BYE never loses a game.

BisonFan02
September 3rd, 2018, 09:36 AM
BYE never loses a game.

BYE would win the Celebration Bowl.

POD Knows
September 3rd, 2018, 09:38 AM
BYE would win the Celebration Bowl.
UNI could lose to bye, they would **** it up somehow.

Derby City Duke
September 3rd, 2018, 09:40 AM
Savvy scheduling! xdrunkyx

POD Knows
September 3rd, 2018, 09:43 AM
Savvy scheduling! xdrunkyxWhat do you mean??

Derby City Duke
September 3rd, 2018, 09:48 AM
What do you mean??

A little tongue in cheek -- using the bye week to recover from the brutal toll of Cal Poly to get ready for the New Kids on the Block...

BisonFan02
September 3rd, 2018, 09:49 AM
A little tongue in cheek -- using the bye week to recover from the brutal toll of Cal Poly to get ready for the New Kids on the Block...

Truth be told....I would MUCH rather have the bye week later...either before or during the conf schedule.

Southern Bison
September 3rd, 2018, 09:52 AM
Great job by UNA over SUU to get their 1st FCS win...but they'll get their indoctrination into top-tier FCS football as their coach wanted when the game was scheduled.

Bison 45
Lions 10

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Southern Bison
September 3rd, 2018, 09:54 AM
Truth be told....I would MUCH rather have the bye week later...either before or during the conf schedule.Klieman isn't happy about the early bye week either.

POD Knows
September 3rd, 2018, 09:55 AM
:D OK, actually, with the UNA win, I am looking forward to this game, it might be more competitive than the CP game. Teams that roll into Fargo with a "run" oriented, one dimensional offense should just stay on the bus. It ain't gonna work. UNA better be able to throw the ball but it looks like they can sling it around pretty good.

Gil Dobie
September 3rd, 2018, 09:55 AM
Alabama St (North Alabama), might be the Bison toughest non-conference game this year.

TheKingpin28
September 3rd, 2018, 10:01 AM
This bye at week 2 is a joke and frustrating for guys who will need a week off cone gauntlet season.

Oh and I am setting the over/under for amount of people pissed off at the bye that is masking itself as an FCS opponent but is really an FBS juggernaut at 50 with the temperature being 85F with a humidity of 75% and a dew point of 62.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

caribbeanhen
September 3rd, 2018, 10:02 AM
:D OK, actually, with the UNA win, I am looking forward to this game, it might be more competitive than the CP game. Teams that roll into Fargo with a "run" oriented, one dimensional offense should just stay on the bus. It ain't gonna work. UNA better be able to throw the ball but it looks like they can sling it around pretty good.

heard a rumor that Delaware is in discussions to have the game cancelled.....

Nor Eastern
September 3rd, 2018, 10:03 AM
This game should be nothing less than a Win for NDSU and nothing less than the perfect learning experience for NBama. Good for both programs.

Gil Dobie
September 3rd, 2018, 10:04 AM
This bye at week 2 is a joke and frustrating for guys who will need a week off cone gauntlet season.

Oh and I am setting the over/under for amount of people pissed off at the bye that is masking itself as an FCS opponent but is really an FBS juggernaut at 50 with the temperature being 85F with a humidity of 75% and a dew point of 62.

No one likes the early bye, but it's a nice break from driving the Twin Cities to Fargo 4 times in September.

TheKingpin28
September 3rd, 2018, 10:11 AM
No one likes the early bye, but it's a nice break from driving the Twin Cities to Fargo 4 times in September.Eh, that drive is not bad, except for the 16 miles of road construction that sucks when a semi can't drive at all.

Gil Dobie
September 3rd, 2018, 10:13 AM
Eh, that drive is not bad, except for the 16 miles of road construction that sucks when a semi can't drive at all.

No, it's not bad, but 4 times in a month, and my yard work gets backed up.

POD Knows
September 3rd, 2018, 10:17 AM
heard a rumor that Delaware is in discussions to have the game cancelled.....Yea, Delaware better show up prepared or it could get ugly. I was surprised at the URI loss and it will be interesting to see how they fare against a cupcake this coming weekend.

There are holes with NDSU, the receiving core is somewhat weak, but it always seems to be the weak link to a certain extent and I think teams can throw the ball against NDSU. I really have no idea how bad CP is but we have 4 RB's that would probably start at most FCS schools.

TheKingpin28
September 3rd, 2018, 10:18 AM
No, it's not bad, but 4 times in a month, and my yard work gets backed up.I do that stuff after work and look forward to the weekends that are Bison football. Plus it gives me a reason to get to my cabin to drink beer and pretend to fish when I just have the boat on the water with no rod in sight.

Gil Dobie
September 3rd, 2018, 10:21 AM
I do that stuff after work and look forward to the weekends that are Bison football. Plus it gives me a reason to get to my cabin to drink beer and pretend to fish when I just have the boat on the water with no rod in sight.

I get off work at 7pm, 10 hour days, and live on a lake, so no cabin. I don't even pretend to fish, just sit on the dock and watch everyone else ski, fish and drink beer.

caribbeanhen
September 3rd, 2018, 10:25 AM
I get off work at 7pm, 10 hour days, and live on a lake, so no cabin. I don't even pretend to fish, just sit on the dock and watch everyone else ski, fish and drink beer.

you mean while I drink beer....

Gil Dobie
September 3rd, 2018, 10:26 AM
you mean while I drink beer....

I get off work at 7pm, 10 hour days, and live on a lake, so no cabin. I don't even pretend to fish, just sit on the dock and watch everyone else ski, fish while Caribbeanhen drinks beer.

caribbeanhen
September 3rd, 2018, 10:29 AM
I get off work at 7pm, 10 hour days, and live on a lake, so no cabin. I don't even pretend to fish, just sit on the dock and watch everyone else ski, fish while Caribbeanhen drinks beer.

those are some good beer drinking activites and it doesnt matter if you participate or not......

McNeese75
September 3rd, 2018, 10:43 AM
This will certainly be a W for you but there will be some serious athletes on the UNA team (remember they are in transition). We had our experience with them a few years ago and were lucky to escape with the W. But then again, McNeese is not North Dakota State.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 3rd, 2018, 10:45 AM
Eh, that drive is not bad, except for the 16 miles of road construction that sucks when a semi can't drive at all.

I have a CDL and I can tell you, truckers are way better drivers than the average person driving a car.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 3rd, 2018, 10:48 AM
Great job by UNA over SUU to get their 1st FCS win...but they'll get their indoctrination into top-tier FCS football as their coach wanted when the game was scheduled.

Bison 45
Lions 10

This here.

They run a version of the spread from what I saw against SUU. NDSU should be able to run on them all day. Ride the OL to a win. Their defense is going to have trouble. I'm not too worried about the Bison defense.

Southern Bison
September 3rd, 2018, 10:51 AM
This here.

They run a version of the spread from what I saw against SUU. NDSU should be able to run on them all day. Ride the OL to a win. Their defense is going to have trouble. I'm not too worried about the Bison defense.If our D goes into the MVFC schedule allowing 7 points/game or less, we'll be just fine.

TheKingpin28
September 3rd, 2018, 10:52 AM
I have a CDL and I can tell you, truckers are way better drivers than the average person driving a car.Well then it's just me, but most twin city truckers are terribad imo. I know some are governed at 63mph but my pet peeve is one is going 69 and one is going 70 and it takes forever for them to pass while a caravan of people are waiting to go around.

CockyGeek
September 3rd, 2018, 10:53 AM
Go big TUNA

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

TheKingpin28
September 3rd, 2018, 10:53 AM
I get off work at 7pm, 10 hour days, and live on a lake, so no cabin. I don't even pretend to fish, just sit on the dock and watch everyone else ski, fish and drink beer.Ah. I'm 530-230 and live in the heart of bad drivers know as the Southwest Suburbs and if I don't do my yard work by 5pm, I will not do it due to dinner and the bed.

Gil Dobie
September 3rd, 2018, 10:54 AM
Well then it's just me, but most twin city truckers are terribad imo. I know some are governed at 63mph but my pet peeve is one is going 69 and one is going 70 and it takes forever for them to pass while a caravan of people are waiting to go around.

I agree, and it's not just trucks. I even saw a car load of young ladies slowing down traffic, and laughing at frustrated people when they let them thru later down the road.

BisonFan02
September 3rd, 2018, 10:54 AM
Go big TUNA

tUNA gives us a much tougher challenge than you guys would. ;)

TheKingpin28
September 3rd, 2018, 10:57 AM
I agree, and it's not just trucks. I even saw a car load of young ladies slowing down traffic, and laughing at frustrated people when they let them thru later down the road.This is why I am a bad driver. It's cause of things like that. I have to remain calm but I have zero patience for bad/Sunday drivers.

Lion1983
September 3rd, 2018, 11:00 AM
This game should be nothing less than a Win for NDSU and nothing less than the perfect learning experience for NBama. Good for both programs.

As long as everyone stays healthy.......

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 3rd, 2018, 11:00 AM
This is why I am a bad driver. It's cause of things like that. I have to remain calm but I have zero patience for bad/Sunday drivers.

This is why I love driving my semi....if some clown is driving crappy a little "flick" of the steering wheel will make the trailer move out....xlolx...keeps lousy drivers away from me....xthumbsupx

Lion1983
September 3rd, 2018, 11:01 AM

There's a New Kids on the Block concert the same week in Fargo? It's going to be a halfway decent week then......

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 3rd, 2018, 11:02 AM
tUNA gives us a much tougher challenge than you guys would. ;)

UNA version of the spread moved the ball on SUU and they played a good game.

More than likely it will be a better game compared to Cal Poly but their front 7 on defense better get ready for some hard nose running.

TheKingpin28
September 3rd, 2018, 11:03 AM
This is why I love driving my semi....if some clown is driving crappy a little "flick" of the steering wheel will make the trailer move out....xlolx...keeps lousy drivers away from me....xthumbsupxI have no problem with semi drivers who drive fine. Not one problem at all. But I have seen semis purposefully go 63ish for miles to piss everyone off behind them. That is what grinds my gears. It's like, the left lane is for passing, not blocking traffic.

Gil Dobie
September 3rd, 2018, 11:13 AM
I have no problem with semi drivers who drive fine. Not one problem at all. But I have seen semis purposefully go 63ish for miles to piss everyone off behind them. That is what grinds my gears. It's like, the left lane is for passing, not blocking traffic.

We need a third lane like Florida, where semi's are not allowed. Still see them in the third lane, but usually for quick passing.

Lion1983
September 3rd, 2018, 11:20 AM
Seriously, y'all dont have to have this thread..... we got lucky against SUU, and we have to play Alabama A&M this week and then go to Fargo to see how the very best do it. We have nothing but respect to y'all. Hopefully we dont get injuries to slow us down in the rest of the schedule.

TheKingpin28
September 3rd, 2018, 11:21 AM
We need a third lane like Florida, where semi's are not allowed. Still see them in the third lane, but usually for quick passing.Yes and yes to that

BisonFan02
September 3rd, 2018, 11:26 AM
Seriously, y'all dont have to have this thread..... we got lucky against SUU, and we have to play Alabama A&M this week and then go to Fargo to see how the very best do it. We have nothing but respect to y'all. Hopefully we dont get injuries to slow us down in the rest of the schedule.

Welcome to the NDSU schedule....we game thread everything. Enjoy the ride. :D

POD Knows
September 3rd, 2018, 11:27 AM
Seriously, y'all dont have to have this thread..... we got lucky against SUU, and we have to play Alabama A&M this week and then go to Fargo to see how the very best do it. We have nothing but respect to y'all. Hopefully we dont get injuries to slow us down in the rest of the schedule.Do you know anybody that is coming up to the game. It is a pretty good time up here.

Lion1983
September 3rd, 2018, 11:40 AM
Do you know anybody that is coming up to the game. It is a pretty good time up here.
I have heard several are planning to make the trip. I was trying my best, but could not make it work out because of work. I dont get weekends and holidays off like most do. But I will be watching, hopefully, if peaple dont get sick, hurt, wreck or burn their crap down.......

Tuna85
September 3rd, 2018, 11:40 AM
Alabama St (North Alabama), might be the Bison toughest non-conference game this year.

Alabama State University Hornets are ok by they are not the University of North Alabama Lions. New to FCS so don't have much to gauge by but I hope we do turn out to be your toughest non conference game.

Gil Dobie
September 3rd, 2018, 11:43 AM
Alabama State University Hornets are ok by they are not the University of North Alabama Lions. New to FCS so don't have much to gauge by but I hope we do turn out to be your toughest non conference game.

I see you lost to Jacksonville St in OT in 2013 and by 19 the year they lost to NDSU in the Championship, 2015.

Tuna85
September 3rd, 2018, 11:45 AM
Go big TUNA

I'll second that!

Tuna85
September 3rd, 2018, 11:58 AM
I see you lost to Jacksonville St in OT in 2013 and by 19 the year they lost to NDSU in the Championship, 2015.

We weren't too shabby in D2. Lost to NDSU in D2 championship in 1985 (remember it fairly well). Won it in '93, '94, and '95. Lost it 2015. Now we are FCS with new challenges and opportunities. Took long enough to get here and I'm pretty excited about it. Looking forward to Sept 15 but first a trip to Huntsville, AL to renew an old rivalry from 21 years ago. Dang, I could be getting old!

JSUSoutherner
September 3rd, 2018, 12:43 PM
NDSU by 27.

semobison
September 3rd, 2018, 12:47 PM
We weren't too shabby in D2. Lost to NDSU in D2 championship in 1985 (remember it fairly well). Won it in '93, '94, and '95. Lost it 2015. Now we are FCS with new challenges and opportunities. Took long enough to get here and I'm pretty excited about it. Looking forward to Sept 15 but first a trip to Huntsville, AL to renew an old rivalry from 21 years ago. Dang, I could be getting old!

I remember the 85 title game as well. My 6th and last year at NDSU! :D Yep.....getting old!

JSUSoutherner
September 3rd, 2018, 01:02 PM

The second UNA game was the season after our championship appearance.

Tuna85
September 3rd, 2018, 01:32 PM
The second UNA game was the season after our championship appearance.

Yep and we should've followed your lead then and moved on up ...certainly in '96. Ah well, if wishes were horses, we'd all have a ride. We are here now. Finally!

Lion1983
September 3rd, 2018, 01:35 PM
Yep and we should've followed your lead then and moved on up ...certainly in '96. Ah well, if wishes were horses, we'd all have a ride. We are here now. Finally!

At least the GSC is a tougher conference than the OVC.

Tuna85
September 3rd, 2018, 01:35 PM
I remember the 85 title game as well. My 6th and last year at NDSU! :D Yep.....getting old!

Finished grad school in '85...thanks for that confirmation😉

Tuna85
September 3rd, 2018, 01:38 PM
At least the GSC is a tougher conference than the OVC.

...and I think our Jax State frenimies, having experienced both, would agree...at least when it comes to football.

Lion1983
September 3rd, 2018, 01:41 PM
...and I think our Jax State frenimies, having experienced both, would agree...at least when it comes to football.

Just the older ones who was around. The younger generation of JSU fans only hear stories, and think its exaggerated.

Hammerhead
September 3rd, 2018, 02:07 PM
You are a little older than me. I was a freshman in 1986 and took a bus down to Florence for the D-II championship game.

Gil Dobie
September 3rd, 2018, 02:40 PM
NDSU was 8-3 and finished #23 in the AGS poll in 2004, first year of FCS. 3rd place in the Great West Conference. Cal Poly won the conference.

Looking back, the Fargodome had 18,655 people watching the first game against Valpo. By the end of the seaons, 4112 people watched them beat Weber St. Took a few years before they made the playoffs. Of course there was a NCAA 5 year transition at the time. It was well worth the move. UNA should fit in great with FCS.

Mike296
September 3rd, 2018, 03:15 PM
I’m actually excited for this game, UNA just coming up and they get a taste of top tier competition in FCS play. Good game for both sides. Hoping UNA plays well against NDSU. I’m going to give NDSU the win but I think UNA is going to play this game close.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gil Dobie
September 3rd, 2018, 03:49 PM
Similar to the NDSU at Montana game in 2003. NDSU had announced it's move to I-AA at the time, and pulled off the big upset in Missoula. Don't want to see that, but UNA could be tough.

Lion1983
September 3rd, 2018, 04:13 PM
Similar to the NDSU at Montana game in 2003. NDSU had announced it's move to I-AA at the time, and pulled off the big upset in Missoula. Don't want to see that, but UNA could be tough.

We appreciate the vote of confidence, we are just hoping not to be embarrassed or have injuries. We ain't yall.

Thundar
September 3rd, 2018, 04:27 PM

Yeah, Montana was not at the same level that NDSU currently is, I'm hoping for competitive game, but 1 game under the belt, 2 weeks to study film...don't see it going good for the Lions in that environment

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 3rd, 2018, 04:53 PM
Yeah, Montana was not at the same level that NDSU currently is, I'm hoping for competitive game, but 1 game under the belt, 2 weeks to study film...don't see it going good for the Lions in that environment

This here.

UNA looked good in their win over SUU.....but SUU is not even close to NDSU.

2 weeks of prep for the Bison?

This will be a rout. Looking forward to seeing a new team though.

Laker
September 3rd, 2018, 05:14 PM

I'll be in Mankato for the Concordia game. I love seeing new teams to add to my list- I hope to catch UNA some other time.

cx500d
September 3rd, 2018, 05:17 PM
I'll be in Mankato for the Concordia game. I love seeing new teams to add to my list- I hope to catch UNA some other time.

I saw them in 1985....wasn't that competitive.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 3rd, 2018, 05:21 PM

Awesome.

Ill be out in Bismarck watching Bemidji State take on Mary....this Saturday.

Laker
September 3rd, 2018, 05:21 PM

I'm at 437 colleges now at all levels. It is harder and harder to see new teams, especially with the NSIC having silo scheduling with no non-conference games in football. You have to hope to make the playoffs and play someone new. Last year I saw Midwestern and Commerce in the playoffs.

Tuna85
September 3rd, 2018, 05:23 PM

It wuz what we call a butt whuppin. Hoping we give a better showing.

cx500d
September 3rd, 2018, 05:24 PM

I think you will do fine.

POD Knows
September 3rd, 2018, 05:27 PM
I think our local media needs to hype this game a little bit more. I think most people who are average fans don't even know that UNA beat a pretty decent BSC opponent.

Winterborn
September 3rd, 2018, 05:54 PM
I have a CDL and I can tell you, truckers are way better drivers than the average person driving a car.

Even Swift drivers? :D

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 3rd, 2018, 05:55 PM
I'm at 437 colleges now at all levels. It is harder and harder to see new teams, especially with the NSIC having silo scheduling with no non-conference games in football. You have to hope to make the playoffs and play someone new. Last year I saw Midwestern and Commerce in the playoffs.

437??

Holy cow!!!!

Kudos to you buddy!!

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 3rd, 2018, 05:57 PM
Even Swift drivers? :D

Swift as in fast?

Or adjective for something else....?

Lol

kperk014
September 3rd, 2018, 06:42 PM

Just like with every team, you need to find out how much farther you have to go to win it all. That was our game. I'm sure the Bison had that game as well somewhere along the way.

semobison
September 3rd, 2018, 06:46 PM
You are a little older than me. I was a freshman in 1986 and took a bus down to Florence for the D-II championship game.

I went to McAllen once and Florence once. Great times!

kperk014
September 3rd, 2018, 06:57 PM
This here.

UNA looked good in their win over SUU.....but SUU is not even close to NDSU.

2 weeks of prep for the Bison?

Possibly. However, there will be several players on the field for UNA that have yet to play due to injury. One will be our best running back. Another will be a 6-4 wide receiver who is very "Julio Jones"-ish. He was a four star recruit out of Mississippi. He chose Southern Miss over Mississippi State, Ole Miss and several others. Southern Miss had a coaching change and he didn't want to play for the new staff. With Morris on one side and 6-4 redshirt freshman phenom Dexter Boykin who caught 8 passes for 135 yards and fellow redshirt freshman Jakobi Byrd had six catches for 95 yards, the Lions offense looks potent.

If the somewhat shaky UNA offensive line gels, jr QB Christian Lopez who was 23 of 43 passing for 350 yards and 3 touchdowns and over 500 yards of total offense could give the Bison defense some problems.

kperk014
September 3rd, 2018, 07:09 PM

Yep, due to the 4 year probation, these seasons are just living and learning no matter what we do.

kperk014
September 3rd, 2018, 07:16 PM

Now THAT'S a FAN!

kperk014
September 3rd, 2018, 07:52 PM
I went to McAllen once and Florence once. Great times!

After watching what NDSU has created, a lot of us have had a goal of someday having a home and home series with the Bison. You wouldn't recognize Florence. It has undergone a major revitalization in the past five years! Oh that Muscle Shoals Sound is still here but there's a LOT more entertainment than 1985 or '86. Downtown has transformed into a smaller version of downtown Nashville with many of the same musicians and entertainers and yes, ALCOHOL IS SERVED NOW.

In some of the businesses I've been in, I've seen a steady inflow of people from the frozen north coming for vacation or to live here. We may not be Florida but we are close enough to take a visit there but far enough away to have a ridiculously low cost of living compared to the Gulf Coast. Take a look at the video....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GVisdr88Eo&feature=youtu.be

BisonFan02
September 3rd, 2018, 08:01 PM
After watching what NDSU has created, a lot of us have had a goal of someday having a home and home series with the Bison. You wouldn't recognize Florence. It has undergone a major revitalization in the past five years! Oh that Muscle Shoals Sound is still here but there's a LOT more entertainment than 1985 or '86. Downtown has transformed into a smaller version of downtown Nashville with many of the same musicians and entertainers and yes, ALCOHOL IS SERVED NOW.

In some of the businesses I've been in, I've seen a steady inflow of people from the frozen north coming for vacation or to live here. We may not be Florida but we are close enough to take a visit there but far enough away to have a ridiculously low cost of living compared to the Gulf Coast. Take a look at the video....

I'd do a roadtrip.....I've "technically" been to AL, but it was a quick drive by. You'd have me at the tunes. haha

EDIT: Just looked it up....16hr and 39 min drive....piece of cake.

POD Knows
September 3rd, 2018, 08:18 PM
I'd do a roadtrip.....I've "technically" been to AL, but it was a quick drive by. You'd have me at the tunes. haha

EDIT: Just looked it up....16hr and 39 min drive....piece of cake.Isn't that much further than Frisco and there might actually be something to see on the way down there.

Herder
September 3rd, 2018, 08:22 PM

My Sep . . . from the Twins Cities also:
Sep 1 Game in Fargo
Sep 8 Nephew Wedding, in Fargo. (the kids has good timing at least)
Sep 15 Game in Fargo
Sep 22 Game in Fargo
Sep 29 Game in Fargo

TheKingpin28
September 3rd, 2018, 08:24 PM
Isn't that much further than Frisco and there might actually be something to see on the way down there.

At least 3 Waffle Houses between the Fargo Dome and tUNA, so you got that going for you. xlolx

BisonFan02
September 3rd, 2018, 08:38 PM
https://locations.wafflehouse.com/al-florence-1283

There's a ton of them from St. Louis on......oh yeah..... :D

Derby City Duke
September 3rd, 2018, 09:15 PM

I can parallel park a school bus...CDL drivers are generally the best drivers on the road.

Bisonoline
September 3rd, 2018, 09:28 PM

My kind of town.

