PDA

View Full Version : FCS Championship Tickets January 2019

POD Knows
August 23rd, 2018, 11:24 AM
Holy crap, tried to get tickets and I was in the site right when it opened and it was forcing me to buy singles, couldn't buy anything in groups of 2 or bigger. I only needed 2 but couldn't get them as a group and started buying singles and was only able to get one, the site is a joke. Oh well, might need to find another ticket someplace.

TheRevSFA
August 23rd, 2018, 11:26 AM
Holy crap, tried to get tickets and I was in the site right when it opened and it was forcing me to buy singles, couldn't buy anything in groups of 2 or bigger. I only needed 2 but couldn't get them as a group and started buying singles and was only able to get one, the site is a joke. Oh well, might need to find another ticket someplace.

I bought 2. I don't know how I managed to pull it off though.

POD Knows
August 23rd, 2018, 11:32 AM
I bought 2. I don't know how I managed to pull it off though.I kept dicking around trying to buy 2 or more in groups, should have just bought singles when i hit crunch time.

Professor Chaos
August 23rd, 2018, 11:44 AM
What time did you try to get in? The pre-sale opened at 10AM CT. They sold pretty much the entire endzone and a good chunk of midfield seats for the hospitality packages (which were $200 each). Their site was completely swamped at 10AM but after trying with a few different browsers I was able to get in and get it to be somewhat responsive with Edge but I kept getting "Another fan beat you to these seats" messages since their site doesn't update very quickly at all to show what seats are taken but up until about 10:30AM or so there were groups of 4+ all over the place in the endzone.

POD Knows
August 23rd, 2018, 11:46 AM
What time did you try to get in? The pre-sale opened at 10AM CT. They sold pretty much the entire endzone and a good chunk of midfield seats for the hospitality packages (which were $200 each). Their site was completely swamped at 10AM but after trying with a few different browsers I was able to get in and get it to be somewhat responsive with Edge but I kept getting "Another fan beat you to these seats" messages since their site doesn't update very quickly at all to show what seats are taken but up until about 10:30AM or so there were groups of 4+ all over the place in the endzone.I started right at 10:00 a.m. central, probably wasted a half an hour trying to buy groups of tickets, I was using IE to browse which was a freaking mistake, finally got a single bought but nothing else. I actually don't even care where the tickets were at as I generally stand up on the top on the visitors side, pretty good view and I need to be able to prowl around.

Professor Chaos
August 23rd, 2018, 11:49 AM
I started right at 10:00 a.m. central, probably wasted a half an hour trying to buy groups of tickets, I was using IE to browse which was a freaking mistake, finally got a single bought but nothing else.
Yeah, IE is a mess when you need good performance from your browser. I tried Chrome, Firefox, and Edge and maybe it was just coincidental but somewhat surprisingly Edge was the winner for me today since the other two completely locked up as soon as I tried to click on a section to bring up the seat map but Edge let me through after lagging for a few seconds.

POD Knows
August 23rd, 2018, 11:56 AM
Yeah, IE is a mess when you need good performance from your browser. I tried Chrome, Firefox, and Edge and maybe it was just coincidental but somewhat surprisingly Edge was the winner for me today since the other two completely locked up as soon as I tried to click on a section to bring up the seat map but Edge let me through after lagging for a few seconds.I was frantic and I clicked on the link on the email I got and I have to use IE for work as it is the only browser that we test our reporting cubes on so the link opened up in IE and it was all downhill from there. Bill Gates can suck my balls.

VandalBasher
August 23rd, 2018, 12:10 PM
Has the FCS game outgrown Frisco? Is it time to move the game to a larger facility?

grizband
August 23rd, 2018, 12:14 PM
Has the FCS game outgrown Frisco? Is it time to move the game to a larger facility?No... imo opinion if teams other than NDSU and JMU meet in Frisco, attendance will drop.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

UpstateBison
August 23rd, 2018, 12:43 PM
I got 4 along with numerous Another fan beat you to these seats. The pain was having to remove the previous seats before selecting others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

POD Knows
August 23rd, 2018, 12:46 PM
I got 4 along with numerous Another fan beat you to these seats. The pain was having to remove the previous seats before selecting others.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkWhen I first went in there the blue dots were everywhere but all of those seats were sold, I do not understand how that couldn't be updated live as the tickets were being purchased. The site was terrible. When I first went in and saw all of those blue dots, I thought, well this will be a piece of cake.

