PDA

View Full Version : Lafayette at Delaware 9/8/18 game

CHIP72
September 3rd, 2018, 08:44 AM
Both teams will be looking to lick their wounds after opening season losses. Delaware was surprised at home by Rhode Island 21-19 as the Blue Hens were victimized by URI's big 3rd quarter and couldn't complete their comeback, while Lafayette was outclassed in Connecticut by Sacred Heart 35-6. This will be Delaware's second of three straight home games to open the season, while the Leopards will play in the second of their back-to-back road games that began their 2018 schedule. Despite their opening week home loss, the Blue Hens will probably (deservedly) be big favorites in this game against a Lafayette squad that has suffered through a down stretch in recent years.

This game will be televised by the Lafayette Sports Network, and be available for viewing on RCN Cable in various markets, over-the-air WBPH Channel 60 in the Lehigh Valley, the Mid-Atlantic Sports Network (MASN) in the Baltimore and Washington, DC areas, and worldwide via stream on ESPN3.

Gangtackle11
September 3rd, 2018, 09:01 AM
Delaware names the score.

superman7515
September 3rd, 2018, 09:10 AM
Delaware names the score.

Considering a few of the scores we've named the last few years (Rhode Island x2, Jacksonville, Sacred Heart), I hope they don't get that idea in their head.

caribbeanhen
September 3rd, 2018, 09:10 AM
Both teams will be looking to lick their wounds after opening season losses. Delaware was surprised at home by Rhode Island 21-19 as the Blue Hens were victimized by URI's big 3rd quarter and couldn't complete their comeback, while Lafayette was outclassed in Connecticut by Sacred Heart 35-6. This will be Delaware's second of three straight home games to open the season, while the Leopards will play in the second of their back-to-back road games that began their 2018 schedule. Despite their opening week home loss, the Blue Hens will probably (deservedly) be big favorites in this game against a Lafayette squad that has suffered through a down stretch in recent years.

This game will be televised by the Lafayette Sports Network, and be available for viewing on RCN Cable in various markets, over-the-air WBPH Channel 60 in the Lehigh Valley, the Mid-Atlantic Sports Network (MASN) in the Baltimore and Washington, DC areas, and worldwide via stream on ESPN3.

a third quarter where one of the best WR's in the CAA played after serving his first half suspension and kind of took over the game plan, Rhode Islands #6 Aaron Parker is a real threat.... Didnt look like Rocca and crew had the right answers after Rhode went to the air in the 3rd quarter.....

Delaware needs to find a NT that can anchor the DL as well....

CHIP72
September 3rd, 2018, 09:11 AM
I plan to attend this game, and I have never attended a game at Delaware Stadium. I have some questions for Delaware fans and other people who have attended games at Delaware Stadium:

1) How much does parking cost, and where are the best lots to park for people coming from I-95 MD Exit 109 (the Newark/Elkton) exit? My preference is to arrive/leave via DE Route 4 on the south side of the stadium coming from/going to Elkton Road/MD Route 279.

2) It appears from looking at the Delaware website that small/medium-sized tote bags are OK. Is this correct?

3) It appears from looking at the Delaware website that people can bring their own stadium chairs/seatbacks or seat cushions with them. Is this correct?

4) It appears from looking at the Delaware website that umbrellas are not permitted and people will need to bring ponchos if it rains. Is this correct?

5) Are any seats covered (I'm guessing no)? On which side of the field does each team have their benches? (I'll probably try to sit on the west side of the stadium regardless where the teams sit so that the sun is behind me, assuming it is sunny on Saturday.)

Any feedback to my questions would be appreciated.

superman7515
September 3rd, 2018, 09:15 AM
I plan to attend this game, and I have never attended a game at Delaware Stadium. I have some questions for Delaware fans and other people who have attended games at Delaware Stadium:

1) How much does parking cost, and where are the best lots to park for people coming from I-95 MD Exit 109 (the Newark/Elkton) exit? My preference is to arrive/leave via DE Route 4 on the south side of the stadium coming from/going to Elkton Road/MD Route 279.

