PDA

View Full Version : Brian McLaughlin is Mad at Bison and Dukes Fans

Derby City Duke
August 26th, 2018, 10:06 PM
BrianMacWriter must've gotten hammered on Twitter after calling A&T's win last night a 'statement' win. Apparently enough that he had to write another collumn:

https://herosports.com/fcs/football-jmu-ndsu-fans-chill-out-on-fcs-kickoff-classic-ajaj

Discuss the merits of HeroSports at your leisure...

Reign of Terrier
August 26th, 2018, 10:55 PM
I don't agree with him on NC A&T being top 10 (top 20 definitely and top 15 likely).

Having said that I do agree that for some fanbases, if you don't play in the MVFC or play in Fargo, ND, you're a garbage program and thats not only unfair but totally fallacious.

I've been around FCS football message boards for 10 years or so. Maybe it's Twitter it maybe I just misremember the good ole days, but it feels like everything is negative.

BisonFan02
August 26th, 2018, 11:00 PM
I don't agree with him on NC A&T being top 10 (top 20 definitely and top 15 likely).

Having said that I do agree that for some fanbases, if you don't play in the MVFC or play in Fargo, ND, you're a garbage program and thats not only unfair but totally fallacious.

I've been around FCS football message boards for 10 years or so. Maybe it's Twitter it maybe I just misremember the good ole days, but it feels like everything is negative.

Put yourself in a Bison fan's shoes....we see JSU and SHSU like schools getting propped up and getting seeds.....send them to Fargo and they get taken to the woodshed. over...and over.....and over...I credit a lot of the cynicism to that.

Reign of Terrier
August 26th, 2018, 11:03 PM
Put yourself in a Bison fan's shoes....we see JSU and SHSU like schools getting propped up and getting seeds.....send them to Fargo and they get taken to the woodshed. over...and over.....and over...I credit a lot of the cynicism to that.

Counterpoint: who *hasn't* been taken to the woodshed by NDSU in the last 7 years? I mean EWU and JMU obviously, but it's kind of the norm so IMO I don't see the need for it

katss07
August 26th, 2018, 11:05 PM
I find lots of FCS fans on social media stupid. To discredit this win is a joke. A&T beat a team regarded as a consistent top 15 team. It’s disrespectful to discredit A&T for this win. I don’t agree that NCA&T is a quarterfinal team, but they could give a few teams fits in the playoffs. Its earlyso of course mistakes will be made.

Hero is okay, I’ll give them credit they’ve stepped up their game lately. I think this is a fair article.

katss07
August 26th, 2018, 11:07 PM
So because these teams lose to a 6 time champ thats the definition of a dynasty makes them GARBAGE? Not everyone who loses to NDSU and isn’t in the valley sucks.

BisonFan02
August 26th, 2018, 11:08 PM
Counterpoint: who *hasn't* been taken to the woodshed by NDSU in the last 7 years? I mean EWU and JMU obviously, but it's kind of the norm so IMO I don't see the need for it

Both JSU and NC A&T were going to try to use this as a SOS booster type of win....especially JSU for playoff implications since the OVC schedule leaves a lot to be desired. Its still going to happen by the way.....What happens when they are a 1 loss team heading into selection time? Best win is either Austin Peay or KSU? Give me a ****ing break.

I also get frustrated when the FCS gets the opportunity to showcase their "brand" and that was what we got. McLaughlin cites the NDSU/Montana game in his argument. That was a MUCH better environment and game to watch......correct?

andthehomeofthe-BIZON-
August 26th, 2018, 11:32 PM

Eh, I have way more respect for Woffy than JSU or Sammy. When thinking of teams like JMU, Wofford, SDSU, you can't help but think "They are who we thought they were". Solid programs that play sound ball. Us ****ting on the JSU or SHSU isn't new. We've argued for years they're paper tigers in the top 5. At least SHSU can win playoff games.

JSUSoutherner
August 26th, 2018, 11:33 PM
Hey Brian, if you're reading this, I'm neither a JMU nor a Bison fan.

JSU was garbage. We played like a steaming dog pile.

Bisonoline
August 27th, 2018, 12:48 AM

That might be part of it for some but I wasnt thinking that when watching the game. My thoughts were--there is no way JSU is a top 10 team. I didnt base that on the penalties. I based it on the product I saw on the field.

FargoBison
August 27th, 2018, 01:18 AM
JSU isn't a top 10 team and it has been a while since they have been one, I have a lot of respect for Brian but I've grown tired of JSU being propped up and this goes way beyond comparing them to a NDSU or JMU. They are a middle of a pack kind of team in either the CAA or MVFC.