RootinFerDukes
August 23rd, 2018, 12:47 PM
No... imo opinion if teams other than NDSU and JMU meet in Frisco, attendance will drop.

We’ve been making this argument since 2012. It’s long gotten old.

The facility at Frisco sucks.

Professor Chaos
August 23rd, 2018, 01:19 PM
Has the FCS game outgrown Frisco? Is it time to move the game to a larger facility?

No... imo opinion if teams other than NDSU and JMU meet in Frisco, attendance will drop.

Well considering they probably could've sold another several thousand tickets just this morning if they could've I'd say the $$$ would dictate that they could definitely use a larger venue. I would guess the NCAA doesn't really care how it looks on TV if they can pocket more money out of the deal.

FWIW the face value of all tickets has more than doubled in the last 5 years.

TheRevSFA
August 23rd, 2018, 01:25 PM
Well considering they probably could've sold another several thousand tickets just this morning if they could've I'd say the $$$ would dictate that they could definitely use a larger venue. I would guess the NCAA doesn't really care how it looks on TV if they can pocket more money out of the deal.

FWIW the face value of all tickets has more than doubled in the last 5 years.

Can't wait to scalp mine..I mean attend..yeah..attend.

POD Knows
August 23rd, 2018, 01:32 PM

FWIW the face value of all tickets has more than doubled in the last 5 years.Yea, I think I paid $30 for the first SHSU-NDSU game, tickets this year are $92 including all the fees

Bisonoline
August 23rd, 2018, 02:26 PM

Whats the matter with it?

gumby013
August 23rd, 2018, 02:26 PM
Yea, I think I paid $30 for the first SHSU-NDSU game, tickets this year are $92 including all the fees

The mid-field 3 year packs I had were $109. A bargain!

I managed to get four row 1 seats in section 117. Got in right away when the site opened. I had been on the page for about 10 minutes before it opened though.

Bisonoline
August 23rd, 2018, 02:27 PM
Yea, I think I paid $30 for the first SHSU-NDSU game, tickets this year are $92 including all the fees

Yep found a stub from 2013. $30.00

BEAR
August 23rd, 2018, 02:33 PM
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=28555&stc=1

Bisonoline
August 23rd, 2018, 02:36 PM
They moved a bunch of seats to the high dollar NCAA Experience seats.

The website sucked. Terrible functionality.

RootinFerDukes
August 23rd, 2018, 02:58 PM

Easily one of the worst facilities, even by MLS standards. You're partial to it because your team is six for six in it.

NDB
August 23rd, 2018, 03:10 PM
When I first went in there the blue dots were everywhere but all of those seats were sold, I do not understand how that couldn't be updated live as the tickets were being purchased. The site was terrible. When I first went in and saw all of those blue dots, I thought, well this will be a piece of cake.

It was the Russians.

TheKingpin28
August 23rd, 2018, 03:29 PM
Easily one of the worst facilities, even by MLS standards. You're partial to it because your team is six for six in it.

Have you seen Chicago, Columbus, Colorado, Minnesota (I know they are moving), Montreal, New England (I know they are moving), NYFC (I know they are moving)?

If there are 23 teams, then there are 7 other stadiums that are worse than Toyota Stadium for soccer/FCS Championship, so you need to try again with your assessment. Would I put them in the top half, no, but it is a solid venue. Sure, it would be nice if it was bigger and/or in Fargo, but I am happy with what they give us.

RootinFerDukes
August 23rd, 2018, 03:33 PM
Have you seen Chicago, Columbus, Colorado, Minnesota (I know they are moving), Montreal, New England (I know they are moving), NYFC (I know they are moving)?

