here in Eugene the other day perusing a sample of potato salad wearing a maroon MONTANA GRIZZLIES shirt when some guy comes up behind me and says "Ya know I could use that shirt as a car rag."

I turn around and he has this old lame looking Montana State hat on. "No thanks" was my instant brilliant comeback although I thought of a ton in the next ten minutes but couldn't find the guy.

You let a car detailer get the better of you? Why not just say that with the Griz using the Bobcats as a doormat for the last 20 years it would only be fair, or something to that effect? Oh DDG, I can't believe you let him walk away feeling good about himself.

Appaholic
June 18th, 2008, 04:47 PM
You let a car detailer get the better of you? Why not just say that with the Griz using the Bobcats as a doormat for the last 20 years it would only be fair, or something to that effect? Oh DDG, I can't believe you let him walk away feeling good about himself.

Perhaps a witty response along the lines of:

"Ya know I could use that shirt as a car rag."

"Yeah? What a coincidence....I could use your hat for toilet paper....."xwhistlex

OL FU
June 19th, 2008, 02:05 PM
Drinking with citdog tonight so I will probably see a The Citadel hatxeyebrowx

Yep, I saw itxrolleyesx ;)

BisonAccountant44
June 22nd, 2008, 04:11 PM
Ran into a couple Delta Devils working the door at a bar in Lincoln Park the other night, and also saw a few UNI shirts today when I was out along the lake...still haven't run into anyone else in NDSU garb since I moved to Chitown though.

brad_gsu2011
June 22nd, 2008, 05:01 PM
Was in Helen, Ga a few weekends back.
Saw a Suburban with a GSU sticker on
the front windshield.

Grizalltheway
June 22nd, 2008, 06:37 PM

Perhaps a witty response along the lines of:

"Ya know I could use that shirt as a car rag."

"Yeah? What a coincidence....I could use your hat for toilet paper....."xwhistlex

I prefer ursus', but yours isn't half bad, either. :)

Zoo
June 22nd, 2008, 08:26 PM
I was at my mall today, and I was wearing my Badger shirt, and I saw a man with his son, both wearing an Appalachian State shirt. I shouted "34-32" and he started laughing. Then he shouted "Go Bucky"!. xlolx

Turns out he graduated from ASU in 2002, nice fellow I might add. :D

Thundar
June 22nd, 2008, 09:30 PM
Whole Family with Griz shirts on throwing down Wings at Hooters in Fargo a few weeks back!!

D1B
June 22nd, 2008, 10:06 PM
Saw a kid (20 Yr.) wearing a Montana State shirt at the hardware store. I walked up to him and said Montana State sucks, then knuckle-punched him square in the nostrills.

xpeacex

Grizzaholic
June 22nd, 2008, 10:24 PM
Saw a kid (20 Yr.) wearing a Montana State shirt at the hardware store. I walked up to him and said Montana State sucks, then knuckle-punched him square in the nostrills.

xpeacex

Come on now. Pick on someone your own size.

ursus arctos horribilis
June 22nd, 2008, 10:26 PM

xpeacex

I will rep you on my next go round, Although I'm sure the feeling of thwarting evil was reward enough.

Eaglesrus
June 23rd, 2008, 09:22 AM
Thursday before last the guy in the booth next to ours at the Outback Steakhouse in the Cinncinnati airport was wearing a University of Delaware tee shirt.

SideLine Shooter
June 23rd, 2008, 09:27 AM
One of my twin sons was wearing a Northern Arizona Football shirt around Boone the other day. Good looking shirt I'll have to say. Still don't know why he was wearing it in Boone.

