PDA

View Full Version : SoCon & SportsSouth enter agreement(link)

catamount man
March 8th, 2007, 06:24 PM
http://www.soconsports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=4000&ATCLID=816436

YES!!!:hurray:

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

walliver
March 8th, 2007, 08:13 PM
6 football games will be nice. I can't get CSS so this should help.

PaladinFan
March 8th, 2007, 09:21 PM
It will be fantastic to get better coverage. As a Furman fan I am very happy. They will televise 6 games and I will bet three of them will be Furman/App, Furman/GSU, and GSU/App.

Mr. C
March 8th, 2007, 11:49 PM
Best deal the SoCon has had in awhile. SportsSouth did a great job on promotion last year, particularly with the App State-Furman game. They also will replay the games a couple of times. The only downside is that these games will not be available outside the south, even on satellite. The satellite systems that this network is available on is in the southeast.

blueballs
March 9th, 2007, 08:49 AM
Best deal the SoCon has had in awhile. SportsSouth did a great job on promotion last year, particularly with the App State-Furman game. They also will replay the games a couple of times. The only downside is that these games will not be available outside the south, even on satellite. The satellite systems that this network is available on is in the southeast.

I can't even get the channel in greater Orlando on DirecTV, even though it is listed at channel 631.

Let's hope these televised regional games can get picked up by ESPN gameplan... but it is probably more like wish in one hand and crap in the other and see which one fills up first.:bang:

thirdgendin
March 9th, 2007, 08:50 AM
This will be a good step-up from CSS, but I wonder if this means no games at all on Fox South. It has a wider reach nationally.

The Moody1
March 9th, 2007, 11:02 AM

Do you know why they can't include this channel with the regional sports packages on satellite? One of the advantages to satellite is access to out of market sports.

Laserlips
March 9th, 2007, 02:43 PM
The only downside is that these games will not be available outside the south, even on satellite. .

Well, my understanding is that the Yankees have finally released all of our prisoners of war, so anybody left North of the Smith & Wesson line must be there a'purpose..

Just kiddin' of course. :giveadamn:

Best Wishes,

J. Pomeroy-

appfan2008
March 9th, 2007, 04:31 PM
Only 6 games per year... that is not a lot...
is that the best we could do?