BisonBacker
September 4th, 2018, 06:07 AM

Great video. Looks like a really nice place. xthumbsupx

Winterborn
September 4th, 2018, 10:13 AM
Swift as in fast?

Or adjective for something else....?

Lol

SWIFT transportation is a trucking company that is notorious for hiring anybody with a pulse (and sometimes not) to drive their trucks. Let's just say they are not well thought of by over the road truck drivers..... I won't derail the thread anymore but for some laughs Google Swift truck memes.....

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/36/02/88/3602888c411b3086bb7b48cd16cbf55e.jpg

UNAPride
September 4th, 2018, 12:32 PM
Truth be told....I would MUCH rather have the bye week later...either before or during the conf schedule.

You almost did. This game was originally announced for this week. But UNA got a (much-needed) game with Alabama A&M (the most nearby college football team we have).

UNAPride
September 4th, 2018, 12:41 PM
Do you know anybody that is coming up to the game. It is a pretty good time up here.

No one wants eardrum damage from being in that loud gym structure y'all call a dome. :D

POD Knows
September 4th, 2018, 12:44 PM
No one wants eardrum damage from being in that loud gym structure y'all call a dome. :D:D You could have heard a mouse fart in the Cal Poly game, but if your guys show up and bring it and the game is close it can get pretty loud but I think that place has gotten quieter over the years, the students aren't as interested and that seem to be a trend all over.

I think the loudest I have every heard it was during one of the GSU games and one time when we had a very strange call go against us in a game against UNI. It was a weird sensation both times.

TheKingpin28
September 4th, 2018, 12:46 PM
:D You could have heard a mouse fart in the Cal Poly game, but if your guys show up and bring it and the game is close it can get pretty loud but I think that place has gotten quieter over the years, the students aren't as interested and that seem to be a trend all over.

We need another 4th and 3/Goal with a trip to Frisco on the line to get the Fargodome back to where it needs to be.

Professor Chaos
September 4th, 2018, 12:48 PM
Klieman isn't happy about the early bye week either.

I wonder if there was any conversation between UNI and NDSU to move their game up to 9/8? Or maybe that's against MVFC by-laws to play conference games that early but I'd have to think both teams would prefer to have a bye on 10/6 (week 6) as compared to week 2. It looks like that 10/6 game is "Band Day" (whatever that is) but it doesn't seem like it would've been much strain on either team to shuffle the game up a month.

JacksFan40
September 4th, 2018, 12:52 PM
:D You could have heard a mouse fart in the Cal Poly game, but if your guys show up and bring it and the game is close it can get pretty loud but I think that place has gotten quieter over the years, the students aren't as interested and that seem to be a trend all over.

I think the loudest I have every heard it was during one of the GSU games and one time when we had a very strange call go against us in a game against UNI. It was a weird sensation both times.
It's happening all over the NCAA. SDSU is kind of quieter as well even with the new stadium, it's never been Fargo level of noise but CAS got rocking in a big game like USD or NDSU. It's easier for people to just watch the games on TV or online, or just watch the highlights afterwards.

UNAPride
September 4th, 2018, 01:09 PM
It's happening all over the NCAA. SDSU is kind of quieter as well even with the new stadium, it's never been Fargo level of noise but CAS got rocking in a big game like USD or NDSU. It's easier for people to just watch the games on TV or online, or just watch the highlights afterwards.

UNA was also having declining attendance (usually in the TOP 5 of D2) and I think it was one of the reasons for jumping on the ASUN/Big South invite when they did. Hoping new opponents helps change that trend. But, I'm not sure it will for the reasons you gave.

JacksFan40
September 4th, 2018, 01:17 PM
UNA was also having declining attendance (usually in the TOP 5 of D2) and I think it was one of the reasons for jumping on the ASUN/Big South invite when they did. Hoping new opponents helps change that trend. But, I'm not sure it will for the reasons you gave.
I've seen new opponents at SDSU brings smaller crowds sometimes in our OOC games. Drake drew decently since they're only a state away but teams like Robert Morris, Duquense and even in 2014 when we played D3 Wisconsin-Oshkosh, the games aren't that well attended. It happened in the playoffs, in 2012 Eastern Illinois was a pathetic crowd despite it being our first home playoff game ever. Villanova in 2016 was low numbers and so was New Hampshire last year. UNI brought a good crowd but that's a conference foe and closer team. Some had to do with weather but that didn't prevent fans from pouring in for USD in 2014.
Basketball has gone down as well over the years, Frost Arena used to be amazing but now it's meh.

Professor Chaos
September 4th, 2018, 01:38 PM

IMO the loudest roar from the GSU 2012 semifinal game which I think most Bison fans who were there agree is still the clear standard for loudest game ever in the dome: https://youtu.be/pnY2BE3_uCw?t=12m4s

And then the phantom whistle call against UNI in the 2015 quarters and the immediate crowd assisted false start following it: https://youtu.be/gQdPE8f8BJQ?t=1h33m28s

Good times!

POD Knows
September 4th, 2018, 01:39 PM
IMO the loudest roar from the GSU 2012 semifinal game which I think most Bison fans who were there agree is still the clear standard for loudest game ever in the dome: https://youtu.be/pnY2BE3_uCw?t=12m4s (https://youtu.be/pnY2BE3_uCw?t=12m1s)

And then the phantom whistler call against UNI in the 2015 quarters and the immediate crowd assisted false start right after it: https://youtu.be/gQdPE8f8BJQ?t=1h33m28s (https://youtu.be/gQdPE8f8BJQ?t=1h32m51s)

Good times!Yep, those are the two I referenced. Big time noise, almost got vertigo from it.

BEAR
September 4th, 2018, 01:39 PM
Over/under on how many pages this thread goes in the end with nearly two weeks before game day? xlolx 85 is my guess..

BisonFan02
September 4th, 2018, 02:03 PM
IMO the loudest roar from the GSU 2012 semifinal game which I think most Bison fans who were there agree is still the clear standard for loudest game ever in the dome: https://youtu.be/pnY2BE3_uCw?t=12m4s

And then the phantom whistle call against UNI in the 2015 quarters and the immediate crowd assisted false start following it: https://youtu.be/gQdPE8f8BJQ?t=1h33m28s

Good times!

You know its loud when the firework percussion gets distorted. xlolx 2012 GSU is the gold standard....it hasn't been consistently loud since. 1 less student section this year too and the makeup of the crowd has changed the past seasons.

UNAPride
September 4th, 2018, 02:07 PM
Sorry, can't talk anymore. Some Admins feel this site isn't "our cup of tea."

UNAPride out.

BisonFan02
September 4th, 2018, 02:09 PM

UNAPride out.

Harden up. That isn't accurate at all.

UNAPride
September 4th, 2018, 02:10 PM
Harden up. That isn't accurate at all.

I'm just hardening y'all up. You have no idea. xthumbsupx LOL. xlolx

BisonFan02
September 4th, 2018, 02:11 PM

Don't worry too much about me man....I'm a big boy. xlolx

UNAPride
September 4th, 2018, 02:12 PM
Don't worry too much about me man....I'm a big boy. xlolx

I'm huge. lol

Lorne_Malvo
September 4th, 2018, 02:29 PM
I'm huge. lol

Big difference between having a huge dick and being a huge dick. You are the latter.

Lion1983
September 4th, 2018, 02:46 PM
Big difference between having a huge dick and being a huge dick. You are the latter.

He ment he is just a big guy........
UNApride is by no means a dick. He may have just misunderstood what is going on with the poll, in fairness, he was just asking about the rules, and got a sideways answer.

UNAPride
September 4th, 2018, 02:49 PM
He ment he is just a big guy........
UNApride is by no means a dick. He may have just misunderstood what is going on with the poll, in fairness, he was just asking about the rules,Bigo and got a sideways answer.

Thanks. Yes.

- - - Updated - - -

You'll never know. xlolx

Bisonoline
September 4th, 2018, 02:51 PM

So youre a liar? Got it.

UNAPride
September 4th, 2018, 02:52 PM
So youre a liar? Got it.

