PDA

View Full Version : What time is kickoff?

GAD
July 24th, 2005, 09:49 PM
What time does your team normally kickoff for home games

Southern tees it up 7:00pm cental time off course

rokamortis
July 24th, 2005, 09:56 PM
Coastal is usually 7pm but later in the season they start at 12:30pm Eastern.

TheValleyRaider
July 24th, 2005, 10:17 PM
Early in the season games start at 1 PM EST, but late in the year (November and on) they get moved back to 12:30 to accomodate the earlier sunsets.

bkrownd
July 24th, 2005, 10:18 PM
UMass is always 12, 12:30, or 1. Kickoff gets earlier later in the season due to decreasing daylight and temperature. The rare night games start about 6.

kats89
July 24th, 2005, 10:19 PM
Early season games start aroung 6pm or 7pm just because it is so freakin hot!

Later in the season 2pm.

I see some of you up north say the games get moved to 1230 or so. Ya'll don't have lights in your stadiums?

GSUBass
July 24th, 2005, 10:23 PM
GSU's first two home games usually start around 6 or 7. Then after that they start around 1. This year is a little different though. First 2 games start at 7 and then we have a bunch of 3:30 / 4:30 games. Homecoming is usually a noon start, but that's different this year too.

I can't wait for the later start times later in the season, more time to get down to statesboro and tailgate.

McTailGator
July 24th, 2005, 10:27 PM
What time does your team normally kickoff for home games

Southern tees it up 7:00pm cental time off course

7 PM est

unless the NCAA forces us to change a game time.

No Thursday night games in the Hole. That should be outlawed anyway.

McTailGator
July 24th, 2005, 10:29 PM
Early in the season games start at 1 PM EST, but late in the year (November and on) they get moved back to 12:30 to accomodate the earlier sunsets.

Damn, that sure cuts into the tailgate parties. I'm only on my 5th beer at noon. (;

TheValleyRaider
July 24th, 2005, 10:47 PM
Damn, that sure cuts into the tailgate parties. I'm only on my 5th beer at noon. (;
I can't speak for others, but for most students tailgating really is just an extension of the night before ;)

TheValleyRaider
July 24th, 2005, 10:49 PM
I see some of you up north say the games get moved to 1230 or so. Ya'll don't have lights in your stadiums?

No lights in Hamilton. We probably wouldn't use them, as it gets plenty cold in broad daylight up here. There's no need for the sun to go down as well. Besides, what else says "college football" like a crisp afternoon November snowfall? :D

ngineer
July 24th, 2005, 10:53 PM
1 P.M. at Gopdman in September and October. 12:30 P.M in November.

blur2005
July 24th, 2005, 10:56 PM
JMU's home opener is always late, usually 6 or 7, so the fireworks show is actually done in the dark after the game. And it's always the best fireworks show of the year, even better than what Harrisonburg brings out for New Years. After that, the start times vary, from noon to like 3:30. This year the start times are 6:00 twice, 1:30 three times, and Homecoming is at 3.

SiouxFallsJack
July 25th, 2005, 12:46 AM
At South Dakota State we play under the lights with a 7pm start thru early October then switch to a 2pm or 1pm kickoff the last half of the year.

bobcatfan06
July 25th, 2005, 12:51 AM
No lights in Hamilton. We probably wouldn't use them, as it gets plenty cold in broad daylight up here. There's no need for the sun to go down as well. Besides, what else says "college football" like a crisp afternoon November snowfall? :D

I'm so glad I live in Texas. I remember last year it was about 40 degrees at kickoff for our last game and I seriously thought I was going to freeze to death. I think it has snowed here maybe MAYBE 3 times in the 4 years I have been in San Marcos.

Big Dawg
July 25th, 2005, 01:36 AM
At the beginning of the season it's normally 7:00 PM and later on it will become a 3:00 or 4:00 kickoff which is just right right for those cool October and November afternoons...this is North Florida not South Florida, so it does get pretty cool up here.

bkrownd
July 25th, 2005, 01:42 AM

You are wise, sir. :)

CatFan22
July 25th, 2005, 02:40 AM
Montana St. usually at 12:05.

golionsgo
July 25th, 2005, 02:45 AM
SOUTHEASTERN LOUISIANA

Our two non-conference home games are both on Thursday night at 6:30. Our second one against Alcorn State will be on ESPNU.

Conference home games start at 6:00 p.m.

