PDA

View Full Version : NDSU 2018 Schedule & Analysis

SU DOG
June 20th, 2018, 08:07 PM
https://athlonsports.com/college-football/north-dakota-state-bison-2018-football-schedule-and-analysis

ST_Lawson
June 20th, 2018, 08:23 PM
"The defending FCS champion is staring at an unbeaten regular season"

The kiss of death, I tell you what.

BisonTru
June 20th, 2018, 08:51 PM
https://i.imgflip.com/2clrwr.jpg

BisonFan02
June 20th, 2018, 11:05 PM
Shades of 2013......but yeah....they will probably lose to someone stupid.

dewey
June 20th, 2018, 11:54 PM
Just so long as on January 5th the Bison are hoisting another National Championship trophy.

Dewey

katss07
June 21st, 2018, 04:08 AM
The loss is somewhere in weeks 4, 5 or 6.

PaladinFan
June 21st, 2018, 04:41 AM
7 home games and don’t go on the road until October. How’d they swing that?

Twentysix
June 21st, 2018, 04:57 AM
7 home games and don’t go on the road until October. How’d they swing that?

We are gods. Also because whenever we call an FBS program and try and schedule what would be an away game they respond with
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qwU1LQZA5g&feature=youtu.be then they hang up the phone

Professor Chaos
June 21st, 2018, 07:03 AM
The loss is somewhere in weeks 4, 5 or 6.
I'd say week 6 at UNI is a much more likely loss than either Delaware or SDSU. I'm not buying Delaware as having the offense necessary to play keep away from NDSU and pull the upset and these Bison upperclassmen (and there's A LOT of them) have unfinished business with those dirty Jackrabbits.

I think Illinois St or Youngstown St have a decent chance to pull an upset in the Fargodome later in the year, we've seen the Bison lay mid/late regular season stinkers at home in the past. Macomb (@WIU) is also an oddly tough place to play where the Bison have had a tendency to sleepwalk in the past (although I don't think they've ever lost there).

JSUSoutherner
June 21st, 2018, 08:04 AM
I bet there are at least four undefeated teams going into the final week of the regular season.

Bison56
June 21st, 2018, 08:23 AM
I bet there are at least four undefeated teams going into the final week of the regular season.

Care to share who you think they might be?

JSUSoutherner
June 21st, 2018, 08:27 AM
Care to share who you think they might be?

NDSU
SHSU
JSU
KSU

I haven't checked schedules but it wouldn't surprise me to see either EWU or Montana either. IIRC neither of them have FBS games this year either.

Sammy94
June 21st, 2018, 08:29 AM
NDSU
SHSU
JSU
KSU

I haven't checked schedules but it wouldn't surprise me to see either EWU or Montana either. IIRC neither of them have FBS games this year either.

That should be good for an 8 seed at least.

IBleedYellow
June 21st, 2018, 08:34 AM
That should be good for an 8 seed at least.

This will be the year Sammy goes undefeated but also unseeded.

ST_Lawson
June 21st, 2018, 08:35 AM
Macomb (@WIU) is also an oddly tough place to play where the Bison have had a tendency to sleepwalk in the past (although I don't think they've ever lost there).

This is correct (I think it might be the deafening silence of the "crowd").
Both times WIU has beat NDSU, it was in Fargo, but the last two games played in Macomb NDSU won by essentially 1 score each (by 8 in 2016, by 7 in 2014).

Redbird 4th & short
June 21st, 2018, 08:51 AM

brilliant strategy Lawson .. I think you're back on your game.

No way the Bison lose this year .. no way, no how .. chances are slim and none, and slim really never showed up to "just leave town". 100% absol--frickin-lutely guaranteed .. undefeated !!!!!!

On a more serious and less reverse psychological note ... they are flat out loaded and might rival their 2013 team. Honestly, they would really have to grow complacent, and/or have some key injuries. Right now I see UNI as the most worthy team, though SDSU seems to have figured them out .. obviously lost a lot of fire power from the last 2 seasons, but have to give HC Stig some credit too. The only chance ISUr has is if our defense comes together better (and sooner) than I currently expect. Offensively, I think we will be able to keep up with them and should test their defense more than most of their opponents. But defensively ... eh ... the jury is way way still out for deliberations .. our main hope there is it is game 8 (week 9) and a lot can change in 2 months of regular season. Outside of those 3 teams, Delaware defense will be very good, but very little offense will have their defense on field for well over half the game ... and similar for YSU.

Here are their regular season results since 2011:

- 2011: 1 loss to 6-5 YSU at home
- 2012: 1 loss to 7-4 InSU at home
- 2013: 0 losses, but barely beat 6-5 UNI by 1 at home .. in fact I believe UNI was up 2 scores going into Q4
- 2014: 1 loss to 7-4 UNI on road by 20 !!
- 2015: 1 loss to 5-6 USD at home
- 2016: 1 loss to 8-3 SDSU at home
- 2017: 1 loss to 9-2 SDSU on road by 12

So odds appear to suggest, they will lose a game .. but not betting on it.

UpstateBison
June 21st, 2018, 09:06 AM
NDSU
SHSU
JSU
KSU

So you are predicting a tie game between JSU & KSU? See below, my reading comprehension is a bit low this morning. Need more coffee.

JSUSoutherner
June 21st, 2018, 09:09 AM
So you are predicting a tie game between JSU & KSU?

I believe my exact words were "going into the final week of the regular season"

The KSU-JSU game is the final game.

Bison56
June 21st, 2018, 09:22 AM
NDSU
SHSU
JSU
KSU

I am interested what EWU is going to look like this season. Good picks though. How is the QB position looking for JSU, is the Clemson transfer going to be the guy?

JSUSoutherner
June 21st, 2018, 09:36 AM
I am interested what EWU is going to look like this season. Good picks though. How is the QB position looking for JSU, is the Clemson transfer going to be the guy?

He's likely the guy. Great arm from what I've heard. The redshirt we had up our sleeve is good as well, got a cannon and legs but not quite as accurate as Cooper. Regardless of which one starts our offense should take a big step forward this year compared to last year's atrocity. I had heard someone saying that the coaches at Clemson thought Cooper has a better arm than Watson. Apparently he gets private lessons from Cam Newton.

That's just stuff I've heard. I haven't seen him myself yet, so until August is here I'll reserve my judgement. I'll believe it when I see it but I'm defintely looking forward to seeing what he brings to the table for us this season.

dewey
June 21st, 2018, 10:11 AM
NDSU
SHSU
JSU
KSU

SHSU's toughest test is probably UN_, SF Austin or SE La. Good chance to be undefeated.
JSU has the big opener against NC A&T. Good chance to be undefeated going into KSU game.
Kennesaw State should be undefeated if they are truly a top 5-10 team.
EWU has Washington State, @ Weber State, Southern Utah and Idaho.
Montana has UNI in Missoula and Western Illinois in Macomb.
James Madison's toughest game is at NC State but they could run the table after that.

I would say an undefeated NDSU and KSU out of that list. I think UN_ beats SHSU at home.

Dewey

IBleedYellow
June 21st, 2018, 11:14 AM
SHSU's toughest test is probably UN_, SF Austin or SE La. Good chance to be undefeated.
JSU has the big opener against NC A&T. Good chance to be undefeated going into KSU game.
James Madison's toughest game is at NC State but they could run the table after that.

I would say an undefeated NDSU and KSU out of that list. I think UN_ beats SHSU at home.

Dewey

I'm going to stop you right there, my friend.

Mike296
June 21st, 2018, 11:22 AM
NDSU
SHSU
JSU
KSU

You guys won’t be undefeated if we have anything to say about it.

JSUSoutherner
June 21st, 2018, 11:29 AM
You guys won’t be undefeated if we have anything to say about it.
You won't.

We have you guys at our place on homecoming. Your grave is dug.

Bisonator
June 21st, 2018, 11:52 AM
brilliant strategy Lawson .. I think you're back on your game.

No way the Bison lose this year .. no way, no how .. chances are slim and none, and slim really never showed up to "just leave town". 100% absol--frickin-lutely guaranteed .. undefeated !!!!!!

On a more serious and less reverse psychological note ... they are flat out loaded and might rival their 2013 team. Honestly, they would really have to grow complacent, and/or have some key injuries. Right now I see UNI as the most worthy team, though SDSU seems to have figured them out .. obviously lost a lot of fire power from the last 2 seasons, but have to give HC Stig some credit too. The only chance ISUr has is if our defense comes together better (and sooner) than I currently expect. Offensively, I think we will be able to keep up with them and should test their defense more than most of their opponents. But defensively ... eh ... the jury is way way still out for deliberations .. our main hope there is it is game 8 (week 9) and a lot can change in 2 months of regular season. Outside of those 3 teams, Delaware defense will be very good, but very little offense will have their defense on field for well over half the game ... and similar for YSU.

