PDA

View Full Version : Over 3000 attend TO's HOF celebration in Chattanooga

Milktruck74
August 5th, 2018, 11:57 AM
Everybody thinks of the ego and arrogance....that is not what I remember of my teammate. He was a great teammate, always setting the example in practice and game time. I also remember a humble (and often misunderstood) guy. I think we saw that yesterday. I always though of his NFL Character as that of a WWF heel...He was the Iron Sheik of the NFL. He always did things "His Way" and I think with the turnout that he garnered.....we may see many others do things "His Way" in the future.

http://www.gomocs.com/news/2018/8/4/football-photos-more-from-the-terrell-owens-hall-of-fame-celebration.aspx

Bisonoline
August 5th, 2018, 02:33 PM
Everybody thinks of the ego and arrogance....that is not what I remember of my teammate. He was a great teammate, always setting the example in practice and game time. I also remember a humble (and often misunderstood) guy. I think we saw that yesterday. I always though of his NFL Character as that of a WWF heel...He was the Iron Sheik of the NFL. He always did things "His Way" and I think with the turnout that he garnered.....we may see many others do things "His Way" in the future.

http://www.gomocs.com/news/2018/8/4/football-photos-more-from-the-terrell-owens-hall-of-fame-celebration.aspx

Unfortunately he had to cry about the sports writers and he was doing it so others wouldnt have to wait etc etc etc. He didnt change squat. JFC
He ended up making it about himself as usual. He just couldnt be gracious just once for what the game did for him. Too bad he will be remembered for this instead of his play on the field.

dewey
August 5th, 2018, 02:58 PM
Congratulations to TO on being inducted into the Hall of Fame.

Dewey

Milktruck74
August 5th, 2018, 03:37 PM
Unfortunately he had to cry about the sports writers and he was doing it so others wouldnt have to wait etc etc etc. He didnt change squat. JFC
He ended up making it about himself as usual. He just couldnt be gracious just once for what the game did for him. Too bad he will be remembered for this instead of his play on the field.

It was his HOF acceptance speech....uhhhhhh.....that is suppose to be about him!!!!

But check out this clip....when is the last time you saw an NFL WR come from the weak side to make a block....let alone 3. This is the TO I know. He made his team better, and made his team mates play harder!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYvmPo7FZX4&feature=share

Bisonoline
August 5th, 2018, 04:04 PM
It was his HOF acceptance speech....uhhhhhh.....that is suppose to be about him!!!!

But check out this clip....when is the last time you saw an NFL WR come from the weak side to make a block....let alone 3. This is the TO I know. He made his team better, and made his team mates play harder!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYvmPo7FZX4&feature=share

His actions were about himself. He rationalized and justified his behavior like his actions were going to pave the way for somebody else. Plus he said exactly that.

Not saying he wasnt a great player. His baggage will continue to follow him because he creates baggage.

FYI most HOF speeches and recognition is usually about those that helped you get to the HOF. Its very rarely about Self.

kdinva
August 5th, 2018, 05:08 PM
Congratulations to TO on being inducted into the Hall of Fame.

Congrats from me as well........should have been last Summer, not now..........Art Monk waited, what, 12 years? He didn't make the noise we heard from T O, but he's in now, as he should be.....

Milktruck74
August 5th, 2018, 05:42 PM
His actions were about himself. He rationalized and justified his behavior like his actions were going to pave the way for somebody else. Plus he said exactly that.

Not saying he wasnt a great player. His baggage will continue to follow him because he creates baggage.

FYI most HOF speeches and recognition is usually about those that helped you get to the HOF. Its very rarely about Self.

Did you listen to his speech? it was gracious. He made it about the people (his fans) and the city/school that he has grown to appreciate much more than he did when he was there. I'm not saying he wasn't flashy and arrogant in the league...I'm saying that is a persona (like the WWF HEEL) that he played. IF you knew him as a team mate, you would realize he played a roll....it was about self marketing. As far as "baggage" goes, no owner ever worried about getting a call from the news that TO was busted with a Kilo of coke, or that he beat his wife in an elevator, or was arrested for his 4th DUI...the guy is not what most people thought of him....If it was ALL ABOUT ME, he would have gone to Canton and Partied with everyone there....There is plenty of pomp and parties...plenty of "Look at me" moments. Instead, he threw a bone to the school and city that has embraced him. HE went to the Boys and girls club, he donated his time and money to several youth groups over the weekend. Yes, it is hard for people to see past the TO persona, but Terrell is a different Man.

caa51
August 5th, 2018, 05:51 PM

I believe the quote in his speech was "I love you but I love me more". Humble my ***!! Was always about him and always will be about him. The ceremony in Canton was much better without him, addition by subtraction!!!

Lehigh'98
August 5th, 2018, 05:52 PM
Should have got in last year. First ballot, not even a question. Only because some writers had an issue with him.

Lehigh'98
August 5th, 2018, 05:54 PM
I believe the quote in his speech was "I love you but I love me more". Humble my ***!! Was always about him and always will be about him. The ceremony in Canton was much better without him, addition by subtraction!!!

You ever see Michael Jordan’s HOF speech?

DeltaDevil662
August 5th, 2018, 08:12 PM

That's what he or many on ESPN seems to forget. It was HIS DAY.

I wouldn't want anything to do with writers who kept me from being a (well-deserved) first ballot HOF members because of personal vendettas when it is supposed to be about on the field performance. Then you had fellow members like Fouts and Polian saying they didn't want him in

grayghost06
August 5th, 2018, 09:19 PM
You ever see Michael Jordan’s HOF speech?

I thought of that yesterday. Best basketball player ever and probably the poorest sport/sorest loser ever. When he went out of his way to point out the guy who made the team "over" him (who was in the audience) and remind everyone that his high school coach was wrong for doing so, he vividly showed his true colors.

Bisonoline
August 5th, 2018, 09:33 PM
Did you listen to his speech? it was gracious. He made it about the people (his fans) and the city/school that he has grown to appreciate much more than he did when he was there. I'm not saying he wasn't flashy and arrogant in the league...I'm saying that is a persona (like the WWF HEEL) that he played. IF you knew him as a team mate, you would realize he played a roll....it was about self marketing. As far as "baggage" goes, no owner ever worried about getting a call from the news that TO was busted with a Kilo of coke, or that he beat his wife in an elevator, or was arrested for his 4th DUI...the guy is not what most people thought of him....If it was ALL ABOUT ME, he would have gone to Canton and Partied with everyone there....There is plenty of pomp and parties...plenty of "Look at me" moments. Instead, he threw a bone to the school and city that has embraced him. HE went to the Boys and girls club, he donated his time and money to several youth groups over the weekend. Yes, it is hard for people to see past the TO persona, but Terrell is a different Man.

So he played the heel? ok then. He knew exactly what he was doing. Facts is words and actions have consequences and he shouldnt have whined about it.

Bison Fan in NW MN
August 5th, 2018, 09:34 PM
Definitely deserved to be in as a player.

Is he a quality person of good character? From his own doing.....no. 4 or 5 kids with 4 or 5 different women....xeyebrowx Ex teammates that hate him.

Bisonoline
August 5th, 2018, 09:34 PM
I thought of that yesterday. Best basketball player ever and probably the poorest sport/sorest loser ever. When he went out of his way to point out the guy who made the team "over" him (who was in the audience) and remind everyone that his high school coach was wrong for doing so, he vividly showed his true colors.

I agree. Just goes to show money cant buy class.

Bison Fan in NW MN
August 5th, 2018, 09:35 PM
So he played the heel? ok then. He knew exactly what he was doing. Facts is words and actions have consequences and he shouldnt have whined about it.

This here.