PDA

View Full Version : FCS Sightings...

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7

Grizalltheway
July 21st, 2008, 07:42 PM
Saw a chick driving down 25south in Fletcher with University of Montana sticker......she looked lost.........and like she would suck a golf ball through a garden hose....xwhistlex

Saw a woman jogging with a "Got Griz" tee shirt on so I said "Go Montana". She was oblivious so I said it again. When she finally put everything together and realized her tee shirt was from the University of Montana. I don't think she was an alum.

Saturday night I'm at an outdoor concert and I see a car with FAMU as part of the license plate. So I go over to the people and ask who was the Rattler? The young man said it was his father and asked if I was from Florida. When I said no, he was quite surprised I knew about Florida A&M. He introduced me to his Dad and I explained my alma mater was UNH and they we played the same level of football. And that UNH played at Hampton from A&M's league in the playoffs a couple of years ago. We all ended up having a fun discussion!

Not your typical FCS sightings in CT!!

Last Friday in Southport, N.C. saw a man wearing a Montana Grizzlies shirt.

Went to Red Lobster tonight...as we walked in, a man and his significant other were walking out in Griz gear...

GrizNation is stronger than ever. xnodx xrotatehx

UDBlueLotFan
July 21st, 2008, 08:24 PM
I was in Denver last month and while getting off hotel elevator, a couple was getting on and stated Blue Hens...it caught me unexpected, but then he pointed to my UD football hat. He had played at Wofford.

Appaholic
July 21st, 2008, 09:06 PM
GrizNation is stronger than ever. xnodx xrotatehx

Yep....unlike their football team, Griz fans don't object to leaving the friendly confines of Missoula.........btw, anybody got any fotos of Wa-Griz?

Seven Would Be Nice
July 21st, 2008, 09:15 PM
Actually, that's not a GSU alum, per se, but when he was at Armstrong Atlantic State University his ROTC company was a detachment of the Eagle battalion. He is, however, the son of two GSU grads, me very proudly being one of them. That flag now flies at our tailgate. That was during his first deployment and, as I have noted elsewhere, he will return from his second this Thursday.

Congrats on him returning, tell him we said thank you for his service. I have seen those pictures floating around here and the GSU boards and saved them on my computer. Pretty cool stuff. xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

ursus arctos horribilis
July 21st, 2008, 09:23 PM
Yep....unlike their football team, Griz fans don't object to leaving the friendly confines of Missoula.........btw, anybody got any fotos of Wa-Griz?

Appaholic, you know I'm a fan of yours, but we're gonna have to set up an intervention for you sooner or later. This stuff is just consuming you man. Will you take this gift I'm offering you?

Appaholic
July 21st, 2008, 09:34 PM
Appaholic, you know I'm a fan of yours, but we're gonna have to set up an intervention for you sooner or later. This stuff is just consuming you man. Will you take this gift I'm offering you?

OK.....xrolleyesx ....I concede.....how about an intervention in Missoula this fall? xsmiley_wix You provide the ticket and the beer.......oh, and the airfare.....xthumbsupx

ursus arctos horribilis
July 21st, 2008, 09:40 PM
OK.....xrolleyesx ....I concede.....how about an intervention in Missoula this fall? xsmiley_wix You provide the ticket and the beer.......oh, and the airfare.....xthumbsupx

Ticket and beer no problem. I'll start working on the airfare. I completely forgot that people that can't handle their vices always seem to get a free flight of the deal. Of course I have all of the integrity of a pair of Graham Cracker shoes on a fat guy so you may want to wait before breaking the news to the wife.

Appaholic
July 21st, 2008, 09:45 PM
Ticket and beer no problem. I'll start working on the airfare. I completely forgot that people that can't handle their vices always seem to get a free flight of the deal. Of course I have all of the integrity of a pair of Graham Cracker shoes on a fat guy so you may want to wait before breaking the news to the wife.

It doesn't have to be chartered.......first class would be nice......coach, you gotta be kidding me, but it doesn't have to be chartered......and I'll see if I can swipe some liquor bottles (airplane bottles-any requests?) from the stewardess...........you know, just because I'm a heluva guy....:D

ursus arctos horribilis
July 21st, 2008, 10:03 PM
It doesn't have to be chartered.......first class would be nice......coach, you gotta be kidding me, but it doesn't have to be chartered......and I'll see if I can swipe some liquor bottles (airplane bottles-any requests?) from the stewardess...........you know, just because I'm a heluva guy....:D

I'm partial to a Cowboy Corksucker. Not the beverage...The stewardess. I appreciate you foregoing the charter. That'll help offset some carbon and allow me to put the money into hookers. Thank you for your fiscal responsibility.

Appaholic
July 21st, 2008, 10:38 PM
I'm partial to a Cowboy Corksucker. Not the beverage...The stewardess. I appreciate you foregoing the charter. That'll help offset some carbon and allow me to put the money into hookers. Thank you for your fiscal responsibility.

Anything to help my FCS brethren.....BTW, good call on the hookers....I mean you picking them out.....I'm not real picky, you wouldn't be impressed....I'm willing to sacrifice looks for, a certain, accomodating manner if you will

Seriously, think you can make it east for an App game this year? I'll pick up the ticket, we'll make Citdog drive, pick up AshevilleApp and meet ASUMountaineer, ASU88 and AppWookie for some tailgate action.....

ursus arctos horribilis
July 21st, 2008, 11:02 PM
Anything to help my FCS brethren.....BTW, good call on the hookers....I mean you picking them out.....I'm not real picky, you wouldn't be impressed....I'm willing to sacrifice looks for, a certain, accomodating manner if you will

Seriously, think you can make it east for an App game this year? I'll pick up the ticket, we'll make Citdog drive, pick up AshevilleApp and meet ASUMountaineer, ASU88 and AppWookie for some tailgate action.....

Oh that would be epic. We'll look real uptown too with citdog driving. He has a snappy uniform. I would love to be able to make it down there but the Griz have 15 home games this year so I am thinking it may be tough get away from WaGriz. I've got a feeling that if the Griz make the playoffs this year we may end up in Boone soon enough. We will tailgate, oh yes we will tailgate.

Appaholic
July 21st, 2008, 11:06 PM
Oh that would be epic. We'll look real uptown too with citdog driving. He has a snappy uniform. I would love to be able to make it down there but the Griz have 15 home games this year so I am thinking it may be tough get away from WaGriz. I've got a feeling that if the Griz make the playoffs this year we may end up in Boone soon enough. We will tailgate, oh yes we will tailgate.

A date for the playoffs it is.....and I'm sure Citdog will be available to chauffer.....I mean where else would he be, a football game?..xlolx ..during the playoffs? xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

Dude....we will tailgate....it must happen...

ursus arctos horribilis
July 21st, 2008, 11:09 PM
A date for the playoffs it is.....and I'm sure Citadog will be available to chauffer.....I mean where else would he be, a football game?..xlolx ..during the playoffs? xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

Dude....we will tailgate....it must happen...

I do believe that in very short order we may see the word "poltroon" in very large letters.

Appaholic
July 21st, 2008, 11:16 PM
I do believe that in very short order we may see the word "poltroon" in very large letters.

Have to wait until tomorrow I believe.....he's already been walked and crated for the evening by now.....

Hoseinexile07
July 22nd, 2008, 01:34 PM
Solid I-AA football presence among the history grad students at Florida State:

1. Saw a U Richmond jersey on one of the grad students
2. Two friends of mine in the dept. are from Georgia Southern
3. New grad student here played football at VMI
4. And then there's me, a PC alum. I have this season's football schedule and pictures on my wall, so I get a lot of funny looks from my undergrads. I'm also wearing a PC visor right now, so I guess I'm my own I-AA sighting.

Grizo406
July 22nd, 2008, 02:20 PM
I saw a guy wearing a Griz t-shirt in Gold's Gym this morning. On my way home, I saw a bunch of vehicles with various Griz stickers, and when I stopped to get gas, the woman at the next pump over was wearing a Griz cap!

crunifan
July 22nd, 2008, 06:54 PM
I met someone here in Cedar Rapids that was an alum of Cal-Poly.

UDBlueLotFan
July 22nd, 2008, 09:17 PM
I saw a guy wearing a Griz t-shirt in Gold's Gym this morning. On my way home, I saw a bunch of vehicles with various Griz stickers, and when I stopped to get gas, the woman at the next pump over was wearing a Griz cap!

