PDA

View Full Version : San Diego Vs NC A&T

andthehomeofthe-BIZON-
August 29th, 2018, 10:01 PM
Who wins this hypothetical match up between these two perennial winners and premier FCS teams.....

cx500d
August 30th, 2018, 04:53 AM
Who wins this hypothetical match up between these two perennial winners and premier FCS teams.....
It’ll never happen so who cares

PAllen
August 30th, 2018, 06:00 AM
Nice troll, but I'll bite a little. Based on the fact that USD has actually lost a few games since 2016, NC A&T is probably in the better position for a win. Why does it bother you NDSU fans so much if another team does well and gets some recognition? You guys as a group really have a complex about not being considered the best all of the time.

Professor
August 30th, 2018, 08:15 AM
Bwahaha ,we need another West Coast trip

Bison56
August 30th, 2018, 08:52 AM
This is pointless. Delete thread.

Lehigh'98
August 30th, 2018, 09:16 AM
Nice troll, but I'll bite a little. Based on the fact that USD has actually lost a few games since 2016, NC A&T is probably in the better position for a win. Why does it bother you NDSU fans so much if another team does well and gets some recognition? You guys as a group really have a complex about not being considered the best all of the time.

It’s a poor troll attempt. 1/10. It’s not enough for da bizun to win everything every year, they must ***** on all other programs.

Twentysix
August 30th, 2018, 11:16 AM
San Diego is pretty good. I'm sure it would be a hard fought game.

JSUSoutherner
August 30th, 2018, 12:00 PM
Depends. Is it going to be hot?

Daytripper
August 30th, 2018, 12:02 PM

xnodx

ASU33
August 30th, 2018, 01:14 PM

I've wondered this same thing!

JacksFan40
August 30th, 2018, 01:19 PM
I'm guessing winning 6 of the last 7 national titles has something to do with it. Some Bison fans don't seem to like it when a unproven team is considered better than them.

ASU33
August 30th, 2018, 02:03 PM
I'm guessing winning 6 of the last 7 national titles has something to do with it. Some Bison fans don't seem to like it when a unproven team is considered better than them.

I don't even think it's that. There's countless examples on this board of Bison fans straight losing it when ANY team that's not their own receives any kind of positive attention. I wouldn't think that fans of a program that has accomplished so much would be so fragile.

Redbird 4th & short
August 30th, 2018, 02:05 PM
Yeesh .... Bison have a complex ? Best of all time ? It's got nothing to do with anything of the sort .. why would you change what argument is about ??

The uproar was simply over whether NC A&T beating JSU the way they did (winning turnover and penalty battle, but losing decisively everywhere else) proved they belong in top 10 discussion. Or as HBCU Sports tried to claim ... put them in discussion for the best team in FCS ... clearly inferring the debate is about this year.

So given NDSU has won 6 of 7, and is defending champ, and is currently top ranked by almost every poll or ranking system ... I also find it incredulous that NC A&T can beat JSU the way they did, and suddenly think this means they have arrived ... it is one data point .. and you got completely outplayed if not for all the turnovers and penalties. You had one sustained drive all game. You depended on lot of turnovers and penalties to stop their drives. Take your ugly win, my ISUr has had a few too .. most good teams have couple as well ... but enough with the whole, this proves we belong sh-t.

Need to do more to prove you belong in top 10 discussion .. with or without 98 degree temps ... much less to be mentioned in same breath with the team that won 6 of 7 natty's ... let that last comment sink in some ... they won 6 of 7, you beat a JSU team that played very poorly .... equivalent .. proves you've arrived .. really ?? It should go without saying ... you can't prove yourself in one game, certainly not from a game you got out-gained by 400+ yards to 150+ yards ... right ??

Get real .. this is sports ... you need to prove you belong ... on the field and over period of time. not even 6 of 7 Natty's .. how about in 6 of 7 games even. But you need to blowout bad teams, and convincingly beat most average teams. Winning ugly against JSU is a good start ... emphasis on "start".

JSUSoutherner
August 30th, 2018, 02:11 PM
Yeesh .... Bison have a complex ? Best of all time ? It's got nothing to do with anything of the sort .. why would you change what argument is about ??

The uproar was simply over whether NC A&T beating JSU the way they did (winning turnover and penalty battle, but losing decisively everywhere else) proved they belong in top 10 discussion. Or as HBCU Sports tried to claim ... put them in discussion for the best team in FCS ... clearly inferring the debate is about this year.

So given NDSU has won 6 of 7, and is defending champ, and is currently top ranked by almost every poll or ranking system ... I also find it incredulous that NC A&T can beat JSU the way they did, and suddenly think this means they have arrived ... it is one data point .. and you got completely outplayed if not for all the turnovers and penalties. You had one sustained drive all game. You depended on lot of turnovers and penalties to stop their drives. Take your ugly win, my ISUr has had a few too .. most good teams have couple as well ... but enough with the whole, this proves we belong sh-t.