If there are 23 teams, then there are 7 other stadiums that are worse than Toyota Stadium for soccer/FCS Championship, so you need to try again with your assessment. Would I put them in the top half, no, but it is a solid venue. Sure, it would be nice if it was bigger and/or in Fargo, but I am happy with what they give us.

A difference of opinions and Toyota Stadium wasn't anything special in terms of amenities but I'll sacrifice new-ness of a stadium for seats. Give me a dump that seats 30k over a smaller stadium that is only marginally better.

CappinHard
August 23rd, 2018, 03:41 PM

for your fyi... this is a hot take.

TheKingpin28
August 23rd, 2018, 03:59 PM
A difference of opinions and Toyota Stadium wasn't anything special in terms of amenities but I'll sacrifice new-ness of a stadium for seats. Give me a dump that seats 30k over a smaller stadium that is only marginally better.

Calling Toyota Stadium a dump is like calling Bridgeforth the class of CAA. xcoffeex

cx500d
August 23rd, 2018, 04:11 PM
I got continual "another fan beat you..." alerts. I finally got two, or so I thought, and I went through the log into your account, credit card info, etc., but the button to actually finalize the purchase stayed grayed out and I wasn't able to select. I double checked all the stupid fields in that form looking for one that I might have missed, but I couldn't find anything missing. It eventually timed out before I could purchase. I tried for a little while longer, got nothing but "another fan beat you..." and gave up.

Bisonoline
August 23rd, 2018, 04:43 PM

You still havent said whats wrong with it? Only thing I dont like about it are the scoreboards and play clock. Bathrooms are very accessible. Great sightlines from almost everywhere.

But I love the area because the people are great and so are the restaurants.

Bisonoline
August 23rd, 2018, 04:45 PM
I got continual "another fan beat you..." alerts. I finally got two, or so I thought, and I went through the log into your account, credit card info, etc., but the button to actually finalize the purchase stayed grayed out and I wasn't able to select. I double checked all the stupid fields in that form looking for one that I might have missed, but I couldn't find anything missing. It eventually timed out before I could purchase. I tried for a little while longer, got nothing but "another fan beat you..." and gave up.

I was having the same problem then I noticed this little box that needed to be checked that you accept terms a service .

cx500d
August 23rd, 2018, 04:55 PM
I was having the same problem then I noticed this little box that needed to be checked that you accept terms a service .

I was doing it on my phone, and I don't know if the mobile website was flakey or what, but it would frequently lock up and not respond to my finger; I thought that was what it could be, but I apparently couldn't scroll down to the bottom because I was looking for it.

I'll be moved out of state by then, so it won't be as convenient as it used to be just driving a few miles down the road.

Bisonoline
August 23rd, 2018, 04:58 PM
I was doing it on my phone, and I don't know if the mobile website was flakey or what, but it would frequently lock up and not respond to my finger; I thought that was what it could be, but I apparently couldn't scroll down to the bottom because I was looking for it.

I'll be moved out of state by then, so it won't be as convenient as it used to be just driving a few miles down the road.

The freezing up happened to me numerous times. My wife learned a feww new swear words today. When are you moving?

cx500d
August 23rd, 2018, 05:19 PM
The freezing up happened to me numerous times. My wife learned a feww new swear words today. When are you moving?

Probably October or November. That presale sure was a frustrating experience.

POD Knows
August 23rd, 2018, 05:29 PM

I'll be moved out of state by then, so it won't be as convenient as it used to be just driving a few miles down the road.OMFG, you were trying to buy tickets on your iPhone 5, that is absolutely a fool's errand and doomed to fail.

POD Knows
August 23rd, 2018, 05:29 PM
Probably October or November. That presale sure was a frustrating experience.Where are you moving to??

cx500d
August 23rd, 2018, 05:32 PM
Where are you moving to??

