PDA

View Full Version : Montana

MAINEFOOTBALL
March 15th, 2007, 01:37 AM
A bunch of us our thinking about going out to Montana see what wa-griz stadium has to offer. I need to know some info.
1. Is it REALLY everything people say it is?
2. Which game should we go see (i wish montana st. was playin there this year) anything like the umass game on tv?
3. Is there anything to do while we are out there?
4. What are griz fans like?
5. How is the tailgating scene?
Over all im stocked to be going to Missoula, I hear everthing cheap as hell.

CrunchGriz
March 15th, 2007, 01:48 AM
A bunch of us our thinking about going out to Montana see what wa-griz stadium has to offer. I need to know some info.

Yes. Period.

2. Which game should we go see (i wish montana st. was playin there this year) anything like the umass game on tv?

If you can somehow get a ticket, the Portland State game should be a big one this year, with Jerry Glanville leading the Vikings into Wash-Griz.

Hunting, fishing, visiting amazing national parks (Glacier National Park is just a hop and a skip and Yellowstone National Park is just a jump further--Acadia is very nice, but doesn't compare to these two), and more.

Very friendly to visiting fans--some Bobcat fans will disagree, but hey, the Cats are our rivals-what do you expect?

Tailgating is excellent, and you will be welcome everywhere with your team's gear on. Probably not up to McNeese standards, but among the best in the division.

I wouldn't count on 1970 prices, but it'll probably be lower than many East Coast sites.

Grizo406
March 15th, 2007, 02:14 AM

Welcome to AGS.

I can't answer your questions any better than CrunchGriz has, but if you come here "stocked", you, and your posse will have a pretty good time.

AppGuy04
March 15th, 2007, 07:34 AM
Wait for a non-Griz fan before you make a judgment

ChickenMan
March 15th, 2007, 07:46 AM
From a Delaware fan who made the trip with his wife a couple of years ago.

We were in Missoula in '04.. great trip, stadium is probably the best in FCS.

2. Which game should we go see (i wish montana st. was playin there this
year) anything like the umass game on tv?

I would imagine MSU would be the best game.. but any Big Sky game would be great. We saw the Griz vs Idaho St.

Glacier National Park.. spent two days up there.. don't miss it, as Cruch Griz said Acadia is very nice.. but can't compare to Glacier. Also there's a large Bison Range just outside Missoula

The ones we met were great, couldn't have been nicer.

Top notch tailgating, very friendly people even to a guy wearing a Delaware jacket. Also there's a few great bars downtown (we were at 'Reds'), filled with Griz fans after the game.

Not that cheap, but still very reasonable.

I definately recommend making the trip.. hopefully we will be able to do it again soon.

RockyMtnGriz
March 15th, 2007, 08:57 AM
I'd recommend the Weber State game 9/29 or Eastern Washington game 10/06. A little earlier in the season. Should still have good weather. Also, if you do plan on going to Glacier any later than late September and the pass may be closed.
http://www.nps.gov/archive/glac/images/gttsroad1.jpg
Photo is of spring plowing on "Going to the Sun" highway GNP.

LINK ==>Going to the Sun Highway (http://www.pascomputers.com/goingtosunphotos.php)

Bobcat in NC
March 15th, 2007, 10:13 AM
Even though I'm a definite non-Griz fan, I have to agree with everything Crunch says on this topic. The Griz still suck (mandatory smack), but a trip to Missoula is definitely worth it. Fantastic stadium, great tailgating, good fans - except during Cat/Griz, gorgeous scenery nearby. I'd recommend one of the early season home games (since they have so many of them) for weather reasons, but PSU would be great if you could get tickets. Have a great trip!

89Hen
March 15th, 2007, 10:48 AM
I've never seen Wa-Griz. Anyone have a picture? xconfusedx :p

Peems
March 15th, 2007, 11:14 AM

Here it is:http://www.donaldsensing.com/Pix/0508/Tenn._football_stadium1.jpgxsmiley_wix

NDSUFREAK
March 15th, 2007, 10:09 PM
Here it is:http://www.donaldsensing.com/Pix/0508/Tenn._football_stadium1.jpgxsmiley_wix

hmm...all i see is this xxpicx i guess i'll have to use by imagination to what it might look like xrolleyesx

McNeese75
March 15th, 2007, 10:28 PM
Make the trip!! You will enjoy the atmosphere and the fans are great (at the game and in the downtown bars xnodx )

CrazyCat
March 15th, 2007, 11:03 PM
It's even safe for us to go out after the game. Things have changed since I went school in the late 80's. Maybe I just go to different bars.