Say huh?

Bisonoline
September 4th, 2018, 02:55 PM
Say huh?

Your words----

UNAPride out.

And here you are back posting.

Lion1983
September 4th, 2018, 02:55 PM
So youre a liar? Got it.

What are you talking about? Go drink another one.

Bisonoline
September 4th, 2018, 02:56 PM
What are you talking about? Go drink another one.

Dont drink. He said he was leaving. Now hes back posting. Your call.

UNAPride
September 4th, 2018, 02:57 PM
Your words----

UNAPride out.

And here you are back posting.

Ahh, yes.

The results are in Maury.....that was a lie.

- - - Updated - - -

Don't drink. He said he was leaving. Now he's back posting. Your call.

Missing a couple of apostrophes.

BisonFan02
September 4th, 2018, 02:59 PM
Do we have a mini-Georgia Southern in the making? :D

Lion1983
September 4th, 2018, 03:00 PM

Who?

Professor Chaos
September 4th, 2018, 03:01 PM
Let's not get carried away. UNA hasn't even had their #ButtBama moment yet.

BisonFan02
September 4th, 2018, 03:03 PM

#ButtPoll?

UNAPride
September 4th, 2018, 03:04 PM
It's all good. You won't see much of us. I have too many message boards I already frequent.

I'm just trying to rack up enough posts to vote in the poll next season. xthumbsupx

Lorne_Malvo
September 4th, 2018, 04:08 PM
It's all good. You won't see much of us. I have too many message boards I already frequent.

I'm just trying to rack up enough posts to vote in the poll next season. xthumbsupx

Wait till Lakes gets on the UNA forum. Sorry, but it will probably happen.

Bisonoline
September 4th, 2018, 04:10 PM

They have no idea. xlolx

ST_Lawson
September 4th, 2018, 04:26 PM

Oh crap...UNA fans, you have my condolences.

TheKingpin28
September 4th, 2018, 06:47 PM
Wait till Lakes gets on the UNA forum. Sorry, but it will probably happen.That's a depressing thought.

Btw UNA fans, Lakes makes the black sheep look normal. He is in no way affiliated with anything having to do with NDSU.

Southern Bison
September 4th, 2018, 08:12 PM
That's a depressing thought.

Btw UNA fans, Lakes makes the black sheep look normal. He is in no way affiliated with anything having to do with NDSU.

Sent from my SM-J727V using TapatalkLakes has a severe narcissistic Bison complex as well as a napoleonic complex...he's shorter than Kingpin. xpeacex

TheKingpin28
September 4th, 2018, 08:28 PM
Lakes has a severe narcissistic Bison complex as well as a napoleonic complex...he's shorter than Kingpin. xpeacex

Sent from my SM-G930V using TapatalkI'm not that short and can take a punch. Throw one with my left hand, not so much.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 4th, 2018, 08:30 PM
NDSU: 52-6

Tuna85
September 4th, 2018, 08:33 PM

Yeah....sure...

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 4th, 2018, 08:38 PM
Yeah....sure...

Riding high on the SUU win.....

Bison roll UNA.

Southern Bison
September 4th, 2018, 08:39 PM
I'm not that short and can take a punch. Throw one with my left hand, not so much.

Sent from my SM-J727V using TapatalkRelax buddy...now that I've met you, I gotta bust your balls a little.

TheKingpin28
September 4th, 2018, 08:45 PM
Relax buddy...now that I've met you, I gotta bust your balls a little.

Sent from my SM-G930V using TapatalkThat's why I included the note about the left handed punch

UNAPride
September 4th, 2018, 08:49 PM
Oh crap...UNA fans, you have my condolences.

LOL. Thanks for the heads up, y'all! Thankfully, I'm the owner of that site. xthumbsupx

cx500d
September 4th, 2018, 08:56 PM
LOL. Thanks for the heads up, y'all! Thankfully, I'm the owner of that site. xthumbsupx
Good to know, I like to get banned from all those sites also.

Tuna85
September 4th, 2018, 10:01 PM
Riding high on the SUU win.....

Bison roll UNA.

Feel fortunate to have that win. The finish of that game could easily have gone the other way. I think we outplayed them but we may have caught a break at the end to salvage the win.
Newbies in FCS so taking it a week at the time and...well, this ain't yore week. Got to play a rival from long ago when I was just a whippersnapper. I'll see how we do with Alabama A&M and two games of FCS under my hat afore I toss out my prognostication of the momentous outcome of our forthcoming clash in the dome.

BisonBacker
September 4th, 2018, 10:10 PM

Wait till he starts asking about hot female assistants from other teams and if anyone knows her name. xlolx CLASSIC

BisonBacker
September 4th, 2018, 10:10 PM

They have no idea. xlolx

Oh god they aren't ready for that ****show. xlolx

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 4th, 2018, 10:21 PM
Feel fortunate to have that win. The finish of that game could easily have gone the other way. I think we outplayed them but we may have caught a break at the end to salvage the win.
Newbies in FCS so taking it a week at the time and...well, this ain't yore week. Got to play a rival from long ago when I was just a whippersnapper. I'll see how we do with Alabama A&M and two games of FCS under my hat afore I toss out my prognostication of the momentous outcome of our forthcoming clash in the dome.

A & M??

LOL

kperk014
September 4th, 2018, 10:21 PM
Lakes has a severe narcissistic Bison complex as well as a napoleonic complex...he's shorter than Kingpin. xpeacex

If he's no better than thumped....

TheKingpin28
September 4th, 2018, 10:23 PM
Wait till he starts asking about hot female assistants from other teams and if anyone knows her name. xlolx CLASSICOr ball girls with kneepads?

BisonBacker
September 4th, 2018, 10:26 PM

They have no idea. xlolx

Or ball girls with kneepads?

Yeah that's the one I was thinking of LOL. God that was a classic thread. Ursus should stickie that one in the trash can treasures. Or he ought to start a hall of fame thread. That one would be in there Or was that the hall of shame thread LOL.

kperk014
September 4th, 2018, 10:27 PM

Everybody's got their faces buried in an electronic device letting their f'n fingers do the walking. Bunch of zombies.

BisonBacker
September 4th, 2018, 10:27 PM
Ugh VBulletin and the multi quote from a previous post!

TheKingpin28
September 4th, 2018, 10:28 PM
Yeah that's the one I was thinking of LOL. God that was a classic thread. Ursus should stickie that one in the trash can treasures. Or he ought to start a hall of fame thread. That one would be in there Or was that the hall of shame thread LOL.Followed by the "no cops" post/thread?

BigDGarciaFan was one for the ages.

kperk014
September 4th, 2018, 10:36 PM
Good to know, I like to get banned from all those sites also.

Somebody after my own heart. I've been booted from facebook seven times and many other sites even when I'm agreeing with them! It's a gift... and a curse.xeyebrowx

Tuna85
September 4th, 2018, 10:39 PM
A & M??
LOL

Yeah, I know. Traditionally they have not done so well and we own the W vs L against them by a good margin. That being said every dog has it's day and even a blind squirrel will occasionally find an acorn under the tree. Based on our past history the score should be us 52 them 6 or somesuch similar...hmm.

Derby City Duke
September 7th, 2018, 11:58 AM
Thought the 2016 semi-final was exceptionally loud. We only amassed about 100 false start penalties (95 of them on Chavous [#68])...

Professor Chaos
September 7th, 2018, 12:06 PM
Thought the 2016 semi-final was exceptionally loud. We only amassed about 100 false start penalties (95 of them on Chavous [#68])...
There was a few times the crowd was ready to blow the top off the place I think before JMU silenced us. The main one was the 3rd and long bomb TD that gave JMU the 10 point late in the game.

Honestly, as a fan that game felt a lot like the Georgia Southern 2012 semi-final did... the Bison were kind of getting pushed around in both games but the difference was in 2012 the home team made the plays to win it at the end instead of the road team. I still remember thinking at the end of that GSU game in 2012 "How the **** did they win that game???" Probably would've felt the same way had NDSU figured out how to beat JMU in that game 2 years ago.