Washington DC

KPSUL
August 23rd, 2018, 05:36 PM

Only when full of JMU fans

TheKingpin28
August 23rd, 2018, 05:50 PM

https://i.imgur.com/izcOK4m.gif

Bisonoline
August 23rd, 2018, 06:47 PM
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=28558&stc=1

Southern Bison
August 23rd, 2018, 07:11 PM

I'll be moved out of state by then, so it won't be as convenient as it used to be just driving a few miles down the road.So the mobile site was like your ex-wife? 🤔🤣

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

cx500d
August 23rd, 2018, 07:11 PM
So the mobile site was like your ex-wife? 🤔🤣

Which one?

Southern Bison
August 23rd, 2018, 07:12 PM
Washington DCDelaware game next year!!

cx500d
August 23rd, 2018, 07:12 PM
Which one?

Do you mean because it was flakey or wouldn’t go down?

Southern Bison
August 23rd, 2018, 07:13 PM
Which one?

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkIf there's more than one ex-wife, perhaps your finger technique is lacking...

cx500d
August 23rd, 2018, 07:13 PM
Delaware game next year!!

Absolutely

cx500d
August 23rd, 2018, 07:16 PM
If there's more than one ex-wife, perhaps your finger technique is lacking...

Technique my ass. I’ve laid more pipe than wabasha plumbing

Bisonoline
August 23rd, 2018, 07:24 PM

May be you need bigger pipe?

cx500d
August 23rd, 2018, 07:33 PM
May be you need bigger pipe?

Oh that hurts😭

I use schedule 80 pipe

Southern Bison
August 23rd, 2018, 08:14 PM
Technique my ass. I’ve laid more pipe than wabasha plumbing https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180824/d694a7adbc89de6b18594b6d58fba995.gif

dewey
August 23rd, 2018, 10:56 PM
I had my father in law get 8 (2 sets of 4) and my buddy got 8 more (group of 3 and 5).

I may have some available if some people don't go but that won't be decided for about 4 months.

Dewey

dewey
August 23rd, 2018, 11:05 PM

I may have some available and if I do I would be happy to sell some to you.

Dewey

jmu007
August 24th, 2018, 07:16 AM

My opinion...

You should play the FCS National Championship game in a football stadium. More specifically, the biggest difference I don't care for is the increased distance from the field to the stands and the lower angle of incline in the stands themselves. After 2 trips to Frisco, that is my biggest gripe with them hosting at Toyota Stadium. Everything else is well done, but you can't fix the structure of the stadium itself since it's built for soccer.

PS: the scoreboard / video boards stink too, but that is what it is. I just want the above.

POD Knows
August 24th, 2018, 08:22 AM
I had my father in law get 8 (2 sets of 4) and my buddy got 8 more (group of 3 and 5).

I may have some available if some people don't go but that won't be decided for about 4 months.

DeweyKeep me in mind, I only may need one.

dewey
August 24th, 2018, 08:45 AM
Keep me in mind, I only may need one.Will do.

Dewey

Derby City Duke
August 24th, 2018, 12:28 PM

I guess you would be a bit salty when Google Earth is the only way your team gets to see that field.

Bisonoline
August 24th, 2018, 02:39 PM
My opinion...

You should play the FCS National Championship game in a football stadium. More specifically, the biggest difference I don't care for is the increased distance from the field to the stands and the lower angle of incline in the stands themselves. After 2 trips to Frisco, that is my biggest gripe with them hosting at Toyota Stadium. Everything else is well done, but you can't fix the structure of the stadium itself since it's built for soccer.

PS: the scoreboard / video boards stink too, but that is what it is. I just want the above.

Ok
I can understand the gripe. Just like me I dont like football in a baseball stadium. As a matter of fact I dislike it so much Im not going to our game against Drake next year in Minneapolis at Twins stadium.

POD Knows
August 24th, 2018, 03:02 PM
Ok
I can understand the gripe. Just like me I dont like football in a baseball stadium. As a matter of fact I dislike it so much Im not going to our game against Drake next year in Minneapolis at Twins stadium.
Dude, it is Butler, which is only slightly less heinous.

cx500d
August 24th, 2018, 03:12 PM
Ok

I don't like football in a track stadium.

