PDA

View Full Version : Who will hear their name announced on draft day from I-FCS?

UNH SUPERFAN
March 11th, 2007, 05:24 PM
Who are people hearing are the top 1-FCS candidates to be drafted? Only a few at the combine, any scuttlebutt about others?

NDSUFREAK
March 11th, 2007, 05:31 PM
I am pretty sure about North Dakota State Safety Craig Dahl in the late rounds. He had a better 40 at the NDSU pro day than at the combines. Plus, he has put on a TON of muscle.

CoastalFan2005
March 11th, 2007, 07:38 PM
I've been reading that Tyler Thigpen has a good chance to be a late round pick.

NFLCB2
March 11th, 2007, 09:45 PM
Daren Stone

BEAR
March 11th, 2007, 09:46 PM
DE Jacob Ford - UCA should go in the first day...if not the start of the second...

Maybe even WR Aaron Fairooz because of his blocking ability and decent speed. But maybe he will be a priority Free Agent.

But the most likely candidate will be Jacob Ford.

CCU97
March 12th, 2007, 08:32 AM
DE Jacob Ford - UCA should go in the first day...if not the start of the second...

Maybe even WR Aaron Fairooz because of his blocking ability and decent speed. But maybe he will be a priority Free Agent.

But the most likely candidate will be Jacob Ford.

I know that Rivals.com isn't the end-all-be-all but they don't even have Ford listed in the top 30 DE in the draft....How is he going to be picked on the first day? Have they completely overlooked something?

GannonFan
March 12th, 2007, 08:47 AM
Patrick from UD is a lock to be drafted as a TE, just a question of when.

andy7171
March 12th, 2007, 08:50 AM
Jermon Bushrod, Towson OT

CSUBUCDAD
March 12th, 2007, 09:29 AM
CSU WR Price is a 50-50 to go in the late rounds.

Green26
March 12th, 2007, 10:43 AM
Here's a link to an article of Scout.com, which is now also on the websites of various NFL teams, on Josh Swogger of Montana. It's entitled: "Swogger's Opening Some NFL Eyes".

http://story.scout.com/a.z?s=149&p=2&c=625618

G.S.Green
March 12th, 2007, 10:44 AM
Justin Durrant is a lock. He just may be a late first day selection.

Travarous Bain is another unique prospect due to his combination of long arms ("34), height (legit 6'), and speed (4.4). Expect him to go 6th or 7th.

The other wild cards is Onrea Jones. He turned out to be bigger, faster, and had better hands than anyone gave him credit for. His stock should continue to rise depending on who shows up for HU’s two pro days.

Alonzo Coleman and Marquay McDaniel will most likely be free agent pickups.

Pauly LB
March 12th, 2007, 10:45 AM
Possibly Courtney Brown of Cal Poly since he turned some heads at the Pro Day at San Jose State last week...

From the Cal Poly football website...

Former Cal Poly cornerback Courtney Brown established some eye-catching marks at the Pro Day held Tuesday at San Jose State.

So much so that the NFL Network is doing a feature story Thursday afternoon on the Mustang senior.

Brown posted the fastest 40-yard dash time of 4.32 seconds as well as the highest vertical jump at 41.5 inches.

In addition, Brown recorded the second-fastest 10-yard time of 1.46 seconds, was No. 4 in shuttle time (4.07 seconds) and also recorded marks of 15 reps in the 225-pound bench press and 7.10 seconds in the three-cone drill time.

mcveyrl
March 12th, 2007, 10:46 AM
Justin Durrant is a lock. He just may be a late first day selection.

Travarous Bain is another unique prospect due to his combination of long arms ("34), height (legit 6'), and speed (4.4). Expect him to go 6th or 7th.

The other wild cards is Onrea Jones. He turned out to be bigger, faster, and had better hands than anyone gave him credit for. His stock should continue to rise depending on who shows up for HU’s two pro days.

Alonzo Coleman and Marquay McDaniel will most likely be free agent pickups.

Everything I've heard or seen on Durant concurs. He'll probably be the first FCS player taken. I'm excited to see where he goes.

G.S.Green
March 12th, 2007, 11:00 AM
;)
Everything I've heard or seen on Durant concurs. He'll probably be the first FCS player taken. I'm excited to see where he goes.

The thing with Durrant is he did some things very well at the combine that will make him invaluable as an outside. Key drills for him were change of direction (big success there and strength. He will fit a scheme that emphasizes LB covering opponents in space ala Cato June in the Colts scheme. For that matter, June has been in the league four years and has the same weight.xnodx

Maybe the Colts can lose June and pick up a clone successor in the 3rd round. xrolleyesx

HensRock
March 12th, 2007, 12:59 PM
Patrick from UD is a lock to be drafted as a TE, just a question of when.

Not only is Patrick a great player, but he has been a great ambassador for Delaware and I-AA/FCS at the East/West Shrine Game, Senior Bowl, and NFL Combine...

When asked about the difference between I-AA and ACC Football:
"I don’t think it’s as dramatic of a drop-off as everyone seems to think. The overall size and speed of the entire team is a little bit different but there are definitely players in the Atlantic 10 who I played against who would have no problem playing in the ACC."
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/interviews/benpatrick/benpatrick.html

"some of the greatest players ever to play football have come from D-1AA[sic] schools. "
"I appreciate everyone having me on, as well as the questions and support. I'm glad I was a part of the University of Delaware."
http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/chatESPN?event_id=14835

"A lot of teams ask me why I transferred from Duke to Delaware. Transferring to Delaware definitely helped me in my quest to be drafted. I have no animosity towards Duke University. Duke helped me make me who I am today. I will always bleed Duke blue, but the University of Delaware owns my soul. Delaware is my home and nothing makes me prouder then to have been able to represent Delaware at all star games and the NFL Combine."
http://www.warroomreport.com/features/interviews/benpatrick.htm

kats89
March 12th, 2007, 06:58 PM
DD Terry, Sam Houston RB could possibly be a late round pick. He evidently faired pretty well during pro day at SHSU.

He ran 4.40 and 4.42 in the 40, had a vertical jump of 38½ inches, a 10-foot-1 broad jump and 12 strength lifts.

http://www.shsu.edu/~org_nbs/SFA_web/images/SFA1.jpg