PDA

View Full Version : FCS Fantasy Football

CappinHard
July 19th, 2018, 01:23 PM
Does anyone play Fantasy football with FCS players? I know are sites out there that will host leagues with FBS players, but in my short search I haven't seen one that offers an FCS league. I think it would be a lot of fun to get a group of 10 or 12 guys and have an FCS Fantasy Football league. It would be a pain to manage the league on your own, but obviously it can be done.

FUBeAR
July 19th, 2018, 02:29 PM
Does anyone play Fantasy football with FCS players? I know are sites out there that will host leagues with FBS players, but in my short search I haven't seen one that offers an FCS league. I think it would be a lot of fun to get a group of 10 or 12 guys and have an FCS Fantasy Football league. It would be a pain to manage the league on your own, but obviously it can be done.I know a former FCS Player who is a Fantasy Football expert - plays in 4 or 5 leagues each year & did an internship with a company that ‘plays’ in that space. I’ll check with him to see if he’s aware of any Apps / Sites which might offer such an FCS League solution & report back.

I’d be interested if it was one of those hosted type of things where all data is available online & in one place. If not, I’m out.

ursus arctos horribilis
July 19th, 2018, 02:53 PM
We've went over this one for about 5 yrs. now but nobody has actually put it together..as much as we've discussed this. I just know I ain't got time to manage another thing but if it comes about I'm all in for promoting the thing for sure.xthumbsupx

FUBeAR
July 19th, 2018, 02:59 PM
We've went over this one for about 5 yrs. now but nobody has actually put it together..as much as we've discussed this. I just know I ain't got time to manage another thing but if it comes about I'm all in for promoting the thing for sure.xthumbsupxNo doubt. I played 1 year of NFL Fantasy Football before the Interwebs were really a ‘thing’ and while it was fun, it was way too much work.

My ‘expert’ also happens to be a Software Engineer & a Web Developer seeking a few ‘side hustles,’ so if there is no FCS Fantasy League ‘plug-and-play’ solution already out there & he thinks there is a biz opportunity there, maybe he’ll build it & we will come. xnodx

clenz
July 19th, 2018, 03:05 PM
We've went over this one for about 5 yrs. now but nobody has actually put it together..as much as we've discussed this. I just know I ain't got time to manage another thing but if it comes about I'm all in for promoting the thing for sure.xthumbsupx

Like 2 years ago I had a scoring system and forms in place. I didn’t have time to manage it or come up with it beyond the scoring.

I was close to having a rough test year with just MvFC players but didn’t get it done in time.

It was significantly more involved than I wanted without having a site to auto fill player stats and add/drops.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BisonTru
July 19th, 2018, 04:13 PM
I'd be in.... if someone wants to put in the work. :D

A couple of thoughts. Doing the whole FCS leaves a lot of players for a league. It also would be a ton of work on the organizer. It might be a bit easier to do say a BigSky/MVFC Fantasy league. That would be 23 fcs teams which would make for a pretty good 8-10 fantasy team league.

Also, another idea is you could do a weekly pick em fantasy league. I may even consider running something like this as it would be relatively easy. Basically pick a starting roster and post it each week. The commish would just have to keep track of all the scores. You could pick a whole new team each week.

I also like throwing money at these kind of things. In my experience people pay more attention even if it's just something small like $20. Although ursus might not like AGS being associated with it if it involves money, but I'll let him respond to that.

cx500d
July 19th, 2018, 05:32 PM
I'd be in.... if someone wants to put in the work. 😀

A couple of thoughts. Doing the whole FCS leaves a lot of players for a league. It also would be a ton of work on the organizer. It might be a bit easier to do say a BigSky/MVFC Fantasy league. That would be 23 fcs teams which would make for a pretty good 8-10 fantasy team league.

Also, another idea is you could do a weekly pick em fantasy league. I may even consider running something like this as it would be relatively easy. Basically pick a starting roster and post it each week. The commish would just have to keep track of all the scores. You could pick a whole new team each week.