This week he will be wearing his App St. gear around Michigan and Ohio. That should prove interesting. xnodx

McNeese75
June 23rd, 2008, 11:28 AM
Flying to Denver on Saturday there was a GSU Eagle fan on the flight wearing the shirt. Portland State fan walked by at the gate and later when we were on a shuttle a young man was wearing a SDSU Jack's shirt. I asked him if he was going to school there and he said he was still in HS but was thinking about playing football for the Jacks. I told him to come to the game with the Cowboys in October and he might want to reconsider and come south :D

Eaglesrus
June 23rd, 2008, 12:00 PM
The young man who led our jeep - canoe trip in Ketchikan, Alaska, last Wednesday mentioned that he is a student at Cal Poly. Really seemed to be a good kid, but he didn't know anything about Cal Poly athletics or Georgia Southern.

ysubigred
June 23rd, 2008, 12:44 PM
I'm going to Destin FL and VA Beach within the next month or so be on the look out for some YSU stuff xthumbsupx

Eaglesrus
June 23rd, 2008, 04:20 PM
I was wearing my GSU tailgating shirt, navy blue with a big GSU on the front, on the ship the other day. An older couple (and yes, when I say older that means they must be REAL old) came up, said that they were from Pennsylvania and when they first saw me they agreed that they needed to come up and speak to a fellow Penn State fan. At leasy my glasses are better than theirs.

SideLine Shooter
June 26th, 2008, 06:43 PM
Saw a H.S. kid in Christiansburg, Va. yesterday wearing an App. State Championship t-shirt and he said he wanted to play football there. A BIG KID. Told him I hoped to see him there in a couple of years.

CharlestonAppFan
June 26th, 2008, 09:13 PM
Does this count? xwhistlex

http://www.girliegalleries.com//Danni-Chase/content/6/02.jpg

UMass922
June 26th, 2008, 09:43 PM
I'm in the Cape Ann area of Massuchusetts, and saw a car today with a couple App stickers on the back window.

Peems
July 8th, 2008, 03:03 AM
In Helena, MT today sporting my Griz gear and I head into the local Radio Shack and there's a guy wearing an Appalachian Baseball shirt. I figures that counts, we both kinda looked at each other and then just went on our business.

I heard him speak and he had a southern accent and was asking directions to places around town. My best guess is that he is on the local farm team for the Brewers.

Mountaineer
July 8th, 2008, 03:47 AM
In Helena, MT today sporting my Griz gear and I head into the local Radio Shack and there's a guy wearing an Appalachian Baseball shirt. I figures that counts, we both kinda looked at each other and then just went on our business.

I heard him speak and he had a southern accent and was asking directions to places around town. My best guess is that he is on the local farm team for the Brewers.

Yup, that should be Garrett Sherill. xthumbsupx

http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/9339/th300pb4gsboxg7.jpg

93henfan
July 8th, 2008, 07:46 AM
I saw a guy in an App St t-shirt at the Daytona 500 (backstretch) in February. Had I been in the aisle seat I would have tripped him.

andy7171
July 8th, 2008, 07:47 AM
Driving home through Harford County last Sunday, I followed a big Suburban with Bucknell and Northeastern stickers. I spit out the window in disgust as I past them.

OLDMAIN80
July 8th, 2008, 08:27 AM
Aaron Tippon concert at my golf club for the Fourth, one of the roadies had on a Furman t-shirt.

SunCoastBlueHen
July 8th, 2008, 08:29 AM
I actually saw a kid with a University of Delaware t-shirt on at Sea World last week. xthumbsupx

CharlestonAppFan
July 8th, 2008, 09:18 AM
Was checking my mail at my complex and passed a guy wearing a UD Hens Football shirt....I was wearing my App State trucker hat. He looked at my hat and then his shirt.....xnonono2x was all he did. One of those moments I'm glad I represent the winning side of things :D

89Hen
July 8th, 2008, 09:27 AM
Saw lots of I-AA caps and T's at the golf tourney over the weekend that are really common around here (Ivy's, PL's, HBCU's, etc...), but saw a "CCU Chants" T-shirt. That was a rare sighting for me. xthumbsupx

aust42
July 8th, 2008, 09:27 AM
I saw a fellow Bluehen season ticket holder wearing a UD hat at the Las Vegas airport two weeks ago. Saw four dudes wearing UD hats at the AT&T National PGA tourney this week at Congressional. Bluehens are everywhere!

aust42
July 8th, 2008, 09:28 AM

God she's hot

Appaholic
July 8th, 2008, 09:34 AM
Aaron Tippon concert at my golf club for the Fourth, one of the roadies had on a Furman t-shirt.

I didn't know Aaron Tippin hired flaming dentists as roadies? xeyebrowx

Appaholic
July 8th, 2008, 09:35 AM

ummmmm...........who........is.......that?.......a nd don't tell me she lives in Huntersville......xsmhx

Pards Rule
July 8th, 2008, 11:12 AM
Saw my first Elon sticker EVER on Long Beach Island, NJ this past weekend!

Pards Rule
July 8th, 2008, 11:13 AM
Saw my first Elon sticker EVER on Long Beach Island, NJ this past weekend!

Pards Rule
July 8th, 2008, 11:14 AM
God she's hot

She would look WAY better in a Lafayette #5 jersey xsmiley_wix

CharlestonAppFan
July 8th, 2008, 12:12 PM
ummmmm...........who........is.......that?.......a nd don't tell me she lives in Huntersville......xsmhx

xnodx That was the girl I knew from App that was down here this weekend that lives in Huntersville now.....I'm assuming this wasn't the girl you "toyed" around with this weekend? xeyebrowx

j/k :o ......I wish I knew her xbowx She was on one of those websites that Cap'n happen to mention one day ;)

Appaholic
July 8th, 2008, 12:22 PM
xnodx That was the girl I knew from App that was down here this weekend that lives in Huntersville now.....I'm assuming this wasn't the girl you "toyed" around with this weekend? xeyebrowx

j/k :o ......I wish I knew her xbowx She was on one of those websites that Cap'n happen to mention one day ;)

That would be a safe assumption....had it been, I probably would have ended my life shortly after......seriously, it's going to pretty much be downhill from that point on......xcoffeex

Peems
July 8th, 2008, 06:50 PM
Yup, that should be Garrett Sherill. xthumbsupx

http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/9339/th300pb4gsboxg7.jpg

That's the guy. Small world

Col Hogan
July 12th, 2008, 09:47 PM
Saw a guy at the Old Town Alexandria Farmers Market this morning with a UNH hat on...I had my UMass hat on...

JoltinJoe
July 12th, 2008, 10:07 PM

It's Go....Gate.:D

JoltinJoe
July 12th, 2008, 10:08 PM
Saw a guy at the Old Town Alexandria Farmers Market this morning with a UNH hat on...I had my UMass hat on...

Not your Fordham hat???

mebisonII
July 15th, 2008, 08:37 AM
I saw a guy wearing a WIU shirt bike past me a couple days ago, and today I walked past a woman wearing a McNeese shirt. Both were in Iowa City, so WIU wasn't too surprising, but McNeese was.

Great thing about coming to AGS...if I didn't waste so much time on here, that McNeese shirt wouldn't have meant anything to me! xthumbsupx

AshevilleApp2
July 15th, 2008, 08:47 AM
Saw a couple of Georgia Southern shirt wearing people in Charlotte last weekend.

Appaholic
July 15th, 2008, 09:11 AM
Saw a chick driving down 25south in Fletcher with University of Montana sticker......she looked lost.........and like she would suck a golf ball through a garden hose....xwhistlex

HiHiYikas
July 15th, 2008, 09:30 AM
Add Jacksonville State to the list of colleges my pastor friends attended. Worked with a JSU grad back in 2000 (now a minister in Georgia), and roomed with another (a minister in the Shennandoah Valley) at a conference back in March.

Met a Furman grad who works at First Baptist Asheville, under a pastor who went to Georgia Southern. Sounds like a fun mix to me.

Wore my Appalachian Alumni polo shirt at a church conference a few weeks ago, met a fellow App grad who pastors a congregation near Charlottesville. We might get together for tailgating at the JMU game and lay to rest a few "Baptist Preacher" stereotypes.

