PDA

View Full Version : Ivy to Implement Instant Replay Review

Go Green
August 24th, 2018, 08:50 AM
The Ivy is joining the 21st Century!

http://biggreenalertblog.blogspot.com/2018/08/ivy-league-football-starting-video.html

The blog strongly implies that the move was inspired by a key call in last year's Yale-Dartmouth game in Hanover. Yale had an apparent touchdown waved off even though replays showed that the receiver got a toe inbounds on the catch (i.e., this was **not** the worst call ever. Refs are not infallible). Yale settled for a field goal... and ultimately lost the game by one point (Yale's only loss of the season).

I've said it before and I'll say it again. When Yale gets pissed, changes happen in the Ivy. Don't be surprised if the Ivy decides to participate in the playoffs, it's after Yale has had an undefeated season but lost out on the Lambert Trophy (or something like that).

One can dream...

bulldog10jw
August 24th, 2018, 12:55 PM
The Ivy is joining the 21st Century!

http://biggreenalertblog.blogspot.com/2018/08/ivy-league-football-starting-video.html

The blog strongly implies that the move was inspired by a key call in last year's Yale-Dartmouth game in Hanover. Yale had an apparent touchdown waved off even though replays showed that the receiver got a toe inbounds on the catch (i.e., this was **not** the worst call ever. Refs are not infallible). Yale settled for a field goal... and ultimately lost the game by one point (Yale's only loss of the season).

I've said it before and I'll say it again. When Yale gets pissed, changes happen in the Ivy. Don't be surprised if the Ivy decides to participate in the playoffs, it's after Yale has had an undefeated season but lost out on the Lambert Trophy (or something like that).

One can dream...

We have more influence than Harvard and Princeton. Cool. xthumbsupx

Go Green
August 24th, 2018, 01:00 PM
We have more influence than Harvard and Princeton. Cool. xthumbsupx

Princeton-definitely.

Harvard... can't remember the last time that they were really pissed. As former Dartmouth coach (and current UNH defensive coordinator) John Lyons once said, "Harvard does whatever the hell they want."

RootinFerDukes
August 24th, 2018, 01:06 PM
Welcome to the big time world of college football where clear video evidence still isn't enough to overturn a crap call.

Ivytalk
August 24th, 2018, 10:07 PM
Princeton-definitely.

Harvard... can't remember the last time that they were really pissed. As former Dartmouth coach (and current UNH defensive coordinator) John Lyons once said, "Harvard does whatever the hell they want."
Probably the 1982 Penn game at Franklin Field. Harvard stormed back from a 20-0 deficit to take a 21-20 lead in the 4th Quarter. Penn lined up for a short FG in the final seconds, only to have Harvard block it. But the p*ssy Penn kicker took a dive, drew the phantom flag, and hit the second one to win it. We’ve hated Penn ever since. And screw you, Jerry Berndt, wherever you are.

Go...gate
August 25th, 2018, 12:58 AM
Probably the 1982 Penn game at Franklin Field. Harvard stormed back from a 20-0 deficit to take a 21-20 lead in the 4th Quarter. Penn lined up for a short FG in the final seconds, only to have Harvard block it. But the p*ssy Penn kicker took a dive, drew the phantom flag, and hit the second one to win it. We’ve hated Penn ever since. And screw you, Jerry Berndt, wherever you are.

David Shulman was the Pennsylvania kicker.

Ivytalk
August 25th, 2018, 05:12 AM
David Shulman was the Pennsylvania kicker.
And Berndt was the coach.

Shulman probably works in finance for the Trump Organization now.

Go Green
August 25th, 2018, 09:07 AM

Anyone who wants to see the game highlights, check out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhU5ouhdhXs

Ivytalk
August 25th, 2018, 03:14 PM

Lived through it once already, GG. But thanks for the schadenfreude.xrolleyesx

Thumper 76
August 25th, 2018, 03:48 PM
Welcome to the big time world of college football where clear video evidence still isn't enough to overturn a crap call.

Or the facilities don’t support having the correct angles to review a play properly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DFW HOYA
August 25th, 2018, 04:25 PM

Attendance for the 1982 game at Franklin Field: 34,746
Attendance for the 2016 game at Franklin Field: 5,092

Ivytalk
August 25th, 2018, 05:01 PM
Attendance for the 1982 game at Franklin Field: 34,746
Attendance for the 2016 game at Franklin Field: 5,092
And that says all you need to know about the current state of Ivy football.