PDA

View Full Version : SCSU/USC in 2007....will there be any problems?

bosshogg
March 14th, 2007, 12:17 PM
Very interesting discussion on the SCSU vs. USC game this year. Some fans saying they will not come because there may be "trouble"

Other fans calling them crazy, and vowing to support the game.

Will there be any racial overtones?

The discussion is being held here

http://scstatedoghouse.proboards100.com/index.cgi

What do you guys think? has there been any problems when 1-AA HBCU's have played D-1, or 1-AA PWC's in the past? What are your experiences.

Just to start it off, I have been to every SCSU/Coastal game, and haven't seen anything but people having a great time on both sides...same thing at the SCSU/Wofford games i have been too.

mcveyrl
March 14th, 2007, 12:21 PM
JMU has played Del. St. a few times the past few years and I think everything has gone well.

89Hen
March 14th, 2007, 12:22 PM
What do you guys think?
Shouldn't be any problems. The only problem would be if somebody thought there should be a problem and starts something.

jstate83
March 14th, 2007, 12:22 PM
Very interesting discussion on the SCSU vs. USC game this year. Some fans saying they will not come because there may be "trouble"

What do you guys think? has there been any problems when 1-AA HBCU's have played D-1, or 1-AA PWC's in the past? What are your experiences.

Just to start it off, I have been to every SCSU/Coastal game, and haven't seen anything but people having a great time on both sides...same thing at the SCSU/Wofford games i have been too.

USM has some of the most putrid fans, STUDENT SECTION, you will ever see.
The other's were good sport's.............Alums, etc.
They really enjoyed the atmosphere......................CRUNK!!xnodx

The student's damm near got worked by the Sonic Boom after halftime with their colorful language and object throwing.
Hattiesburg police stepped in.xlolx
Don't F with someone rolling in a 300 member Blue and White Gang. xlolx

Still ain't stopped the show since we are in talk's to play them next year and more after that.

Ya'll should be alright..............There will be idiot's anywhere you go.

walliver
March 14th, 2007, 01:56 PM
USC has some die-hard redneck and proud of it fans who are obnoxious to everybody, but I doubt there will be any significant incidents.

BigApp
March 14th, 2007, 03:58 PM
you'll be fine. Don't start none, won't be none. If they do start, just do what I do in Statesboro, say "Thank you" and move along...that really perplexes 'em!

HIU 93
March 14th, 2007, 04:45 PM
USC has some die-hard redneck and proud of it fans who are obnoxious to everybody, but I doubt there will be any significant incidents.

It's not only rednecks. Some dumbass threw a bottle at me from a moving car after the playoff game against W&M in 2005. The good thing is it missed and I didn't have a gun on me. Those guys weren't rednecks, they were just ignorant arseholes. Especially since W&M won the game.

Other than that, there weren't any problems.

Coastal89
March 14th, 2007, 06:06 PM

Boss i've been to a lot of games at USC and the few times i've seen a fight start in the stands SLED agents have stepped in within seconds. Security at WB is so tight that it would be next to impossible for any thing to start. Enjoy the game.

Bulldog87
March 14th, 2007, 06:56 PM
The only problem that may occur would be if somehow we had the lead with 5 minutes left. The problems wouldn't be with the USC fans but I'm sure the yellow flags from the guys in black stripes would become plentiful. From what I hear don't try to utilize your "Flask" in Williams Brice. "Big Brother' is all over the place watching for this from what I've been told.This should prove to be a great tailgate scene if the weather is good. GO DAWGS.