Must be from that growing gay-cult I've heard recently on my news channel? xeyebrowx xsmiley_wix xlolx

AppGirl
July 22nd, 2008, 10:05 PM
Not a sighting, but a getting noticed. We were in Ireland last week and a fellow asked my hubby if he was from North Carolina. He said yes, and looked at the guy like he was psychic or something. Our 14 year old said, "It's the hat, Dad." James had on his ASU hat.

Grizzaholic
July 23rd, 2008, 01:30 AM
Met a guy that was from Maine and played on the Football team 3 years ago. Was out here, Missoula/Kalispell MT, for a consulting job. Met him at Bayern Brewing this afternoon/evening before we, me and the missus went to the Depot for dinner.

He paid for his own beer, was kind of a dick.

SideLine Shooter
July 23rd, 2008, 07:51 AM
Bass Pro Shop in Concord yesterday I saw a young lady wearing one of those Purple Paladin t-shirts. Must have found it at the Goodwill Store.

89Hen
July 29th, 2008, 09:02 AM
A big Illinois State window sticker on a CRV today on the way to work. Virginia tags, so they are probably local. That was the first time for that one for me. xthumbsupx

lizrdgizrd
July 29th, 2008, 09:07 AM
Saw a lovely young woman in a JMU hat at the Durham Bulls game Saturday night. I told her "Go Dukes!" She just smiled. I think she thought I was hitting on her. xeyebrowx

andy7171
July 29th, 2008, 09:30 AM
Saw a lovely young woman in a JMU hat at the Durham Bulls game Saturday night. I told her "Go Dukes!" She just smiled. I think she thought I was hitting on her. xeyebrowx

Must not have been a Duke, those JMU girls usually respond with a long string of expletives and smell like cheap whiskey.

Appaholic
July 29th, 2008, 10:41 AM
Bass Pro Shop in Concord yesterday I saw a young lady wearing one of those Purple Paladin t-shirts. Must have found it at the Goodwill Store.

You sure it was a lady? xeyebrowx

89Hen
July 29th, 2008, 11:42 AM
those JMU girls usually respond with a long string of expletives and smell like cheap whiskey.
JMU=Towson, cheap whiskey = Natty Bo... still an accurate statement from my experience sitting in the student section at Unitas. xoopsx

andy7171
July 29th, 2008, 12:06 PM
JMU=Towson, cheap whiskey = Natty Bo... still an accurate statement from my experience sitting in the student section at Unitas. xoopsx

Yeah, except everyone knows it's all Delaware fans at Johnny U, them's were Hens fans!

OLDMAIN80
July 29th, 2008, 01:34 PM
Saw a bunch of ASU shirts at Surfside Beach (SC) this past week.

Grizaholic17
July 29th, 2008, 01:36 PM
One of my friends in Vegas said he saw a car with griz framed plates. Which isn't surprising there. And as I mentioned on another board, I spoke with a griz fan in North Carolina last week. He said he went to all of App's games last year. Wants the Griz to make a trip. So do I! xnodx xnodx

DuckDuckGriz
July 31st, 2008, 07:15 AM
This has to be right up there with one of the best.

In Accra, Ghana at a world cup (?) qualifying soccer match between Ghana and Gabon - and I see a Ghanaian wearing a UNI Panthers jersey xthumbsupx

Purple For Life
July 31st, 2008, 07:49 AM

In Accra, Ghana at a world cup (?) qualifying soccer match between Ghana and Gabon - and I see a Ghanaian wearing a UNI Panthers jersey xthumbsupx

HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

SideLine Shooter
July 31st, 2008, 08:24 AM
You sure it was a lady? xeyebrowx

You are probably right. My mistake.xnodx xnodx

UDBlueLotFan
July 31st, 2008, 09:56 PM

Were they a slave? xsmiley_wix ...DOH,xoopsx don't take my humor seriouslyxnonox xlolx

SideLine Shooter
August 2nd, 2008, 04:36 PM
I was in Hardee's in China Grove this afternoon and saw a Mexican wearing a faded Purple Paladin shirt. xnodx xnodx xnodx

crunifan
August 2nd, 2008, 04:43 PM
Saw a Maine sweatshirt here in Cedar Falls

Hansel
August 2nd, 2008, 05:12 PM
Saw a Georgia Southern Tee at a gym in Bozeman

89Hen
August 4th, 2008, 09:09 AM
YSU t-shirt on the beach in Bethany, DE yesterday.

lizrdgizrd
August 5th, 2008, 01:05 PM
Saw a W&M sticker on a Jeep yesterday.

OL FU
August 5th, 2008, 03:46 PM
I was in Hardee's in China Grove this afternoon and saw a Mexican wearing a faded Purple Paladin shirt. xnodx xnodx xnodx

China Grove, haven't heard that in a while. My Grandmother was the honorary mayor of Five Points (which is nothing more than a country crossroads just outside of China Grove) xthumbsupx

OL FU
August 5th, 2008, 03:48 PM
Saw a The Citadel hat and a Western Carolina hat in a bar last saturday night. Of course the Furman fan was the only one with enough social etiquette not to wear his hat indoors:p xlolx

Peems
August 5th, 2008, 05:01 PM
Saw a The Citadel hat and a Western Carolina hat in a bar last saturday night. Of course the Furman fan was the only one with enough social etiquette not to wear his hat indoors:p xlolx

Or the only one embarrassed enough:p :)

OL FU
August 6th, 2008, 06:47 AM
Or the only one embarrassed enough:p :)

Or the only one that doesn't own a hatxlolx

Appstate29
August 9th, 2008, 11:26 AM
in London yesterday, was amazed to see a Montana sweatshirt outside of Tate Modern, yelled GO GRIZ! They were flabbergasted i knew of UM. I was wearing an ASU shirt so some ribbing followed :) also today in Paris at Notre Dame, saw a guy decked out in LSU gear, talked football with him for 5 mins. Amazing the people you see.

Skjellyfetti
August 9th, 2008, 06:03 PM
Georgia Southern girl on Wheel of Fortune.

spelunker64
August 10th, 2008, 01:35 PM
I was in Normal, IL earlier this week, got to see some of ISU

UDBlueLotFan
August 10th, 2008, 07:08 PM
in London yesterday, was amazed to see a Montana sweatshirt outside of Tate Modern, yelled GO GRIZ! They were flabbergasted i knew of UM. I was wearing an ASU shirt so some ribbing followed :) also today in Paris at Notre Dame, saw a guy decked out in LSU gear, talked football with him for 5 mins. Amazing the people you see.

Maybe I'll run into during your travels? I was supporting my UD football hat in Frankfurt, Germany Thurs and Adana, Turkey Friday. The only one supporting any gear was a guy Fri.morning at the Adana-Hilton with a Turkish Soccer jersey on xnonox xoopsx Soccer, urgghh. I won't con't as I know there's alot of soccer fans here and don't won't to offend anyone...

Grizalltheway
August 10th, 2008, 07:13 PM

I was walking down the street in Vienna after class one day, wearing my Griz sweatshirt, and two people from Billings came up and commented on it. We're all over the frickin' place. :D

Grizalltheway
August 10th, 2008, 07:14 PM
Georgia Southern girl on Wheel of Fortune.

She sure as hell wasn't on Jeopardy. xlolx

GreatAppSt
August 13th, 2008, 06:05 PM
Met a tall tree named Mike at Lulus baby shower today. He played Baskyball at Old Dominion.

downbythebeach
August 13th, 2008, 07:30 PM
I saw a homeless lady in front of McDonalds in N.W. D.C. wearing a U Delaware shirt......I expect she an alumni :)

93henfan
August 14th, 2008, 08:22 AM
I drove down to Oak Island, NC via relatives house in Raleigh for a wedding this past weekend. I saw four cars with App State paraphernalia between Raleigh and Wilmington on I-40. One black and white oval with ASU, one black and yellow oval with ASU, one small 'A' sticker, and one giant 'A' magnet on an SUV. If you saw a grey VW passat wagon with UD Delaware plate, that was me.

Nice roads in NC. Easy driving. Gotta give props. I was mostly on I-85 and I-40 on the way down and US-64 and I-95 on the way back.

bodoyle
August 14th, 2008, 08:23 AM
Saw an SUV downtown with appy state stickers on the back

Also saw a gsu sticker on the back of an SUV when I was watching Chicago Bears training camp last weekend.

Rob Iola
August 14th, 2008, 08:13 PM
I saw a homeless lady in front of McDonalds in N.W. D.C. wearing a U Delaware shirt......I expect she an alumni :)
Your mom went to UD?

