PDA

View Full Version : Five Bold Big Sky Predictions

SU DOG
August 14th, 2018, 07:26 PM
From Athlon Sports:

https://athlonsports.com/college-football/five-bold-big-sky-predictions-fcs-college-football-2018

TheKingpin28
August 14th, 2018, 08:50 PM
From Athlon Sports:

https://athlonsports.com/college-football/five-bold-big-sky-predictions-fcs-college-football-2018

Only 3 and 5 could be conceived as "bold". This is nothing more than weak sauce.

Bold would have been along these lines:

-The Big Sky will beat San Diego in the playoffs.
-EWU will not get a seed in the FCS playoffs
-Sac St will make it out of the 1st round of the playoffs
-Keelan Doss will lead the nation in receiving yards and out-preform Nathan Stewart by 250 yards
-Case Cookus will out preform Gage Gubrud throughout the season
-Charlie Taumopeau will grade out as the best all-around TE in the FCS
-PSU will finish with 4 wins or more
-Jeff Choate will be looking for a new job going into the 2019 season.

Etc...

VandalBasher
August 14th, 2018, 10:04 PM
I thought the same. Nothing bold about this article. I have said all along Idaho goes 7-4 and misses the playoffs. While playing two FBS teams and a DII squad will make it difficult to get selected while playing a tough Big Sky Conference schedule.

I would have been impressed if he said Portland St., UC Davis and NAU get wins over FBS teams and CAL Poly upsets NDSU while Montana wins BSC.

JacksFan40
August 14th, 2018, 10:38 PM
Only 3 and 5 could be conceived as "bold". This is nothing more than weak sauce.

Bold would have been along these lines:

-The Big Sky will beat San Diego in the playoffs.
-EWU will not get a seed in the FCS playoffs
-Sac St will make it out of the 1st round of the playoffs
-Keelan Doss will lead the nation in receiving yards and out-preform Nathan Stewart by 250 yards
-Case Cookus will out preform Gage Gubrud throughout the season
-Charlie Taumopeau will grade out as the best all-around TE in the FCS
-PSU will finish with 4 wins or more
-Jeff Choate will be looking for a new job going into the 2019 season.

Etc...
Your first one is asinine. I look forward to seeing who San Diego b*tchslaps this year. I’d imagine you NDSU fans would like to see UND get throttled by San Diego. I can imagine it now.

mvemjsunpx
August 15th, 2018, 01:42 AM
I agree with Haley's first four, for the most part (I doubt the Big Sky will get the leading rusher, but it's plausible). I don't agree with the 5th:

Hauck will lift the Griz again

The return of Montana head coach Bobby Hauck for a second stint will be considered a success when the Griz get back to the playoffs again after two straight years missing out. It might come down to winning the “Brawl of the Wild” against rival Montana State, but Washington-Grizzly Stadium will be abuzz all season. Unlike last season, a 7-4 record would appear good enough because the Griz have a stronger non-conference schedule.

The last sentence is especially wrong since UM played a Pac-12 team last year and doesn't play an FBS team at all this year. They also don't play EWU, NAU, or Weber in conference this year.

MTfan4life
August 15th, 2018, 05:35 PM
Southern Utah missing the playoffs is not a bold prediction. Their defense got gutted, they lost their QB, and like last season, the top half of the conference is pretty balanced. Replacing Mike Needham will be big for them, but they do have Ahanonu and Nelson back. Also, Eastern Washington winning the conference is not a bold prediction. They return basically everyone and don't have to play the Griz! ;) All jokes aside, they should be primed for a return to the top as they were still decent last season.

WestCoastAggie
August 15th, 2018, 07:17 PM
Bold prediction: Idaho goes undefeated in the Big Sky and gets a top 3 seed in the playoffs.

TheKingpin28
August 15th, 2018, 07:24 PM
Your first one is asinine. I look forward to seeing who San Diego b*tchslaps this year. I’d imagine you NDSU fans would like to see UND get throttled by San Diego. I can imagine it now.

I was trying to be bold. I guess I went to fictitious level. I am sorry for that.

Yes, GFCC getting thrashed by USD would be amazing.

VandalBasher
August 15th, 2018, 07:25 PM
Bold prediction: Idaho goes undefeated in the Big Sky and gets a top 3 seed in the playoffs.

I like your style!

But, even this Vandal will believe it when I see it. I think 6-2 in conference is possible. But, we miss the playoffs with a 7-4 overall record.

TheKingpin28
August 15th, 2018, 07:25 PM

https://i.giphy.com/media/65os7odbIW6pa/giphy.webp

JALMOND
August 15th, 2018, 09:43 PM
I would have been impressed if he said Portland St., UC Davis and NAU get wins over FBS teams and CAL Poly upsets NDSU while Montana wins BSC.

Viks shock the world, beat the Rubber Duckies. Green everywhere.:D

VandalBasher
August 15th, 2018, 10:30 PM
Viks shock the world, beat the Rubber Duckies. Green everywhere.:D

I could only hope for a PSU Vikings win over UNR. The game against the Ducks might be a mountain too big to climb.

caribbeanhen
August 18th, 2018, 04:00 PM
watch out for Sac State - big play receiver Andre Lindsey I like

POD Knows
August 18th, 2018, 07:12 PM
Your first one is asinine. I look forward to seeing who San Diego b*tchslaps this year. I’d imagine you NDSU fans would like to see UND get throttled by San Diego. I can imagine it now.That would be bold, there is no way UND is getting in the playoffs.

VandalBasher
August 18th, 2018, 07:23 PM
I don't think they are eligible due to the transition from the BSC. Anybody with different info?

mvemjsunpx
August 18th, 2018, 07:49 PM
I don't think they are eligible due to the transition from the BSC. Anybody with different info?

They can't win the auto-bid, but they can still get an at-large. They're effectively an independent playing a Big Sky schedule.

Herder
August 18th, 2018, 07:55 PM
I like your style!

But, even this Vandal will believe it when I see it. I think 6-2 in conference is possible. But, we miss the playoffs with a 7-4 overall record.

im not too hi on the Vandal mental state in 2018. They are somewhere near Auburn in their bowl game last year.

caribbeanhen
September 2nd, 2018, 08:43 AM
watch out for Sac State - big play receiver Andre Lindsey I like

4 for 108 yards and a TD

This player is talented

kalm
September 2nd, 2018, 08:48 AM
Southern Utah missing the playoffs is not a bold prediction. Their defense got gutted, they lost their QB, and like last season, the top half of the conference is pretty balanced. Replacing Mike Needham will be big for them, but they do have Ahanonu and Nelson back. Also, Eastern Washington winning the conference is not a bold prediction. They return basically everyone and don't have to play the Griz! ;) All jokes aside, they should be primed for a return to the top as they were still decent last season.

You son of a bitch!

MTfan4life
September 3rd, 2018, 03:31 PM
You son of a bitch!

For which part? Outclassing you on the Southern Utah prediction or the TiC comment about EWU avoiding the Griz? ;)