Derby City Duke
September 7th, 2018, 02:09 PM
There was a few times the crowd was ready to blow the top off the place I think before JMU silenced us. The main one was the 3rd and long bomb TD that gave JMU the 10 point late in the game.

Honestly, as a fan that game felt a lot like the Georgia Southern 2012 semi-final did... the Bison were kind of getting pushed around in both games but the difference was in 2012 the home team made the plays to win it at the end instead of the road team. I still remember thinking at the end of that GSU game in 2012 "How the **** did they win that game???" Probably would've felt the same way had NDSU figured out how to beat JMU in that game 2 years ago.

Thought the top DID come off when you guys thought you had the sack that was negated by the JMU time out. That was just before our kicker hit his career-long 46 yarder to give us the lead (prior to that kick his long was 33...). Houston was pissed because Schor got leveled, but NOBODY could hear the whistle -- even ESPN's broadcast equipment didn't pick it up.

Professor Chaos
September 7th, 2018, 03:35 PM
Thought the top DID come off when you guys thought you had the sack that was negated by the JMU time out. That was just before our kicker hit his career-long 46 yarder to give us the lead (prior to that kick his long was 33...). Houston was pissed because Schor got leveled, but NOBODY could hear the whistle -- even ESPN's broadcast equipment didn't pick it up.
Oh, I was pissed about that too. I remember going back and looking at the replay and the shotgun snap was almost to Schor's hands before the sideline official made any sort of movement indicating that he was acknowledging a timeout. IIRC there was also a lined up offsides call sprinkled in there that I thought was very questionable from that same official. Gah… bad memories! :)

Regardless, the team that deserved to win that game did.

UNAPride
September 8th, 2018, 08:56 PM
FINAL: UNA 25, AL A&M 20

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 9th, 2018, 07:58 PM
UNI 2011 and probably GSU 2012 are the 2 loudest I've been to.

Oh ya, Bison still rout this team.

Gil Dobie
September 9th, 2018, 08:59 PM
UNI 2011 and probably GSU 2012 are the 2 loudest I've been to.

Oh ya, Bison still rout this team.

UNI 2015 playoffs was loud.

Bisonoline
September 9th, 2018, 09:00 PM
GSU + both UNIs also but GSU was a different level.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 9th, 2018, 09:05 PM

Ya, that was a good one.

I've been to most home games since 2004 and I guess it gets hard to remember the loudest. Many games get really loud at times.

Gil Dobie
September 9th, 2018, 09:16 PM
UNA top 25 team at 2-0?

Mike296
September 9th, 2018, 09:17 PM
UNA top 25 team at 2-0?

If they were eligible for AGS poll absolutely, I’d give them a nod at 20-25 area

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Formerly known as Killamike259

WestCoastAggie
September 9th, 2018, 09:24 PM
UNA top 25 team at 2-0?

IDK. Southern Utah seems to be overrated this year, and they struggled with an average SWAC team.

They will definitely be a force once they get their FCS legs under them.

andthehomeofthe-BIZON-
September 9th, 2018, 10:05 PM
IDK. Southern Utah seems to be overrated this year, and they struggled with an average SWAC team.

They will definitely be a force once they get their FCS legs under them.

They pass JSU as the Dominant team in the area in 3....2....1.....

Lion1983
September 10th, 2018, 06:42 AM
They pass JSU as the Dominant team in the area in 3....2....1.....

Lol....we didn't have to go to FCS to do that........

Bison56
September 10th, 2018, 06:51 AM
Lol....we didn't have to go to FCS to do that........

xpopcornx

gregatim
September 10th, 2018, 10:32 AM

That was the "whistle in the stands call" game wasn't it?

Hammerhead
September 10th, 2018, 03:33 PM
Looking forward to good game. Even D-II Ferris State was better than some of our FCS opponents in recent years.

Professor Chaos
September 10th, 2018, 04:22 PM
The Bison open as 36.5 point favorite with an O/U of 51.5 on 5dimes. So they're expecting a score somewhere in the vicinity of 43-9.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 10th, 2018, 06:09 PM
The Bison open as 36.5 point favorite with an O/U of 51.5 on 5dimes. So they're expecting a score somewhere in the vicinity of 43-9.

Coach K will take the foot off the pedal like he normally does in these games.

A lot of players will get reps.

BisonFan02
September 11th, 2018, 12:36 AM

tUNA might cover that.

AmsterBison
September 11th, 2018, 07:11 AM
Gotta like UNA's receivers.

TheRevSFA
September 11th, 2018, 07:23 AM
Good, let's get this game over with so people stop talking about ranking tUNA

Lion1983
September 11th, 2018, 09:39 AM
Good, let's get this game over with so people stop talking about ranking tUNA

So, nobody but NDSU should be ranked?

TheKingpin28
September 11th, 2018, 09:43 AM

Now you're learning... xcoffeex

h5322rsh
September 12th, 2018, 03:07 PM

Enjoy your trip to Fargo is you are going that way. The weather is still nice up here and they play indoors. UNA seems to be off to a good start. I would not feel bad if you guys pull an upset.

AmsterBison
September 12th, 2018, 04:46 PM
Two things:
NDSU had no business beating Montana in 2003.
UNA looks like a better team than NDSU was in 2003.

Lion1983
September 12th, 2018, 04:51 PM
Enjoy your trip to Fargo is you are going that way. The weather is still nice up here and they play indoors. UNA seems to be off to a good start. I would not feel bad if you guys pull an upset.
I wish I could visit, could not get off work. Although we would be extremely ecstatic if we pulled of the upset, we are realistic and understand what we face, we do not expect to come out with a win. But the team is confident, so there is that.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 12th, 2018, 09:18 PM
Two things:

Of course you think that.

Rod Malone had a lucky day and so did the OL....xrolleyesx

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 12th, 2018, 09:20 PM
UNA's head coach was on 1660 today.

Seems like a real good coach and is no-nonsense, calls it the way he sees it.

Called NDSU...."the Alabama of the FCS"....xthumbsupx

He thinks the Bison OL is really good. He hopes the Lions speed can help negate the big size advantage NDSU has.

Southern Bison
September 12th, 2018, 09:26 PM
UNA's head coach was on 1660 today.

Seems like a real good coach and is no-nonsense, calls it the way he sees it.

Called NDSU...."the Alabama of the FCS"....xthumbsupx

He thinks the Bison OL is really good. He hopes the Lions speed can help negate the big size advantage NDSU has.Ahh...the ol' Southern Speed theory.

cx500d
September 12th, 2018, 09:45 PM
Of course you think that.

Rod Malone had a lucky day and so did the OL....xrolleyesx

4:50 - 5:05

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHHUyBCi9Jc

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 12th, 2018, 09:45 PM
Ahh...the ol' Southern Speed theory.

It was a good interview. I like him. He was realistic though. NDSU is going to manhandle them in the trenches...both sides of the ball.

Lion1983
September 12th, 2018, 09:47 PM
Ahh...the ol' Southern Speed theory.

He never said "Southern Speed" he was just pointing out that is our only hope at making this as competitive as we can. He understands what we are up against. We are just proud to be in the presence of greatness

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 12th, 2018, 09:49 PM
4:50 - 5:05

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHHUyBCi9Jc

"No business" winning is total bull**it. Swing and a miss Tony....xrolleyesx

Steffes went for over 100 and Malone ground out tough yards. Stauss had a good day also.

Southern Bison
September 12th, 2018, 09:49 PM
He never said "Southern Speed" he was just pointing out that is our only hope at making this as competitive as we can. He understands what we are up against. We are just proud to be in the presence of greatnessYou don't know the AGS history of teams from the South and their speed that would supposedly destroy the Bison (ala 2011 GaSo). It is a legendary thread for you to peruse through.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 12th, 2018, 09:51 PM
He never said "Southern Speed" he was just pointing out that is our only hope at making this as competitive as we can. He understands what we are up against. We are just proud to be in the presence of greatness

This here.

