PDA

View Full Version : Butler vs Youngstown St.

Paladin1aa
August 28th, 2018, 01:59 PM
YSU has their home opener this week end against Butler. YSU will be a heavy favorite. On display will be new QB VanGorder, a Notre Dame transfer. We will see new Ohio St., Pitt and new Juco transfers as well. I expect starters to play the first half and then sit down while Bozo plays most of the back ups to get them on film for evaluation.

Project a score.

ytownchief22
August 28th, 2018, 04:24 PM
Several players still banged up. Get in, run the ball, get up big and get out healthy.

31-14.

grayghost06
August 28th, 2018, 05:26 PM
Been a long time since Butler played before 36k at the old Butler Bowl. Are they getting a return game w/ Y'town?
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=28591&stc=1

Penguin Nation
August 28th, 2018, 05:41 PM
ISUr rolled them 45-0 last season. If Buttler scores 14....even against reserves.....its going to be a long season for Scumbag U.

Prediction: Butler 28 Scumbag U 24 Bozo throws headset at a Butler player, and then sits in corner petting his cat. Rapist keeps leaving field to encourage drinking in the stands. All 85 people in attendance are gone by the fourth quarter. MoRon calls Hubbard HS AD to see about a home and home arrangement starting next year.

Paladin1aa
August 28th, 2018, 06:45 PM
Butler has signed for a series of games in Youngstown for a paycheck. No return games.

Starting lineups show YSU is using the game to experiment with players, probably hold out players with minor injuries to get them ready for WVU next game.

I think YSU will not show much, muscle the run game on Butler and throw just a few passes while playing everyone. I look for YSU, 38-7. I also look for a small crowd as fans hate these games.

Go...gate
August 28th, 2018, 08:34 PM
Two of Butler's first two games against Youngstown and a potentially decent Princeton club.

Good, ambitious scheduling that will help Butler in Pioneer play.

ytownchief22
August 28th, 2018, 10:01 PM
Been a long time since Butler played before 36k at the old Butler Bowl. Are they getting a return game w/ Y'town?
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=28591&stc=1

That place looks sweet!

Paladin1aa
August 29th, 2018, 09:26 AM
Bozo is rumored to be after Nebraska RFR QB Gebbia who left the program when he lost the starting race for this weeks opener with Akron.

Does YSU gain another D-I QB?

Go Green
August 29th, 2018, 10:38 AM
That place looks sweet!

Did it go all the way around like a real bowl? Or was it like a horseshoe?

grayghost06
August 29th, 2018, 06:13 PM
Did it go all the way around like a real bowl? Or was it like a horseshoe?

Was a horseshoe from what I've seen. Was expandable to 72k if needed. Needless to say, that never happened. Do like the light stands close to the field. Gives it that extra element of danger.

Paladin1aa
August 29th, 2018, 07:46 PM
Just announced that Co-DC McNutt has been put on administrative leave pending the outcome of an internal investigation. Seems to be a lot of drama this year with YSU.

ytownchief22
August 30th, 2018, 07:29 PM
Another week 1 snooze fest... Thanks Strollo!!!!

The Yo Show
August 30th, 2018, 07:34 PM
Bozo is rumored to be after Nebraska RFR QB Gebbia who left the program when he lost the starting race for this weeks opener with Akron.

Does YSU gain another D-I QB?
Nope, he went to Oregon State

Paladin1aa
August 30th, 2018, 08:05 PM
Yep, I agree, Chief. Worthless game. They would get a tough workout from D-II Slippery Rock, Cal or Edinboro but no credit for beating a weak D-I. And Ohio St. is on at noon, so no chance for a big turnout for the opener.

Bozo can’t recruit h.s. ! So if he loses his edge to recruit transfers/Jucos, Yo, the program sinks even further. Gebbia is pretty good.

They need to get thru the game without injuries. No room for error left on the roster.

Paladin1aa
September 1st, 2018, 06:21 PM
Now, here is the straight scoop for the cheerleader site- I’m wrong. They will not be 6-5 as I projected. The part I gave you about possible losing record is here, NOW. As I warned over the years, Bozo is a terrible recruiter. They finally ran out of Wolfs players. Welcome to the new normal were YSU can’t even beat a non scholly team. BTW, as I’ve mentioned the only thing that has saved his azz are the transfers/Jucos. That is now officially gone. Stop clamoring him to recruit locally. That’s the kiss of death. The Valley is dead for FCS players. D-IIs and IIIs.

Bozo has also gone cheap on the coaching staff. Butler outplayed and out coached YSU. Period. Now you have exactly what you deserve thru your own sheer stupidity. Enjoy.

Penguin Nation
September 1st, 2018, 07:02 PM
Some of us knew......I knew......

ISUr rolled them 45-0 last season. If Buttler scores 14....even against reserves.....its going to be a long season for Scumbag U.

Prediction: Butler 28 Scumbag U 24 Bozo throws headset at a Butler player, and then sits in corner petting his cat. Rapist keeps leaving field to encourage drinking in the stands. All 85 people in attendance are gone by the fourth quarter. MoRon calls Hubbard HS AD to see about a home and home arrangement starting next year.

Paladin1aa
September 1st, 2018, 08:46 PM
You got it, PN.

YSUs a sh! tty program with a sh! tty coach.