Professor Chaos
August 27th, 2018, 06:13 AM

Eh, I have way more respect for Woffy than JSU or Sammy. When thinking of teams like JMU, Wofford, SDSU, you can't help but think "They are who we thought they were". Solid programs that play sound ball. Us ****ting on the JSU or SHSU isn't new. We've argued for years they're paper tigers in the top 5. At least SHSU can win playoff games.
I understand the points you guys are making but I think it's unfair to lump in SHSU with Jacksonville St. While they never do it against NDSU (but like YT said outside of JMU in '16 no one has) they have beaten a lot of good teams from the Big Sky, CAA, and elsewhere in the playoffs. They have actually outperformed their seed most years in comparison to JSU who has really underperformed to their seed over the last 4 years. If you want to look for other underperforming, traditionally highly seeded teams I'd say someone like EWU deserves that stigma more than SHSU.

Derby City Duke
August 27th, 2018, 06:16 AM
I did hit him up on Twitter -- from the perspective of 'hey, this is a national exposure game for FCS -- and the quality of play overall sucked.' Combined penalty yardage more than twice the number of yards rushing combined, 3 botched kicks, and JSU had more penalty yards total than A&T had in total offense.

The optics were terrible for the fan who tuned into the game who had never seen an FCS-level game before Saturday night.

clenz
August 27th, 2018, 06:53 AM
I’m a fan of neither.

That was not good football. Those teams looked real bad. To have #6 and #14 next to their names on the screen all night wasn’t great optics.

Maybe it’s because it was game #1, but that looked like a a mid/low level CAA MVFC Big Sky SoCon level game.

AT won. That great for them. They had 140 total yards. The difference was a special teams TD - which they set up nicely.

If those are two top 10 teams, then the FCS doesn’t have 5 good teams.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Evolution Prime
August 27th, 2018, 07:51 AM
I don't know what this guy is talking about. NDSU and JMU fans are the most humble fans in the FCS.

DFW HOYA
August 27th, 2018, 08:06 AM
Put yourself in a Bison fan's shoes....we see JSU and SHSU like schools getting propped up and getting seeds.....send them to Fargo and they get taken to the woodshed. over...and over.....and over...

Next year's visit to Newark is NDSU's first visit east since....?

POD Knows
August 27th, 2018, 08:08 AM
I understand the points you guys are making but I think it's unfair to lump in SHSU with Jacksonville St. While they never do it against NDSU (but like YT said outside of JMU in '16 no one has) they have beaten a lot of good teams from the Big Sky, CAA, and elsewhere in the playoffs. They have actually outperformed their seed most years in comparison to JSU who has really underperformed to their seed over the last 4 years. If you want to look for other underperforming, traditionally highly seeded teams I'd say someone like EWU deserves that stigma more than SHSU.SHSU has had good football teams and they show it in the playoffs until they have to play NDSU, they simply do not match up well against us.

POD Knows
August 27th, 2018, 08:09 AM
I did hit him up on Twitter -- from the perspective of 'hey, this is a national exposure game for FCS -- and the quality of play overall sucked.' Combined penalty yardage more than twice the number of yards rushing combined, 3 botched kicks, and JSU had more penalty yards total than A&T had in total offense.

The optics were terrible for the fan who tuned into the game who had never seen an FCS-level game before Saturday night.And the ****ty crowd, overall it was not good.

Prime Power
August 27th, 2018, 08:09 AM
It was a big win for the Aggies and everything is on schedule for the remainder of the year. JSU will go on to a great record in a piss poor conference then get blasted in the playoffs after an undeserving seed thanks to that Auburn game back in 2015. NC A&T will go on to win a a very deserving National Championship bowl game.

As far as the game it was a week zero game and it had mistakes just like a lot of week 1 games will have, not sure why that is such a big issue. Fans of these teams will overreact and say the season is over, that team A or team B is garbage or overrated, but these teams will prove otherwise.

As far as Mclaughlin is concerned, he needs to talk with his fellow Hero sports writers because they feel the same as many fans; that game and those teams were not good.

Prime Power
August 27th, 2018, 08:11 AM

They visit teams to the east every year. What is your point?

RootinFerDukes
August 27th, 2018, 08:13 AM
I'm a JMU fan and I was impressed by A&T for winning a game they were not "supposed" to win. They also surprised me with their better than expected defense.

The game as a whole was hampered by the sloppy, penalty ridden play of both teams. It was not a pretty game in that respect. I won't sugar coat that.

POD Knows
August 27th, 2018, 08:13 AM
Next year's visit to Newark is NDSU's first visit east since....?The last time we played Youngstown out there, that is east to us. :D
Actually, that is a pretty good question, it has been a long time, I went back to 2004 and we haven't been east since then. Looking forward to it, I hope the change in time zones and east coast heat doesn't get to us. xlolx

RootinFerDukes
August 27th, 2018, 08:32 AM
I would define "east" as anything in the eastern time zone. NDSU goes to YSU every other year, or thereabout. If you're defining it as a state that borders the Atlantic ocean, who knows how long that's been.

Professor Chaos
August 27th, 2018, 08:43 AM
Probably 2006 when they went to Statesboro, GA to play at Georgia Southern. Delaware will be their furthest trip to the northeast that I can recall.

katstrapper
August 27th, 2018, 09:16 AM
I find lots of FCS fans on social media stupid. To discredit this win is a joke. A&T beat a team regarded as a consistent top 15 team. It’s disrespectful to discredit A&T for this win. I don’t agree that NCA&T is a quarterfinal team, but they could give a few teams fits in the playoffs. Its earlyso of course mistakes will be made.

Hero is okay, I’ll give them credit they’ve stepped up their game lately. I think this is a fair article.

I'm not sure it was a statement win, but I think it was a huge win for A&T, especially over a team that is in top 5 or 10 every year. I think this game validates their undefeated season last year. AND,. lets not forget that A&T has a new head coach this year.

I bet John Grass went to the excuse book after that loss though.xlolx

Sycamore62
August 27th, 2018, 09:23 AM

your wrong because your team sucks and you are stupid. its not negative.

Daytripper
August 27th, 2018, 09:38 AM

So, the team that consistently wins, has the longest home winning streak in the nation, and beats everybody in their playoff path (including Valley teams) the last few years except the eventual national champion, is a paper tiger?

IBleedYellow
August 27th, 2018, 09:39 AM
Meh,

I'll give SHSU credit, they at least get to the SEMI's most years. It's just the fact that they can't make that step to become a good team to an elite team. Whether it's a mental block or something else, I don't know.

EDIT: Also - apparently it's only NDSU and JMU fans that enjoy seeing well disciplined teams play? and we're crucified for this?

Daytripper
August 27th, 2018, 09:45 AM
Meh,

I'll give SHSU credit, they at least get to the SEMI's most years. It's just the fact that they can't make that step to become a good team to an elite team. Whether it's a mental block or something else, I don't know.

The next step is winning the natty. Only two teams have done that in the past 7 years. I guess every team in FCS except NDSU and JMU have a "mental block?" Or is it that you guys are just that good? Are you capable of beating your chest and talking about your domination without s***ing on others?

IBleedYellow
August 27th, 2018, 09:48 AM
The next step is winning the natty. Only two teams have done that in the past 7 years. I guess every team in FCS except NDSU and JMU have a "mental block?" Or is it that you guys are just that good? Are you capable of beating your chest and talking about your domination without s***ing on others?

I'm calling a spade a spade dude. When you guys have played the top team(s) the past 7 years you haven't looked good except for ONE GAME. What else do you want me to say? "Oh they looked okay but they still lost."

Bull****. Y'all have gotten absolutely STOMPED except the 2011 Title game.

JSUSoutherner
August 27th, 2018, 09:49 AM
And the ****ty crowd, overall it was not good.That one's on ESPN and Montgomery.

We had a bad crowd last year for the kickoff but our home opener looked like this.

Against a team who isn't even a rival.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180827/ddda736e0ee7b62c35de0c4ac259c788.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180827/7ff97e8781e57fe67032dbed9f839634.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy S9+ using Tapatalk

walliver
August 27th, 2018, 10:01 AM
This game didn't make FCS look good. I was especially bothered by the incredible number of stupid after-the-play unsportsmanlike conduct penalties on both sides.

On the other hand, the big networks have a complete slate of FBS games next week, and to the general non-FCS fan, this game will be quickly forgotten.

POD Knows
August 27th, 2018, 10:05 AM
That one's on ESPN and Montgomery.

We had a bad crowd last year for the kickoff but our home opener looked like this.

Against a team who isn't even a rival.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180827/ddda736e0ee7b62c35de0c4ac259c788.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180827/7ff97e8781e57fe67032dbed9f839634.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy S9+ using TapatalkThat's more like it.

