PDA

View Full Version : What player from your conference would you like on your roster?

Milktruck74
July 29th, 2018, 09:23 AM
Since it is Mid Summer and the lowest darkest point of football is here (just before the dawn of football), I thought I'd ask a stupid question (to get a stupid response) and see what player in your respective conference you would like to add to your roster. Who is that one guy that would take your team up a level? Fit your system? has a great name? Whatever the reason.....just tell us who and why? I figure this will also help us see what is going on outside of our respective conferences.

Milktruck74
July 29th, 2018, 09:29 AM
As a Mocs Fan, I would add SAM Walker, TE from Mercer to our roster. HE is probably not the obvious choice from the SoCon, but I think he fill a serious gap in the Mocs game. We haven't had a go to TE in several years and Sam is that. HE is good for 3 or 4 catches a game for about 8-10 yards each, he helps move the chains in that critical 3rd and 8 area, he has sure hands and he can block. If he were on our roster, would add that element that requires Defenses to cover that area beyond the box and before the deep ball.....the 6-12 yard box. This would soften up the run AND the deeper coverage....and not going 3 and out on every other series would actually help the Defense get a blow. So, he is not the flashy guy that everybody wants, Ithink he would be one of the biggest helps to our game....Now, we just need tofind someone on our current roster that can do what he does!!!

SU DOG
July 29th, 2018, 09:51 AM
Good question for this lag time, IMO. As a Samford Fan, I have 2 in mind, and can't decide, so I'll list both. Andre Stoddard of Wofford or Kealand Dirks of Furman. Either might give us a short-yardage power running game that I think we badly need.

dewey
July 29th, 2018, 10:12 AM
I will say Junior Khalen Saunders, defensive tackle, from Western Illinois.

With Nate Tanguay graduating it would be nice to have an absolute stud defensive tackle anchoring the middle.

https://goleathernecks.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=16333

#99 KHALEN SAUNDERS
POSITION Defensive Line
HEIGHT 6-2
WEIGHT 310
CLASS Junior
HOMETOWN St. Louis, Mo.
HIGHSCHOOL Parkway Central

Biography
JUNIOR (2017): Named Honorable Mention Preseason All-Missouri Valley Football Conference…Phil Steele’s All-American list… First Team All-MVFC

SOPHOMORE (2016): Honorable Mention All-Missouri Valley Football Conference... started in all 11 games... 48 tackles, 5.0 for a loss... two pass break-ups and blocked a kick... made his first collegiate start at Eastern Illinois, finished with four tackles to match his career-high... two of his three tackles against Northern Arizona were solo stops... three tackles, including a shared sack, at Northern Illinois... three solo tackles, including two tackles for a loss, at South Dakota State... career-high six solo tackles against Indiana State and also matched his best of two tackles for a loss... five tackles at Missouri State... five tackles, broke up a pass and blocked a field goal attempt against North Dakota State... career-high eight tackles at South Dakota, including a personal-best seven solo stops... four tackles and a quarterback hurry versus Illinois State... three solo tackles against UNI... five tackles at Southern Illinois (four solos).
CAREER-HIGH TACKLES: 8 at SOUTH DAKOTA (10/29/16)
CAREER-HIGH TFL: 2.0 on three occasions

REDSHIRT-FRESHMAN (2015): Played in all 13 games... made 27 tackles, including 4.5 for a loss and 2.5 sacks... recovered a fumble... recorded two solo tackles in his debut against Eastern Illinois... four tackles at Illinois... recovered a fumble at Coastal Carolina... three solo tackles against Southern Illinois... made two tackles versus South Dakota... solo tackle at UNI... shared on a sack at Illinois State... played against Youngstown State... four tackles at North Dakota State, matching his season-high... made four solo tackles at Indiana State, including a 7-yard TFL... made four tackles, including 2.0 TFL and a sack, with a quarterback hurry against South Dakota State... assisted tackle at Dayton... assisted tackle at Illinois State.

FRESHMAN (2014): Redshirted.

HIGH SCHOOL: Lettered in football, wrestling and track/field… earned All-Conference and All-State honors at defensive tackle and at offensive athlete… team placed second in state during the 2013 football season… was runner-up following his junior year in the state track meet in the shot put… played for coach Mark Goldenberg.

PERSONAL: Born August 9, 1996 in St. Louis… his parents have been a major influence, “They support me and my brother, even though we have very different talents.”… most admires his HS coach Mark Goldenberg, “For giving me a chance to run the ball.”… hobbies include the piano and tumbling… favorite professional team is the Seattle Seahawks… favorite musicians are Kanye West and Chance the Rapper… son of Kenton Saunders and Kim Hamilton.

With Nate Tanguay graduating it would be nice to have an absolute stud defensive tackle anchoring the middle.

