July 3rd, 2018, 11:51 AM
And Samford has TWO on this list. xthumbsupx

http://www.fcs.football/cfb/story.asp?i=20180703114807586717004

WeAreThePride
July 3rd, 2018, 11:59 AM
I’m okay with this list.

Professor Chaos
July 3rd, 2018, 01:19 PM
I see Christian Rozeboom is right behind Bruce Anderson.... Bruce better watch his ankles....

FUBeAR
July 3rd, 2018, 01:30 PM

http://www.fcs.football/cfb/story.asp?i=20180703114807586717004 I know, right.

Hard to believe I’m thinking about projecting the HomewoodHounds open the season 1-4, isn’t it?

CappinHard
July 3rd, 2018, 01:53 PM
I see Christian Rozeboom is right behind Bruce Anderson.... Bruce better watch his ankles....

https://media0.giphy.com/media/6KAxgfdBLzzqM/giphy.gif

PaladinFan
July 3rd, 2018, 01:58 PM
I know, right.

Hard to believe I’m thinking about projecting the HomewoodHounds open the season 1-4, isn’t it?

The Samford hype train can be firmly off the rails by October 6.

They'll beat Shorter like a drum. Florida State will beat them like a drum.

The next four are Mercer, at UTC, at KSU, and WCU. It would not shock me if they won all four. It would not shock me if they lost all four.

LU808
July 3rd, 2018, 02:24 PM
Dom Bragalone? Preseason 1st team AA selection this year and not included.

Go Lehigh TU owl
July 3rd, 2018, 02:29 PM
Dom Bragalone? Preseason 1st team AA selection this year and not included.

He was listed below. 24 or so 1st Team AA's but only 10 get highlighted. Dom's good, everyone knows he's good....

TheKingpin28
July 3rd, 2018, 02:48 PM

https://media0.giphy.com/media/6KAxgfdBLzzqM/giphy.gif

Professor Chaos is right you know... xcoffeex

CappinHard
July 3rd, 2018, 03:31 PM
Professor Chaos is right you know... xcoffeex

I said Touche... it was a solid comment. You guys have got to be about running out of salt though by now. I'm fine with it though. Rozeboom thrives on Bizun tears.

TheKingpin28
July 3rd, 2018, 03:34 PM
I said Touche... it was a solid comment. You guys have got to be about running out of salt though by now. I'm fine with it though. Rozeboom thrives on Bizun tears.

That is why I used the xcoffeex emoji. It was more of me laughing and enjoying the reference.

Daytripper
July 3rd, 2018, 04:04 PM
These rankings are always skewered toward offensive players.

Bison Fan in NW MN
July 3rd, 2018, 04:23 PM
Lance Dunn might be just as good as Bruce Anderson for the Bison. He was on pace to be a 1st team AA last year before his injury.

Schism55
July 3rd, 2018, 05:16 PM

Will that finally translate to one playoff win??

RichH2
July 3rd, 2018, 05:18 PM
He was listed below. 24 or so 1st Team AA's but only 10 get highlighted. Dom's good, everyone knows he's good....

We all can quibble. A pretty good list. Dom is damn good. He doesnt need a preseason list to establish that fact.

Thumper 76
July 3rd, 2018, 05:25 PM

Ever heard about the EWU fumble?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SU DOG
July 3rd, 2018, 05:38 PM

The next four are Mercer, at UTC, at KSU, and WCU. It would not shock me if they won all four. It would not shock me if they lost all four.

Understandable when you consider our losses on the defensive side of the ball. It better happen THIS year, however, considering the number of seniors we have.

ElCid
July 3rd, 2018, 06:55 PM

Understandable when you consider our losses on the defensive side of the ball. It better happen THIS year, however, considering the number of seniors we have.

Samford is the favorite...but the rest of the pack is not far behind at all. We got to keep those tie breaking rules dusted off.

PaladinFan
July 4th, 2018, 08:27 AM
Samford is the favorite...but the rest of the pack is not far behind at all. We got to keep those tie breaking rules dusted off.

Samford is a "soft" favorite in my view. They have some incredibly talented players returning, but as SU DOG notes, they had some significant losses on defense.

Last season, Samford's offense was good, but not THAT good. The difference (in my opinion) was their defense was much better. If that defense loses a little umph, the question will be whether the offense can make up for it.

Samford had a little bit of the Wofford disease where they struggled to put teams away. Most of their games (wins and losses) were close. The difference wasn't that significant.

JSUSoutherner
July 4th, 2018, 08:50 AM
Will that finally translate to one playoff win??

It means they're as good as the BYEZON don'tcha know.

Daytripper
July 4th, 2018, 11:57 AM

In my opinion Davion Davis isn't even the best receiver on the team... that would be Nathan Stewart.

Bisonator
July 4th, 2018, 12:27 PM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
https://media.tenor.com/images/7008f1df5afdb2297855dbe105d010ca/tenor.gif

ngineer
July 4th, 2018, 01:52 PM

Brags is a beast and it will be real interesting to see how teams defense us. With Mayes a potential AA, also, at QB defenses cannot stack the box to stop the run. There should be plenty of opportunities for our OC to have Mayes ready to read what will be available when looking across the line. The returning receiving corps is solid, despite being without the two star WRs of the past three years. Someone could step up to become "the" threat, but having four capable WRs should certainly open things up. I see Brags making it to NFL not only due to his size and surprising quickness, but very good hands...a real plus.

WestCoastAggie
July 4th, 2018, 06:15 PM
Lamar Raynard has an argument to be on this list.

Serpentor
July 4th, 2018, 07:45 PM
These rankings are always skewered toward offensive players.

Because crowd attention is always focused on scoring.

LU808
July 5th, 2018, 02:29 PM
HERO has Lehigh's Dom Bragalone rated the #29 RB .....the kid from NDSU is at #22....the few top RBs from the FCS

Derby City Duke
July 5th, 2018, 02:33 PM
DraftScouts rates Rashad Robinson as the #7 CB in all CFB, and Haley has him 'on the cusp' -- doesn't really matter in the big scheme, but does make you go 'hmm' xsmiley_wix

Sammy94
July 5th, 2018, 03:53 PM
In my opinion Davion Davis isn't even the receiver on the team... that would be Nathan Stewart.

I agree. If it weren't for Davis' special team returns, Stewart would be in his spot. Stewart is a beast.

SU DOG
July 5th, 2018, 04:03 PM
I wonder if some Dukes Fan can tell me the status of RB Cardon Johnson? I watched the video of him against ECU, and WOW, that guy looked super. I understand he was hurt, and didn't get to finish the season. If he is 100%, I don't see many RBs that are that good. I admit this opinion is from a very limited sample, still I was definitely impressed.

Derby City Duke
July 5th, 2018, 07:56 PM
I wonder if some Dukes Fan can tell me the status of RB Cardon Johnson? I watched the video of him against ECU, and WOW, that guy looked super. I understand he was hurt, and didn't get to finish the season. If he is 100%, I don't see many RBs that are that good. I admit this opinion is from a very limited sample, still I was definitely impressed.

Was granted a 6th year for medical; currently part of the Dukes' fall RB rotation. I would've preferred he called it a career rather than play on a fragile achilles tendon -- think being able to walk normally at 60 is more important than football.

Twentysix
July 6th, 2018, 09:04 AM
Professor Chaos is right you know... xcoffeexI read that in Morgan Freeman's voice

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Twentysix
July 6th, 2018, 09:05 AM

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkHow dare you.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk