PDA

View Full Version : Hero Sports' Team By Team Outlook Preview Schedule

SU DOG
June 22nd, 2018, 09:23 AM
Maybe not a ton of info, but still this is interesting and provides some insight on every team in FCS.

https://herosports.com/fcs/football-previews-team-by-team-2018-outlooks-ajaj

ST_Lawson
June 22nd, 2018, 11:15 AM
aw man, I gotta wait like a month for mine...nuts.

(is it too late to change our school name to "Abe Lincoln State")

PaladinFan
June 22nd, 2018, 11:29 AM
aw man, I gotta wait like a month for mine...nuts.

(is it too late to change our school name to "Abe Lincoln State")

I appreciate the work Hero does, but I bet you could probably go ahead and write it nearly verbatim. You know what your team challenges your team is facing better than they do.

TheKingpin28
June 22nd, 2018, 01:53 PM
I appreciate the work Hero does, but I bet you could probably go ahead and write it nearly verbatim. You know what your team challenges your team is facing better than they do.This is why WE have The Wedge. The depth that is provided is bar none as each conference rep produces quality work and knowledge on not just their team but the conference as a whole. I enjoy that other outlets cover the FCS but I'd put the work our members do right up there with the rest of the media.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

ursus arctos horribilis
June 22nd, 2018, 01:59 PM
This is why WE have The Wedge. The depth that is provided is bar none as each conference rep produces quality work and knowledge on not just their team but the conference as a whole. I enjoy that other outlets cover the FCS but I'd put the work our members do right up there with the rest of the media.

That is a damn nice thing to say and I fully agree with you. Those guys all do some really good work and I appreciate being able to read them each week.

TheKingpin28
June 22nd, 2018, 02:20 PM
That is a damn nice thing to say and I fully agree with you. Those guys all do some really good work and I appreciate being to read them each week.I look forward to Kalm, ElCid, ST, JSUSoutherner, Dirty, you, etc... each week as those guys put in the work that can go unnoticed. (I know I must be forgetting people).

The thing about the Wedge that really sparks my interest is that places like STATS, HERO, etc... all focus on the top 25 or go for the breadth, whereas The Wedge goes for the breadth AND the depth. If it weren't for The Wedge, my knowledge on the FCS as a whole would be diminished. These guys, as well as people who do the spreadsheets to better the polls are the true MVPs.

JSUSoutherner
June 22nd, 2018, 02:21 PM
I look forward to Kalm, ElCid, ST, JSUSoutherner, Dirty, you, etc... each week as those guys put in the work that can go unnoticed. (I know I must be forgetting people).

The thing about the Wedge that really sparks my interest is that places like STATS, HERO, etc... all focus on the top 25 or go for the breadth, whereas The Wedge goes for the breadth AND the depth. If it weren't for The Wedge, my knowledge on the FCS as a whole would be diminished. These guys, as well as people who do the spreadsheets to better the polls are the true MVPs.

I'm done with band so I'll actually have time to write this year. Which will be nice.

Catatonic
June 22nd, 2018, 05:16 PM
I appreciate the work Hero does, but I bet you could probably go ahead and write it nearly verbatim. You know what your team challenges your team is facing better than they do.

ACU won’t sniff the top 25 and our Hero Sports write up is up to date and accurate imo. It information that is available from looking at our stats, but he also mentions a WR for us that sat out last year that he had to do some digging to find out about. His analysis for ACU is spot on—we only return five starters on each side of the ball, to show much improvement we will have to come up a a few studs on both sides of the line, our deepest position groupm is DB, and so forth. Again, this took some work. Looking at stats from our roster and player bio’s it appears we return a bunch more players than we do (some starters from last year are gone due to ongoing conflict with our new coach).

Compared to the information from other sources such as Dave Campbell’s Texas football magazine or the online FCS magazine from a prominent football writer who shall remain nameless, the Hero Sports piece was surprisingly good.