PDA

View Full Version : SWAC schedule unbalanced ???

Keeper
July 17th, 2018, 05:17 AM
Information, please?
i am trying to finalize my 2018 Division I schedule.

Southwest Athletic Conference teams have conflicting intraconference counter games. Teams are supposed to have 7 counting conference matchups.

Alabama State plays Grambling 9/22, then Alcorn 10/6. season prospectus text says they begin conference play against Alcorn (even though the schedule log has a SWAC logo on the Grambling date).
The Grambling sked shows Alabama State as a "non-conference" game. If so, therefore Alabama State would have only 6 conference matchups this season. Grambling would have full 7.

Also, Alabama A&M/Southern on 9/22 is apparently a non-conf game. AAMU lists it as SWAC game, Southern does not. This leaves Southern with only 6 counting conference games. AAMU would have 8.

By my reckoning, the only way all teams could have 7 conf games, would be to count all above, and have Grambling/AAMU on 11/10 be a non-counter.

Can anyone reconcile this? xconfusedx

WestCoastAggie
July 17th, 2018, 08:02 AM
Man, you're asking some quadratic forumla stuff with this thread.

But to sum it up, the SWAC has a 7-game conference schedule. As a result, like the Big Sky, you'll have games against conference foes that won't count towards a team's conference record.

ASU33
July 17th, 2018, 05:01 PM
Information, please?
i am trying to finalize my 2018 Division I schedule.

Southwest Athletic Conference teams have conflicting intraconference counter games. Teams are supposed to have 7 counting conference matchups.

Alabama State plays Grambling 9/22, then Alcorn 10/6. season prospectus text says they begin conference play against Alcorn (even though the schedule log has a SWAC logo on the Grambling date).
The Grambling sked shows Alabama State as a "non-conference" game. If so, therefore Alabama State would have only 6 conference matchups this season. Grambling would have full 7.

Also, Alabama A&M/Southern on 9/22 is apparently a non-conf game. AAMU lists it as SWAC game, Southern does not. This leaves Southern with only 6 counting conference games. AAMU would have 8.

By my reckoning, the only way all teams could have 7 conf games, would be to count all above, and have Grambling/AAMU on 11/10 be a non-counter.

Can anyone reconcile this? xconfusedx

The A&M game is a conference game for Southern. The Grambling game for us also is a conference game.

Keeper
July 18th, 2018, 02:57 AM
The A&M game is a conference game for Southern. The Grambling game for us also is a conference game.

so what you are saying is that two games are a counter for one of the teams and non-counter for their opponent?
The Hornet preseason prospectus plainly states that their conference slate begins with Alcorn after ASU plays Grambling. Your source?

WestCoastAggie
July 18th, 2018, 06:33 AM
I think A&M and Southern just have it backwards. It should be a counter for Southern and not A&M.

And Yeah, the A&M/Grambling game shouldn't be a counter.

This situation will be freaking hilarious in November.

PantherRob82
July 18th, 2018, 11:00 AM
so what you are saying is that two games are a counter for one of the teams and non-counter for their opponent?
The Hornet preseason prospectus plainly states that their conference slate begins with Alcorn after ASU plays Grambling. Your source?

That would be odd, but it is the SWAC.

tierre
July 19th, 2018, 12:52 AM
Alcorn game against Texas Southern will not count in the SWAC standings

Keeper
July 19th, 2018, 04:42 AM
Alcorn game against Texas Southern will not count in the SWAC standings

That one we knew about.
So if all the other matchups ARE conference counters, then Grambling and Alabama A&M would have 8 conference games. and all others 7.
Correct?

tierre
July 20th, 2018, 01:51 AM
I don't think that AAMU and Grambling are conference games.