OL FU
August 22nd, 2008, 10:17 AM
In Greenville, Yale window sticker on a large SUVxnodx

appfan2008
August 22nd, 2008, 10:25 AM
I drove down to Oak Island, NC via relatives house in Raleigh for a wedding this past weekend. I saw four cars with App State paraphernalia between Raleigh and Wilmington on I-40. One black and white oval with ASU, one black and yellow oval with ASU, one small 'A' sticker, and one giant 'A' magnet on an SUV. If you saw a grey VW passat wagon with UD Delaware plate, that was me.

Nice roads in NC. Easy driving. Gotta give props. I was mostly on I-85 and I-40 on the way down and US-64 and I-95 on the way back.

I love Oak Island, beautiful and peaceful... been going there all my life

DuckDuckGriz
August 22nd, 2008, 04:06 PM
Stephen F Austin sweatshirt at Schipol Airport in Amsterdam last week

dgreco
August 22nd, 2008, 06:10 PM
App St shirt in Providence, RI when I was home. Owner of a Pizza shop.

Also, so a girl in my Apartment complex with an App St. Softball shirt. Not sure if she played never talked to her.

Eaglegus2
August 22nd, 2008, 07:52 PM
I have seen a Fordham shirt here. My brother-n-lawxlolx xnodx

There is a lady who has a Grambling front tag on her SUV. Her husband is an alumni.

Seen plenty of FAMU caps shirts and car tags in south Georgia.

Of course, I wear a Montana Griz shirt often. My nephew is stationed there in the Air Force.xnodx xthumbsupx

ASU88
August 22nd, 2008, 08:13 PM
Anyone going to the Redskins Panthers preseason game in Charlotte tomorrow?

I'll be there in Skins jersey and App St hat.

wapiti
August 27th, 2008, 03:55 PM
I saw a red Oldsmobile yesterday driving North on 19th Ave in Bozeman with license plate that said "NDSU FAN"
and had a MSU sticker in the window. xthumbsupx

Eaglesrus
August 27th, 2008, 04:07 PM
I have seen a Fordham shirt here. My brother-n-lawxlolx xnodx

There is a lady who has a Grambling front tag on her SUV. Her husband is an alumni.

Seen plenty of FAMU caps shirts and car tags in south Georgia.

Of course, I wear a Montana Griz shirt often. My nephew is stationed there in the Air Force.xnodx xthumbsupx

I've seen a Montana Griz shirt here in southeast GA oftenxsmiley_wix

OL FU
August 29th, 2008, 06:05 AM
There is a guy in my office today with a Furman shirt onxeyebrowx

Oh wait that's mexsmiley_wix

lizrdgizrd
August 29th, 2008, 07:53 AM
Saw a WSSU license plate and holder today on the way in to work.

Also, there's a guy in my mirror wearing an App polo....

89Hen
August 29th, 2008, 12:07 PM
There is a guy in my office today with a Furman shirt onxeyebrowx

Oh wait that's mexsmiley_wix

Also, there's a guy in my mirror wearing an App polo....
In an incredible coincidence there's a guy in my office today in a Hen jersey... wait, that's me too. xthumbsupx

OL FU
August 29th, 2008, 02:38 PM
Not FCS, but wear your colors day forced a fellow employee to admit they went to Mars Hill. xthumbsupx

Seven Would Be Nice
August 29th, 2008, 02:52 PM
Saw a girl with a GEORGIA SOUTHERN shirt on at lunch when I went out for Mexican.

Grizalltheway
August 29th, 2008, 03:35 PM
Saw the NDSU volleyball team on campus today. Probably the shortest volleyball team I've ever seen. xconfusedx

ursus arctos horribilis
August 29th, 2008, 03:45 PM
Saw the NDSU volleyball team on campus today. Probably the shortest volleyball team I've ever seen. xconfusedx

How'd they look in their bikini's?

Grizalltheway
August 29th, 2008, 05:07 PM
How'd they look in their bikini's?

I wish. They had hoodies and shorts on. xrolleyesx

Grizzaholic
August 29th, 2008, 05:36 PM
Not FCS, but wear your colors day forced a fellow employee to admit they went to Mars Hill. xthumbsupx

Ok, if nobody else is going to ask the question I will.

What is Mars Hill's mascot?

BeauFoster
August 29th, 2008, 05:57 PM
Flipping through the TV today, I ran across a show on HGTV about decorating dorm rooms. The UNI panther was dancing around with some weirdo. I stopped watching after that and turned it.

Grizalltheway
August 29th, 2008, 05:57 PM
Ok, if nobody else is going to ask the question I will.

What is Mars Hill's mascot?

http://d94132.u23.simplenet.com/images/Mars/marvin_martian.gif

GSUhooligan
August 29th, 2008, 09:29 PM
Lions, I think

Eaglegus2
August 31st, 2008, 10:30 PM
Had lunch today at the Crab Shack on Tybee Island near Savannah, Georgia. Met a man from North Carolina with an App State shirt. He told me that he had just moved to Pembroke, Georgia.

His son is in the Army at Ft. Stewart. His son is in Iraq and assigned to the 3rd Infantry Division.xthumbsupx

My g-friend works at Ft. Stewart for the US Army.:D xbowx

Invited him to join us for tailgating at Paulson Stadium.xnodx xthumbsupx

813Jag
September 1st, 2008, 07:32 AM
Had lunch today at the Crab Shack on Tybee Island near Savannah, Georgia. Met a man from North Carolina with an App State shirt. He told me that he had just moved to Pembroke, Georgia.

His son is in the Army at Ft. Stewart. His son is in Iraq and assigned to the 3rd Infantry Division.xthumbsupx

My g-friend works at Ft. Stewart for the US Army.:D xbowx

Invited him to join us for tailgating at Paulson Stadium.xnodx xthumbsupx
My cousin is at Ft. Stewart. xthumbsupx I saw a kid with an Albany basketball shirt in Orlando this weekend.

Hansel
September 1st, 2008, 07:23 PM
Saw a Northern Colorado sweatshirt in Grand Teton NP over the weekend

APPALACHIANstate
September 1st, 2008, 07:25 PM
I was at Linville Caverns today and saw a woman wearing a Wofford Sweatshirt.

AndrewFU21
September 1st, 2008, 09:55 PM
The most obscure place I've seen FCS gear was in Warsaw, Poland. I was with a few other FU students on a study abroad trip and we came across some kids from Elon... small world.

RabidRabbit
September 2nd, 2008, 10:11 AM
Keep following black SUV with a MARIST Red Fox here in NE Atlanta GA area on way to work. Too many Ga Southern plates and posters to be worthy of mention.

lizrdgizrd
September 2nd, 2008, 10:44 AM
Saw a girl with a GEORGIA SOUTHERN shirt on at lunch when I went out for Mexican.

I'm surprised they'd let her wear that to work. :D

89Hen
September 11th, 2008, 10:57 AM
Well it would appear that I will be pulling my kids from their school this week. Leaving a teacher conference this morning I noticed a car in the teacher spots with a University of Montana window sticker. xoopsx xnonono2x :p

We did get a couple new young teachers this year... must be one of them.

Grizzaholic
September 11th, 2008, 11:06 AM
Well it would appear that I will be pulling my kids from their school this week. Leaving a teacher conference this morning I noticed a car in the teacher spots with a University of Montana window sticker. xoopsx xnonono2x :p

We did get a couple new young teachers this year... must be one of them.

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

Grizalltheway
September 23rd, 2008, 03:47 PM
There's a kid in my public speaking class from Boone. It was about 50 degrees today, and he was wearing a winter coat and hat. xeyebrowx

BisonBabe
September 23rd, 2008, 03:57 PM
FCS sighting in Dickinson ND when we were on our way to the game in Laramie. Lady walking into the gas station was wearing a UNI t-shirt.

slycat
September 23rd, 2008, 07:01 PM
While in Colorado I made several sightings.

On the Glacier Gorge trail in Rocky Mountain National Park I saw a girl wearing a UMass sweatshirt.

On a shuttle in the park a guy was wearing a UNI shirt and I talked about the 2005 playoffs with him.

In the Denver airport a guy was wearing a Cornell sweatshirt.

McNeese75
September 23rd, 2008, 10:30 PM
Sitting in a local Starbucks (we are talking Lake Charles, LA now) Sunday morning I look up and in walks a guy in a "Montana Grizzlies" sweatshirt with the sleeves cut out. LOL, looked like he just came came off the mountain for a pumpkin spice Latte. xlolx

lizrdgizrd
September 24th, 2008, 11:58 AM
I guess this is a reverse FCS sighting. I went to the UNC/VT game on Saturday while wearing an ASU shirt. Lots of folks gave me a "go Mountaineers!" One drunk VT guy kept asking when we were moving up and joining the ACC. :D

andy7171
September 24th, 2008, 12:12 PM
I had countless sightings on my trip to Nantcuket last weekend.

Bryant, CCSU, URI, Brown, Yale, UMass, Maine, Dartmouth, Hofstra, Albany, UNH, Sacred Heart, Colgate, Fordam, Delaware, Monmouth, Villanova...ect, ect, ect. And most of those window stickers came with matching highway exit signs!

OL FU
September 24th, 2008, 12:24 PM
Saw a UNH T-shirt last week

appfan2008
September 24th, 2008, 12:27 PM
saw a dude wearing a delaware shirt the other day here in durham

UDBlueLotFan
September 24th, 2008, 10:36 PM
Saw a fellow UD fan in Denver airport. She had a UD Softball warmup jacket on. She looked as if she was "sitting on the fence" to which "team" she was on; don't get me wrong, I'd still hit itxsmiley_wix xoopsx xlolx She walked past me on the plane and I just said, "Go Chickens." I got a chuckle out of her atleast...

UDBlueLotFan
September 27th, 2008, 09:29 AM
Fri.night in Camden, DE. App.St. guy, with BOONE/ASU shirt, comes up to the bar and ask bartender for a Miller Lite. I leaned over and told him, "sorry they're old sold out!" xnodx xlolx It kind of caught him off guard. Talked a bit about our tailgate times and about how laid back you ASU fans usely are because of some weed like sustance used for medicinal purposesxeyebrowx :p Overall, good guy; bought him a beerxthumbsupx

wapiti
October 21st, 2008, 10:09 AM
I saw a Ford F250 with a Cal Poly sticker in the back window heading South on 19th Avenue last week in Bozeman.

bobbythekidd
October 21st, 2008, 10:14 AM
Savannah is loaded with stuff from GSU, Furman, and El Cid. Every now and again I see Savannah State. I can't drive 10 miles with out seeing a socon school.

mcveyrl
October 21st, 2008, 10:18 AM
Was at a play (professional production) on Sunday afternoon and the guy behind me had an ASU t-shirt on. Leave it to an ASU fan to wear a t-shirt to a play... :p

89Hen
October 21st, 2008, 10:22 AM
I forget that some of you guys don't see too many foreign window stickers on a regular basis. I should count the number of I-AA school window stickers I see in a week. I'd have to believe it would be over 100. In my parking lot right now I'd bet there are JMU, W&M, Gtown, two or three Ivy, two or three Patriot, two or three HBCU's...

AZGrizFan
October 21st, 2008, 10:33 AM
Saw a Richmond Spiders license plate frame on a jeep in front of me on the highway this a.m....

andy7171
October 21st, 2008, 10:33 AM
Was at a play (professional production) on Sunday afternoon and the guy behind me had an ASU t-shirt on. Leave it to an ASU fan to wear a t-shirt to a play... :p

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx
xoutofrepx

I saw a UC Davis window sticker! But like 89 said, this area is inundated with FCS school stickers. I only post the rare ones.

lizrdgizrd
October 27th, 2008, 08:52 AM
Last week: saw a UNI license plate holder, JMU sweatshirt at the NC state fair, Princeton license plate, Norfolk St. lanyard on a guy at work (now I have someone to talk FCS with!).

Mountain Panther
October 27th, 2008, 09:51 PM
Met AZGrizfan while attending the ASU/Oregon game in Phoenix! We really enjoyed the "scenery" in the student section, if you know what I mean. Nice to see him rockin' the Griz gear from head to toe.

griz37
October 27th, 2008, 11:17 PM
Saw a guy with a UC Davis shirt at Wal-Mart tonight.

MSUfan2010
October 27th, 2008, 11:26 PM
Seen a guy with a UCA shirt on around at my school(not MSU)

DuckDuckGriz
October 28th, 2008, 12:18 AM
I saw a HOFSTRA PRIDE hoodie walking on the UO campus last week.

lizrdgizrd
October 28th, 2008, 08:47 AM
Saw a Monmouth window sticker today on the way to work!

Appaholic
October 28th, 2008, 09:02 AM
Saw a little hotty sporting a Northern Arizona Track & Field t-shirt in Bent Creek forest this weekend....I laughed at her.....

UDBlueLotFan
October 28th, 2008, 01:02 PM
I was on a USAir flight, CLT-JFK yesterday and walked past a guy wearing an App.St. University hat. I walked past him and said, go Delaware. Got a smile and a chuckle out of him.

andy7171
November 4th, 2008, 10:37 AM
I followed a Jeep Cherokee to work sporting a The Citadel and EL CID stickers. It also had a Kerry '04 and several Democrat bumper stickers. I felt embarrased for citdog.

This is the 5th different Citadel alumni I have spotted in Baltimore. Needless to say the invasion of the North has begun.

app
November 4th, 2008, 06:41 PM
App St. Shirt in California.

Peems
November 4th, 2008, 06:54 PM
I saw a HOFSTRA PRIDE hoodie walking on the UO campus last week.

it would have been a lot cooler if it had been said FLYING DUTCHMEN

SunCoastBlueHen
November 16th, 2008, 12:04 PM
I played golf with my buddy this morning, it was chilly and he was wearing a The Citadel pullover. I asked him where the hell he got that that, and he proceeded to tell me how he won it back in his boxing days. Evidently, before one of his fights he made a side bet with an ex-cadet that the winner got the other's jacket...

...30 second first round knockout. :p

Syntax Error
November 16th, 2008, 12:08 PM
not entirely FCS but at a stoplight the other day there was a panhandling guy holding a "homeless and hungry" sign. He was wearing a WINTHROP/BIG SOUTH t-shirt!

SideLine Shooter
November 16th, 2008, 12:13 PM
not entirely FCS but at a stoplight the other day there was a panhandling guy holding a "homeless and hungry" sign. He was wearing a WINTHROP/SOCON t-shirt!

That is encouraging.

ncbears
November 16th, 2008, 12:24 PM
I played golf with my buddy this morning, it was chilly and he was wearing a The Citadel pullover. I asked him where the hell he got that that, and he proceeded to tell me how he won it back in his boxing days. Evidently, before one of his fights he made a side bet with an ex-cadet that the winner got the other's jacket...

...30 second first round knockout. :p

True story?

Syntax Error
November 16th, 2008, 12:27 PM
That is encouraging.Oops, I meant BIG SOUTH!

SunCoastBlueHen
November 16th, 2008, 12:56 PM
True story?

Absolutely, 100%!

andy7171
November 17th, 2008, 07:50 AM
I was taking my oldest daughter to her end of season soccer party at Friendly's Saturday and walking out was a guy wearing an "Elon Dad" sweatshirt. I said "Hey big game today" He had no idea what I was talking about, But had said he heard they were doing well this year. He said his daughter went to Elon and was now over in Spain. Nice guy.

Eaglesrus
November 17th, 2008, 09:12 AM
I saw some GSU apparel in Greenville, SC, Saturday. Saw some Furman apparel, too, but not as much :)

OSBF
November 29th, 2008, 12:31 PM
At Giordano's pizza in Chicago, guy in full Northeastern gear. Talked to him a little, he's on the rowing team, and plays club rugby. He was shocked that I knew they are the Huskies.

My GF is now convinced that FCS/AGS is a cult.

slycat
November 30th, 2008, 05:06 PM
Saw some Winthrop gear at a store in the DFW area.

Appstate29
November 30th, 2008, 05:25 PM
yesterday at a bar saw a guy in Western Gear, I said they had a great coach and he was going to bring them back, he said "ohh you're familiar", and I turned around my ASU hat so he could clearly see the block A and replied, "Yeah... I'm familiar". Nice guy, we chatted for a few minutes.

DuckDuckGriz
November 30th, 2008, 05:31 PM
Was in Safeway here in Eugene last night turn around and lo and behond I see a woman wearing a 'Montana Grizzlies' vest.

Now granted I am not all there at the time so I say something like "Hey I like your vest! Did you see the game?"

And she just looks at me clueless so I just turn and walk away once my receipt is printed. True story.

Appstate29
November 30th, 2008, 05:34 PM
Was in Safeway here in Eugene last night turn around and lo and behond I see a woman wearing a 'Montana Grizzlies' vest.

Now granted I am not all there at the time so I say something like "Hey I like your vest! Did you see the game?"

And she just looks at me clueless so I just turn and walk away once my receipt is printed. True story.

Thats odd. Not an FCS sighting but today I saw a guy jogging in a UNC-Tarhole (or Carowhina, Chapel Hell, *****central, basically anything derogatory you can say) pullover, and I tried to hit him with my car. Almost succeded too xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

DuckDuckGriz
November 30th, 2008, 05:42 PM
Thats odd. Not an FCS sighting but today I saw a guy jogging in a UNC-Tarhole (or Carowhina, Chapel Hell, *****central, basically anything derogatory you can say) pullover, and I tried to hit him with my car. Almost succeded too xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

Man that'd be a hell of a jog.

UNH_Alum_In_CT
December 15th, 2008, 03:41 PM
OK, I'm now officially disappointed! Over the past few weeks I drove from CT to FL to Iowa and back to CT and nobody spotted me! :(

Most of the time I had a bike on the roof of my car, I have a vanity plate that includes "UNH", I have a decal for "UNH Football" on one rear window, decals for "UNH Alumni" and "Wildcat Athletic Conference" (WAC) on the other rear window. And when outside the car I probably always wore a baseball cap with UNH Football/Basketball/WAC on it. Many times I had a sweatshirt, fleece jacket and/or sweat pants with UNH Football/Basketball on it.

But I was pleasantly surprised on the day after the UNH-SIU game when I'm having a beer at the Big River Brew Pub in Nashville and a Louisville fan sees my gear and says "you guys won yesterday"! xnodx :D (Louisville played Western Kentucky in basketball that day in Nashville.) I was pleasantly surprised that a FBS guy knew the results of the FCS playoffs. He must have family with FCS ties. :p :p

Eaglesrus
December 15th, 2008, 06:03 PM
Saw a guy wearing a Harvard tie on River Street in Savannah this weekend.

Mountain Panther
December 15th, 2008, 06:22 PM

Being that is Eugene she's probably a transient who got the vest for free.

AppGirl
December 15th, 2008, 09:25 PM
Not out of state by any means, but I spent the day Saturday shopping in Winston Salem, home of Wake Forest University. I saw one Wake shirt all day, and about 30 App shirts. Saw about an even amount of App to Wake apparel in the stores.

UNH_Alum_In_CT
January 2nd, 2009, 01:27 PM
I'm in the supermarket wearing a baseball cap with "UNH", don't recall if it was my football or basketball one. A big guy working in the meat department stops me and asks if it was the UNH that just lost in football at Northern Iowa. For those that don't know, there is a University of New Haven that most in CT associate with "UNH".

So, after my initial thought that the losses at UNI are going to haunt me until the day I die :p , I talk with the guy. Turns out he's from the Waterloo-Cedar Falls area and his brother wrestled for UNI IIRC (it was over a week ago xoopsx ). We had a good talk until another customer had questions for him. I'm going to keep my eye open for him when I'm back at that store and it is quieter.

UNH_Alum_In_CT
January 2nd, 2009, 01:41 PM
At Giordano's pizza in Chicago, guy in full Northeastern gear. Talked to him a little, he's on the rowing team, and plays club rugby. He was shocked that I knew they are the Huskies.

My GF is now convinced that FCS/AGS is a cult.

Wish I read this before I left Cedar Falls! Would have stopped for pizza on my way East just to cement the whole cult thing for her!! And to help her understand that it is a good cult!! ;) xnodx xrotatehx xlolx xlolx

SunCoastBlueHen
January 2nd, 2009, 01:46 PM
For those that don't know, there is a University of New Haven that most in CT associate with "UNH".

I actually saw a smokin' hot girl at the airport yesterday with a 'UNH" shirt on. She must have been a New Haven student. :p

UNH_Alum_In_CT
January 2nd, 2009, 02:20 PM
I actually saw a smokin' hot girl at the airport yesterday with a 'UNH" shirt on. She must have been a New Haven student. :p

Didn't you look at those pics of Meghan White in the Cheerleading thread? ;) :p

slycat
January 2nd, 2009, 05:40 PM
Saw a Cornell shirt at the Armed Forces Bowl.

OL FU
January 3rd, 2009, 09:51 AM
In a bar last night saw a guy with a The Citadel hat on and when I ask him if his mom didn't teach him that hats are not to be worn inside he told me his mom went to Furman.

tough to get anything over on that damn The Citdogxlolx

slycat
January 3rd, 2009, 03:27 PM
Saw a Princeton shirt on a hot girl while I was getting gas.

proasu89
January 3rd, 2009, 04:45 PM
Saw a Montana State shirt in North Myrtle last week.

UDBlueLotFan
January 5th, 2009, 07:42 AM
A guy wearing a Maine Black Bears warmup jacket while out watching the Ravens at a local sports bar.

JMU DJ
January 6th, 2009, 01:53 PM
Don't know if TV counts... but I saw a Fordham banner in an episode of "Law and Order" last night... It's the episode where they try the makers of flack jackets for the army because they sent out faulty ones... anyway, the Fordham banner is in the legal offices of the "Government is listening to my thoughts" "tin foil on my head" person on his filing cabinet.

CID1990
January 6th, 2009, 07:02 PM
I spent the last week in Boone up at my cabin, so maybe somebody saw me in my El Cid digs!

There's a chick from GSU that lives one building over from me. I don't think she'll be there long though, due to the noise complaints, different guys going in clutching $20 bills and coming out empty handed, and the empty Cheeze-Whiz cans littering the ground outside her window.

wkuhillhound
January 11th, 2009, 04:21 PM
Saw a guy with UALBANY hooded jacket while charging my laptop in Clarksville, TN.

Tealblood
January 11th, 2009, 05:04 PM
saw 2 seperate ASU hats at Sam's club in Myrtle todsy

SideLine Shooter
January 11th, 2009, 06:54 PM
This week in Vegas I saw 1-McNeese State shirt, 3-App. St. shirts, 1-Delaware shirt, and 1-App. St. hat.

andy7171
January 12th, 2009, 07:39 AM
Columbia back window sticker.

CID1990
January 12th, 2009, 06:01 PM
Actually this was back in 2005, but I was in Amman, Jordan and I saw a Jordanian driving a little Toyota and he had an Elon alumni sticker in the back window.

bobbythekidd
January 12th, 2009, 06:42 PM
Actually this was back in 2005, but I was in Amman, Jordan and I saw a Jordanian driving a little Toyota and he had an Elon alumni sticker in the back window.
Wrecked cars are routinely shipped to Russia where they are repaired and returned to the US as "certified, pre-owned" cars. The ones that are can't be certified in the US are sold in 2nd and 3rd world countries.

CID1990
January 18th, 2009, 02:51 AM
Wrecked cars are routinely shipped to Russia where they are repaired and returned to the US as "certified, pre-owned" cars. The ones that are can't be certified in the US are sold in 2nd and 3rd world countries.

Possibly, but this car was one of the base models (not worth a lot of money) and also new. I would think that it is more likely that it was driven by a Jordanian who went to Elon on a student visa. We had several of them at The Citadel.

biggie
March 19th, 2009, 10:16 AM
Bring this back up, just for the really hot girl wearing a JMU pink t-shirt in my dodgeball league tourney the other night. Almost had to go ask her to remove it, not sure how that would have worked out.

89Hen
April 13th, 2009, 12:40 PM
SUV in my parking lot this morning with an ASU sticker on it. When I first saw I assumed it must be Arizona State, but noticed it had a NC license plate. Don't get many App fans round here. xeyebrowx

appmaj
April 13th, 2009, 12:51 PM
SUV in my parking lot this morning with an ASU sticker on it. When I first saw I assumed it must be Arizona State, but noticed it had a NC license plate. Don't get many App fans round here. xeyebrowx

Not out here either...everyone keeps asking if I went to Arizona State

GSUhooligan
June 11th, 2009, 09:48 AM
Sat next to a guy with an App. St. shirt on at a blackjack table at the Beau Rivage in Biloxi.

I saw quite a few FCS stickers/shirts/hats on my trip.

Southern, McNeese, MVSU, Montana, Georgia Southern (not just my stuff), SFA, and Samford

SideLine Shooter
June 11th, 2009, 09:55 AM
I saw a fat chick wearing a real tight Elon shirt in the mall yesterday.xlolx

Eaglesrus
July 21st, 2009, 04:00 PM
Saw a Grambling tee-shirt on Royal Caribbean's Monarch of the Seas Saturday....or was it Sunday? Memory of those two days is sort of blurred.

SO ILLmatic
July 21st, 2009, 05:42 PM
App State shirt on a guy at a golf store in Myrtle Beach.

Plus numerous sightings of Citadel stickers while driving on the roads of SC.

SideLine Shooter
July 21st, 2009, 06:08 PM
While watching"The Open" last weekend I saw an App St. hat in the crowd following Tom Watson.

eaglewithabus
July 22nd, 2009, 10:50 AM
ran into two ex JMU football players at a minor league baseball game last thursday, both had on JMU football t-shirts.

proasu89
July 22nd, 2009, 07:20 PM
ran into two ex JMU football players at a minor league baseball game last thursday, both had on JMU football t-shirts.

I so wish this thread was in the smack forum.xlolx

J/K

Willie
July 22nd, 2009, 08:45 PM
I see Griz clothing all the time in Fargo when I'm in Moorhead watching my son play.

And when I visit my daughter in Danbury, CT I've seen Montana State stuff occasionally.

mebisonII
July 23rd, 2009, 07:26 AM
I see Griz clothing all the time in Fargo when I'm in Moorhead watching my son play.

And when I visit my daughter in Danbury, CT I've seen Montana State stuff occasionally.

Concordia Cobbers!!! Awesome. That is the first time I've ever seen a cobbers signature bar...although I'm a little surprised it doesn't feature the choirs! ;)

(my mother, brother, and sister-in-law are all Cobber alums xthumbsupx )

Willie
July 23rd, 2009, 09:26 AM
That is because my son makes them. :)

AppAlum2003
July 28th, 2009, 09:04 AM
Was pulling into work this morning in Wilkesboro, NC and saw a pickup truck with two stickers on the back: Appalachian State University and Montana State Bobcats

SideLine Shooter
July 28th, 2009, 09:36 AM
Saw a Elon College hat at The Provision Co. in Southport, N.C.

BobcatSymphony
July 28th, 2009, 11:30 AM
Seen several TxSt, SFA and SHSU stickers down here in the southern three counties of Texas. (Mostly educators is my assumption)

bodoyle
July 28th, 2009, 11:56 AM
Every morning I see a heavyset older gentleman walking past the Sears Tower in a Bill and Mary hat.

OL FU
July 28th, 2009, 01:59 PM
Guy in my office building wears a UNH Hockey Shirt.

I finally ask him his connection and he said " I just liked the shirt":)

ncbears
July 28th, 2009, 05:02 PM
Saw an App State hate on a guy in Old Town ft. Collins the other day.

mcveyrl
July 28th, 2009, 05:11 PM
One of our summer workers plays on the OL for Yale, so he wears his polo every now and then. The other day he was wearing an App. State shirt and I almost gave him a hard time about it, but he's a lot bigger than me, so I let it slide.

Eaglesrus
July 28th, 2009, 06:35 PM
Saw an App State hate on a guy in Old Town ft. Collins the other day.

Must have been a GSU fan.

phoenixphanatic21
July 28th, 2009, 06:45 PM
Does it count that I see App State stickers on cars everywhere I go now?

Also, I saw a dude in a Richmond Spiders shirt a few weeks ago.

gophoenix
July 28th, 2009, 09:11 PM
Saw an Elon hat in London
Saw an App hat in Frankfurt
Saw a Lehigh hat in Hyderabad, India
Saw a Richmond hat in Paderborn, Germany

All within the past few months.

OL FU
July 29th, 2009, 12:13 PM
Guy in my office building wears a UNH Hockey Shirt.

I finally ask him his connection and he said " I just liked the shirt":)

Same dude is wearing a Maine shirt today. I didn't askxrolleyesx

OLDMAIN80
August 18th, 2009, 10:49 AM
App State grad joined my country club last month. Big App State decal across the front of his cart, saw my Wofford decal and stopped to speak.

ncbears
August 18th, 2009, 11:00 AM
Must have been a GSU fan.

Ooops! I mean hat
:(

GSUhooligan
August 18th, 2009, 11:20 AM
Montana State license plate bracket on I-75 in GA (Had New Jersey plates).

Furman grad with a sticker on his toyota FJ at the conference I was at last week in Tifton, GA.

Go...gate
August 18th, 2009, 11:30 AM
Football is not far away....xhurrayxxsmashxxcoachx

OLDMAIN80
August 24th, 2009, 02:49 PM
Played golf last weekend with a Furman grad, his wife's family is from LA. He is a chef at a restaraunt in Birmingham.

OL FU
August 24th, 2009, 03:20 PM
Interviewed an Albany grad the other day. I ask what it was like to be a Dane Fan and she said, Albany NY not Georgiaxrolleyesx

New Rule, anyone who doesn't know their college mascot doesn't get hired. :D

mebisonII
August 24th, 2009, 03:42 PM
Iowa State Fair this weekend:

Saw NDSU and UND bowls and cups for sale along with a rack of B10, B12, etc. stuff. Threatened to buy an NDSU set for the Cyclone grad I was hanging around with.

Lots of folks with UNI stuff there, of course.

Saw a guy with a Montana shirt on at our local Barnes and Noble yesterday. His friend was hitting him on the head with a book.

SideLine Shooter
August 24th, 2009, 04:10 PM
Today I saw a CITADEL shirt on a teacher at Cox Mill H.S. in Concord.

Dane96
August 24th, 2009, 10:22 PM
Interviewed an Albany grad the other day. I ask what it was like to be a Dane Fan and she said, Albany NY not Georgiaxrolleyesx

Speechless.

Hope she had big....

CopperCat
August 25th, 2009, 12:53 AM
Partied last weekend with two Citadel grads, one VMI, and one chick was from JSU. All cool people!

GSUhooligan
August 25th, 2009, 11:20 AM
Partied last weekend with two Citadel grads...... All cool people!

http://smiliesftw.com/x/huge_bs_flag.gif

89Hen
August 25th, 2009, 11:28 AM

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xoopsx xlolx

UNH_Alum_In_CT
August 25th, 2009, 12:44 PM

Good rule! You never know how they might skyrocket up through the ranks. One of these days, you might need to ask that person for some time off to attend a road playoff game. I seriously doubt that someone who doesn't know their alma mater's mascot would have much empathy toward a playoff trip! I had a short stint with a female boss who also graduated from UNH. She couldn't have cared less about sports in general nor UNH Football in particular. She couldn't understand why I planned time off around the football schedule! xoopsx xsmhx xmadx The concept of going to Philly and Baltimore to watch UNH Football was a completely foreign to her. xeekx xnonox xlolx I made sure I had a different boss by the next season! :D

Oh yeah, saw a guy wearing a Colgate tee shirt running in the park last week.

OL FU
August 25th, 2009, 12:55 PM
Good rule! You never know how they might skyrocket up through the ranks. One of these days, you might need to ask that person for some time off to attend a road playoff game. I seriously doubt that someone who doesn't know their alma mater's mascot would have much empathy toward a playoff trip! I had a short stint with a female boss who also graduated from UNH. She couldn't have cared less about sports in general nor UNH Football in particular. She couldn't understand why I planned time off around the football schedule! xoopsx xsmhx xmadx The concept of going to Philly and Baltimore to watch UNH Football was a completely foreign to her. xeekx xnonox xlolx I made sure I had a different boss by the next season! :D

Oh yeah, saw a guy wearing a Colgate tee shirt running in the park last week.

Good pointxthumbsupx They other point is to never trust a person that knows less about their own school's athletic programs than someone who grew up 500 miles away from said school. :)

ASUG8
August 25th, 2009, 12:58 PM
Saw some guy at the Upstate get together with a Montana shirt on. He was from the Asheville area.....Appa.....Appa......it'll come to me. xthumbsupx

Dane96
August 25th, 2009, 08:07 PM
Good pointxthumbsupx They other point is to never trust a person that knows less about their own school's athletic programs than someone who grew up 500 miles away from said school. :)

Glad to know if you were hiring...and I needed a job...I would pass this test!!!!

darell1976
August 26th, 2009, 06:47 AM
I was in Minneapolis last weekend and saw a guy with a North Dakota Fighting Sioux shirt on..his plates said Manitoba. Thats a Canadian with good taste in teams.xthumbsupx

OL FU
August 26th, 2009, 06:53 AM
Glad to know if you were hiring...and I needed a job...I would pass this test!!!!

xlolxxlolx I'd hire you any day. xnodx

The brooms in the cornerxlolx

Being an FU grad it does not amaze me that alums or current students know little about the athletic programs. I am used to it. But to not know our mascot namexconfusedxxconfusedxxconfusedx

89Hen
August 27th, 2009, 11:39 AM
Saw a guy with a Furman t-shirt in the grocery store parking lot last night, but he looked more like a Citadel guy with his high and tight. xeyebrowx

BisonAccountant44
August 27th, 2009, 11:53 AM
Saw a girl in a pair of UND shorts running along LSD the other day, and the last time I was up at Wrigley I saw a UND hockey jersey in the next section over. Still haven't seen anyone else in NDSU garb arount town though. :(

GeauxColonels
August 28th, 2009, 08:56 AM
Not quite an FCS sighting, but I thought it was worth mentioning. A Baton Rouge area high school football team is now using a somewhat familiar logo on it's helmets:

http://media.2theadvocate.com/images/prep+vaughn+082809.jpg

SideLine Shooter
August 28th, 2009, 03:53 PM
Saw a lady (i think) in Blacksburg, Va. yesterday wearing a UNH tshirt.

rjg129
August 28th, 2009, 04:53 PM
a guy with a Furple shirt today at my hotel

MSUfan2010
August 29th, 2009, 12:02 PM
I've seen a lot of Northern Iowa and Drake shirts in my school's town just north of Springfield, Missouri this year

SideLine Shooter
August 29th, 2009, 02:47 PM
Saw a man in downtown Boone today wearing a Griz shirt.

proasu89
August 29th, 2009, 06:52 PM
Saw a man in downtown Boone today wearing a Griz shirt.

