PDA

View Full Version : For your enjoyment/vitriol

Schism55
June 25th, 2018, 04:17 PM
https://twitter.com/FCS_STATS/status/1011302091753754626

(https://twitter.com/FCS_STATS/status/1011302091753754626)

BisonFan02
June 25th, 2018, 05:47 PM
Ha, nope.

Thumper 76
June 26th, 2018, 03:31 AM
https://twitter.com/FCS_STATS/status/1011302091753754626

(https://twitter.com/FCS_STATS/status/1011302091753754626)

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180626/0c693f1627b71d0898b471eb4dae0d88.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AmsterBison
June 26th, 2018, 08:16 AM
Ha! I listened to most of it because I like to get other viewpoints.

Lots of compliments to NDSU, very knowledgeable about the conference (maybe one or two "off by a year" type mistakes), made fun of picking Robert Morris over NDSU in the playoffs in 2010, and really nothing to rile up NDSU fans... if you want the stuff that is controversial, you should start listening at about 43:00 and they start breaking down the MVFC teams in alphabetical order:

- Illinois State has a solid year
- Indiana State wins 4 or 5
- Missouri State beats a team in the top half of the conference (not NDSU)
- NDSU loses two games but they might both be regular season
- UNI starts fast, might take the conference championship considering NDSU loses two games
- South Dakota will be carried by their defense
- Taryn Christion wins the Payton... I was, "I suppose that could happen." Next thing I heard was something about Dak Prescott. I stopped listening there because it was a good break off point - plus, while I like getting different points of view, it's not as much fun when I can't interject something about Dak Prescott being the #3 in the NFL Top Players of 2018 list... oh, wait, that was somebody else.

I'm not giving away all their hot takes. I thought it was pretty solid.

WestCoastAggie
June 26th, 2018, 08:19 AM
Can some explain what happened between AGS and FBGP? I’m lost.

He was pretty spot on about the MEAC this past year, btw.

katss07
June 26th, 2018, 08:26 AM

I need to know as well. I think he does fine work and his predictions are usually about as good as the rest of ours.

AmsterBison
June 26th, 2018, 08:44 AM

His MVFC preview was very good... he might not turn out to be right, but it was entertaining and well-researched.

Em was really down on Carson Wentz though. I mean really, really down. And then there was some link with @awfulwhiteqbs. Pretty sure he had Carson as the #4 "small school" QB in his draft rankings and #12 overall. And it seemed pretty clear to me that he was down on him, at least in part, because he was tall and white.

So Bison fans have a problem with him more so than AGS. I've largely gotten over it, but it still put my teeth on edge when he brought up Dak.

Edit: Nothing much to do with this thread but the dumbest sport take of the decade was Skip Bayless saying that Dak is better than Carson because Carson is a "deer in a headlights"...

FormerPokeCenter
June 26th, 2018, 10:42 AM
I think he dissed Dak, too....he was high on a couple of kids that he thought were "can't miss"....

Professor Chaos
June 26th, 2018, 10:54 AM
I think he dissed Dak, too....he was high on a couple of kids that he thought were "can't miss"....
Yep. IIRC that year Cardale Jones was his main "QB no one else is talking about that I'll remind everyone about for years if I'm right but forget all about if I'm wrong" guy. Pretty sure Dak was below several guys who've already washed out of the league (or never made it in the first place).

FormerPokeCenter
June 26th, 2018, 10:59 AM
Here's the thread that started it, I think...

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?181733-A-racial-double-standard-amongst-quarterbacks&highlight=Prescott

Bisonator
June 26th, 2018, 11:00 AM
It's pretty clear he is biased if not out right racist. His "analysis" is pretty much hot garbage and I wouldn't waste 2 seconds of my time on it. It's unfortunate because I thought he was better then that when I first started seeing his stuff. It became rather obvious he puts out quantity over quality and when it's complete **** I'd rather have neither. Jmnsho.....

BisonTru
June 26th, 2018, 11:50 AM
Here's the thread that started it, I think...

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?181733-A-racial-double-standard-amongst-quarterbacks&highlight=Prescott

^^^ This is a good thread to read.

To summarize my beliefs, Em like Bisonator said puts out a ton of quantity and not much quality. With that he has gained a name. He posts his videos on damn near every football forum I've seen. He has a following regardless of my opinion. With that he's used his videos to push black quarterbacks over white quarterbacks very similar to his buddy @awfulwhiteqbs which Em not only follows but frequently retweets and likes his stuff. I tried to engage him both on here and on twitter and he just either insults you or ignores you. I'm fine if he wants to hold an opinion but I have zero respect when you refuse to open yourself up to a debate on said opinion.

Whatever though, Wentz was just voted #3 in the NFL by other players. Would have won the MVP and I don't see any of that slowing down. He's going to have to own his takes for a long time, IMO.

ursus arctos horribilis
June 26th, 2018, 02:04 PM
I don't think the problem is between AGS and Emory as was stated. I have always liked Emory very much. If there is a problem between him and AGS I guess I just don't know about it.

FormerPokeCenter
June 26th, 2018, 05:58 PM
I think they're using AGS collectively to indicate the community, rather than AGS the entity.

ursus arctos horribilis
June 26th, 2018, 06:05 PM
I think they're using AGS collectively to indicate the community, rather than AGS the entity.

I'm sure they are. I was making it clear for anyone out there reading it.xthumbsupx

PantherRob82
June 27th, 2018, 12:40 PM
I think you have to keep today's culture in mind. Providing reasonable takes doesn't pay the bills. I doubt Stephen A Smith and Skip Bayless are complete idiots with no idea about sports, but the new idea is that it pays as much if not more for people to hate you and your takes. I think that's what happens with some of his work. It's a random hot take to get people talking.

Thumper 76
June 27th, 2018, 02:08 PM
I think you have to keep today's culture in mind. Providing reasonable takes doesn't pay the bills. I doubt Stephen A Smith and Skip Bayless are complete idiots with no idea about sports, but the new idea is that it pays as much if not more for people to hate you and your takes. I think that's what happens with some of his work. It's a random hot take to get people talking.

I don’t watch or listen to them either xcoffeex

PantherRob82
June 27th, 2018, 03:25 PM
I don’t watch or listen to them either xcoffeex

Same.

katss07
June 27th, 2018, 03:38 PM
I guess I’m part of this problem.

Bisonoline
June 27th, 2018, 04:11 PM

I tried watching them. Smith I could almost tolerate but Bayless is just a ****ing tool. So I dont watch either.

Tuna85
June 27th, 2018, 08:10 PM
I know it is not always the most polished product out there but for an FCS newbie it does have its good points. One can always find plenty of videos and commentary on the Power 5, the Little 5, etc...on the major networks and cable, but it is not that easy to find videos and commentary on most every FCS football team in one place every week. FGP attempts to do this. While accuracy may be debatable it is a good place to go on YouTube to get a flavor of the teams and what happened the preceding week during football season.

FormerPokeCenter
June 27th, 2018, 08:27 PM
Those guys are the embodiment of the Peter Principle.

Bayless was pretty good at being a sports writer and actually covering stuff....

But, analysis and commentary? Not so ****ing much....