2) It appears from looking at the Delaware website that small/medium-sized tote bags are OK. Is this correct?

3) It appears from looking at the Delaware website that people can bring their own stadium chairs/seatbacks or seat cushions with them. Is this correct?

4) It appears from looking at the Delaware website that umbrellas are not permitted and people will need to bring ponchos if it rains. Is this correct?

5) Are any seats covered (I'm guessing no)? On which side of the field does each team have their benches? (I'll probably try to sit on the west side of the stadium regardless where the teams sit so that the sun is behind me, assuming it is sunny on Saturday.)

Any feedback to my questions would be appreciated.

1) Set your GPS for:
52 Sanford Drive
Newark, DE 19713

Don't block the driveway, park for free, you're 30 seconds to Rt 4.

2) Bags are fine, don't have to be the clear ones like NFL games, but they will ask to look inside.

3) Yes you can bring your own seat backs.

4) No umbrellas, yes ponchos. People behind you paid to see the game also.

5) No seats are covered, home is West, visiting bench is East.

Pards Rule
September 3rd, 2018, 10:20 AM
1) Set your GPS for:
52 Sanford Drive
Newark, DE 19713

2) Bags are fine, don't have to be the clear ones like NFL games, but they will ask to look inside.

Thanks Superman..I plan on going too! Trash bags purloined from tailgates (just empty trash as I did in 2016) in lieu of ponchos also permitted!

carney2
September 3rd, 2018, 11:36 AM
The game will be available on my TV. I won't even bother to turn it on.

melloware13
September 3rd, 2018, 12:06 PM
Considering a few of the scores we've named the last few years (Rhode Island x2, Jacksonville, Sacred Heart), I hope they don't get that idea in their head.
Even the last two against Lafayette (while wins) were bad examples of naming a score

superman7515
September 7th, 2018, 08:19 AM
Newark Pop Warner - 24
Easton Mighty Mites - 13

Derby City Duke
September 7th, 2018, 10:44 AM
1) Set your GPS for:
52 Sanford Drive
Newark, DE 19713

You will need the poncho rain or shine -- self protection from the famous pee wall! xpeacex

MR. CHICKEN
September 7th, 2018, 12:10 PM

.......SACRED HEART....IS PICKED DEAD LAST.....IN NEC......BAH......STREET & SMITH (MAH GO TO BIBLE)......ONE UH YOUNGEST SQWADS......AN'...HAS OWN-LAH WON 3 LEAGUE GAMES IN LAST 2 YEARS.....&....DEY SUCKED DUH SPOTS....OFFAH DUH PARDS......SO.......DESPITE HENS....PENCHANT.....FO' DROPPED PASSES....AN' FUMBLES.....BAD SNAPS & CLOCK ISSUES.......YOU-DEE.....COOD HIT 3 DIGITS ON SATURDAY........AN'....SCARE DUH FUR OFFAH......DEM BIZONSSSSS...INNA COUPLE WEEKS..........AWK!

Gangtackle11
September 7th, 2018, 12:20 PM
.......SACRED HEART....IS PICKED DEAD LAST.....IN NEC......BAH......STREET & SMITH (MAH GO TO BIBLE)......ONE UH YOUNGEST SQWADS......AN'...HAS OWN-LAH WON 3 LEAGUE GAMES IN LAST 2 YEARS.....&....DEY SUCKED DUH SPOTS....OFFAH DUH PARDS......SO.......DESPITE HENS....PENCHANT.....FO' DROPPED PASSES....AN' FUMBLES.....BAD SNAPS & CLOCK ISSUES.......YOU-DEE.....COOD HIT 3 DIGITS ON SATURDAY........AN'....SCARE DUH FUR OFFAH......DEM BIZONSSSSS...INNA COUPLE WEEKS..........AWK!

Yes. Mr. CHICKEN. Mrs. CHICKEN isn’t the only one laying eggs. This Leopard can too!!! Doodle -doo!!

MR. CHICKEN
September 7th, 2018, 12:25 PM
...AH'LL HAVE...ONE EYE....ON.....LEHIGH/'NOVA.........TA SEE IFIN'...YER KICKER......WINS IT.......xdontknowx......AWK

KPSUL
September 7th, 2018, 06:37 PM
You will need the poncho rain or shine -- self protection from the famous pee wall! xpeacex

Also if you have an aisle seat, particularly in the 2nd half when the guys behind you are making their 15th roundtrip to the Beer Garden. xdrunkyx

Pards Rule
September 8th, 2018, 09:07 AM
Poncho will be required today it seems! Ready for departure to Newark, DE now!

MR. CHICKEN
September 8th, 2018, 09:09 AM
.........IT'S....... WEAR BLUE DAY.......FORTUNATELAH........SOME HENS PONCHO'S......ARE BLUE............AWQ!

....WATCH DUH PONDIN'.......ON 76 & 95..........BRAWK!

Pard4Life
September 8th, 2018, 10:52 AM
Lafayette vs Lehigh today... who will get more spectacularly demolished??

CHIP72
September 8th, 2018, 03:37 PM
Lafayette vs Lehigh today... who will get more spectacularly demolished??

Based on what I’m seeing here at Delaware Stadium, I’d go with the Leopards, notwithstanding Lehigh’s 31-9 loss. The Blue Hens lead 21-0 late in the 1st half. Delaware’s QB has looked very good. The only positive for the Leopards has been their punter, who’s had numerous excellent punts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 8th, 2018, 04:22 PM
Delaware 28 Lafayette 0 7:20 3Q

I honestly think Lafayette might have been under Tavani.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 8th, 2018, 05:03 PM
35-0 Delaware 5:47 4Q

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 8th, 2018, 05:16 PM
Delaware with a safety!

Hens 37-0 1:08 4Q

caribbeanhen
September 8th, 2018, 05:31 PM
Kehoe a bright spot for the Hens..... nice to see some passing game in Newark finally...... tip of the cap to WR Vinnie Papale

superman7515
September 8th, 2018, 07:58 PM
Last week was the first time a UD QB passed for more than 200 yards in a game since Villanova in the final game of 2014.

Today, they did it again, marking the first time that UD has had a QB pass for 200+ yards in back-to-back games since 9/13 and 9/27/2014 against Colgate and James Madison.

So some progress there. Lafayette really struggled with even basics like the center/QB exchange. A lot of work needed on that team.

Go...gate
September 8th, 2018, 08:18 PM
1) Set your GPS for:
52 Sanford Drive
Newark, DE 19713

Nice place to watch a football game.

CHIP72
September 8th, 2018, 09:29 PM
Delaware's starting QB impressed me. He made a number of good throws.

caribbeanhen
September 9th, 2018, 10:36 AM
Delaware's starting QB impressed me. He made a number of good throws.

he did but yesterday was kind of like just writing your name on the test, the questions will get harder but Kehoe shows promise, pretty cool customer and a shifty Lefty.... throws a nice catchable ball and reminds just a bit of Kenny Stabler with the accuarte lefty dart tosses

MR. CHICKEN
September 9th, 2018, 10:49 AM
....TE.....SCARFF......WHIFF 4 GRABS........&......UH........TD.......ALSO...........xhighfivex .........BRAWK!

Gangtackle11
September 9th, 2018, 12:23 PM
Also nice to pitch a shutout, but I learned last season not to get too excited after playing Lafayette these days. Nova pasted the Pards 59-0, but stumbled vs. CAA teams the rest of the way sans the annual beatdown game vs. Delaware. xcoffeex

Follow this game up with few CAA wins then I’ll be impressed. xpeacex