BigApp
March 15th, 2007, 11:50 PM
take a pic while you're out there of the stadium! We'd like to see one!

GrizFoo
March 16th, 2007, 08:27 AM

xlolx

xdeadhorsex

Col Hogan
March 16th, 2007, 08:37 AM

Why do you encourage them that way??? xlolx xlolx xlolx :p

GrizzlyEdd
March 16th, 2007, 01:28 PM
For those of you who haven't seen a pic of Washington-Grizzly Stadium on the U of Montana campus, go to http://www.egriz.com and you will find all sorts of pics about Montana football... or another site is http://www.montanagrizzlies.com enjoy...xthumbsupx

ChickenMan
March 17th, 2007, 08:02 AM

http://www.faliraki-info.com/photogallery/rhodes/trevor/images1/old-stadium.jpg

:D

Grizo406
March 17th, 2007, 09:53 PM

That was a playoff game picture, that's why there are so many people.xlolx xlolx xlolx

Mich Griz
March 17th, 2007, 09:57 PM
That's what MSU calls standing room only

Mr. C
March 17th, 2007, 11:25 PM
That was a playoff game picture, that's why there are so many people.xlolx xlolx xlolx
Those were the folks who refused to leave after the UMass game. They are waiting around for the spring football game in a few weeks.
:D :) xrotatehx xlolx xnodx xrolleyesx xcoolx :p ;) xeyebrowx xsmiley_wix :o xeekx :D

Grizo406
March 18th, 2007, 12:08 AM
Those were the folks who refused to leave after the UMass game. They are waiting around for the spring football game in a few weeks.
:D :) xrotatehx xlolx xnodx xrolleyesx xcoolx :p ;) xeyebrowx xsmiley_wix :o xeekx :D

I left right before the picture was taken, and it was a VERY long ride home.xbawlingx xbawlingx ;)

GOKATS
March 18th, 2007, 12:59 AM
That's what MSU calls standing room only

Mich. St.?

xwhistlex xwhistlex xliarx

SeattleGriz
March 18th, 2007, 02:19 AM

Let me put it this way MAINEFOOTBALL. I get pissed when I meet people from Montana that are duds. With that being said, I fully believe many a Montanan feels the same way about our program. If you are treated poorly, then you hung out with the 3% of buttholes every program has.

Come on up, just let us know in plenty of time and you won't have to do crap, we will take care of you and your friends as far as having a great time.

SeattleGriz
March 18th, 2007, 02:41 AM
Let me put it this way MAINEFOOTBALL. I get pissed when I meet people from Montana that are duds. With that being said, I fully believe many a Montanan feels the same way about our program. If you are treated poorly, then you hung out with the 3% of buttholes every program has.

Come on up, just let us know in plenty of time and you won't have to do crap, we will take care of you and your friends as far as having a great time.

Need to clarify that the majority doesn't have any special ticket connections, but the drinking part, we do have covered.

JALMOND
March 19th, 2007, 01:09 AM
You come out to Missoula and Wash-Griz you will not be disappointed, regardless of when you go. Seeing bits and pieces on TV during a playoff game does not do justice as to the general scenery and atmosphere you will experience on campus and in the city.

My opinion, Wash-Griz is one of the better college football stadiums in the northwest, FCS or FBS.

Ruler 79
March 19th, 2007, 12:56 PM
I, along with 3 co workers are coming for the Albany game. We should put on a better showing then 4 years ago (45-14 loss I think), although we had a good team that year (NEC Champs) you guys I believe won the FCS title that season or were runners up.

igo4uni
March 19th, 2007, 01:57 PM

That's half of the states population on the only day of the year it's not snowing!!:D :D :D :D :D :D

Peems
March 19th, 2007, 03:54 PM
I'm the one without the shirt.