Professor Chaos
September 1st, 2018, 08:48 PM
In case anyone was wondering YSU was a 34.5 point favorite in this game.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 1st, 2018, 08:49 PM
Holy crap....Butler is non-scholarship....WTF Youngstown....xsmhxxdontknowx

Paladin1aa
September 2nd, 2018, 05:27 PM
Appears YSUs DC who was put on administrative leave for the Butler game may not be back. Romeo rumors are surfacing. Looks like a year of drama ahead.

ytownchief22
September 2nd, 2018, 07:09 PM
Welp, here is my last post of the year as I'm done caring about the team. An absolute joke. Bo absolutely did not have his team ready to play. With all the injuries and just having the kids not even remotely prepared, they looked like a HS team.

Kennedy should've had his scholly stripped 2 years ago because he's a terrible kicker.

VanGorder looked like a kid who hadn't started a game in 4 years.

The offense has no scheme.

Bo's assistants are a joke. A bunch of yes sir, young kids who won't get in his way.

The most embarrassing game I've ever seen.

I hope Bo is gone after the year.

Embarrassing... Maybe JT will just can Bo and take over the program again.

Paladin1aa
September 2nd, 2018, 07:39 PM
Chief - Kennedy should NEVER have been recruited. Just another in a long, long line of local parochial h.s. Recruits who almost aall are busts. Anyone claiming they just need to recruit more local “stars” is totally clueless.
The cheerleader site has missed how poor Bozos recruiting has been as he ran out of Wolfs recruits.

And speaking of assistants, McNutt, the DC on administrative leave, it’s highly possible he is done because of his alleged juicy personal love life. Bozo will have to take that on as well. Long year coming up for a poor team.

dewey
September 2nd, 2018, 11:50 PM
I was shocked to see this. However congratulations to Butler on the huge win.

Dewey

Model Citizen
September 3rd, 2018, 01:03 PM
In the unlikely event that YSU changes coaches for 2019...

Do you think they could get Sherman Smith out of retirement? He' s from Youngstown.

Penguin Nation
September 3rd, 2018, 03:49 PM
TBH whether the Rapist Recruiter stays or goes matters very little in terms of success of the FB program. Keep him, they'll suck. Fire him, they'll replace him with a buffoon, and they'll still suck. The AD is incapable of finding and recruiting coaches, as well as much of anything else. I see little chance of the Rapist Recruiter staying as he'll likely still be seen as a decent DC somewhere with $$ (P5 or NFL) even after the debacle of a season that awaits Scumbag U.

Thundar
September 3rd, 2018, 04:31 PM
what an embarrassment wow

UNH72Plus
September 3rd, 2018, 06:44 PM
Well at least YSU made us UNH fans feel a bit better after our loss at Maine.

ysubigred
September 4th, 2018, 10:02 AM
Hey maybe YSU will suck in the beginning of the year instead of the mid/end of year xpissedx

Lehigh'98
September 4th, 2018, 10:37 AM
Chief - Kennedy should NEVER have been recruited. Just another in a long, long line of local parochial h.s. Recruits who almost aall are busts. Anyone claiming they just need to recruit more local “stars” is totally clueless.
The cheerleader site has missed how poor Bozos recruiting has been as he ran out of Wolfs recruits.

And speaking of assistants, McNutt, the DC on administrative leave, it’s highly possible he is done because of his alleged juicy personal love life. Bozo will have to take that on as well. Long year coming up for a poor team.

Interesting post. Surprised to here the local talent isn't good. 20 years ago there was a dearth of talent in the old Steel Valley. Most kids that grew up there probably moved away though, like myself. Is Pelini doing most of the recruiting locally?

POD Knows
September 4th, 2018, 10:56 AM
TBH whether the Rapist Recruiter stays or goes matters very little in terms of success of the FB program. Keep him, they'll suck. Fire him, they'll replace him with a buffoon, and they'll still suck. The AD is incapable of finding and recruiting coaches, as well as much of anything else. I see little chance of the Rapist Recruiter staying as he'll likely still be seen as a decent DC somewhere with $$ (P5 or NFL) even after the debacle of a season that awaits Scumbag U.
Explain to my why Pellini would be considered for any coaching position at a higher level, I simply do not understand the allure.

Paladin1aa
September 4th, 2018, 11:13 AM
YSU is a large good ole boy club. Pelini, as a former Cardinal Mooney player, bows down to recruiting local parochial players from Mooney, Ursuline and JFK. This is despite a long, long record of busts coming from those schools. But it keeps the boosters and big money guys up in the loges happy as many of them are alumni of the parochials. He explains it off as “ building depth”. In reality the “depth” of these players on the 2nd and 3rd teams are as D-II and III players on an FCS team. Rarely do they produce a starter unless injuries force them into it. With the poor local economy, a kid who gets a half scholly while living at home with Mom and Dad is still going to school without expense — a full scholly in effect. The few real D-I players leave the area, as most have done for decades. Yet, the numbers of real athletes are down as the population continues to drop. Walkons are up from the area but most prove to be one year wonders who don’t attract a scholly. Most of this is wasted time on an area that is not providing quality players. Those over most recent years came from Florida, California , Pa. and other areas of Ohio. A long time poor AD supports this nonsense of concentrating on the area as it removes pressure from him. The most obvious problem with recruiting rears it’s ugly head this year as the prediction of poor recruiting by Bozo is exposed as he has run out of Wolfs recruits and now shows what he alone has produced. It’s started early this year. It will show the in the MVFC as well.

dewey
September 4th, 2018, 11:14 AM
Explain to my why Pellini would be considered for any coaching position at a higher level, I simply do not understand the allure.