JSUSoutherner
August 27th, 2018, 10:07 AM
That's more like it.
Too bad. ESPN and Montgomery are contracted to screw the FCS for at least another two years. We are skipping next year and are supposedly back in it again in 2020.

If they weren't dumb they'd have it at our place.

Oh well.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

ST_Lawson
August 27th, 2018, 11:23 AM
If they weren't dumb they'd have it at our place.

Yup. You get good crowds at home, your band is really good, it's a nice looking stadium. Put the game there.

Bisonator
August 27th, 2018, 12:03 PM
When's the last time Georgetown played anyone west of the Mississippi? Your point??

Professor
August 27th, 2018, 12:07 PM
Who knew lil ol A&T could create all this conversation

andthehomeofthe-BIZON-
August 27th, 2018, 12:16 PM
So, the team that consistently wins, has the longest home winning streak in the nation, and beats everybody in their playoff path (including Valley teams) the last few years except the eventual national champion, is a paper tiger?

YES... lol, More about the fact I've not seen anything resembling metal toughness since the first championship game. When the going gets tough you fold like cheap suit. There are other teams not as talented that play with 50% more heart. Not saying I don't think you're good though. Just not made of the toughest stuff. ya know like paper

smallcollegefbfan
August 27th, 2018, 12:38 PM
Hey Brian, if you're reading this, I'm neither a JMU nor a Bison fan.

JSU was garbage. We played like a steaming dog pile.

They should have won but that QB from Clemson was not very good. Other than size I don't see why he started out at Clemson. QBs were not that good. I thought JSU gave the game away with some stupid mistakes. The kicking game was awful. Kickers who can't hit or bad lines getting blown up and allowing a block.

NDSU fans are a little tough but I get their pain. They don't see much competition out there. I do feel like the OVC, MEAC, SWAC, Big South, and NEC are like the G5s while the others are like P5 programs for the FCS. There is a definite gap.

Reign of Terrier
August 27th, 2018, 12:49 PM
I think it's fair to compare A&T as the Boise State or TCU (pre Big 12) of FCS. I like the G5 comparison but I still think most people (even NDSU fans) appreciate how much better NDSU is than the rest of the division.

It's an order of magnitude, not as big as say Bama over the Sun Belt, but I think the average SEC team over the Sun Belt may be a good comparison.

Daytripper
August 27th, 2018, 12:50 PM
YES... lol, More about the fact I've not seen anything resembling metal toughness since the first championship game. When the going gets tough you fold like cheap suit. There are other teams not as talented that play with 50% more heart. Not saying I don't think you're good though. Just not made of the toughest stuff. ya know like paper

This is fair, to an extent. We are tough enough to get to the semis. You can't get that far consistently if you are soft. But you are correct about road games deep in the playoffs. Something about those games... maybe they are against really, really good teams.

Grizalltheway
August 27th, 2018, 12:55 PM
Curious as to why they didn't select UM/UNI for this game.

Reign of Terrier
August 27th, 2018, 12:56 PM
This is fair, to an extent. We are tough enough to get to the semis. You can't get that far consistently if you are soft. But you are correct about road games deep in the playoffs. Something about those games... maybe they are against really, really good teams.

My opinion (FWIW) is that the spread style of play that Sam Houston plays has a higher probability of being blown out than other styles. Weather changes in December in a way that IMO disadvantages spread air raid teams (the ball is harder, etc.). Sam Houston wins games with offense, by keeping pace and scoring lots of points, but if you have a little hiccup, it's harder to keep up because you have to pass more and it's a vicious cycle.

That's probably not the only reason, I just personally value these intangibles (like heart and hard work) a little less when evaluating how teams do because I think they're usually more rhetoric (everyone works hard). I'm also not an expert on Sam Houston State. I just remember watching them play JMU and the above is what I thought.

There's a reason why pass happy spread teams usually get pummeled deep in the post season (look at Texas Tech, Hawaii, etc)

JSUSoutherner
August 27th, 2018, 12:57 PM
I think it's fair to compare A&T as the Boise State or TCU (pre Big 12) of FCS. I like the G5 comparison but I still think most people (even NDSU fans) appreciate how much better NDSU is than the rest of the division.

It's an order of magnitude, not as big as say Bama over the Sun Belt, but I think the average SEC team over the Sun Belt may be a good comparison.

Not sure LSU approves of that comparison.

Reign of Terrier
August 27th, 2018, 12:58 PM
Not sure LSU approves of that comparison.