Need to do more to prove you belong in top 10 discussion .. with or without 98 degree temps ... much less to be mentioned in same breath with the team that won 6 of 7 natty's ... let that last comment sink in some ... they won 6 of 7, you beat a JSU team that played very poorly .... equivalent .. proves you've arrived .. really ?? It should go without saying ... you can't prove yourself in one game, certainly not from a game you got out-gained by 400+ yards to 150+ yards ... right ??

Get real .. this is sports ... you need to prove you belong ... on the field and over period of time. not even 6 of 7 Natty's .. how about in 6 of 7 games even. But you need to blowout bad teams, and convincingly beat most average teams. Winning ugly against JSU is a good start ... emphasis on "start".
They actually had less than 150 yards. Not that it matters, just stating for factual accuracy.

Gil Dobie
August 30th, 2018, 03:06 PM

Who's bothered?

.......and A&T wins

Gil Dobie
August 30th, 2018, 03:07 PM
I don't even think it's that. There's countless examples on this board of Bison fans straight losing it when ANY team that's not their own receives any kind of positive attention. I wouldn't think that fans of a program that has accomplished so much would be so fragile.

I only lose it when I get lumped with those that lose it. :)

Twentysix
August 30th, 2018, 03:18 PM
Who's bothered?

.......and A&T wins

You sure about that?

ASU33
August 30th, 2018, 03:19 PM

This is true. You have definitely been one of the cool Bison

WileECoyote06
August 30th, 2018, 03:38 PM
This is true. You have definitely been one of the cool Bison

Agreed

WileECoyote06
August 30th, 2018, 03:46 PM
It's really unfair to the A&T program because if they lose any conference games this year, confirmation bias will kick in. The conversation won't be Bethune Cookman or NC Central is pretty good; it'll be A&T wasn't as good as we thought.

Alas, until then all they have is their 13-game winning streak, and win over a perennial top ten team; while just outside the top ten. Let them enjoy the win until Saturday.

Bison Fan in NW MN
August 30th, 2018, 03:47 PM
It’ll never happen so who cares

This here.

semobison
August 30th, 2018, 03:55 PM

Yep, not cool stereotyping fan bases. I joined AGS around 12 years ago and remember when App St fans were considered obnoxious. Then it was the CAA fans in general! Do I cringe at some of my fellow Bison fans posts? Sure, but not anymore than some of the other fan bases. It is waaay to easy for fans to get full of themselves when things are going well because fan is just an abbreviation for fanatic!

Twentysix
August 30th, 2018, 06:44 PM
It's really unfair to the A&T program because if they lose any conference games this year, confirmation bias will kick in. The conversation won't be Bethune Cookman or NC Central is pretty good; it'll be A&T wasn't as good as we thought.

Alas, until then all they have is their 13-game winning streak, and win over a perennial top ten team; while just outside the top ten. Let them enjoy the win until Saturday.

Perennial - definition:

lasting or existing for a long or apparently infinite time; enduring or continually recurring.

In 22 FCS seasons JSU has been ranked 7 times. They have been in the top 10 five times. They have been unranked (worse than top 25) fifteen times.

Congrats on the win but be a little realistic.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Reign of Terrier
August 30th, 2018, 06:57 PM
Yep, not cool stereotyping fan bases. I joined AGS around 12 years ago and remember when App St fans were considered obnoxious. Then it was the CAA fans in general! Do I cringe at some of my fellow Bison fans posts? Sure, but not anymore than some of the other fan bases. It is waaay to easy for fans to get full of themselves when things are going well because fan is just an abbreviation for fanatic!

I was here 10 years ago or so, and I think the big difference isn't homerism, it's the fact that everyone (rightfully) takes it as a given that NDSU is better, so the discussion (and thus vitriolic hot takes) revolve over whether or not a team is actually good.

Like, there used to be a lot of uncertainty about which top tier teams could beat which, and which couldn't. Now we kind of know how it goes so the debate hinges on every team having to prove themselves as respectable, and because NDSU fans don't have a comparable point of reference EVERYONE SUCKS

Twentysix
August 30th, 2018, 07:00 PM
Both AT and San Diego are good FCS squads. It would be a hard fought match between two rightfully top 30 teams.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

dewey
August 30th, 2018, 09:02 PM

Agreed. Don't lump me in with some of those NDSU fans.

Dewey

bonarae
August 30th, 2018, 11:55 PM
Okay, agreed on the top 30 FCS squads comment. But a hypothetical regular season game, perhaps? Advantage goes to NC A&T.

Scooter
August 31st, 2018, 02:49 AM
Okay, agreed on the top 30 FCS squads comment. But a hypothetical regular season game, perhaps? Advantage goes to NC A&T.

Why?

USD has won playoff games vs BSC teams two years running and have a Sr QB. I think this would be a good game.

BTW congrats on the win over JSU.

PAllen
August 31st, 2018, 05:12 AM

I'm pretty sure they won the battle to get points on the scoreboard. You know, the only thing that actually counts.

Gil Dobie
September 3rd, 2018, 10:18 AM
Who's bothered?

.......and A&T wins

Still picking A&T xnodx