Dewey

FUBeAR
July 29th, 2018, 10:46 AM
Fun question...

Answering for either/both Mercer and Furman...so I get to pick 2 :)

Offense - Kelvin McKnight from Samford, please
Defense - Miles Brown from Wofford, thank you

If you force me to choose just 1 of those, give me the little man what scores dem pints!! (McKnight)

caribbeanhen
July 29th, 2018, 11:49 AM
For Delaware, give me #10 JMU WR Riley Stapleton

Milktruck74
July 29th, 2018, 11:50 AM
Fun question...

Answering for either/both Mercer and Furman...so I get to pick 2 :)

Offense - Kelvin McKnight from Samford, please
Defense - Miles Brown from Wofford, thank you

If you force me to choose just 1 of those, give me the little man what scores dem pints!! (McKnight)

Furman and Mercer are two very different teams....would you pick McKnight for both?

LU808
July 29th, 2018, 01:19 PM
Lehigh RB Dom Bragalone anyone?

FUBeAR
July 29th, 2018, 01:56 PM
Furman and Mercer are two very different teams....would you pick McKnight for both?
Yep. He’s pretty good.

Iridebikes
July 29th, 2018, 01:59 PM
Since it is Mid Summer and the lowest darkest point of football is here (just before the dawn of football), I thought I'd ask a stupid question (to get a stupid response) and see what player in your respective conference you would like to add to your roster. Who is that one guy that would take your team up a level? Fit your system? has a great name? Whatever the reason.....just tell us who and why? I figure this will also help us see what is going on outside of our respective conferences.

Great question? For EWU I would apprciate it if we could get Mr. Keelan Doss, Wide Receiver from UC Davis to play in Cheney this year. An experienced, explosive receiver would be a welcome addition to a still you receiving corp.

jmu007
July 29th, 2018, 04:22 PM

To bring this trade full circle, I'll select Delaware LB, #9, Troy Reeder

AmsterBison
July 30th, 2018, 10:31 AM
I'd take Taryn Christion from SDSU.

First, he'd be a good backup for Easton Stick.
Second, SDSU becomes that much weaker.

ST_Lawson
July 30th, 2018, 11:27 AM
I will say Junior Khalen Saunders, defensive tackle, from Western Illinois.

https://goleathernecks.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=16333

#99 KHALEN SAUNDERS
POSITION Defensive Line
HEIGHT 6-2
WEIGHT 310
CLASS Junior
HOMETOWN St. Louis, Mo.
HIGHSCHOOL Parkway Central

Plus, how many 300+ lb D-Linemen have you seen that can do backflips?

As for me...I want Cox!....er....um....that came out wrong.
Alternately, Tanner Volson would also be nice, we could use some help on the O-line this year.

dewey
July 30th, 2018, 11:28 AM
Plus, how many 300+ lb D-Linemen have you seen that can do backflips?

As for me...I want Cox!....er....um....that came out wrong.
Alternately, Tanner Volson would also be nice, we could use some help on the O-line this year.

Saunders really stood out to me last year and how he ran everything down from sideline to sideline and was really a dominant force in that game. He is a STUD!

Dewey

Silenoz
July 30th, 2018, 11:39 AM
Troy Anderson

LU808
July 30th, 2018, 12:19 PM
For Lehigh - I'll take NDSU's entire 2nd string Defensive unit

BisonTru
July 30th, 2018, 01:13 PM
Christian Rozeboom, LB SDSU.

I just like his name.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

van
July 30th, 2018, 01:20 PM
would be happy with Gate's Nick Wheeler to bolster the DL, good size and strength and Economics major

ASU33
July 30th, 2018, 01:26 PM
De'Arius Christmas-Grambling State

BadlandsGrizFan
July 30th, 2018, 03:41 PM
Troy Anderson

Yes but play him at freaking Linebacker like he should always be at....not dick him around at RB, LB and QB like lil brother wants to try.

POD Knows
July 30th, 2018, 03:49 PM
For NDSU, a punter, we seem to be pretty weak at that position, the guy we got coming back had 3 punts last year for an average of about 32 yards per punt. Could be pretty scary although if every thing goes to plan, maybe he won't see the field this year. xdrunkyx

clenz
July 30th, 2018, 05:04 PM
For NDSU, a punter, we seem to be pretty weak at that position, the guy we got coming back had 3 punts last year for an average of about 32 yards per punt. Could be pretty scary although if every thing goes to plan, maybe he won't see the field this year. xdrunkyx
Along the same line for uni.

I don’t know who the best kicker is in the MVFC, but him. Our special teams - specifically FG, PAT and kickoffs - at least 5 games the last 2 or 3 seasons.

TheKingpin28
July 30th, 2018, 05:26 PM

I don’t know who the best kicker is in the MVFC, but him. Our special teams - specifically FG, PAT and kickoffs - at least 5 games the last 2 or 3 seasons.