UNH_Alum_In_CT
July 15th, 2008, 09:42 AM
Saw a woman jogging with a "Got Griz" tee shirt on so I said "Go Montana". She was oblivious so I said it again. When she finally put everything together and realized her tee shirt was from the University of Montana. I don't think she was an alum.

Saturday night I'm at an outdoor concert and I see a car with FAMU as part of the license plate. So I go over to the people and ask who was the Rattler? The young man said it was his father and asked if I was from Florida. When I said no, he was quite surprised I knew about Florida A&M. He introduced me to his Dad and I explained my alma mater was UNH and they we played the same level of football. And that UNH played at Hampton from A&M's league in the playoffs a couple of years ago. We all ended up having a fun discussion!

Not your typical FCS sightings in CT!!

lizrdgizrd
July 21st, 2008, 01:35 PM
I saw a young lady at church yesterday wearing a Presbyterian t-shirt. :)

citdog
July 21st, 2008, 01:37 PM
I JUST SAW GIZRD POSTING ON ags,,,,,BEEN A WHILE

90BISON
July 21st, 2008, 01:44 PM
Saw a chick driving down 25south in Fletcher with University of Montana sticker......she looked lost.........and like she would suck a golf ball through a garden hose....xwhistlex

Like she would, or like she could..........xwhistlex

SideLine Shooter
July 21st, 2008, 01:45 PM
Last Friday in Southport, N.C. saw a man wearing a Montana Grizzlies shirt.

89Hen
July 21st, 2008, 02:17 PM
Saw a Wofford sticker on an SUV with Maryland tags this weekend. That's maybe only the second one I've seen. xthumbsupx

Seven Would Be Nice
July 21st, 2008, 02:32 PM
http://chathameagleclub.org/images/Flag%20Flying.JPG

http://chathameagleclub.org/images/Me%20and%20Flag.JPG

Seen these passed around on the GSU site a few times. A GSU alum that is serving in Iraq ran our flag up the flag pole once occupying an enemy building.

mebisonII
July 21st, 2008, 02:59 PM
Just the other day I realized that one of the coffee mugs in our lab's coffee/mail room (in Iowa City) is black and gold with a sliver/grey A on it. Pretty sure its App State. It must be a leftover from a former staff, as I think I'd know if anyone had gone to App State.

Eaglesrus
July 21st, 2008, 03:13 PM
http://chathameagleclub.org/images/Flag%20Flying.JPG

http://chathameagleclub.org/images/Me%20and%20Flag.JPG

Seen these passed around on the GSU site a few times. A GSU alum that is serving in Iraq ran our flag up the flag pole once occupying an enemy building.

Actually, that's not a GSU alum, per se, but when he was at Armstrong Atlantic State University his ROTC company was a detachment of the Eagle battalion. He is, however, the son of two GSU grads, me very proudly being one of them. That flag now flies at our tailgate. That was during his first deployment and, as I have noted elsewhere, he will return from his second this Thursday.

Grizzaholic
July 21st, 2008, 03:55 PM
I was leaving The Depot, a local restaurant/bar in Missoua, last night and a guy with a Cal Poly hat was sitting in the Bar. I asked him what he was up to in Missoula and he was up for a wedding, was flying out Monday. It was the first time he was here and spent almost an hour at the Stadium. We, me and the missus, ended up having a drink with him. Really nice guy. But for the life of me, I am unable to remember his name.

And yes we did pick up his tab at the bar.

lizrdgizrd
July 21st, 2008, 04:06 PM
I JUST SAW GIZRD POSTING ON ags,,,,,BEEN A WHILE
Stupid work making me work! xmadx :D

Henwatcher
July 21st, 2008, 07:13 PM
My wife and I were in Kissimmee, FL recently and we saw a guy wearing a tee shirt that said "UD Football". I walked over to him and said "hello". He looked at us and said "Brawwwwwwwwk, brawwwwwwwwwwk." I wasn't sure if he was talking to me or my wife.

Col Hogan
July 21st, 2008, 07:23 PM
Went to Red Lobster tonight...as we walked in, a man and his significant other were walking out in Griz gear...