PDA

View Full Version : NCAA Scores had no Live Stats - sign of times or week 1 gitch ??

Redbird 4th & short
September 2nd, 2018, 09:06 AM
Found it interesting that in week 1, NCAA site tracked the scores but not the stats .. not even FBS vs FBS games had stats tracked.

Wondering if it was week 1 glitch, or sign of times that football ratings and attendance have peaked and actually slid a bit that NCAA stopped streaming the live stats.

Or mayeb its simply because they can't stream it as fast the statbroadcast service that most team link to their football schedule .. that is lightning fast compared to NCAA's stats. In fact, that is usually 10-15 seconds ahead of ESPN3 video. I don't know how they do it.. but it is almost as fast as live.

The advantage NCAA stats had was access to all games from a single page .. so they made that aspect easier, albeit much slower than statsbroadcast.

ElCid
September 2nd, 2018, 09:22 AM
Found it interesting that in week 1, NCAA site tracked the scores but not the stats .. not even FBS vs FBS games had stats tracked.

Wondering if it was week 1 glitch, or sign of times that football ratings and attendance have peaked and actually slid a bit that NCAA stopped streaming the live stats.

Or mayeb its simply because they can't stream it as fast the statbroadcast service that most team link to their football schedule .. that is lightning fast compared to NCAA's stats. In fact, that is usually 10-15 seconds ahead of ESPN3 video. I don't know how they do it.. but it is almost as fast as live.

The advantage NCAA stats had was access to all games from a single page .. so they made that aspect easier, albeit much slower than statsbroadcast.

Yeah, I noticed that as well. But if I recall correctly many (most?) FCS games were never updated timely as well in past years on the NCAA site. Some were, but not nearly enough. I had the ESPN and NCAA sites both up to see what was going on. I don't like their new format either. The old one worked just fine.

caribbeanhen
September 2nd, 2018, 09:25 AM
for me, ESPN site was slow, watch ESPN was not even loading during day, seemed to get better last night

Redbird 4th & short
September 2nd, 2018, 09:34 AM
Yeah, I noticed that as well. But if I recall correctly many (most?) FCS games were never updated timely as well in past years on the NCAA site. Some were, but not nearly enough. I had the ESPN and NCAA sites both up to see what was going on. I don't like their new format either. The old one worked just fine.
I thought week 0 had a new format, but week 1 reverted to old format, but without stats. And they didn't do stats for FBS games either. But yes, in past years, FBS stats were always better than FCS stats .. now, we get neither.