PDA

View Full Version : FCS tv schedule

UNHFan
August 28th, 2018, 10:44 AM
Can I get some recommendations for the best FCS television schedule ESPN is good but they do leave out other stations

Neighbor2
August 28th, 2018, 11:11 AM
This is the best I've ever seen:

http://lsufootball.net/tvschedule.htm

Also recommend getting a subscription for ESPN+

VandalBasher
August 28th, 2018, 11:42 AM
http://lsufootball.net/tvschedule.htm

This is a pretty good website.

UNHFan
August 28th, 2018, 11:53 AM
Thanks so much guys that site is phenomenal but I keep searching for the UNH Maine game It says fox go sports I click on it and it shows Oklahoma on Thursday night any help would be appreciated

Bisonator
August 28th, 2018, 12:00 PM
What are the viewing options for that UNI @ Montana game?

wcugrad95
August 28th, 2018, 12:17 PM
Not a plug for ESPN+, but right now they have a special where the free trial is 30 days instead of the normal 7. So signing up this week will get you through most of September. Page says this offer is good until 9/2.

https://plus.espn.com

RootinFerDukes
August 28th, 2018, 12:32 PM
Not a plug for ESPN+, but right now they have a special where the free trial is 30 days instead of the normal 7. So signing up this week will get you through most of September. Page says this offer is good until 9/2.

https://plus.espn.com

Thank you for pointing that out. I was likely going to just subscribe to it since I watch enough sports, even though JMU or the CAA don't compete in it. Obviously 30 days is better than 7 for free content.

For those who've used it so far, is it any different than ESPN3 in any way from a content quality perspective? I feel like it's just the same streaming content that used to be free that you now pay for.

Neighbor2
August 28th, 2018, 01:07 PM
I've only watched Prairie View/Rice so far. High quality broadcast. This one even included a play-by-play guy, David Saltzman, who I consider one of the very best on any network. Hope to see more of him. Sometimes, I just get tired of the same, old announcers. ESPN+ should give me many more options. The schedule listed already is far more comprehensive than the old ESPN college football upgrade package. MANY FCS and lower division games covered. They even have a new agreement with Ivy League for games every weekend.

VandalBasher
August 28th, 2018, 01:38 PM
http://www.espn.com/college-football/conferences/schedule/_/id/20

This has the major channels for CFB games.

Twentysix
August 28th, 2018, 01:41 PM
I've only watched Prairie View/Rice so far. High quality broadcast. This one even included a play-by-play guy, David Saltzman, who I consider one of the very best on any network. Hope to see more of him. Sometimes, I just get tired of the same, old announcers. ESPN+ should give me many more options. The schedule listed already is far more comprehensive than the old ESPN college football upgrade package. MANY FCS and lower division games covered. They even have a new agreement with Ivy League for games every weekend.

That may have had more to do with it being week 0 than it being on espn+.

I suspect ESPN+ will have no quality difference when compared to espn3. It's just a paywall.

CenMEBlackBearFan
August 28th, 2018, 02:13 PM
Thanks so much guys that site is phenomenal but I keep searching for the UNH Maine game It says fox go sports I click on it and it shows Oklahoma on Thursday night any help would be appreciated

Guess you will have to go to Orono, still plenty of tix leftxpeacex

UNHFan
August 28th, 2018, 02:24 PM
ESPN plus it’s worth every penny I love it and it’s gonna be even better for college football season

Reign of Terrier
August 28th, 2018, 02:38 PM
That may have had more to do with it being week 0 than it being on espn+.

I suspect ESPN+ will have no quality difference when compared to espn3. It's just a paywall.

ESPN is hemmoraging money (I misspelled that word but autocorrect on my phone won't fix it).

My advice: ESPN+ will almost certainly be worth your money if you follow an FCS team that isn't your states flagship University (the Dakotas, Montanas, New Hampshire). You can cancel the subscription any time. The point is that we FCS fans got a nice subsidy from ESPN subscribers with watchespn and ESPN3 for a while, but because ESPN is pressed for cash, they need creative ways to squeeze extra money from the rest of us and the ROI in the past model wasn't great.

So not much is going to change if the team you follow is the team of the market(in which case it was probably already on TV), but if not, it's a safe bet to just fork over the subscription.

ST_Lawson
August 28th, 2018, 02:56 PM
So not much is going to change if the team you follow is the team of the market(in which case it was probably already on TV), but if not, it's a safe bet to just fork over the subscription.

We are the team in the market...unfortunately we aren't actually a market (really...look up the list of all the TV markets in the country and search for Macomb...you won't find it...our TV stations come from 50+ miles away).

I figure, we have pretty cheap tickets to our games compared to most FCS schools and for the cost of essentially one home game ticket, I can have full-season access to a lot more FCS games including some of our away games, and help skew the viewing numbers towards the FCS and MVFC.
It's worth it for me.