Here are their regular season results since 2011:

- 2011: 1 loss to 6-5 YSU at home
- 2012: 1 loss to 7-4 InSU at home
- 2013: 0 losses, but barely beat 6-5 UNI by 1 at home .. in fact I believe UNI was up 2 scores going into Q4
- 2014: 1 loss to 7-4 UNI on road by 20 !!
- 2015: 1 loss to 5-6 USD at home
- 2016: 1 loss to 8-3 SDSU at home
- 2017: 1 loss to 9-2 SDSU on road by 12

So odds appear to suggest, they will lose a game .. but not betting on it.
Minor correction we had 2 losses in 2015. Lossed the opener to Montana that year. Bobs Titt's only claim to fame in his FCS coaching career.

OrygunBison
June 21st, 2018, 12:19 PM
Minor correction we had 2 losses in 2015. Lossed the opener to Montana that year. Bobs Titt's only claim to fame in his FCS coaching career.

I was going to make this same correction. I'm still not over the game. Didn't like it. Made a bet with AG for a beer and spot him 21 points. Turns out he was too hungover to accept when I tried to pay up.

AmsterBison
June 21st, 2018, 05:35 PM
This is correct (I think it might be the deafening silence of the "crowd").
Both times WIU has beat NDSU, it was in Fargo, but the last two games played in Macomb NDSU won by essentially 1 score each (by 8 in 2016, by 7 in 2014).

IIRC, the home team didn't win in the NDSU v WIU game until 2015 (the 7th game in the series.)

Redbird 4th & short
June 21st, 2018, 06:09 PM

shoot .. good catch.

xeyebrowx Oh my .. this is really awkward .. but I regret to have to inform you and rest of Bisonville .. one more loss officially revokes your consideration for "elite" program status ... tough break, you probably shouldn't have said anything !!

The good news is you can re-apply after 2018 season .. but only if you pick it up a notch or 2 this year .. you know, maybe hit that weight room harder like your friends at UND !!

:D

JacksFan40
June 21st, 2018, 06:47 PM
They’ll go 1-10 but still beat us because screw it.
No but as most said they’ll probably lose 1 game, hopefully to SDSU.

semobison
June 21st, 2018, 07:54 PM
Ten years in the MVFC. 6 national championships and only one undefeated conference season. It ain't easy!

BisonFan02
June 21st, 2018, 09:25 PM
Ten years in the MVFC. 6 national championships and only one undefeated conference season. It ain't easy!

Nope....it isn't. I got into the same argument with JMU fans last season about the #1 ranking/seed if both teams ran the table and even admitted that NDSU would lose a game eventually (and ultimately the #1 seed).....and I was right. xlolx

Redbird 4th & short
June 22nd, 2018, 10:34 AM

And in that perfect 2013 season .. you had to come from 2 scores down in Q4 to win against 6-5 UNI in Fargo with less than 3 mins in game:

Qtr. - Time
Qtr
Time
Scoring Play
UNI
NDSU

1st - 13:24
1st
13:24
UNI - Sievertsen, T. 37 yd field goal 4 plays, 2 yards, TOP 1:28

1st - 05:20
1st
05:20
UNI - Sievertsen, T. 50 yd field goal 7 plays, 44 yards, TOP 1:29

2nd - 14:30
2nd
14:30
UNI - Johnson, David 85 yd run (Sievertsen, T. kick ), 1 plays, 85 yards, TOP 0:13

2nd - 05:22
2nd
05:22
NDSU - Carey Woods 23 yd pass from Brock Jensen (Adam Keller kick ) 6 plays, 54 yards, TOP 2:28

3rd - 07:32
3rd
07:32
NDSU - Adam Keller 28 yd field goal 12 plays, 44 yards, TOP 5:49

3rd - 04:45
3rd
04:45
UNI - Vereen, Kevin 3 yd pass from Kollmorgen, S. (Sievertsen, T. kick ) 8 plays, 71 yards, TOP 2:48

3rd - 03:29
3rd
03:29
UNI - Sievertsen, T. 36 yd field goal 4 plays, 6 yards, TOP 1:10

4th - 10:14
4th
10:14
NDSU - Zach Vraa 11 yd pass from Brock Jensen (Adam Keller kick ) 10 plays, 68 yards, TOP 4:10

4th - 02:52
4th
02:52
NDSU - Sam Ojuri 19 yd run (Adam Keller kick ), 8 plays, 76 yards, TOP 4:05