I also like throwing money at these kind of things. In my experience people pay more attention even if it's just something small like $20. Although ursus might not like AGS being associated with it if it involves money, but I'll let him respond to that.

Plus’s it will let the SoCon people live out their fantasy of being in the MVFC or Big Fluffy and run an offense that doesn’t involve 99 & 44/100ths % runs

ursus arctos horribilis
July 19th, 2018, 05:34 PM
No doubt. I played 1 year of NFL Fantasy Football before the Interwebs were really a ‘thing’ and while it was fun, it was way too much work.

My ‘expert’ also happens to be a Software Engineer & a Web Developer seeking a few ‘side hustles,’ so if there is no FCS Fantasy League ‘plug-and-play’ solution already out there & he thinks there is a biz opportunity there, maybe he’ll build it & we will come. xnodx
If he is a friend of yours and you guys want to use AGS to direct traffic or help out as I said I am all in for promoting it here and having our group of users proliferate to their own boards etc.

ursus arctos horribilis
July 19th, 2018, 05:36 PM
Plus’s it will let the SoCon people live out their fantasy of being in the MVFC or Big Fluffy and run an offense that doesn’t involve 99 & 44/100ths % runs

xlolx

ursus arctos horribilis
July 19th, 2018, 05:38 PM
Like 2 years ago I had a scoring system and forms in place. I didn’t have time to manage it or come up with it beyond the scoring.

I was close to having a rough test year with just MvFC players but didn’t get it done in time.

It was significantly more involved than I wanted without having a site to auto fill player stats and add/drops.

Yeah, this **** just takes someone with a bit of time and from what we already run around here most of The Wedge guys are fairly stacked with stuff.

FUBeAR
July 19th, 2018, 05:43 PM
If he is a friend of yours and you guys want to use AGS to direct traffic or help out as I said I am all in for promoting it here and having our group of users proliferate to their own boards etc.

Yeah...he’s a pretty good ‘friend.’ Known him since he was a wee little < 1 minute old Bear Cub. He said he didn’t know of anyone/anywhere else doing it for FCS & he’d think about whether he wanted to build something to do it. Will let y’all know if he does & gets something usable up & running.

Appreciate the offer to support spreading the news, if he does. I’ll pass that along as well.

saxbison
July 19th, 2018, 05:49 PM
I'd be in.... if someone wants to put in the work. :D

I actually ran a pen and paper league with just the MVFC. It was a ton of fun, but not so easy sometimes because certain schools don't update box scores in a timely manner (WIU and ISUb).

FUBeAR
July 19th, 2018, 05:49 PM

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkIKR, Samford has pulled that % down to that low of a level. SoCon starting to look like a 7-on-7 tournament. It’s embarrassing...not as embarrassing as The Big Lie Conference’s overall performances in the Playoffs in recent years, but still bad.

Can I draft NDSU’s A-Gap Power as 1 of the Players on my FCS Fantasy Team?

cx500d
July 19th, 2018, 07:00 PM
IKR, Samford has pulled that % down to that low of a level. SoCon starting to look like a 7-on-7 tournament. It’s embarrassing...not as embarrassing as The Big Lie Conference’s overall performances in the Playoffs in recent years, but still bad.

Can I draft NDSU’s A-Gap Power as 1 of the Players on my FCS Fantasy Team?

Sure why not? Don’t draft our receivers

caribbeanhen
July 21st, 2018, 07:29 AM
Unfortunately for FCS seems like all but two teams are living a fantasy

FUBeAR
July 21st, 2018, 08:55 AM
Yeah...he’s a pretty good ‘friend.’ Known him since he was a wee little < 1 minute old Bear Cub. He said he didn’t know of anyone/anywhere else doing it for FCS & he’d think about whether he wanted to build something to do it. Will let y’all know if he does & gets something usable up & running.

Appreciate the offer to support spreading the news, if he does. I’ll pass that along as well.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkMy guy has advised that he has decided NOT to work on this for this season. I guess adding this to going to Grad School & working full-time is too much for him. Just another wimpy millennial snowflake that doesn’t appreciate the value of hard work, it seems. ;)

Sorry guys. Maybe next year.