If Vinatieri is still at SDSU, I'd say he is the best in the league. I thought he was a solid PKer for them last year as well as Hale for their Punter. If they are still there, they probably have the best combo right now in the league.

CappinHard
July 30th, 2018, 06:08 PM
If Vinatieri is still at SDSU, I'd say he is the best in the league. I thought he was a solid PKer for them last year as well as Hale for their Punter. If they are still there, they probably have the best combo right now in the league.

They're both still here. Hale is a Senior and Chase "the LEGacy" Vinatieri is a Junior. I agree, they're the top combo in the MVFC, not sure about all of FCS.

TheKingpin28
July 30th, 2018, 06:29 PM
They're both still here. Hale is a Senior and Chase "the LEGacy" Vinatieri is a Junior. I agree, they're the top combo in the MVFC, not sure about all of FCS.

I'd just take a punter who can flip a field and coffin corner the hell out of the ball. So, does anyone mind if LeCompte comes back to NDSU and puts on the green and gold again? It would just temporary until the situation becomes rectified? xnodx

ST_Lawson
July 30th, 2018, 06:56 PM

Sam Crosa at WIU was a perfect 10/10 for FGs last year with a long of 45.
Vinatieri went 13/14 with a long of 55, so obviously very good there too.
UNI's Sam Drysdale was also decent at 14/21, scoring 1.4 FGs per game.

All three are juniors this coming season.

TheKingpin28
July 30th, 2018, 07:26 PM

All three are juniors this coming season.So was that yes to LeCompte tho? xlolx

But I think Vinatieri has the leg and that can make or break a game when one is sitting at 4th and 3 at the 30-35yd line. Knowing you can go to your kicker instead of trying to convert it or having to consider punting it, is yuge.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

clenz
July 30th, 2018, 07:31 PM

All three are juniors this coming season.

UNIs FG game is horrendous. If he’s near the top we all need to invest serious money into kickers in this conference.

F'N Hawks
July 30th, 2018, 07:44 PM
UND will be starting a freshman at kicker, punter and long snapper. At least one of them a true freshman.

So we got that going for us.

ST_Lawson
July 30th, 2018, 09:17 PM
UNIs FG game is horrendous. If he’s near the top we all need to invest serious money into kickers in this conference.

Maybe we already have...the best kickers statistically last season were sophomores.

POD Knows
July 30th, 2018, 09:19 PM

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkYea, I couldn't a specific player from any of the rosters, I am just hoping we don't have to punt all year. Maybe on third down we will just throw Hail Mary's and hope for a pick.

TheKingpin28
July 30th, 2018, 09:28 PM
Yea, I couldn't a specific player from any of the rosters, I am just hoping we don't have to punt all year. Maybe on third down we will just throw Hail Mary's and hope for a pick.

#BringBackTheVeer

Big Dawg
July 31st, 2018, 06:54 AM
Elijah Bell WR, NCA&T

Bison56
July 31st, 2018, 08:00 AM

Who's going to get him the ball?xpeacex

clenz
July 31st, 2018, 09:53 AM
Maybe we already have...the best kickers statistically last season were sophomores.

If one of the 3 best kickers in the conference misses over 1/3 of their FGs it’s time to stop kicking them.

Side note - I’m a massive advocate for almost never punting or kicking FGs.

ST_Lawson
July 31st, 2018, 09:55 AM
If one of the 3 best kickers in the conference misses over 1/3 of their FGs it’s time to stop kicking them.

Side note - I’m a massive advocate for almost never punting or kicking FGs.

I don't disagree. I was just pointing out that they were all still pretty young.

Catbooster
July 31st, 2018, 11:27 AM
Probably any one of a number of the QB's. Hopefully, after we know who ours is and he's played a couple games I'll change my opinion. QB is a total unknown for us right now.

IBleedYellow
July 31st, 2018, 11:59 AM
I'd take Taryn Christion from SDSU.

First, he'd be a good backup for Easton Stick.
Second, SDSU becomes that much weaker.

This was my exact thought process.

crusader11
July 31st, 2018, 12:21 PM
Easy for me in the Patrout League — Dom Bragalone from Lehigh.

DeltaDevil662
July 31st, 2018, 04:15 PM
De’Arius Christmas from Grambling. Pair him with our 1st Teamer Patrick Harbin and that's one of the best LB cores in the country

TheKingpin28
July 31st, 2018, 08:44 PM
De’Arius Christmas from Grambling. Pair him with our 1st Teamer Patrick Harbin and that's one of the best LB cores in the country

It's tough knowing he was voted 2nd Team All-American. He can straight up ball.

GreenGlasses
August 1st, 2018, 09:30 PM
Who's going to get him the ball?xpeacex

Joe Flacco might be in need of a job soon. He have an eligibility left.