I keep hearing from radio and TV people that he is a great defensive mind....

Dewey

Penguin Nation
September 4th, 2018, 11:47 AM

To be fair to the Rapist Recruiter, he has presided over one of the top pass Ds in the FCS, one that before he arrived was very bad under Wolf ....but many of those players are Wolf recruits (who developed) and who are now gone.

I don't get the allure either. He's a scumbag, a terrible recruiter, and mentally erratic.

POD Knows
September 4th, 2018, 11:51 AM
To be fair to the Rapist Recruiter, he has presided over one of the top pass Ds in the FCS, one that before he arrived was very bad under Wolf ....but many of those players are Wolf recruits (who developed) and who are now gone.

I don't get the allure either. He's a scumbag, a terrible recruiter, and mentally erratic.The negatives far outweigh the positives.

Paladin1aa
September 4th, 2018, 01:23 PM
Since Tressel ( who was from the Cleveland suburb of Berea), all the next HCs are from the area. Heacock, who was from West Branch, just south of Youngstown, same county, Wolford who went to Ursuline and now Pelini who is from Cardinal Mooney. Tressel sold the fans on his recruiting of the State of Youngstown ( what a joke). Actually he recruited Northeast Ohio and western Pa. along with Florida (heavy), California Jucos and the East Coast. His actual recruits from Youngstown were few and far between but nearby schools in Western Pa increased the numbers and the 4 county area (Mahoning, Trumbull in Ohio and Mercer, Lawrence in Pa. ) was what many thought was the “State of Youngstown. The local fan base was spoiled by Tressel success and have used “local” boys (both coaches and h.s. Players) in an attempt to replace the glory days. Two playoff trips n 16 years trying to replace the glory years with local talent, coaching and players.

i hope the dumbazzes come to their senses.

ST_Lawson
September 4th, 2018, 01:28 PM
The few real D-I players leave the area, as most have done for decades. Yet, the numbers of real athletes are down as the population continues to drop.

I feel like that area would be really hard to recruit from anyway. The best players that YSU could reasonably target are probably getting walk-on offers from Ohio State or Pitt, then you've got Akron and Kent State both really close, plus most of the rest of the MAC within a few hours drive. Lot of the "local" players YSU would be going after are also getting MAC offers. NDSU and occasionally SDSU and UNI can compete with MAC teams for recruiting because of name recognition and stuff, but it doesn't seem like the rest of the MVFC is going to get many recruits choosing MVFC over MAC, despite the fact that most of our conference plays better than most of their conference.

Paladin1aa
September 4th, 2018, 02:11 PM
Yep, that’s a common mistake. NE Ohio is the most populous area of the state, heavy in recruits from Cleveland ( and suburbs), Akron, Canton, Massillon, Lorain, Elyria, Warren, Youngstown. Then throw in Columbus, Cincinnati, Dayton, Toledo and all their suburbs. There are a ton of players in the State. Go just across the line to Pittsburgh. Erie. McKeesport. The area of is full of recruits. What the he11 is so special about Youngstown? And then YSU has gotten all star players from Florida over the years. Pelini gave up on that. YSU can recruit WHEN they get a recruiter!

Lehigh'98
September 4th, 2018, 03:22 PM
Going thru their roster, looks like the last 3 recruiting classes average about 30% local recruits (public & private schools), the oldest 2 classes are at 6.1% local. The numbers seem to bear out what you are saying. I have no idea the talent level of any of them though. Could be a bad sign if he is just plucking kids from the area with little talent on the team.

Paladin1aa
September 4th, 2018, 03:36 PM
Former coach here. Trust me, the talent level is now down. He is out of Wolford recruits. He is flying on his own players now.

First evidence — Butler loss. More to follow.

ysubigred
September 4th, 2018, 03:44 PM
Former coach here. Trust me, the talent level is now down. He is out of Wolford recruits. He is flying on his own players now.

First evidence — Butler loss. More to follow.

Soooo, what you're saying Bo can coach em if someone else recruits em xsmiley_wix Bring back Wolford to recruit us to the promise land xpeacex

Paladin1aa
September 4th, 2018, 05:09 PM
Bozo is an excellent DC. Always had been. Got over his head as a HC. First Nebraska and now here. He does not recruit well at all. Has some success with transfers/Jucos. But his h.s. Recruiting is not good. And Red, you should know that was Wolfords downfall — he couldn’t find a DC to save his azz. Great recruiter. However, Bozo has put a poor staff around him - young, inexperienced.

Appears Bozo is playing politics and has been since he has been here. Mollifies the boosters/ big money in the loges recruiting locally while he walks away from PR/University duties pizzing people off. Collecting those big checks lets him not give a sh !t. Did it at Nebraska and doing it here. They need to cut his azz loose.

ASU33
September 4th, 2018, 07:19 PM
Bozo is an excellent DC. Always had been. Got over his head as a HC. First Nebraska and now here. He does not recruit well at all. Has some success with transfers/Jucos. But his h.s. Recruiting is not good. And Red, you should know that was Wolfords downfall — he couldn’t find a DC to save his azz. Great recruiter. However, Bozo has put a poor staff around him - young, inexperienced.

