PDA

View Full Version : OVC Preview

jsualumnus
August 13th, 2018, 11:38 PM
Crickets..... at least you weren’t Rick Rolled. Anyway, no news here. Gamecocks roll again!!!

JSUSoutherner
August 14th, 2018, 05:10 AM
Oof.

TTUEagles
August 14th, 2018, 05:54 AM
See you guys next year! Good luck!

JSUSoutherner
August 14th, 2018, 07:28 AM
See you guys next year! Good luck!

Where do you think you're going? You still have UTC to whup.

WestCoastAggie
August 14th, 2018, 07:29 AM
When does basketball season start?

JSUSoutherner
August 14th, 2018, 07:48 AM
When does basketball season start?
Idk. Ask the Murray State fan.

FUBeAR
August 14th, 2018, 07:58 AM
LET’S GO PEAY!

https://customstickershop.us/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/Calvin-peeing-on-Gamecocks-Decal-Sticker.jpg

Cocky
August 14th, 2018, 08:00 AM
LET’S GO PEAY!

https://customstickershop.us/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/Calvin-peeing-on-Gamecocks-Decal-Sticker.jpg

No need for Peay to P on us, we will take care of that ourselves come playoff time.

Redbird 4th & short
August 14th, 2018, 08:47 AM
For all I have said about Austin Peay and that they should never have been in playoff bubble discussion in 2017, I would not rule out OVC getting 2 teams this season .. with Austin Peay being the team on the rise .. mojo does wonders. According to Keeper Ratings, they only lost 2.5 offensive starters and 2.0 defensive starters.

And while they did little to impress in their OVC play (too many close games against average to weak teams), they did win every OVC game except JSU (lost by 20), and showed some spunk in their FBS games .. losing to at 4-8 Cincinnati by just 12 on road, and 5-7 Miami OH by 21 on road, and UCF (13-0) by 40 but put up 33 points in that loss .. Auburn only put up 27 points in bowl game loss to UCF .. granted, UCF played starters whole way.

So we'll see if they take another step forward this year. Their schedule went from 3 FBS to 1 FBS this year (and from 12 to 11 games) .. so that will be much easier .. assuming OOC is 2-1 instead of 1-3. But their OVC schedule gets a little tougher in 2018 .... (I know, I know .. bare with me OVC critics !!!) ... in terms of home/away slate. This year, the easier teams from a year ago are mostly home this year, and the tougher OVC teams are mostly away. With so many close games a year ago, wins may have fallen their way playing with home field advantages.

If they go 8-3, they will be on bubble again, but arguably should not make it .. because 2 losses on OVC, plus their OOC SOS will fall off cliff from a year ago .. they play 2 very weak OOC. So 7-4 would push them way off bubble. So if they go 9-2m this would put them clearly in playoff discussion.

I see them going 8-3 or 9-2 and being in playoff hunt ... But they need to beat several weak teams by 3 TDs or more .. and I don't mean Morehead St and Presbyterian.

SU DOG
August 14th, 2018, 10:50 AM
Eastern Kentucky used to be a real powerhouse in the OVC when Samford was there, and I know more recently they made the playoffs in 2014. What in tarnation has happened with the Colonels?

Mike296
August 14th, 2018, 10:55 AM
Eastern Kentucky used to be a real powerhouse in the OVC when Samford was there, and I know more recently they made the playoffs in 2014. What in tarnation has happened with the Colonels?

I don’t think anyone really knows tbh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JSUSoutherner
August 14th, 2018, 11:06 AM
LET’S GO PEAY!

Looking forward to watching Mercer go 6-5 again, are ya?

FUBeAR
August 14th, 2018, 11:12 AM
Looking forward to watching Mercer go 6-5 again, are ya?I think there is a thread for thread-drifting commentary...or something like that. This is an OVC Preview thread, right?

Did Mercer drop down to the OVC?

TTUEagles
August 14th, 2018, 12:26 PM
Where do you think you're going? You still have UTC to whup.

At least we are getting a new scoreboard/jumbo-tron...

JSUSoutherner
August 14th, 2018, 01:24 PM
At least we are getting a new scoreboard/jumbo-tron...
Really? I was not aware of this. Got a link with any pictures/specs?

TTUEagles
August 14th, 2018, 07:50 PM
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=28455&stc=1

JSUSoutherner
August 15th, 2018, 05:10 AM
Nice

fmftballmgr
August 15th, 2018, 09:29 AM
Idk. Ask the Murray State fan.

IDK I am football fan. The only time basketball really means anything to me is in March

fmftballmgr
August 15th, 2018, 09:36 AM

wow

- - - Updated - - -

wow

fmftballmgr
August 15th, 2018, 09:39 AM

they are dealing with the same budget cuts from the state that Murray is facing. That may be some of the issue. They have been through a couple coaches who used them as a stepping stone. But overall I don't know

fmftballmgr
August 15th, 2018, 09:41 AM
I think Murray will be better then predicted maybe 3-4 place in conference

JSUSoutherner
August 15th, 2018, 10:52 AM
I think Murray will be better then predicted maybe 3-4 place in conference
Dude, I want some of whatever you're smoking.

SU DOG
August 15th, 2018, 11:07 AM
Did I see correctly that Murray State had their Senior Night on the opening game in August against Kentucky Wesleyan last year? Isn't this a little unusual? Maybe I'm missing something(for all I know this could be an OVC thing), but I thought this occasion was generally held late in the season. I don't see a game yet designated for it on the 2018 schedule. Just noticed this - not knocking, just asking.

SU DOG
August 15th, 2018, 11:09 AM
OUCH! Racers Homecoming Game against JSU this year?

JSUSoutherner
August 15th, 2018, 11:11 AM
Did I see correctly that Murray State had their Senior Night on the opening game in August against Kentucky Wesleyan last year? Isn't this a little unusual? Maybe I'm missing something(for all I know this could be an OVC thing), but I thought this occasion was generally held late in the season. I don't see a game yet designated for it on the 2018 schedule. Just noticed this - not knocking, just asking.

Are they play KWU again this year?

fmftballmgr
August 15th, 2018, 11:28 AM

it was something that this coach started so basically they will have an crowd for the first game vs just the family for the last game

- - - Updated - - -

Are they play KWU again this year?

our out of conference games are
Southern Illinois
Central Arkansas
Kentucky

fmftballmgr
August 15th, 2018, 11:50 AM
Dude, I want some of whatever you're smoking.

What do you want me to say we suck we going to lose every game? not like I predicted that we would win the conference. It is the the fact that After JSU APSU the rest of the OVC is pretty much the about the same. If we can get a couple close victories it is possible