He hopes their speed can help balance the size advantage the Bison have.

I'm looking forward to watching UNA....although they are another spread team......which is fine but that is all we see now in college football.

Scooter
September 13th, 2018, 12:25 AM
I'm curious as to what UNA does to stop Anderson, Dunn and Brooks.

This game is a huge step up in competition for UNA. I hope their QB is at 100% by game time.

kperk014
September 13th, 2018, 12:48 AM
You don't know the AGS history of teams from the South and their speed that would supposedly destroy the Bison (ala 2011 GaSo). It is a legendary thread for you to peruse through.

Unfortunately more and more of the Southern speed non-SEC teams used to get is being spirited away by Ohio State, Michigan, State Penn, Nebraska, Oklahoma etc. What they don't get, the group of five has first pick.

kperk014
September 13th, 2018, 12:53 AM

This game is a huge step up in competition for UNA. I hope their QB is at 100% by game time.

Our defense was terrible against a team named SUU and terrible in the first half against A&M. The second half they played much better. Hopefully they will continue to improve but I don't think we will improve enough by Saturday.

NDSU_grad
September 13th, 2018, 09:31 AM
Two things:
That Montana team lost in the first round of the playoffs. This NDSU team is being compared to arguably the greatest team in FCS history (the 2013 Bison).

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 13th, 2018, 09:34 AM
That Montana team lost in the first round of the playoffs. This NDSU team is being compared to arguably the greatest team in FCS history (the 2013 Bison).

IMO, this OL is better but we'll have to see how the rest of the season plays out.

I bet the Bison could run the ball every play tomorrow if they wanted to. But give Delaware and SDSU something more to scheme for....:)

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 13th, 2018, 09:54 AM
Just watched highlights of Alabama A & M and North Alabama from last week.

NDSU's OL will dominate the front 7 of UNA. If they blitz a lot they will give huge chunks of yards to Anderson/Dunn/Brooks.

A & M was bad.

NDSU dominates UNA.

deez_na
September 13th, 2018, 12:37 PM
Late reply but I saw somebody mention a Julio Jonesish from North Alabama, Mayville State has a kid that's 6'-5", 210lb WR. He has 33 receptions for 452 yards and 7 TD's through 3 games. He needs to transfer but I imagine it's a grades issue.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 14th, 2018, 06:09 PM
http://inforum.com/sports/football/4498951-backups-stand-tall-bison-defense-season-opener

NDSU has 24 seniors this year but there will not be much of a letdown in the future.

Ton of talent coming up.

POD Knows
September 14th, 2018, 06:28 PM
I am not going to be happy unless this is 70 to nothing. They better not score a point or get a first down.

Tuna85
September 14th, 2018, 07:11 PM
I am not going to be happy unless this is 70 to nothing. They better not score a point or get a first down.

Now, now...I feel the same way about if we ever play Incarnate Word but they earned it. We will do our best against NDSU. Like you folks, it's not in our DNA to just lay down and roll over. Don't think you would want it to be any other way.

dbackjon
September 14th, 2018, 07:52 PM

They are close to Muscle Shoals and the Swampmen - they can probably handle the country artists pretty well.

X-Factor
September 14th, 2018, 08:05 PM
http://inforum.com/sports/football/4498951-backups-stand-tall-bison-defense-season-opener

NDSU has 24 seniors this year but there will not be much of a letdown in the future.

Ton of talent coming up.

Yeah. For pretty much every position you can already go around and pencil in who will likely be the starters for 2019 and that team is looking pretty damn good, and that is without knowing how much improvement those guys will have in 2018 or breakout surprises. QB will obviously be the big one to watch. Lance vs Hotchkiss... good times!! WR a bit unknown...but talent there for once!

We just happen to have a potential all-time team to watch this year. We shall see if it materializes on the field.

POD Knows
September 14th, 2018, 08:11 PM
Now, now...I feel the same way about if we ever play Incarnate Word but they earned it. We will do our best against NDSU. Like you folks, it's not in our DNA to just lay down and roll over. Don't think you would want it to be any other way.
Actually I expect decent game. My post is sort of inside joke. I expect a decent game. I picked
NDSU but I think it will be a good game I didn’t mean any disrespect in my post. I expect the Bison to beat everyone by 70.

Tuna85
September 14th, 2018, 08:30 PM
Actually I expect decent game. My post is sort of inside joke. I expect a decent game. I picked
NDSU but I think it will be a good game I didn’t mean any disrespect in my post. I expect the Bison to beat everyone by 70.

No disrespect taken...all in fun. Looking forward to the game. Will be streaming it through ESPN+ here in Bama with the kids and grands. Figure to grill some burgers while watching the game. Looking forward to this game against a great program.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 14th, 2018, 08:33 PM

I'm still calling this score for tomorrow. Coach K will not run up the score.

UNA has some good athletes but NDSU way overmatches them on both lines.

Hopefully no injuries for both teams.

Bisonoline
September 14th, 2018, 09:33 PM
They are close to Muscle Shoals and the Swampmen - they can probably handle the country artists pretty well.

xlolxxthumbsupx

cx500d
September 14th, 2018, 09:40 PM
I think its going to be a lot closer...No more than a 14 point spread.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 14th, 2018, 09:43 PM
I think its going to be a lot closer...No more than a 14 point spread.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=28804&stc=1

Interesting.

What makes you think this?

grayghost06
September 14th, 2018, 09:45 PM

xlolxxthumbsupx

Immortalized on "Sweet Home Alabama"!

cx500d
September 14th, 2018, 09:57 PM
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=28804&stc=1

Interesting.

What makes you think this?

My normal worrywart intuition.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 14th, 2018, 10:20 PM
My normal worrywart intuition.

You going to be a "woorywart" next weekend too??:D

To get you going.....NDSU is going to rout Delaware also....:D

cx500d
September 14th, 2018, 10:22 PM
You going to be a "woorywart" next weekend too??:D

To get you going.....NDSU is going to rout Delaware also....:D

probably....

kperk014
September 14th, 2018, 11:15 PM
If Sam Phillips, Rick Hall and Jerry Wexler hadn't died, we could at least scare the hell outta you. They were some spooky dudes. 75 year old Spooner Oldham could whip a fair-sized man with his ears alone while playing the organ.

cx500d
September 14th, 2018, 11:22 PM
If Sam Phillips, Rick Hall and Jerry Wexler hadn't died, we could at least scare the hell outta you. They were some spooky dudes. 75 year old Spooner Oldham could whip a fair-sized man with his ears alone while playing the organ.
Is he Kim wexler’s father?

Scooter
September 15th, 2018, 01:17 AM
Seriously, I'm glad UNA made the move. They have the support and history to become a factor down south in a short time. I think they will be a top 20 team within the next few years on a consistent basis. They will certainly get an idea as to what progress they need to make to contend. Good luck to UNA on your move.
Oh...NDSU 45 UNA 13

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 15th, 2018, 05:43 AM
GameDay for the Bison!!

UNA is going to have trouble with NDSU's power running game coming right at them. Bad match up for UNA in this game. NDSU's front 7 will shut down that offense.

UNA will be fine in the FCS especially in their new conference. Kennesaw and UNA will battle it out for the top position most years IMO. Today they get a nice welcome to the FCS...:D

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 15th, 2018, 06:10 AM
I like UNA's head coach:

http://inforum.com/sports/football/4499807-one-one-north-alabama-head-coach-chris-willis

The Kicker
September 15th, 2018, 07:20 AM
I like the way UNA is playing and is a strong program. Like they are playing NDSU. I remember the confidence NDSU fans had after their first few years in FCS and sure enough that program turned into a monster. I think UNA has a bright future ahead of them. I could see them cracking the top 20 this year even. To bad we have to wait 5 years to see them in the playoffs. Will be interesting to see how they hold up vs NDSU. I think they will be in this game well into the 3rd Q. In the end NDSU will pull away but I'm calling a score of 35-17 with it being 14-10 at the half.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 15th, 2018, 07:44 AM
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=28809&stc=1

Bison flag proudly flying in NW MN: Ready for GameDay!