Appears Bozo is playing politics and has been since he has been here. Mollifies the boosters/ big money in the loges recruiting locally while he walks away from PR/University duties pizzing people off. Collecting those big checks lets him not give a sh !t. Did it at Nebraska and doing it here. They need to cut his azz loose.

So in a nutshell his days are numbered unless he changes the way that he does things?

ysubigred
September 5th, 2018, 09:13 AM

You'd know better than I do about his coaching skills. I thought he did well at Nebraska, he just was not the politician in a coach suit that the booster/Alum wanted so he got ax'd!

While at YSU I've been disappointed in BP! Bottom line: I thought he would be a great boost to the football program that under Heacock and Wolford suffered from the lack of HC skills.

Trust me I was about to fire up the fire Pellini thread over on the cheerleader board. I'm trying to stay away from there. I wish YSU could find the formula NDSU found. They changed coaches and didn't skip a beat.

Butler is a better team than we'd like to give them credit for, still should have won that one handily. We'll see Saturday "IF" YSU was just sleeping or just that bad. WVU seems to be really good because I could not imagine an SEC TN team being that bad.

Paladin1aa
September 5th, 2018, 10:05 AM
Red, what I’d tell you about Nebraska is this — Nebraska, with all their money, reputation under a previous legendary coach and long established recruiting prospects, should have won 7 or 8 games every year beating the likes of Kansas, Iowa St. ,etc. They in fact , did. They couldn’t win when matched up with similar programs such as Nebraska meaning they couldn’t win against THEIR peers. That continued into the Big 10. That sets the mark of a HC. And, Bozo was undercutting the administration and AD, refusing to take PR responsibilities and ignoring requirements for employees. He is doing the same exact thing at YSU. Make no mistake, he is a smart DC, but he has issues as a HC. More to the point, he couldn’t recruit himself above his peers at Nebraska and is even worse at YSU. Since Wolford left, who was an excellent recruiter, each class Bozo has brought in has been substandard. As he ran out of Wolford recruits, his are now becoming the starters. The evidence will be overwhelming for all to see this year.

I fall on the floor laughing at the cheerleader site and it’s stupid owner. Clueless, vain and dumb. They want more local “stars” to save the program. Looking for another local boy to come coach them to success. It’s pathetic. But some have finally wised up - Bozo needs to go. The big paychecks have made him unaccountable to anyone.

Penguin Nation
September 6th, 2018, 11:02 AM
Should Scumbag U fans stop referring to these games as "cupcakes"?

Is Scumbag U now the "cupcake"?

ST_Lawson
September 6th, 2018, 11:28 AM
Should Scumbag U fans stop referring to these games as "cupcakes"?

Is Scumbag U now the "cupcake"?

Scumcakes?

Penguin Nation
September 6th, 2018, 11:45 AM
Scumcakes?

Perfect.xlolx

Go Green
September 7th, 2018, 07:23 AM
SI gives props to Butler.

https://www.si.com/college-football/2018/09/06/butler-youngstown-state-upset-fcs-pioneer-league

Penguin Nation
September 7th, 2018, 07:40 AM
SI gives props to Butler.

https://www.si.com/college-football/2018/09/06/butler-youngstown-state-upset-fcs-pioneer-league

Nice article. It's refreshing to see the good guys winning.

I read elsewhere that there was a decent crowd there. In those vids, there's hardly anyone there.

Sycamore62
September 7th, 2018, 08:34 AM
did the crowd leave? 11,000?

Go Green
September 7th, 2018, 08:51 AM

If they did, that was one smart crowd. :)

Derby City Duke
September 7th, 2018, 08:52 AM
Tickets sold; not butts in seats...

Paladin1aa
September 7th, 2018, 09:03 AM
Crowd ? More hype. YSU has closed the East side stands for a construction project. Thus, only one side is used, seating both the YSU band and a large guest h.s. Band. Few were in the upper seats , so the “crowd” including the bands were shoehorned into a limited area of one side. Tickets sold ( probably accurate) including block sales to businesses is one thing. Actual butts in seats is usually something much less.

clenz
September 7th, 2018, 10:00 AM
YSU needs to finally get kicked out of the MVFC.

Get out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

clenz
September 7th, 2018, 10:05 AM
YSU has been having close calls with NEC and PFL teams the last few years. This was a couple years in the making.

The Yo Show
September 7th, 2018, 10:20 AM
I imagine they did. And the final pictures are no where near reflective of the beginning of the game. I know I left at the beginning of the second quarter. When I left, there were some other people leaving. I have to think the rest left before the end because in the first quarter the stands were full. Anyway, i wouldn't have left so soon from them playing bad. I left because I was doing volunteer eye screenings at the Canfield fair.

The Yo Show
September 7th, 2018, 10:24 AM

Get out.

I almost didn't respond to this, but my counter would be, would you kick other teams (Missouri State, Indiana State, siu) from the mvfc too?

Penguin Nation
September 7th, 2018, 10:53 AM

Get out.