Thanks to Grizo I have a Griz shirt, but it was not me.

UNH_Alum_In_CT
August 30th, 2009, 12:35 PM
This past Thursday there was a 5K in our park system along the Connecticut River. The guy who won was wearing a Marist shirt.

AmsterBison
August 30th, 2009, 05:25 PM
Saw a big family Friday night by John's Pizzeria (theater district) and one of the kids was wearing Montana State gear.

Thundar
August 31st, 2009, 06:13 PM
Cal Poly-SLO sticker in back window of Ford Ranger in Fargo

PhoenixSupreme
August 31st, 2009, 06:28 PM
I think I saw someone here at VCU wear a Monmouth shirt the other week.

SideLine Shooter
August 31st, 2009, 09:34 PM
Saw something really strange today in Salisbury, N.C. It was an old Ford Maverick that was smoking really bad and it had an Elon College "Fighting Christians" bumper sticker on it. Now that was a Classic. :o

MR. CHICKEN
August 31st, 2009, 10:01 PM
SAW UH TODDLER....IN BETHANY....SUNDAY.......WEARIN' UH CLASS O'....2029.....FURMAN T...ON DUH BACK....IT READ......"AN' WE STILL OWE DELAWARE....UH REMATCH".....:p.....BRAWK!!

89Hen
September 1st, 2009, 09:06 AM
Went to Hershey Park yesterday and saw only ONE piece of merch from a I-AA... a Colgate t-shirt on a teenager. I don't think I've ever been in a place with that many people and seen so little. xeyebrowx

JD51
September 1st, 2009, 11:51 AM
At Hood to Coast relay in Oregon this past weekend I saw 2 Lehigh T-shirts and a Bucknell sweatshirt.

crunifan
September 2nd, 2009, 06:30 PM
I saw a Delaware shirt here in Cedar Rapids, IA the other day

bodoyle
September 2nd, 2009, 08:01 PM
Every morning there is an elderly gentleman who parks his red Honda Pilot in the parking lot that has Coastal Carolina license plate holders on it.

89Hen
September 3rd, 2009, 07:36 AM
I saw a Delaware shirt here in Cedar Rapids, IA the other day
Still stuck from the ice storm? xeyebrowx

GrizFanStuckInUtah
September 3rd, 2009, 08:39 AM
I saw a McNeese State tshirt in the Salt Lake Airport this monring. xthumbsupx

Eaglesrus
September 4th, 2009, 07:01 PM
Saw App State license plate frame and window decal on a vehicle in the parking lot of a very popular Mexican restaurant down the road. It was in an unmarked space almost blocking traffic.

Bronco
September 4th, 2009, 07:37 PM
I rented a house to a young guy wearing an App-State t-shirt. We had a good FCS conversation and he said he was very clean...we'll see. He also had a hot girlfriend with him...who looked dirty

Mountaineer#96
September 7th, 2009, 07:10 PM
Saw a GSU buss with goal post damage to the door the other day

Go...gate
September 7th, 2009, 07:37 PM
Went to Hershey Park yesterday and saw only ONE piece of merch from a I-AA... a Colgate t-shirt on a teenager. I don't think I've ever been in a place with that many people and seen so little. xeyebrowx

It's all about quality, not quantity! :)

appfan2008
September 7th, 2009, 07:57 PM
I work at chick fil a and we had our giveway with a team logo shirt on today and i had a ton of fcs schools come through my line including richmond w&m app elon wcu furman jmu and many others...

NorCalJack
September 7th, 2009, 08:24 PM
I saw a red Toyota Tacoma with an Illinois St. Redbird sticker in the back window in Danville, CA on Thursday. I do like there logo, looks good on a red truck.

4N6
September 16th, 2009, 04:05 PM
My wife and I were at Universal Studios / Orlando a couple days ago. Sat in front of a couple waiting for a show to begin, and the guy asked where we were (originally) from. I said "Iowa," and he then immediately asked "Are you a Hawkeye or Cyclone fan?" Without missing a beat, I asked him if he had ever heard of the Northern Iowa Panthers, and he said that they (the Panthers) had for years been a nemesis of his football favorite team - the Montana Grizzlies.

Small world.

So ... I wanted to ask a question ... have any of you run into fellow FCS football fans in a place you would otherwise not expect to do so?

UNCBears2010
September 16th, 2009, 04:29 PM
My wife and I were at Universal Studios / Orlando a couple days ago. Sat in front of a couple waiting for a show to begin, and the guy asked where we were (originally) from. I said "Iowa," and he then immediately asked "Are you a Hawkeye or Cyclone fan?" Without missing a beat, I asked him if he had ever heard of the Northern Iowa Panthers, and he said that they (the Panthers) had for years been a nemesis of his football favorite team - the Montana Grizzlies.

Small world.

So ... I wanted to ask a question ... have any of you run into fellow FCS football fans in a place you would otherwise not expect to do so?

Actually, yes. I was at Disney World wearing my shirt that says "There's only one UNC..." on the front and "The University of Northern Colorado" on the back, they guy in line in front of me saw the front of me saw my shirt and asked "Which one is that?" I said Northern Colorado. He said he should've known as he was a North Dakota State fan.

Thundar
September 16th, 2009, 05:31 PM

Small world.

Sitting in the hotel bar in SeaTac, WA bs'n with the bartender who just happened to be from Fargo, when the guy 6 stools down shouts BISON Suck, I looked over and said what? he says GO GRIZ. First I thought he was a UND fan and I was going to have to go to a different hotel, but he turned out pretty cool!

RabidRabbit
September 16th, 2009, 05:42 PM
Working in NO La currently. Many out of towners in for the first Saints Game. Saw Texas St. Working with a Nichols St grad, a UMASS grad, and have talked with a famous SHSU grad, but haven't sunk in for xbeerchugxxbeerchugx yet.

Looking forward to hit the McNeese/Tulane gatherings, and some more SLU/ Nichols St. games!

MSUBear42
September 16th, 2009, 06:52 PM
Working in NO La currently. Many out of towners in for the first Saints Game. Saw Texas St. Working with a Nichols St grad, a UMASS grad, and have talked with a famous SHSU grad, but haven't sunk in for xbeerchugxxbeerchugx yet.

Looking forward to hit the McNeese/Tulane gatherings, and some more SLU/ Nichols St. games!

I was in NOLA in July... my wife and I were wearing Missouri State gear and we walked into a couple wearing SIU stuff!

coover
September 16th, 2009, 11:50 PM
Walking down the street in Novosibirsk, Siberia, I spotted a young man in a Cal Poly Baseball hat. I approached him and said "Cal Poly?" and he immediately nodded and repeated a very heavily accented version of "Cal Poly". I do not speak Russian very well, and we were not able to communicate any further. But he was very excited that I recognized the Cal Poly hat.

South Carolina Duke
September 17th, 2009, 12:03 AM
The family and I were in Disney World/Animal Kingdom last week and saw a woman with an App. State Shirt.

Not to smart wearing black in "Disney Hell" when it is 93 degrees, if you ask me.

Dignan
September 17th, 2009, 04:52 AM
A couple of months ago my parents stopped by at the JMU bookstore and picked me up a shirt and a couple of other things and sent them to me. My wife then proceeded to lose the package as it feel out of the bottom of the baby stroller while she was walking through the weekly market in town.

So I suspect, although I haven't yet seen it, that there's someone in Paterna, Spain who occasionally goes around decked out in JMU colors (maybe even with a matching baby too). I just hope that if I see it someday I'll be alert enough to get a picture of it.

AshevilleApp2
September 17th, 2009, 06:52 AM
Not a gear sighting, but last week I was in the Smithsonian with an App shirt on. A security guard saw the shirt and started a conversation about FCS football. It turns out he played on the Florida A&M team that came to Boone for the first round game in the 1999 playoffs.

