PDA

View Full Version : The winner of the Celebration Bowl should automatically earn a seed in the FCS Playof

IBleedYellow
August 27th, 2018, 08:06 PM
Let's move the Celebration Bowl up a few weeks so that it plays the same round as round 1 of the FCS Playoffs.

Winner then hosts a team the next week in round two.

Then we get to have the best HBCU in the playoffs and they have a chance for the FCS Title.

Best of both worlds. HBCU gets their money, and gets to prove themselves to the rest of the FCS.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

citdog
August 27th, 2018, 08:07 PM
Commit programicide

IBleedYellow
August 27th, 2018, 08:07 PM
Yes, I realize it cut off playoffs.

katss07
August 27th, 2018, 08:12 PM
Maybe make it a first round game, then send the winner to play in round two. That way they have an excuse to why their team got beat by 30.

ASU33
August 27th, 2018, 08:13 PM
Sounds good in theory but on Thanksgiving weekend you still have several HBCUs still playing regular season games.

IBleedYellow
August 27th, 2018, 08:15 PM
Maybe make it a first round game, then send the winner to play in round two. That way they have an excuse to why their team got beat by 30.It is a first round game unless they change their schedules.

It's a give and take going on between the fake FCS schools and the HBCUs here in this situation.

IBleedYellow
August 27th, 2018, 08:16 PM
Sounds good in theory but on Thanksgiving weekend you still have several HBCUs still playing regular season games.You're going to have to compromise too here if you want the best of both worlds.

cx500d
August 27th, 2018, 08:27 PM
Sounds good in theory but on Thanksgiving weekend you still have several HBCUs still playing regular season games.

You guys have a lot of excuses....What's next, it will interfere with finals?

Lorne_Malvo
August 27th, 2018, 08:32 PM
No. Sorry.

FargoBison
August 27th, 2018, 08:46 PM
Seeds are earned, not handed out like candy. They can have a first round slot I guess but the SWAC would want no part of that.

IBleedYellow
August 27th, 2018, 08:54 PM
Seeds are earned, not handed out like candy. They can have a first round slot I guess but the SWAC would want no part of that.The seed is earned by being the best HBCU in the land.

Panther88
August 28th, 2018, 07:10 AM
Seeds are earned, not handed out like candy. They can have a first round slot I guess but the SWAC would want no part of that.

The SWAC wouldn’t. Hence our current direction & enjoyment. Enjoy your playoffs that the avg citizen doesn’t know exists, the killer fanbase of 100K per contest, & ESPN programming thinks is not worth their time or invested $$$. lol

Herder
August 28th, 2018, 07:25 AM
Hard to imagine having a superiority complex with a product that bad, but the SWAC and MEAC find a way.

The FCS championship would benefit from having the best IVY, SWAC and MEAC teams involved and their fan bases engaged. But taking your ball and going home seems to be the way it’s done in those leagues.

Bison56
August 28th, 2018, 08:13 AM
The SWAC wouldn’t. Hence our current direction & enjoyment. Enjoy your playoffs that the avg citizen doesn’t know exists, the killer fanbase of 100K per contest, & ESPN programming thinks is not worth their time or invested $$$. lol

Its cute how you try so hard.

Panther88
August 28th, 2018, 08:21 AM
Its cute how you try so hard (to tell the hurtful truth).

fify.

Good luck to all fcs playoff participants. We the SWAC are HIGHLY unconcerned, hence our recent past, current, & future direction. :D However, we are open to scheduling during OOC play.

Panther88
August 28th, 2018, 08:25 AM
Hard to imagine having a superiority complex with a product that bad, but the SWAC and MEAC find a way.

The FCS championship would benefit from having the best IVY, SWAC and MEAC teams involved and their fan bases engaged. But taking your ball and going home seems to be the way it’s done in those leagues.

Funny. That’s how the real college football powers (P5’ers bama, ohst, usc, flst, uofga, et al) think of trash fcs aka division 2 to them. Isn’t that peculiar?

Gil Dobie
August 28th, 2018, 08:28 AM

When I talk to the average Minnesota Gophers fan or football fan, they know about as much about the Celebration Bowl as they know about any FCS school outside of NDSU and maybe UND because of hockey. It's the nature of the beast. If you don't want to participate in the playoffs, that's fine. FCS, including the Celebration Bowl, is just not what the average citizen cares about, unless it's a local thing.

Panther88
August 28th, 2018, 08:36 AM
When I talk to the average Minnesota Gophers fan or football fan, they know about as much about the Celebration Bowl as they know about any FCS school outside of NDSU and maybe UND because of hockey. It's the nature of the beast. If you don't want to participate in the playoffs, that's fine. FCS, including the Celebration Bowl, is just not what the average citizen cares about, unless it's a local thing.

Ditto for this region. longhorns, aggies, (lsu) tigers, boomer sooner, & (okst) cowboys are the end be alls.

That’s why we are capitalizing on what we have available to us. It’s our niche and exposes coast to coast. The fcs playoffs doesn’t need the SWAC or MEAC. It’s functioning just fine w/out them. Not sure if any here are aware but there are talks occurring of a potential season ending game between the IVY vs SWAC/MEAC rep. :-O (1.5 months ago) Marinate... and bemoan. Show continuity lol.

POD Knows
August 28th, 2018, 08:37 AM
Funny. That’s how the real college football powers (G5’ers bama, ohst, usc, flst, uofga, et al) think of trash fcs aka division 2 to them. Isn’t that peculiar?I am sure they look at your conference like that, I am sure that the teams that NDSU has beaten in P5 remember who we are. A couple were at the top of their P5 conferences in the previous years. But yea, I am sure that most look at us like little brothers and wannabes. It is what it is.

Outsider1
August 28th, 2018, 08:37 AM
Funny how I had absolutely no clue what the Celebrating Bowl was until I saw some talking about it here and had to go Google it........

Outsider1
August 28th, 2018, 08:40 AM
The FCS is what it is, period... If a few wish to think they are s step above that is their prerogative. Future deals can be whatever anyone wishes, I'll still support the teams and the fans.

Gil Dobie
August 28th, 2018, 08:40 AM
Ditto for this region. longhorns, aggies, (lsu) tigers, boomer sooner, &!(okst) cowboys are the end be alls.

That’s why we are capitalizing on what we have available to us. It’s our niche and exposes coast to coast. The fcs playoffs doesn’t need the SWAC or MEAC. It’s functioning just fine w/out them.

I can see where the Celebration Bowl brings more money into the SWAC and MEAC participants than the FCS playoffs, therefore making the teams better, coaching better and facilities better. NDSU has capitalized on the FCS playoffs, with sold out crowds and a swollen bank account for the booster club. I'm sure you all would be welcome back in the future if things change.

Panther88
August 28th, 2018, 08:41 AM
I am sure they look at your conference like that, I am sure that the teams that NDSU has beaten in P5 remember who we are. A couple were at the top of their P5 conferences in the previous years. But yea, I am sure that most look at us like little brothers and wannabes. It is what it is.

You need to speak w/ aggie/longhorn grads. It will change your life lol. They are the top of the food chain, & rightfully so since they earned that right, currently.

Professor
August 28th, 2018, 08:43 AM
Ditto for this region. longhorns, aggies, (lsu) tigers, boomer sooner, & (okst) cowboys are the end be alls.

That’s why we are capitalizing on what we have available to us. It’s our niche and exposes coast to coast. The fcs playoffs doesn’t need the SWAC or MEAC. It’s functioning just fine w/out them. Not sure if any here are aware but there are talks occurring of a potential season ending game between the IVY vs SWAC/MEAC rep. :-O (1.5 months ago) Marinate... and bemoan. Show continuity lol.

Pretty Much

POD Knows
August 28th, 2018, 08:48 AM
You need to speak w/ aggie/longhorn grads. It will change your life lol. They are the top of the food chain, & rightfully so since they earned that right, currently.NDSU would beat both the Aggies and Longhorns, maybe. I would love to go down there and play them, I am sure they would be as smug and confident as Kansas State, the defending Big 12 Champions, and the Iowa Hawkeyes, who played in the Rose Bowl that year (albeit an ass kicking in that bowl)were when we played them but I get the P5, top of the food chain deal. We have to hear that from the idiot Minnesota Gopher fans and they have been lame for a while and refuse to play us for various reasons.

God damn it I wish you guys would have beaten Rice. I need to get my ESPN+ thing going so I can watch the reply.

ASU33
August 28th, 2018, 09:40 AM
You're going to have to compromise too here if you want the best of both worlds.

We're not compromising anything that we have now that works for us and our athletic departments.

dewey
August 28th, 2018, 10:18 AM
We're not compromising anything that we have now that works for us and our athletic departments.

Don't you guys want to prove on the field who the best team is in the country? A seed after the Celebration Bowl seems like a great way to get the SWAC and MEAC schools into the FCS playoffs plus bring a ton of money into those conferences via the Celebration Bowl.

Dewey

IBleedYellow
August 28th, 2018, 10:28 AM

Then stop trying to claim that you are the Champion of the FCS. You can't have money and play in the FCS Playoffs without some compromise. I'm trying to see a way that you could, but you clearly don't actually want that.

VandalBasher
August 28th, 2018, 10:51 AM
This!

There has to be a method to allow the SWAC and MEAC to complete in the playoffs. Additionally, I believe each conference should be allowed a conference championship and reduce the overall number of playoff spots to 16 with auto-bids for each champion.

WileECoyote06
August 28th, 2018, 10:55 AM
Then stop trying to claim that you are the Champion of the FCS. You can't have money and play in the FCS Playoffs without some compromise. I'm trying to see a way that you could, but you clearly don't actually want that.

Who did that? The Football Championship Subdivision champion is North Dakota State University. The consensus DI Black College Champion is North Carolina A&T State University.

https://media.giphy.com/media/FxEwsOF1D79za/giphy.gif

WileECoyote06
August 28th, 2018, 10:56 AM
This!

There has to be a method to allow the SWAC and MEAC to complete in the playoffs. Additionally, I believe each conference should be allowed a conference championship and reduce the overall number of playoff spots to 16 with auto-bids for each champion.

This is a non-starter as long as Alabama State, Grambling St., and Southern University prefer to keep their nationally televised Thanksgiving weekend games. *shrug*

ASU33
August 28th, 2018, 10:59 AM

No one EVER claimed we were the Champion on FCS. The Celebration Bowl determines the HBCU National champ. One website writes an article and y'all start freaking out.

MTfan4life
August 28th, 2018, 11:32 AM
Seeds are earned, not handed out like candy.

Observers of Jacksonville State the past few years might disagree with you there. xcoffeex

BEAR
August 28th, 2018, 11:58 AM
Observers of Jacksonville State the past few years might disagree with you there. xcoffeex

McNeese fans are wondering the same after last year too! xlolx

GAD
August 28th, 2018, 12:01 PM
You're going to have to compromise too here if you want the best of both worlds.

Turkey Day Classic and Bayou Classic are on Thanksgiving weekend, those games were on that weekend before 1978 that will not change.
If either side was willing to change dates this would never be an issue

Panther88
August 28th, 2018, 12:19 PM

No one ever exclaimed we were an "fcs champion." We have a BCF National Champion.

POD Knows
August 28th, 2018, 01:45 PM
No one ever exclaimed we were an "fcs champion." We have a BCF National Champion.Who is the defending NCAA Division 1 Football Champion?

Big Dawg
August 28th, 2018, 01:56 PM

You do realize Alabama State has been playing on Thanksgiving since the 20s, right?

Professor
August 28th, 2018, 02:03 PM
No one EVER claimed we were the Champion on FCS. The Celebration Bowl determines the HBCU National champ. One website writes an article and y'all start freaking out.

Pretty much

Professor
August 28th, 2018, 02:08 PM
Who is the defending NCAA Division 1 Football Champion?

Division I-A / FBS - Alabama

Division I-AA / FCS - NDSU

Lorne_Malvo
August 28th, 2018, 02:09 PM

Wrong answer. 1-A doesn't have a Championship.

Twentysix
August 28th, 2018, 02:15 PM

Not an NCAA championship anyway.

OhioHen
August 28th, 2018, 02:37 PM
The consensus DI Black College Champion is North Carolina A&T State University.

But that declaration is based on a flawed premise as not all DI Black Colleges are eligible to participate in the "championship" game.

ASU33
August 28th, 2018, 02:45 PM
But that declaration is based on a flawed premise as not all DI Black Colleges are eligible to participate in the "championship" game.

That may be the case but as of right now the pollster have decided that the winner of the Celebration Bowl would be crowned Champion. There have been a BCS type formula proposed to include Tennessee State and Hampton but that won't be looked at until 2019.

POD Knows
August 28th, 2018, 02:45 PM
Wrong answer. 1-A doesn't have a Championship.They have a championship, it is just not an NCAA CHampionship

POD Knows
August 28th, 2018, 02:46 PM

Division I-AA / FCS - NDSUWrong

ASU33
August 28th, 2018, 03:05 PM
Wrong

Whatever kinda of technicalities that will make you sleep better roll with it but when you search NCAA Bowl Subdivision Champions Alabama comes up. Even on the NCAAs website.

JSUSoutherner
August 28th, 2018, 03:53 PM
Division I-A / FBS - Alabama/ UCF

FIFY xlolx

PAllen
August 28th, 2018, 04:13 PM
I don't think they ever would agree, nor do I think they necessarily should. The teams in the MEAC and SWAC have found something that gives them much more exposure and is much more profitable than even winning the FCS championship would. I doubt that there would be much of an appetite for turning their primier event into a play in game for a 2nd tier tournament.

POD Knows
August 28th, 2018, 06:25 PM
Whatever kinda of technicalities that will make you sleep better roll with it but when you search NCAA Bowl Subdivision Champions Alabama comes up. Even on the NCAAs website.Don't take this seriously, I won a couple bar bets with that question. I wasn't really even trying to make a point, I understand the FCS role in the college football world.

WileECoyote06
August 28th, 2018, 07:10 PM
That may be the case but as of right now the pollster have decided that the winner of the Celebration Bowl would be crowned Champion. There have been a BCS type formula proposed to include Tennessee State and Hampton but that won't be looked at until 2019.

Probably wouldn't even take that. Tennessee State just needs to win the OVC and win maybe a playoff game and they'll be awarded the championship. That's what happened in 2013. Ironically, they lost earlier that year to BCU. So there wasn't a consensus. . . among the nine agencies.

FUGameBreaker
August 29th, 2018, 03:44 AM
Have not read through this thread all the way but lets not forget the HBCU (mainly MEAC) track record in the playoffs, its terrible for a reason

Professor
August 29th, 2018, 08:23 AM

Lol sure

walliver
August 29th, 2018, 08:42 AM
In order for this proposal (Celebration Champ gets FCS seed) to work, the following have to occur:
1) Grambling and Southern have to ditch the Bayou Classic or make major alterations ($$$)
2) SWAC has to ditch conference championship game - already done
3) The Celebration Bowl would have to be played on FBS "Rivalry Weekend" - game attendance might be OK but a definite loss of TV revenue ($$$$).

WileECoyote06
August 29th, 2018, 09:12 AM
In order for this proposal (Celebration Champ gets FCS seed) to work, the following have to occur:
1) Grambling and Southern have to ditch the Bayou Classic or make major alterations ($$$)
3) The Celebration Bowl would have to be played on FBS "Rivalry Weekend" - game attendance might be OK but a definite loss of TV revenue ($$$$).

Good point. There is no way we'd be able to keep that spot on ABC. Welp, oh well it's settled. The Celebration Bowl stays where it is, and we keep on doing what we're doing.

*shrug*

ASU33
August 29th, 2018, 11:30 AM

1.Southern/Grambling, The Turkey Day Classic and Texas Southern/Prairie View are all during the week of Thanksgiving

2. The SWAC title game is back on. It was announced that it was canceled last year but it's back on and in Birmingham now.

3. It makes zero sense to lose tv revenue, or any significance to the Celebration Bowl.

The Cats
August 29th, 2018, 11:45 AM
Let's move the Celebration Bowl up a few weeks so that it plays the same round as round 1 of the FCS Playoffs.

Winner then hosts a team the next week in round two.

Then we get to have the best HBCU in the playoffs and they have a chance for the FCS Title.

Best of both worlds. HBCU gets their money, and gets to prove themselves to the rest of the FCS.

Sorry, but no...... Why would you guarantee two conferences a second-round game?????

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRLl9iz681pzmfHs-TBPOpQ9fX_2tlaHIE6MYnUO25iFZntAIUP

ASU33
August 29th, 2018, 01:21 PM
Probably wouldn't even take that. Tennessee State just needs to win the OVC and win maybe a playoff game and they'll be awarded the championship. That's what happened in 2013. Ironically, they lost earlier that year to BCU. So there wasn't a consensus. . . among the nine agencies.

I was talking about the Celebration Bowl. Dr. Harvey from Hampton was talking about using a BCS style ranking system that would include Hampton and Tennessee State in on the Celebration Bowl. The deal was that if Hampton or TSU failed to get a playoff bid but was ranked higher than a MEAC or SWAC Champ that they would get the CB bid. I can post the interview from youtube give me sec.

Bison56
August 29th, 2018, 02:03 PM
I was talking about the Celebration Bowl. Dr. Harvey from Hampton was talking about using a BCS style ranking system that would include Hampton and Tennessee State in on the Celebration Bowl. The deal was that if Hampton or TSU failed to get a playoff bid but was ranked higher than a MEAC or SWAC Champ that they would get the CB bid. I can post the interview from youtube give me sec.

How do you think the conference champs would feel about something like that? I think that would raise more of a fuss than NC A&T beating JSU.:)

WileECoyote06
August 29th, 2018, 02:06 PM

I'd see this as interesting if Harvey wasn't involved. He took his team out of the conference, leaving some bad blood. I'm definitely not seeing the COP of the MEAC as being amenable to this. Also there's the whole Notre Dame-like factor. If Hampton or TSU make the Celebration Bowl, they'd get to keep the million dollar payout. I'd slap Chancellor Akinyele upside the head if he voted yes for that kind of deal.

- - - Updated - - -

How do you think the conference champs would feel about something like that? I think that would raise more of a fuss than NC A&T beating JSU.:)

It would start World War V.

GAD
August 29th, 2018, 02:26 PM
HELL NO! If they want to go to the Celebration Bowl they can join the SWAC or MEAC
Don't even entertain that BS

cx500d
August 29th, 2018, 02:49 PM
HELL NO! If they want to go to the Celebration Bowl they can join the SWAC or MEAC
Ok, so what you are saying is it’s really just a championship between two conferences, not a Hbcu championship.

GAD
August 29th, 2018, 02:51 PM
Ok, so what you are saying is it’s really just a championship between two conferences, not a Hbcu championship.
yep

Panther88
August 29th, 2018, 03:21 PM

+1. How’s that ice over there Hampton and TnSU? lol

WileECoyote06
August 29th, 2018, 03:55 PM
Well there are Multiple selectors bestowing that title. The winner of the Celebration Bowl has been awarded the de facto BCF title, but even the D2 HBCUs are eligible for some of the awards. They usually have a higher standard to meet, for example WSSU playing in the national championship a few years ago.

Serpentor
August 29th, 2018, 04:19 PM

That excuse doesn't fly with Ivy Leaguers either!

Bison Fan in NW MN
August 29th, 2018, 05:36 PM
To the original title: No way.

SWAC and MEAC have something that works for them.

ASU33
August 29th, 2018, 07:20 PM

It would hell. But for that to play out you're looking at a multiple loss conference champ and a Tennessee State or Hampton squad with multiple losses who just missed the playoffs. It's almost too much of a perfect storm to ever occur.

mvfcfan
August 29th, 2018, 07:52 PM
I think it would be nice if the FCS Championship game got as much attention as a bowl game played by two conferences that aren't good enough to play in the playoffs. I also think it would be nice if those two conferences weren't eligible for at-large bids.

Bisonoline
August 29th, 2018, 07:58 PM
Why should they earn a seed in the playoffs? They should be evaluated on there SOS and the product they put on the field. If they are good enough for a seed fine. If not they have to play their way in like other teams. Or if they arent deemed good enough to be in the playoffs then they arent in the playoffs.

cx500d
August 29th, 2018, 08:19 PM
Why should they earn a seed in the playoffs? They should be evaluated on there SOS and the product they put on the field. If they are good enough for a seed fine. If not they have to play their way in like other teams. Or if they arent deemed good enough to be in the playoffs then they arent in the playoffs.

For the same reason nec pioneer et al earn a seed. This is championship of two conferences.

Edit: ok not a seed as 1-8, but an automatic berth.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WileECoyote06
August 29th, 2018, 08:28 PM
I think it would be nice if the FCS Championship game got as much attention as a bowl game played by two conferences that aren't good enough to play in the playoffs. I also think it would be nice if those two conferences weren't eligible for at-large bids.

Thank you for your opinion. The FCS championship game gets quite a bit of hype. Has good viewership numbers as well. The first and second round . . . not so much.

Bisonoline
August 29th, 2018, 09:49 PM
For the same reason nec pioneer et al earn a seed. This is championship of two conferences.

Now thats a horse of a different color.:D

andthehomeofthe-BIZON-
August 29th, 2018, 10:10 PM
Ya know, the winner of the DII championship should probably get a seed....

Bisonoline
August 29th, 2018, 10:17 PM

If SHSU and JSU can get an AQ with the teams they play it would only be fair to let the champeen of the Celebration in as well.

Professor
August 30th, 2018, 08:13 AM

Bwhahahaha, Now we aren't " good enough " to be in the playoffs. Maybe you should add the OVC and Big South considering we have beat teams from that conference in the last 2 years . Can't beat us on the field but we are the ones not worthy lol

walliver
August 30th, 2018, 09:31 AM
Ya know, the winner of the DII championship should probably get a seed....

We don't want that ... the D2 champion would probably surprise a lot of people.

Panther88
August 30th, 2018, 09:48 AM
+1. How’s that ice over there Hampton and TnSU? lol

*crickets*

xlolx

mvfcfan
August 30th, 2018, 01:17 PM
Bwhahahaha, Now we aren't " good enough " to be in the playoffs. Maybe you should add the OVC and Big South considering we have beat teams from that conference in the last 2 years . Can't beat us on the field but we are the ones not worthy lol

Pretty sure I saw where the SWAC hasn't beaten an FBS team since 1985. I'm not sure how you can even talk about other leagues. If you're good enough then come prove it in the playoffs. The MVFC on the other hand has won at least one FBS game for 8 consecutive seasons. The SWAC and MEAC are basically Pioneer League quality. By the way, Jacksonville State hasn't even won a playoff game for two consecutive seasons, so if that's the big win for the abstain schools then that's pretty sad.

ASU33
August 30th, 2018, 02:07 PM
Pretty sure I saw where the SWAC hasn't beaten an FBS team since 1985. I'm not sure how you can even talk about other leagues. If you're good enough then come prove it in the playoffs. The MVFC on the other hand has won at least one FBS game for 8 consecutive seasons. The SWAC and MEAC are basically Pioneer League quality. By the way, Jacksonville State hasn't even won a playoff game for two consecutive seasons, so if that's the big win for the abstain schools then that's pretty sad.

The SWAC went a VERY long period without playing ANY FBS games so that number is skewed a little bit. In 2006 Alabama State played Troy and that was our first FBS game since the early 80s. FBS just started rolling back on our schedules in the mid to late 2000s. Since that 2006 Troy matchup we've only played 6 FBS opponents in that stretch.

WileECoyote06
August 30th, 2018, 03:59 PM

-signed, South Carolina fan.

S-E-C! S-E-C! S-E-C!

cx500d
August 30th, 2018, 10:39 PM

wrong, pioneer league winner has at least won consecutive year playoff games

Twentysix
August 30th, 2018, 10:44 PM
We don't want that ... the D2 champion would probably surprise a lot of people.

Hypothetically speaking thats actually an awesome idea.

D3 champ should get an auto into like the quarters of the D2 playoffs, D2 Champion should get an auto into the FCS playoffs, FCS champion should get a slot in the CFP.

A hot D3 team could win the whole thing xD. That could make an amazing year every now and again.

You could slot every tourney champion into the quarters vs the #1 seed (hypothetically it should usually be a very easy game for the division higher, so it makes sense they would play vs the #1). Let's pitch this idea to the NCAA.

cx500d
August 30th, 2018, 10:51 PM

D3 champ should get an auto into like the quarters of the D2 playoffs, D2 Champion should get an auto into the FCS playoffs, FCS champion should get a slot in the CFP.

A hot D3 team could win the whole thing xD. That could make an amazing year every now and again.

You could slot every tourney champion into the quarters vs the #1 seed (hypothetically it should usually be a very easy game for the division higher, so it makes sense they would play vs the #1). Let's pitch this idea to the NCAA.
I thought wrestling used to do this

Twentysix
August 30th, 2018, 11:01 PM
I thought wrestling used to do this

Seems awesome.

OhioHen
August 31st, 2018, 07:35 AM

Only works if playoffs for different levels are staggered. D-III championship in mid-December would push D-II championship to 2nd week of January would push FCS title game to week before the Super Bowl.

At least there would be a game worth watching that weekend.

Professor
August 31st, 2018, 09:28 AM

So A&T is in the MEAC. And it's great how you want to celebrate how good your conference is when NDSU carries it , year in and out. How can you talk about quality and you were 0-11 last year. Apparently beating the 4x time back to back conference champ of the OVC isn't good enough for Indiana State

WileECoyote06
August 31st, 2018, 09:59 AM
So A&T is in the MEAC. And it's great how you want to celebrate how good your conference is when NDSU carries it , year in and out. How can you talk about quality and you were 0-11 last year. Apparently beating the 4x time back to back conference champ of the OVC isn't good enough for Indiana State

Thus my -signed, South Carolina fan comment from before.

Professor
August 31st, 2018, 11:35 AM
Thus my -signed, South Carolina fan comment from before.

Lol oh i got it. But i think it needed to be addressed. Indiana State lol. And you talking about quality? Honestly it's those type of teams we need to be scheduling Home and home game with to help raise the conference profile

ASU33
August 31st, 2018, 01:09 PM
Lol oh i got it. But i think it needed to be addressed. Indiana State lol. And you talking about quality? Honestly it's those type of teams we need to be scheduling Home and home game with to help raise the conference profile

Some times I'm amazed. This was one of those times.

KnightoftheRedFlash
September 3rd, 2018, 06:00 AM
NDSU would beat both the Aggies and Longhorns, maybe. I would love to go down there and play them, I am sure they would be as smug and confident as Kansas State, the defending Big 12 Champions, and the Iowa Hawkeyes, who played in the Rose Bowl that year (albeit an ass kicking in that bowl)were when we played them but I get the P5, top of the food chain deal. We have to hear that from the idiot Minnesota Gopher fans and they have been lame for a while and refuse to play us for various reasons.

God damn it I wish you guys would have beaten Rice. I need to get my ESPN+ thing going so I can watch the reply.

The Hawkeyes didn't play in the Rose Bowl the year NDSU beat them.

Twentysix
September 3rd, 2018, 06:53 AM
The Hawkeyes didn't play in the Rose Bowl the year NDSU beat them.

Yeah the hawkeyes only won 8 FBS games that year (6-3 in Big Ten play). They were in the Rose Bowl the year before NDSU beat them, because they lost the Big Ten championship to Michigan State (16-13). Otherwise they would have been in the CFP.

major095
September 3rd, 2018, 08:04 AM
Yeah, if you want to host you have to pay with cash, not candy.xrolleyesx

major095
September 3rd, 2018, 08:16 AM
If the playoffs are so great then pay your light bill with the proceeds. Football is a business and until the playoffs follow a plan that actually involves financial gain it makes no sense to participate. Schools don't have programs just for fun.

NDSUtk
September 3rd, 2018, 10:22 AM
If the playoffs are so great then pay your light bill with the proceeds. Football is a business and until the playoffs follow a plan that actually involves financial gain it makes no sense to participate. Schools don't have programs just for fun.Actually most sports lose money. So schools do have programs just for fun.

Nor Eastern
September 3rd, 2018, 10:24 AM
Actually most sports lose money. So schools do have programs just for fun.

Or you know, to meet Title IX.

NDSUtk
September 3rd, 2018, 10:28 AM
Or you know, to meet Title IX.Well, yes, to some degree but if it was only for Title IX, they wouldn't have the non-revenue male sports. Men's cross country, track and field, baseball, golf, swimming, diving, tennis...