Scumbag U is quickly becoming to the MVFC what it's been to the Horizon league in MBB....an RPI/conference ratings busting team. With USD and now UND joining, it makes less geographical sense then ever. Scumbag U has no MVFC conference rivals. With the clueless AD given a lifetime postion, the FB program will likely only further deteriorate. Scumbag U is an embarrassment from an ethics standpoint and obviously now a performance standpoint. ISUb and MSU don't embarrass the MVFC nearly the way Scumbag U does. The active recruitment of a convicted gang rapist was in the international media. MSU FWIW has the same # of conference championships as Scumbag U.

I'm not sure the NEC would accept a sh-- show like Scumbag U, but it would be more suitable geographically and talent wise.

Penguin Nation
September 7th, 2018, 10:58 AM
I imagine they did. And the final pictures are no where near reflective of the beginning of the game. I know I left at the beginning of the second quarter. When I left, there were some other people leaving. I have to think the rest left before the end because in the first quarter the stands were full. Anyway, i wouldn't have left so soon from them playing bad. I left because I was doing volunteer eye screenings at the Canfield fair.

The one video was of the final minutes of a very close game, and it showed an empty Scum Castle. I get why you left, but the game's outcome was never certain....so why would the vast majority leave...assuming it was actually full? Did they suddenly realize how F'ed up it is to cheer on a convicted rapist?

The Yo Show
September 7th, 2018, 11:05 AM
PN, I imagine they left in the 3rd quarter when YSU went up 21 to 7. But if not, I have no idea. Choose to believe me or not believe me, but that final video is not respective of the attendance at the beginning of the game.

ST_Lawson
September 7th, 2018, 11:16 AM
I almost didn't respond to this, but my counter would be, would you kick other teams (Missouri State, Indiana State, siu) from the mvfc too?

I think it's less about the team itself being bad...that stuff fluctuates (I remember seasons where Indiana State made the playoffs and seasons where WIU had 1 win). It's more all the other external stuff that's going on that has really been bringing down the reputation of the school. I also don't feel like YSU is to the point where they should be kicked out yet either. Where they go from here will determine that. Does the AD do a "clean sweep" of the football staff, bringing in someone who has a focus on bringing in kids who will work hard and for the most part stay out of trouble. No team is immune...kids are kids and kids will sometimes make bad decisions...but they could work to really minimize that aspect in the coming years. I could see the conference kinda putting YSU on "probation"...giving them a couple of years to get their house in order. And again...not in terms of winning games really...more in the positive external view of the football program...from the campus community, from the region, and from the FCS as a whole.

Idk if that's the answer, but that's probably the direction I'd go with it.

Scumbag U is quickly becoming to the MVFC what it's been to the Horizon league in MBB....an RPI/conference ratings busting team. With USD and now UND joining, it makes less geographical sense then ever. Scumbag U has no MVFC conference rivals. With the clueless AD given a lifetime postion, the FB program will likely only further deteriorate. Scumbag U is an embarrassment from an ethics standpoint and obviously now a performance standpoint. ISUb and MSU don't embarrass the MVFC nearly the way Scumbag U does. The active recruitment of a convicted gang rapist was in the international media. MSU FWIW has the same # of conference championships as Scumbag U.

I'm not sure the NEC would accept a sh-- show like Scumbag U, but it would be more suitable geographically and talent wise.

Like above, I won't claim to be an expert, but I feel like YSU needs a "clean sweep" of it's football program at this point. Get rid of all the coaches, try to join the NEC, work back up to being good again with the end goal of getting an invite from the CAA, or at least to be an associate member like Albany or Stony Brook. It would make more sense geographically. I mean, the best place geographically for them is the MAC, but it would take some pretty huge changes at YSU and to opinions of the current MAC members for that to happen. Probably not feasible outside of a long-term "hope".

Go Green
September 7th, 2018, 11:18 AM
PN, I imagine they left in the 3rd quarter when YSU went up 21 to 7. But if not, I have no idea. Choose to believe me or not believe me, but that final video is not respective of the attendance at the beginning of the game.

Something similar happened to Dartmouth some years ago. We had a good crowd against Holy Cross, had what appeared to be a comfortable lead in the second half, and most of the students in attendance took off early in the fourth (supposedly some concert on campus was going to start).

Holy Cross came back and took the lead in the final minute to stun us.

Can't help but wonder whether we would have won if the crowd had stayed... Oh well.

The Yo Show
September 7th, 2018, 11:20 AM
Lawson, I understand where you're coming from. But my statement to clenz was with respect to the context of his post (unless I missed it) he talked about how ysu had close calls with NEC and pioneer teams and this was a long time coming. So in context it seems to be about winning games.

ST_Lawson
September 7th, 2018, 11:35 AM
Lawson, I understand where you're coming from. But my statement to clenz was with respect to the context of his post (unless I missed it) he talked about how ysu had close calls with NEC and pioneer teams and this was a long time coming. So in context it seems to be about winning games.

Ah, fair enough. I personally don't feel like a team should be kicked out of a conference for not winning games, unless we're talking like winless over 3+ years.

clenz
September 7th, 2018, 12:19 PM

That was a separate post. Completely unrelated, which is why I made it a sea parade post.

But it does tie in

No. MSU and ISUb being bad has nothing to do with if I want them in the conference or not. They have ties to all the other schools. They share an all sports conference with other school. Indiana State lost to a damn NAIA and I didn’t say it.

YSU has no ties to anyone in the MVFC. They begged for admission due to the automatic bid tie in and not having to worry about at large any more.

MSU and ISUb also manage to keep their **** clean. Every year it’s a new, or continued, scandal out of Youngstown.

