10/20 at Jacksonville State
10/27 Samford
11/3 at Auburn
11/10 Idle
11/17 at Eastern Kentucky

TexasTerror
March 13th, 2007, 12:27 PM
Ugly schedule...

Two sub-Div I teams and an FBS. They've got to take care of business in OVC play if they want to discuss the playoffs, though that's probably out of the equation anyway, eh?

UNHWildCats
March 13th, 2007, 12:34 PM
im gonna update the schedule links shortly but something strange in the OVC as of right now with all the schedules announced and only 3 to go SE Missouri cant get 8 conference games, everyone else will have 8 is that odd?

BigApp
March 13th, 2007, 01:03 PM
that schedule won't do much for season ticket sales

chattanoogamocs
March 13th, 2007, 09:17 PM
im gonna update the schedule links shortly but something strange in the OVC as of right now with all the schedules announced and only 3 to go SE Missouri cant get 8 conference games, everyone else will have 8 is that odd?

Has Tennessee State announced their sked yet? They normally only play 7 OVC games (a major source of contention in the league) so they can keep 4 classics games.

It just dawned on me...if TSU only plays seven per year...does that mean that they rotate someone off every year (not to play) in the OVC?

...thus obviously sticking a 2nd OVC school without a full sked too.

Some OVC fan fill us in.

bigbluetiger
March 13th, 2007, 09:44 PM
Has Tennessee State announced their sked yet? They normally only play 7 OVC games (a major source of contention in the league) so they can keep 4 classics games.

It just dawned on me...if TSU only plays seven per year...does that mean that they rotate someone off every year (not to play) in the OVC?

...thus obviously sticking a 2nd OVC school without a full sked too.

Some OVC fan fill us in.

That is correct. This year it is SEMO AND JxSU. Most years this is a non-issue because we are not in the conference race. This year we will be predicted to finish in the top three. Our coach is on record in favor of playing full conference schedule. With that being said, you would not believe the excitement within my fellow alumni that we will be playing Southern. It's a sticky situation that our AD has managed but the heat will crank up this year.

Golden Eagle
March 14th, 2007, 12:29 AM
I hadn't heard of Concordia before, very interesting schedule. Six Thursday night games. I just hope we don't wear those yellow uniforms on national television again, if we get on this year.

89Hen
March 14th, 2007, 08:46 AM
Ugly schedule...

Two sub-Div I teams and an FBS.
Gotta agree. OVC + payday + two sub DI = xsmhx

Libertine
March 14th, 2007, 03:21 PM
I know Cumberland is NAIA but what division is Concordia (AL)? Are they a brand new program or something?

atlGAmocs
March 14th, 2007, 03:35 PM
The Auburn game caused UTC to have to scramble at the last minute to pick up an 11th game. TTU asked out of our scheduled game to accomodate Auburn. UTC ended up scheduling Carson-Newman, a D II :( game. A lose - lose situation for the Mocs.

BigApp
March 14th, 2007, 03:56 PM
is this the same Cumberland that GaTech scored 200+ points on?

Golden Eagle
March 14th, 2007, 05:44 PM
I know Cumberland is NAIA but what division is Concordia (AL)? Are they a brand new program or something?

NAIA as well. I'd never heard of 'em.

is this the same Cumberland that GaTech scored 200+ points on?

Yes indeedy. Their campus is about 45 miles away from our own.