Bisonoline
August 24th, 2018, 03:28 PM
Dude, it is Butler, which is only slightly less heinous.

LOL

Thumper 76
August 24th, 2018, 03:29 PM

Just cause someone does something a lot doesn’t mean they’re good at it xcoffeex

POD Knows
August 24th, 2018, 03:36 PM
Just cause someone does something a lot doesn’t mean they’re good at it xcoffeex

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkWho cares if you are good at it as long as you get off on it, what, are you a feminist.

cx500d
August 24th, 2018, 03:39 PM

Who cares what the woman thinks?

Regardless, SDSU and the playoffs prove your assertion

SUPharmacist
August 24th, 2018, 03:39 PM
Ok
I understand the distaste for football in a baseball stadium and I know the matchup is not intriguing, but I would think it would be fun to be there and see how large of a turnout NDSU can get. I view it as a chance to enjoy a bunch of other alumni, and think it is nice that you may get some fans to turn out who don't get to make it to games in Fargo. It seems like a great chance to show the press in the Twin Cities the size of our fan base and get some more coverage for NDSU.

Thumper 76
August 24th, 2018, 03:40 PM
Who cares if you are good at it as long as you get off on it, what, are you a feminist.

I wasn’t the one defending their technique.

Thumper 76
August 24th, 2018, 03:43 PM
Who cares what the woman thinks?

Regardless, SDSU and the playoffs prove your assertion

If there's more than one ex-wife, perhaps your finger technique is lacking...

It would appear you care......

cx500d
August 24th, 2018, 03:44 PM
It would appear you care......

Not really. Do you know why lawyers cost so much? Because they are worth it....

TheKingpin28
August 24th, 2018, 03:50 PM

I know from betting, that this is 100% accurate.

Bison Fan in NW MN
August 25th, 2018, 05:09 PM

There is nothing wrong with Toyota Stadium. Great viewing from anywhere in the stadium. Although, IMO, a bigger stadium would be nice to get a few more fans that want to attend.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok

I'll try my best to talk you into going to this one....:D

Bison56
August 25th, 2018, 05:21 PM
Calling Toyota Stadium a dump is like calling Bridgeforth the class of CAA. xcoffeex
I’m sure it’s streamer thing.

TheKingpin28
August 25th, 2018, 05:29 PM
I’m sure it’s streamer thing.I just want to know what they did with their hands after they lost.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

Bisonoline
August 25th, 2018, 05:43 PM
There is nothing wrong with Toyota Stadium. Great viewing from anywhere in the stadium. Although, IMO, a bigger stadium would be nice to get a few more fans that want to attend.

- - - Updated - - -

I'll try my best to talk you into going to this one....:D

Was just watching the SHSU--NDSU semi final from last year and there you were on national tV. xthumbsupx

But that was an ass whooping. wow

Bison Fan in NW MN
August 25th, 2018, 05:50 PM
Was just watching the SHSU--NDSU semi final from last year and there you were on national tV. xthumbsupx

But that was an ass whooping. wow

:D....had like 20 texts saying smile....my ugly mug is not camera friendly....xlolx

SHSU is soft and NDSU will beat that team every time we play because they cannot match the physical play.

St Thomas/St Johns put 30K+ into Target Field and NDSU now need to sell that place out. PL and your tailgate needs to be there....xthumbsupx

Bisonoline
August 25th, 2018, 08:18 PM
:D....had like 20 texts saying smile....my ugly mug is not camera friendly....xlolx

SHSU is soft and NDSU will beat that team every time we play because they cannot match the physical play.

St Thomas/St Johns put 30K+ into Target Field and NDSU now need to sell that place out. PL and your tailgate needs to be there....xthumbsupx

There is no place to tailgate around that stadium. But then again I have no desire to go there for a FB game.:D

cx500d
August 27th, 2018, 05:44 PM

+1....I plan on going to this one...