Deep cut, good one ����

clenz
August 27th, 2018, 01:00 PM

Location.

I think this event is tied in to that “bowl” for 2 more years.

JSUSoutherner
August 27th, 2018, 01:04 PM
Location.

I think this event is tied in to that “bowl” for 2 more years.

At least.

dewey
August 27th, 2018, 01:12 PM

Northern Iowa at Montana under the lights...that would have been great. With the return of Bobby Hauck and a should be good UNI team.

The best FCS kickoff was probably 2015 with NDSU at Montana with the storylines of Bob Stitt, NDSU's 4 National Titles in a row, can Montana return to glory, Jesse Palmer and Brent Musberger doing the play by play. It felt like a big time Saturday night SEC game plus the hype of Carson Wentz.

Dewey

ASU33
August 27th, 2018, 01:48 PM
Who knew lil ol A&T could create all this conversation

It created the moving of the goal post!

Daytripper
August 27th, 2018, 02:28 PM
My opinion (FWIW) is that the spread style of play that Sam Houston plays has a higher probability of being blown out than other styles. Weather changes in December in a way that IMO disadvantages spread air raid teams (the ball is harder, etc.). Sam Houston wins games with offense, by keeping pace and scoring lots of points, but if you have a little hiccup, it's harder to keep up because you have to pass more and it's a vicious cycle.

That's probably not the only reason, I just personally value these intangibles (like heart and hard work) a little less when evaluating how teams do because I think they're usually more rhetoric (everyone works hard). I'm also not an expert on Sam Houston State. I just remember watching them play JMU and the above is what I thought.

There's a reason why pass happy spread teams usually get pummeled deep in the post season (look at Texas Tech, Hawaii, etc)

That is why I am happy that Keeler is moving to a more run oriented offense with Carty as OC. I think it will help our defense.

KPSUL
August 27th, 2018, 02:37 PM
That is why I am happy that Keeler is moving to a more run oriented offense with Carty as OC. I think it will help our defense.

While the pass game at UNH could be innovative and effective under Carty, the running game was stiflingly predictable, and uninspired. If you think he will spice up your running game, I predict you will be disappointed.

cx500d
August 27th, 2018, 03:59 PM

The optics were terrible for the fan who tuned into the game who had never seen an FCS-level game before Saturday night.

You hit the nail on the head with this.

cx500d
August 27th, 2018, 04:00 PM
I don't know what this guy is talking about. NDSU and JMU fans are the most humble fans in the FCS.

As is SDSU when you beat us.

cx500d
August 27th, 2018, 04:07 PM
They should have won but that QB from Clemson was not very good. Other than size I don't see why he started out at Clemson. QBs were not that good. I thought JSU gave the game away with some stupid mistakes. The kicking game was awful. Kickers who can't hit or bad lines getting blown up and allowing a block.

NDSU fans are a little tough but I get their pain. They don't see much competition out there. I do feel like the OVC, MEAC, SWAC, Big South, and NEC are like the G5s while the others are like P5 programs for the FCS. There is a definite gap.

JSU has always had some fat kickers....

cx500d
August 27th, 2018, 04:09 PM

True, if it’s in Missoula, much better atmosphere (if not smoke filled, that is)

cx500d
August 27th, 2018, 04:10 PM

Except we gave them a 70 degree day with no wind....

Derby City Duke
August 27th, 2018, 04:22 PM
It created the moving of the goal post!

I'm too old and sick to move any goal posts; congratulated A&T on the game thread. A&T did enough to win the game against an historically good opponent.

I am a proponent of FCS football. When the FCS gets a national platform, I want the average college football fan who wouldn't ordinarily scour ESPN3 for FCS games to see a well-played, competitive game and think, "This is good football." They didn't get that Saturday from either squad. If I was that average fan that watched Saturday night and in December I see an ad for the Celebration Bowl featuring SWAC rep vs. NC A&T -- I'm probably gonna remember the earlier game and opt to watch something else.

The play on the field, however, will drive how I vote next weekend in the Week 1 AGS poll.

Again, congrats on a really good win Aggies.

Reign of Terrier
August 27th, 2018, 04:27 PM
Except we gave them a 70 degree day with no wind....

My man, all generalizations about an FCS team goes out the window when they step on the field with NDSU.

One day I think I will demonstrate this with math for everyone's bemusement

katss07
August 27th, 2018, 04:35 PM
Northern Iowa at Montana under the lights...that would have been great. With the return of Bobby Hauck and a should be good UNI team.