Tribe4SF
July 25th, 2005, 07:23 AM
Tribe is 1:00 with A-10 TV games at 12:00. JMU game Nov. 5 will be 7:00. Future games in Sept. will likely be 7:00.

Eagle_77
July 25th, 2005, 08:03 AM
GSU's normal start time is 1pm. About 5-6 years ago we started to have the first game at night with a 7pm start. The only other games that started different where homecoming and it was usually a 3:30 start to let the alum have more time to get to the games. Last year and this one has been a little different but this year is mostly because of the amount of TV games we have. I have not missed a home game since '96 and this is the first I can remember us having two games scheduled for night starts in this time. We also only have one 1:00 start this year, which is very rare. Being that we practice in the heat and humidity we like to use it to our advantage on Saturdays. The fans don’t like it too much but it is in the teams favor. I believe that we are trying to get more butts in the seats so we have changed start times to try to draw more.

89Hen
July 25th, 2005, 09:23 AM
Delaware starts the season with 7pm games for usually the first three home and then Noon or 1pm. Although, I think the Richmond game is a 3pm start this year. :confused:

GOKATS
July 25th, 2005, 10:42 AM
Montana St. usually at 12:05.

Early season games are 1:05 except for Homecoming which is 1:35. Late seson games are at 12:05 (goes with the change from daylight time to standard time). I think it's a Big Sky rule if you don't have lights.

FightinBluHen51
July 25th, 2005, 01:01 PM
Delaware starts the season with 7pm games for usually the first three home and then Noon or 1pm. Although, I think the Richmond game is a 3pm start this year. :confused:

tenatively, yes.

DuckDuckGriz
July 25th, 2005, 02:17 PM
I'm so glad I live in Texas. I remember last year it was about 40 degrees at kickoff for our last game and I seriously thought I was going to freeze to death. I think it has snowed here maybe MAYBE 3 times in the 4 years I have been in San Marcos.

You've got to be kidding me. 40 degrees? I thought Texans were tough? ;)

DuckDuckGriz
July 25th, 2005, 02:19 PM
Montana

1:05 pm MST during daylight savings
12:05 pm MST after daylight savings
4 pm when ESPN is in town :nod:

charliej
July 25th, 2005, 02:26 PM
This year Nova plays an unusual three night games.The two Sept. starts are at 7:00,the Oct.game at 6. The day games are 3:00 & 1:00 kickoffs.

Go...gate
July 25th, 2005, 04:35 PM
Who needs lights in Hamilton, NY! When the moon reflects down on the November snow which has already accumulated on the field, visibility is fine! ;)

UAalum72
July 25th, 2005, 04:42 PM
Except for an opening 6:00 night game, Albany's trying 4:00 starts this year, instead of the traditional 1:00 (2:00 for homecoming). I would've gone for 3:00 so the results could be on the 6:00 news, but it's an improvement - students will be awake by mid-afternoon, and adults will have time for family stuff or a morning round of golf and not have to rush to make the game. And still only the second half of the November game will be on past sundown after the cold weather starts.

Umass74
July 25th, 2005, 04:44 PM

It was 44 degrees and raining for the UMass Spring Game on May 1st. By the time I got home in NH it was 39 degrees...

Just another day in sunny New England. :)

McTailGator
July 26th, 2005, 09:05 AM
I can't speak for others, but for most students tailgating really is just an extension of the night before ;)

LOL...

We don't rely on our students for tailgating. Most of them can't afford it given to cost of a reserved tailgate spot at McNeese.

We alumni have to make up for those poor kids by acting like kids 6 times a year in the fall. And our Tailgate parties start at noon on Fridays and last for about 36 hours.

Students only make up about 15 - 20% of our gate.

AND 99% OF OUR GAMES ARE AT 7:pm UNDER THE LIGHTS, THE WAY GOD WANTED FOOTBALL TO BE PLAYED. (;

http://eteamz.active.com/bearkatsportsforum/images/thehole.jpg

McNeeserocket
July 31st, 2005, 12:43 PM
LOL...

We don't rely on our students for tailgating. Most of them can't afford it given to cost of a reserved tailgate spot at McNeese.

We alumni have to make up for those poor kids by acting like kids 6 times a year in the fall. And our Tailgate parties start at noon on Fridays and last for about 36 hours.

Students only make up about 15 - 20% of our gate.

AND 99% OF OUR GAMES ARE AT 7m UNDER THE LIGHTS, THE WAY GOD WANTED FOOTBALL TO BE PLAYED.

http://eteamz.active.com/bearkatsportsforum/images/thehole.jpg
Damn Straight!