GO BISON

dewey
September 15th, 2018, 08:03 AM
Happy Gameday!

My prediction
NDSU 52
UNA 10

Kudos to UNAfor taking on the challenge of coming to Fargo. Good luck to the Lions the rest of the season and in their transition into the FCS.

Deweyhttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180915/5f33b9906e339599ce8c40a9d965913a.jpg

Lion1983
September 15th, 2018, 08:48 AM
I like the way UNA is playing and is a strong program. Like they are playing NDSU. I remember the confidence NDSU fans had after their first few years in FCS and sure enough that program turned into a monster. I think UNA has a bright future ahead of them. I could see them cracking the top 20 this year even. To bad we have to wait 5 years to see them in the playoffs. Will be interesting to see how they hold up vs NDSU. I think they will be in this game well into the 3rd Q. In the end NDSU will pull away but I'm calling a score of 35-17 with it being 14-10 at the half.

It's going to be hard for UNA to get in the top 25 after today.....5 d2 games will hinder that and not to mention the uncertainty of rescheduling another FCS or FBS game to replace Insecure Word. But thanks for the vote of confidence.

UpstateBison
September 15th, 2018, 08:54 AM
I like UNA's head coach:

http://inforum.com/sports/football/4499807-one-one-north-alabama-head-coach-chris-willis

I agree. He says all the right things on building a program and I think UNA will be very successful in the FCS. Just not today.

dewey
September 15th, 2018, 09:45 AM
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=28809&stc=1

Bison flag proudly flying in NW MN: Ready for GameDay!

GO BISONGreat idea. Bison flags from home on gameday.

Here is ours with not even the slightest of breeze.

Go Bison!

Deweyhttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180915/b31f4c050ce627ab0e88e26ac93adf85.jpg

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 15th, 2018, 09:56 AM
Dewey: Your home must be right on the outskirts of whichever suburb you are in. Away from all the riff/raff?? xthumbsupx

Looks like you would have deer coming thru your yard also.

One of my neighbors has a German Shepard.....it chased down a coyote on the edge of town close to my house and killed it...xthumbsupx....good dog!!

The Kicker
September 15th, 2018, 10:00 AM
It's going to be hard for UNA to get in the top 25 after today.....5 d2 games will hinder that and not to mention the uncertainty of rescheduling another FCS or FBS game to replace Insecure Word. But thanks for the vote of confidence.

Depends on how UNA plays today. If it's a good game it will open a lot of eyes. Finish with 8 or more wins and you will see some votes even with a lot of D2 games.

POD Knows
September 15th, 2018, 10:12 AM
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=28816&stc=1

No wind today, another nice Saturday for an outdoor game but, oh well, off to tailgating. xdrunkyx

cx500d
September 15th, 2018, 10:14 AM
Great idea. Bison flags from home on gameday.

Here is ours with not even the slightest of breeze.

Go Bison!

Deweyhttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180915/b31f4c050ce627ab0e88e26ac93adf85.jpg

that is a good flying day...

caribbeanhen
September 15th, 2018, 10:40 AM

No wind today, another nice Saturday for an outdoor game but, oh well, off to tailgating. xdrunkyx

The Burbs ..... Webster that picture

- - - Updated - - -

POD Knows
September 15th, 2018, 10:50 AM

- - - Updated - - -

The Burbs ..... Webster that pictureI live in the hood, I roll with the East Side Mafia or ESM's for short.

cx500d
September 15th, 2018, 10:51 AM
I live in the hood, I roll with the East Side Mafia or ESM's for short.
I thought you were with the BBD

dewey
September 15th, 2018, 01:26 PM
Dewey: Your home must be right on the outskirts of whichever suburb you are in. Away from all the riff/raff?? xthumbsupx

Looks like you would have deer coming thru your yard also.

One of my neighbors has a German Shepard.....it chased down a coyote on the edge of town close to my house and killed it...xthumbsupx....good dog!!

I live in one of the suburbs, Shoreciew, north of St Paul. We have a wildlife area across from us (background of photo) and a small lake in our backyard.

We get plenty of deer, osprey, bald eagles, turkeys and we even get to hear the coyotes howling at night.

Go Bison!

Dewey

caribbeanhen
September 15th, 2018, 01:29 PM
I live in the hood, I roll with the East Side Mafia or ESM's for short.

yea right, you are totally paranoid of guidos....

kperk014
September 15th, 2018, 02:23 PM

Sound but no picturd. HELP

POD Knows
September 15th, 2018, 02:32 PM
I self identify as an Irish Italian hoodlum.

POD Knows
September 15th, 2018, 02:33 PM
Second light issue at the Fargo dome in the last two games. They need
to get their **** together. This is not acceptable. We demand perfection.

DEX
September 15th, 2018, 02:34 PM
Love that Blind Joe intro!

cx500d
September 15th, 2018, 02:39 PM
Why does that UNA center wear a dress?

IBleedYellow
September 15th, 2018, 02:40 PM
Love that Blind Joe intro!Words I never thought I'd read.

Blind Joe is awesome though.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

cx500d
September 15th, 2018, 02:45 PM
Not a good first showing, but what an improvement in the punter this year.

dewey
September 15th, 2018, 02:48 PM
Dropped punt and Bison recovers at UNA 1.

Go Bison!

Dewey

Southern Bison
September 15th, 2018, 02:49 PM
Why does that UNA center wear a dress?

That is one big hoss...

Bad snap on a punt for UNA and the Bison recover at the 3-yd line!

cx500d
September 15th, 2018, 02:50 PM
7-0 NDSU, 9:33 1Q

dewey
September 15th, 2018, 02:50 PM
Touchdown BRUCE!

Dewey

Lorne_Malvo
September 15th, 2018, 02:51 PM
That is one big hoss...

Bad snap on a punt for UNA and the Bison recover at the 3-yd line!

Mostly fat. No offense to the guy. He will be out of gas by halftime.

dewey
September 15th, 2018, 02:55 PM
The Bison defensive line is dominating early.

Dewey

cx500d
September 15th, 2018, 02:55 PM
UNA QB absorbing a lot of hits

Southern Bison
September 15th, 2018, 02:56 PM
Not a good first showing, but what an improvement in the punter this year.

The boys just needed to break off the bye week rust. Defense is owning the LOS now.

POD Knows
September 15th, 2018, 02:58 PM
Offense looks like **** so far.

Lorne_Malvo
September 15th, 2018, 02:58 PM
NDSU O looks like ****.

- - - Updated - - -

Jinx

dewey
September 15th, 2018, 02:59 PM
Come on Dunn! Hold onto the freaking ball.

Bring the pain now defense.

Dewey

dewey
September 15th, 2018, 03:05 PM
Lopez is being beaten like a government mule.

He will hurt tomorrow.

Dewey

DEX
September 15th, 2018, 03:06 PM
No way the UNA qb is gonna finish this game.

Professor Chaos
September 15th, 2018, 03:10 PM
When did Brent Vigen come back as the Bison OC?

POD Knows
September 15th, 2018, 03:11 PM
Brutal on offense so far but this looks like a pretty decent defensive team

geaux_sioux
September 15th, 2018, 03:13 PM
NDSU going toe to toe so far with powerhouse North Alabama

dewey
September 15th, 2018, 03:15 PM
Good first quarter by the UNA defense and the NDSU defense.

Dewey

The Kicker
September 15th, 2018, 03:16 PM
Can hear a pin drop in the dome on both sides of the ball. UNA is in this game other than gift wrapping the ball at the 3 yd line. Like I said this team can play. Let's see how long they can make a game out of this.

Professor
September 15th, 2018, 03:19 PM
North Alabama seems to be playing better than they did last week against Alabama A&M

POD Knows
September 15th, 2018, 03:24 PM
Terrible PI call on UNA
NDSU better pull their heads out.