The best FCS kickoff was probably 2015 with NDSU at Montana with the storylines of Bob Stitt, NDSU's 4 National Titles in a row, can Montana return to glory, Jesse Palmer and Brent Musberger doing the play by play. It felt like a big time Saturday night SEC game plus the hype of Carson Wentz.

Dewey
That game was really hyped up and rightfully so. That is the kind of game the FCS kickoff should be. A current power against an up and coming historical power. The setting was great as was the crowd. Wa-Griz and their fanbase is the standard for FCS.

I’d love to see something like JMU against a SoCon team at JMU for the kickoff. They seem to rep the FCS well. Heck they did just as good as NDSU did for Gameday.

Daytripper
August 27th, 2018, 05:39 PM
While the pass game at UNH could be innovative and effective under Carty, the running game was stiflingly predictable, and uninspired. If you think he will spice up your running game, I predict you will be disappointed.

What the hell, man!? I was having a good day!

caribbeanhen
August 27th, 2018, 06:46 PM

Keeler brought Carty in did he.... interesting to see how that pans out

Daytripper
August 27th, 2018, 06:49 PM

We have a different OC ever single year.

caribbeanhen
August 27th, 2018, 06:54 PM
We have a different OC ever single year.

but always a high powered passing offense

who is the QB this year?

Sammy94
August 27th, 2018, 06:56 PM
SHSU has had good football teams and they show it in the playoffs until they have to play NDSU, they simply do not match up well against us.

SHSU has lost in the playoffs to the National Champions 5 of the last 7 years.

Sammy94
August 27th, 2018, 06:58 PM
but always a high powered passing offense

who is the QB this year?

its a tight race but Keeler has stated many times that Dare has the edge because of experience.

Sammy94
August 27th, 2018, 07:01 PM

He’s never had “southern speed” before. I have a feeling it’s going to be ok.

PaladinNation
August 27th, 2018, 07:17 PM
That game was really hyped up and rightfully so. That is the kind of game the FCS kickoff should be. A current power against an up and coming historical power. The setting was great as was the crowd. Wa-Griz and their fanbase is the standard for FCS.

I’d love to see something like JMU against a SoCon team at JMU for the kickoff. They seem to rep the FCS well. Heck they did just as good as NDSU did for Gameday.

I'd like that game to happen Furman at JMU to kickoff say the 2020 season.

jmu007
August 27th, 2018, 07:28 PM

I know it's not Furman, but I believe JMU already has a home game with UT-C on the books for 2020. Make it the kickoff and there you go.

katss07
August 27th, 2018, 07:46 PM
I’ll tell you how it works out. Carty stays and does well enough to win the Southland and earn a seed. Kats go to quarters or semis, then are blown out by NDSU. He leaves for a Sun Belt school. Sam is good, but this play style will never get them over the hump. Hopefully Carty balances the run a bit more but still brings the edge. Dare should be the starter. If Dare can simply get the ball into the hands of our talented WR core, they’re going to do the rest.

The offense will always be good. The defense is the REAL question. If the secondary has really improved like KCK claims this could be a fun year. False hope maybe.

citdog
August 27th, 2018, 08:08 PM

furman sucks

KPSUL
August 27th, 2018, 08:11 PM

Sorry about that! But I can assure you, that is the strong consensus opinion up in the Granite (Live Free or Die) State. Much of our most effective running game was a result of mobile Quarterbacks innovating on their own (Run Free or Die!)

IBleedYellow
August 27th, 2018, 08:14 PM
While the pass game at UNH could be innovative and effective under Carty, the running game was stiflingly predictable, and uninspired. If you think he will spice up your running game, I predict you will be disappointed.Means your o line isn't nasty enough!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Schism55
August 27th, 2018, 08:54 PM
furman sucks
Made my day seeing this post xdrunkyx
Never change man, never change

caribbeanhen
August 28th, 2018, 07:47 PM
I’ll tell you how it works out. Carty stays and does well enough to win the Southland and earn a seed. Kats go to quarters or semis, then are blown out by NDSU. He leaves for a Sun Belt school. Sam is good, but this play style will never get them over the hump. Hopefully Carty balances the run a bit more but still brings the edge. Dare should be the starter. If Dare can simply get the ball into the hands of our talented WR core, they’re going to do the rest.

The offense will always be good. The defense is the REAL question. If the secondary has really improved like KCK claims this could be a fun year. False hope maybe.

The run Sammy is been on for the past what..... 7 years or so has been amazing! The Bison are on another level all together when compared to the best in FCS