I’ve never hidden the fact I don’t want YSU in our conference. Everything that’s gone on the last decade is just icing on the cake.

clenz
September 7th, 2018, 12:21 PM
And to be completely honest - I’ve long lobbied for Evansville to get the **** out of the MVC. They finish at the bottom of the all sports standings every year. Other than one or two MBB seasons a decade they bring literal nothing to the conference.

YSU isn’t special. Even in my hatred of sharing a conference with them.

BisonFan02
September 7th, 2018, 12:34 PM
YSU occupies a spot for a potential Summit member. They should go to the CAA.

Sycamore62
September 7th, 2018, 12:53 PM
I think the conference is too big. id like to see a 7 or 8 team conference. Id also like to keep the drives for me (i dont care how far you have to drive) less than 7 hours.

my opinion (and my team for most of the last 2 decades) doesnt matter though.

- - - Updated - - -

and i believe you that it was full at the beginning, i just thought more people would stay to see the nut cutter finish.

ST_Lawson
September 7th, 2018, 01:06 PM
and i believe you that it was full at the beginning, i just thought more people would stay to see the nut cutter finish.

I wonder how many saw that it was going to be a close game and left because they couldn't stand to watch their team lose to a non-scholarship team.

Penguin Nation
September 7th, 2018, 01:35 PM
One picture...preferably date stamped in the link....just one showing a decent crowd is all I ask...and then I'll concede that for their opener for a brief time they had a decent turnout. They still are a train wreck...but a train wreck that a stadium full of ppl went to go see.

Interesting that not a single Vindy pic shows the full stadium. Only one shows the band and a small group around them. In previous galleries, if there was a decent turn out, there'd be multiple crowd shots.

http://www.vindy.com/photos/galleries/2018/sep/01/ysu-v-butler-football/

Same goes for videos. They'll let the ball leave the upper screen and disappear for awhile before daring to show the stadium.

Derby City Duke
September 7th, 2018, 02:13 PM
YSU occupies a spot for a potential Summit member. They should go to the CAA.

Thanks, but no.

ysubigred
September 7th, 2018, 03:06 PM
Thanks, but no.

Yeah. We'd really hate to ruin such a prestigious conference. xthumbsdownx

Derby City Duke
September 7th, 2018, 03:07 PM
Yeah. We'd really hate to ruin such a prestigious conference. xthumbsdownx

The only redeeming quality of a trip to NE Ohio is the NFL Hall of Fame -- and my brother's in-laws in Y'town! xpeacex

ysubigred
September 7th, 2018, 03:18 PM
Usually this thread would piss me off but I don't have a good argument against it.

1. YSU took on a 16 year old convicted rapist as a student athlete in good standing. I get the out cry for this, BUT he's now 22 served his time. Most of you lefty **** heads on this thread don't support the death penalty so what chance can a convicted felon have to continue on with life?

2. We had a rouge assistant coach this year. Being let go I believe.

3. Had some boosters in the 90's racketeering.

Other than that YSU year in and year out has one of the highest graduation rates and GPA's in the MVFC. When we do make the playoff's we win games not like UNI purple pussies who choke xsmiley_wix

I'm all for leaving the MVFC! The travel schedule is rough. Rejoin the OVC this would be an good all sport stop for the university. Geographically the MAC is ideal but YSU is stinking up 1FCS so that is a pipe dream xrolleyesx

BisonFan02
September 7th, 2018, 03:27 PM
It takes the same amount of time to drive from Fargo, ND to Youngstown, OH as it does to drive to Frisco, TX.

ysubigred
September 7th, 2018, 03:29 PM
It takes the same amount of time to drive from Fargo, ND to Youngstown, OH as it does to drive to Frisco, TX.

I live in Louisville KY. Flying into Minneapolis then driving xbowx

BisonFan02
September 7th, 2018, 03:30 PM
I live in Louisville KY. Flying into Minneapolis then driving xbowx

Coming to the game this year?

ysubigred
September 7th, 2018, 03:35 PM
Coming to the game this year?

If the Guins are still relevant,, been on my bucket list since you all came to 1FCS. I work with an NDSU alum at Fort Knox great guy.

Penguin Nation
September 7th, 2018, 03:52 PM
Usually this thread would piss me off but I don't have a good argument against it.

1. YSU took on a 16 year old convicted rapist as a student athlete in good standing. I get the out cry for this, BUT he's now 22 served his time. Most of you lefty **** heads on this thread don't support the death penalty so what chance can a convicted felon have to continue on with life?

2. We had a rouge assistant coach this year. Being let go I believe.

3. Had some boosters in the 90's racketeering.

Other than that YSU year in and year out has one of the highest graduation rates and GPA's in the MVFC. When we do make the playoff's we win games not like UNI purple pussies who choke xsmiley_wix

I'm all for leaving the MVFC! The travel schedule is rough. Rejoin the OVC this would be an good all sport stop for the university. Geographically the MAC is ideal but YSU is stinking up 1FCS so that is a pipe dream xrolleyesx

So you'd be ok with OJ as the RB coach?

I don't want to rehash the whole rapist issue here, and I have a thread on it elsewhere, but here's a glimpse of how the non-Youngstown fan sees it:

https://newsok.com/article/5564596/why-a-former-ou-co-defensive-coordinator-is-under-fire-despite-success-at-youngstown-state

The thread I referred to has tons more where that came from.