They blew us out of the water. xsmhx

A great guy, but a game I'd rather forget. xnodx

unigriff
September 17th, 2009, 08:15 AM
Saw a Cal Poly shirt wearing dude here in Houston. Also, recently I was wearing a UNI shirt and came across a fella who was wearing a Texas State shirt...he still couldn't believe 2005's outcome in San Marcos :)

Thumper 76
September 17th, 2009, 11:12 AM
Back home in Nothern WI when I was helping coach our hs football team there was a group of brothers all with Montana gear on, they had taken a trip to Missoula and got it there. Didn't know diddly about the team though

Gordon Shumway
September 17th, 2009, 11:39 AM
I'd have to say my UNH hat is pretty lonely here in the heart of Gator country.xlolx

AppAlum96
September 17th, 2009, 08:04 PM
I live in San Diego, and I encountered a fellow at a Padres game recently who was decked out in ASU gear. I yelled "Go Apps!" to him, and we shared a cheer. :)

Other than that...

I guess the championship game viewing party attendees here in SD in 05, 06 and 07 don't count?

4N6
September 18th, 2009, 11:40 AM
Walking down the street in Novosibirsk, Siberia, I spotted a young man in a Cal Poly Baseball hat. I approached him and said "Cal Poly?" and he immediately nodded and repeated a very heavily accented version of "Cal Poly". I do not speak Russian very well, and we were not able to communicate any further. But he was very excited that I recognized the Cal Poly hat.

Wow, you beat me. (my Universal Studios post) Siberia? Damn.

Proud though, that I still wear the purple and gold of Northern Iowa since retiring to the Sunshine State.

mcveyrl
September 18th, 2009, 12:10 PM
I was flying from Norfolk to Charlotte a couple of weeks ago and a guy behind me had on a Portland State shirt. Never got a chance to talk to him, though.

Very Short President
September 18th, 2009, 01:02 PM
I'm in Virginia and I saw a guy in a UNH hat. Asked him about beating Ball State but he didn't know what I was talking about.

In undergrad we took a spring break trip to Key West. We camped. The tent next to us was full of Eastern Mennonite students, which is a weird coincidence since Eastern Mennonite and JMU are both in Harrisonburg.

4N6
September 20th, 2009, 01:06 PM
Granted, I take notice when I see Northern Iowa stuff, or hear Northern Iowa talk outside the state of Iowa. So, for about the fifth time in the past two weeks, I've had someone here in Florida point out to me that they have heard of the Panthers, because they heard they lost to the Iowa Hawkeyes in the last few seconds.

I'll tell you right now that losing on (2) blocked field goal(s) still stings - and a loss is a loss, but ...

People DO notice that "other" sub-division of D1 football. Even here in the middle of Florida.

unigriff
September 20th, 2009, 01:33 PM
Granted, I take notice when I see Northern Iowa stuff, or hear Northern Iowa talk outside the state of Iowa. So, for about the fifth time in the past two weeks, I've had someone here in Florida point out to me that they have heard of the Panthers, because they heard they lost to the Iowa Hawkeyes in the last few seconds.

I'll tell you right now that losing on (2) blocked field goal(s) still stings - and a loss is a loss, but ...

People DO notice that "other" sub-division of D1 football. Even here in the middle of Florida.

Crazy isnt it. My students kept bothering me about the UNI basketball loss to Purdue this past march...I didn't know they were that knowledgeable...although some of my fellow colleagues refer to us as NIU.

DOME
September 20th, 2009, 03:31 PM
Turns out every year on RAGBRAI (google it) there is a whole group of Deleware people that have their own bus and everything.
Also saw a So. Ill and NDSU jersey this year.

proasu89
November 8th, 2009, 07:49 PM
Saw a Griz basketball t-shirt and Samford license plate at the 5K race in Blowing Rock this Saturday.

AppAlum96
November 9th, 2009, 05:33 PM
At the 7-11 near my house last weekend, I was waiting in line to buy a soda, wearing my ASU hat. The guy in line behind me asked if I went to ASU, I said yes. Turns out, he was from Boone and is now in San Diego because he'd joined the Navy.

We both spoke of how much we miss Boone. :)

Aho_Old_Guy
November 9th, 2009, 06:21 PM
Ran into a Cornell sweatshirt wearing former football player. Chatted for awhile. I told him I was sort of an FCS ( I-AA) expertxlolx . He looked at me like I was xnutsx nuts

I know that look.

I was waiting in line at a store in 'west' Lake Norman behind a guy wearing a Michigan State cap. I was chatting him up with all my suthern charm, and he was doing his best to put me on 'ignore'.

Then I slipped in that I was a graduate of Appalachian --- we were best buds leaving the store xlolx

appmaj
November 19th, 2009, 10:07 AM
I was at the Miami/Clemson game at Landshark. I was spotted wearing my app state croakies. I hear "Go App!" from up the aisle, turns out the lady was and App grad from '96. From Hickory.

McNeese75
November 19th, 2009, 11:28 AM
I was in Austin last Sunday morning and there was a guy in a Liberty tee shirt in the hotel breakfast area

DOME
November 19th, 2009, 12:19 PM
Couple weeks ago I was in Lawrence, KS (Home of the KU Jayhawks) walking down Mass Street on Sunday, head to toe in UNI gear. Not intentionally, just so happens that when I grab mesh shorts, a sweat shirt and ball cap the odds are in favor of each having to do with UNI.

Some dude, never saw his face, yells out of a moving car "UNI SUCKS!"

I tend to disagree with him but was suprised someone not only recognized UNI in the middle of Big 12 country, but cared enough about it to yell like that.

Probably a UNH fan....

AppAlum96
November 19th, 2009, 12:45 PM
I was at the Miami/Clemson game at Landshark. I was spotted wearing my app state croakies. I hear "Go App!" from up the aisle, turns out the lady was and App grad from '96. From Hickory.

Did you get her name? That was the year I graduated, and I had lots of aquaintances from Hickory at App.

kirkblitz
November 19th, 2009, 12:51 PM
saw some CCU stuff on the CCU campus today

OL FU
November 19th, 2009, 01:24 PM
saw some CCU stuff on the CCU campus today

Strangely enough I anticipate seeing a lot of Wofford stuff this saturday. xnodx

Eaglesrus
November 19th, 2009, 01:43 PM
I saw a Harvard hat in Paulson Stadium's parking lot Saturday.

SideLine Shooter
November 19th, 2009, 09:49 PM
Yesterday I saw several High School kids wearing App State gear and even saw a kid wearing a purple Furman Football Camp shirt.

MasonJar
November 20th, 2009, 12:43 PM
I saw a Montana D-Line shirt at the Panthers/Phins game last night in Charlotte.

Georgia Griz
November 20th, 2009, 01:45 PM
You know, I was at the Bristol NASCAR race back in the Spring, my wife was wearing one of my Griz sweatshirts, and I heard someone shout "Go Griz" while climbing the steps to our seats. I returned the chant and looked up and around to see who had shouted it. xrotatehx Never saw the person who had shouted it. There were freaking thousands and thousands of people. Never seen so many people in such a small place in my entire life! It was like someone had kicked an ant mound! xlolx

GrizFanStuckInUtah
November 20th, 2009, 05:04 PM
I saw a UMASS sweatshirt on a girl at the Boise airport. xconfusedx :)

Tod
November 20th, 2009, 06:18 PM
I'm looking at a former Richmond Spider in space on SportsCenter right now!!

Cool! xthumbsupxxthumbsupx

Tod
November 20th, 2009, 06:21 PM
I'm looking at a former Richmond Spider in space on SportsCenter right now!!

Cool! xthumbsupxxthumbsupx

OH!! Leland Melvin! And he signs off with "GO SPIDERS"!!

Nice!!

xthumbsupxxthumbsupxxthumbsupxxbowxxbowxxbowxxbowx xbowxxbowxxbowxxbowxxbowxxbowxxbowxxbowxxbowxxbowx xbowxxbowxxbowxxbowxxbowx

UMass922
November 30th, 2009, 03:55 PM
Saw a guy in a Richmond jacket at Food 4 Less in Evanston, IL this afternoon.

89Hen
November 30th, 2009, 03:59 PM
Saw a kid at the Smithsonian two weekends ago with an AppSt sweatshirt. When he stood next to the Neanderthal exhibit he blended right in. xeekx xsmiley_wix :p

http://biggestupsetever.com/wp-content/gallery/asu-vs-nc-central-october-10-2009/dsc_0171.jpg