Programs like Indiana forbid players w/ histories of DV from ever participating in college athletics. IOW, most don't tolerate rapists on their FB stage...let alone cheer for one....which is FUBAR.

What's interesting though, is that even after sacrificing all ethical recruiting standards....Scumbag U still sucks.

Scooter
September 7th, 2018, 05:10 PM
It was just one game.
I remember when the team I follow gave up 2 defensive TD and had four or five turnovers and lost 14-17 to Iniana St at home. Sometimes you just have to swallow a bad loss and move on.

I also remeber a bad loss at Missouri St. (I think it was 0-3)

Things are usually not as bad as we fans make it out to be.

ysubigred
September 10th, 2018, 01:21 PM
So you'd be ok with OJ as the RB coach?

I don't want to rehash the whole rapist issue here, and I have a thread on it elsewhere, but here's a glimpse of how the non-Youngstown fan sees it:

https://newsok.com/article/5564596/why-a-former-ou-co-defensive-coordinator-is-under-fire-despite-success-at-youngstown-state

The thread I referred to has tons more where that came from.

Programs like Indiana forbid players w/ histories of DV from ever participating in college athletics. IOW, most don't tolerate rapists on their FB stage...let alone cheer for one....which is FUBAR.

What's interesting though, is that even after sacrificing all ethical recruiting standards....Scumbag U still sucks.

Big difference between OJ and a 16 YO kid. Goes to show your ignorance!

Go find something else to do ****ing Troll. I doubt you are even a YSU grad.

You and the hater Palidin both beat the dead horse long enough to become repugnant.

Penguin Nation
September 11th, 2018, 07:53 AM
Big difference between OJ and a 16 YO kid. Goes to show your ignorance!

Go find something else to do ****ing Troll. I doubt you are even a YSU grad.

You and the hater Palidin both beat the dead horse long enough to become repugnant.

Scumbag U grad? Lol. You’ve seen and heard my last name before.

Quick question: I’ve never cheered for a convicted gang rapist before who carried around the defenseless girl between rapes (nor has any self-respecting fan) during an all night rape sesh. Do Scumbag U fans have special cheers for the rapist?

Give me an “R”.....?

Paladin1aa
September 12th, 2018, 04:14 PM
That’s PALADIN, Red................... as in Have Gun Will Travel....... Richard Boone........ and you are old enough to know. Give it a break or rejoin the apologists on the cheerleader site. Both the good and bad get discussed here.

Penguin Nation
September 16th, 2018, 08:37 AM
Princeton (2017 5-5, ended season losing 4 straight) crushed Butler in Indy 50-7. Halftime (pre-garbage time) score 44-7. lololol. hahaha.

ysubigred
September 17th, 2018, 07:47 AM
That’s PALADIN, Red................... as in Have Gun Will Travel....... Richard Boone........ and you are old enough to know. Give it a break or rejoin the apologists on the cheerleader site. Both the good and bad get discussed here.

Only the bad for you. I'm not sure why or how you've become so hateful. Obviously you're very knowledgeable (more than I can say about the liberal flag burning troll Penguin Nation), but the ax you have to grind with YSU is beyond comprehension, it's hurting nobody but you. Hell, in 16 I offered you Tix's for the NC game just to come meet me.

If you are truly a YSU fan you would tone it down. I've been on this board before the troll PN came along so I'm not going anywhere soon. Actually if this boards admin had any guts at all they'd shut down you and troll boy's hate fest.

You and the troll beat the dead horse long enough. Try taking the high road and sit back and enjoy the bad YSU admin, coaching staff and sports programs. You two said enough we get it.

Paladin1aa
September 17th, 2018, 08:46 AM
This is becoming an old broken record, Red. I spent many a year praising YSU WHEN they had something to praise. Even took grief here. But let me remind you, I warned over on the cheerleader board that losing seasons were coming each year for two years under Heacock and everyone thought I was crazy. A hater. And presto, it happened, losing seasons. Even told them why — poor recruiting. And took grief for that. But everyone came to see my point - Heacock was a terrible recruiter.

Now other than pointing out the disdain for recruiting a rapist, I have moved on. I’m pointing out, AGAIN, that poor recruiting is producing another losing season. And this is after giving them the benefit of the doubt, a mistake by on my part, after swaying back and forth on predicting a 6-5 or 5-6 season. And you don’t even want to think about next year as it is as ugly as I’ve seen with the cupboard being bare.

You never offered tickets to me. That must have been one of your foggy days on the sauce.

Short story for you — I used to vote on this site in the FB poll. One year I have YSU ranked on my list at #4 or #5. Moved them up on my list each time a team ahead of them lost. After having them at #2, the top team lost and I voted YSU #1 on my list. The guy here running the poll emailed me and said I needed to qualify my vote with reasons ( they were already a top 5 team here). Needless to say, he didn’t count my vote and that was the last time I voted in the AGS poll.

So I swing both ways. This year is a bad one for YSU. They may be good many years in the future and I’ll say so.

ysubigred
September 17th, 2018, 08:55 AM
This is becoming an old broken record, Red. I spent many a year praising YSU WHEN they had something to praise. Even took grief here. But let me remind you, I warned over on the cheerleader board that losing seasons were coming each year for two years under Heacock and everyone thought I was crazy. A hater. And presto, it happened, losing seasons. Even told them why — poor recruiting. And took grief for that. But everyone came to see my point - Heacock was a terrible recruiter.

Now other than pointing out the disdain for recruiting a rapist, I have moved on. I’m pointing out, AGAIN, that poor recruiting is producing another losing season. And this is after giving them the benefit of the doubt, a mistake by on my part, after swaying back and forth on predicting a 6-5 or 5-6 season. And you don’t even want to think about next year as it is as ugly as I’ve seen with the cupboard being bare.

You never offered tickets to me. That must have been one of your foggy days on the sauce.

Short story for you — I used to vote on this site in the FB poll. One year I have YSU ranked on my list at #4 or #5. Moved them up on my list each time a team ahead of them lost. After having them at #2, the top team lost and I voted YSU #1 on my list. The guy here running the poll emailed me and said I needed to qualify my vote with reasons ( they were already a top 5 team here). Needless to say, he didn’t count my vote and that was the last time I voted in the AGS poll.

So I swing both ways. This year is a bad one for YSU. They may be good many years in the future and I’ll say so.

I'm pretty sure I offered you tix's? If not, I definitely ask you to show up. Shame on me since I let 3 NC tickets go to waste (not used)?!

ysubigred
September 17th, 2018, 10:23 AM

Went and refreshed my memory,,,

Sorry, Red, but I won't be going to Frisco. I've made my stand because of the AD and will hold to it till he is gone. I note that part of that "banning" on the other board is because the owner there is his butt kisser and drags the entire program down with all threats he makes against the other posters who "fail to toe the line".

I'll watch on TV. Good luck to YSU as I see they have a shot at winning it again. If in Frisco, behave yourself !!xnodx But I know better !

You shot me down before I offered you the tix's. "IF" I offered prior to my invite would you have gone?

Paladin1aa
September 17th, 2018, 12:36 PM
It’s possible. Would prefer to go with others. Traveled to Nattys with a YSU Penguin Club gang several times when we were in the finals (Marshall was a blast) and have some stories to tell. Can’t be too explicit as I can’t be sure the law isn’t still looking for us,lol. Remember, I held Penguin club seats for 20 years. I didn’t spend all that time and money to be a hater. Freezing your butt off or sitting in the rain, I was there. But I don’t wear rose colored glasses. They can be bad, they are bad and I don’t mince words in saying so. You got a failed AD there who should have been fired years ago and people will see what I’ve been predicting about Bozo shortly. He needs to move on as well.

ysubigred
September 17th, 2018, 02:46 PM
It’s possible. Would prefer to go with others. Traveled to Nattys with a YSU Penguin Club gang several times when we were in the finals (Marshall was a blast) and have some stories to tell. Can’t be too explicit as I can’t be sure the law isn’t still looking for us,lol. Remember, I held Penguin club seats for 20 years. I didn’t spend all that time and money to be a hater. Freezing your butt off or sitting in the rain, I was there. But I don’t wear rose colored glasses. They can be bad, they are bad and I don’t mince words in saying so. You got a failed AD there who should have been fired years ago and people will see what I’ve been predicting about Bozo shortly. He needs to move on as well.

1. I really miss YSU football and the 90's road crew :( was the time of my life.

2. I expected more from BP. Although Nebraska sucks worse now than when he was there. xlolx

3. AD's a good guy met him several times but I wonder if he's got the best interests at hand for an over all successful program? All I hear is no $$ xconfusedx

Paladin1aa
September 17th, 2018, 05:17 PM
The AD - a beancounter ( accountant) who got promoted from an accountant in the athletic dept to his level of incompetency as the AD with NO ATHLETIC ADMINISTRATION experience. Former FB player, local good ol boy. Made poor hiring after poor hiring in both men’s and women’s basketball. Destroyed both programs. Made hiring mistakes ( and extensions) in FB. Scheduled weenie games for FB. Allowed a Cadillac program to fall to a Model T. Didn’t emphasize the money sports and instead concentrated on non money sports. That’s one of the reasons they have no money.Ticketgate for the playoffs. Lied about it. Got exposed. Just added bowling. Bowling ? I sat in Penguin Club seats. Those got replaced with downsized, uncomfortable chair backs with no leg room. An idiot would have known better. Nothing is done for the fans in the stands, just the fat cats in the loges. That and losing is why butts in seats have dropped off. He has personally ruined the athletic dept. Hired Bozo to get a cheap coach but demanded no accountability. His hires have been monumental failures. He sets no standards and for years rewarded losing coaches with extensions. He should have been fired years ago and had he been anywhere else than YSU, as a good OL boy, he would have been.

Penguin Nation
September 17th, 2018, 10:57 PM
If moRon is a good guy, then maybe he'd be better suited as a receptionist, or a WalMart greeter?

Not only is moRon an abject failure as AD, but unless you're aged 30's or below, he's likely guaranteed you'll never see consistently great FB or MBB at Scum U ever....since I think he's upper 40s and will be there likely another 20 years.

Ticketgate and Rapistgate are just the beginning. How much is no money game in 2019 going to hurt Scum U? Talk about no money? A school 45 minutes away (Can't) is paying FCS schools >$300k to play there, and moRon passes on it because an FBS team won't commit to a home and home with a mediocre (at best) FCS school? Absolute malpratice.