That was the season UNI started 4-0 non-conf including wins over FBS Iwoa St by 8 and destroyed highly ranked McNeese St (10-3) by 38 .. then nearly beat what turned out to be the best NDSU team of all time. Then lost their first 5 MVFC games by average of 5 points, including the 1 point loss to NDSU on road, plus 3 other games went into total of 5 OTs. Which reminds me .. that was the year MVFC got 2 teams in playoff .... uh huh ... 2 teams in a field of 24 .. seriously. Southland and OVC each got 3 .. hell even MEAC, Southern, and Patriot all got 2 teams ... just like MVFC's 2 teams. 1 year later .. amazing how much MVFC improved in just 1 season ... right. But I digress.

jacksfan29
June 22nd, 2018, 12:28 PM

Would NDSU still have 6 titles playing in the Big Sky? Maybe, but I'm of the mind that playing a difficult schedule prepares a team better then two or three tough games per year. Either way, hard to not look at what NDSU has done and be very jealous.

TheKingpin28
June 22nd, 2018, 01:47 PM
Would NDSU still have 6 titles playing in the Big Sky? Maybe, but I'm of the mind that playing a difficult schedule prepares a team better then two or three tough games per year. Either way, hard to not look at what NDSU has done and be very jealous.Why do you think there are 5 Valley teams in the top 25 consistently during the 2010s? They win their OOC games and beat the hell out of each other year in and year out. When the bottom of the conference would finish .500 and potentially better in almost any other conference not named the CAA and potentially the SoCon and depending on the schedule, the Big Sky and Southland, as well as possibly/probably win the NEC, Patriot, MEAC, SWAC, Pioneer, Big South, that is some tough football.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

Bison Fan in NW MN
June 23rd, 2018, 04:54 PM
UNI will be the toughest road game.

If Stick stays healthy, 11-0 is likely.

Bison Fan in NW MN
June 24th, 2018, 10:00 AM
Another point about NDSU for this season: I think the running game is going to explode. Not because they return all their RBs but because this OL has the potential to be the best ever. Big, strong, athletic and they can move. I'd move the younger Volson to RG if Radunz is healthy.

Keep Stick healthy by running over teams.

Laker
June 24th, 2018, 10:17 AM
Another point about NDSU for this season: I think the running game is going to explode. Not because they return all their RBs but because this OL has the potential to be the best ever. Big, strong, athletic and they can move. I'd move the younger Volson to RG if Radunz is healthy.

Keep Stick healthy by running over teams.

Taking any Bison road trips this year?

Bison Fan in NW MN
June 24th, 2018, 10:19 AM
Taking any Bison road trips this year?

Goal is to make every game this year.

I'll have to try and make a Maverick game also!!

Laker
June 24th, 2018, 10:28 AM
Goal is to make every game this year.

I'll have to try and make a Maverick game also!!

xthumbsupxxthumbsupx

caribbeanhen
June 24th, 2018, 11:00 AM
I'd say week 6 at UNI is a much more likely loss than either Delaware or SDSU. I'm not buying Delaware as having the offense necessary to play keep away from NDSU and pull the upset and these Bison upperclassmen (and there's A LOT of them) have unfinished business with those dirty Jackrabbits.

this is the same basic line many Hen fans have on the game, just a recap on the Offense.... Hens bring in Boston College transfer Darius Wade for a one year fix, but nobody is raving about him just yet, he will be an upgrade but so would a pitching machine... he will probably have to run for his life while trying to make plays

My hope is that Delaware comes out to Fargo and matches up physically with the Bison, Delaware played JMU pretty tight last year so the Bison will know they are in a football game.... Bison players should be ready to get beat up hard on offense because the Delaware D should be pretty good again, questions are on the DL.... LB and secondary should be real good..... the fear is the offense will be so overmatched that things get out of hand late.....

congrats to both schools for scheduling the game....

TheKingpin28
June 24th, 2018, 12:26 PM
this is the same basic line many Hen fans have on the game, just a recap on the Offense.... Hens bring in Boston College transfer Darius Wade for a one year fix, but nobody is raving about him just yet, he will be an upgrade but so would a pitching machine... he will probably have to run for his life while trying to make plays

My hope is that Delaware comes out to Fargo and matches up physically with the Bison, Delaware played JMU pretty tight last year so the Bison will know they are in a football game.... Bison players should be ready to get beat up hard on offense because the Delaware D should be pretty good again, questions are on the DL.... LB and secondary should be real good..... the fear is the offense will be so overmatched that things get out of hand late.....

The match-up I look forward to is Reeder/Adderley and that solid Delaware D VS The Four Horseman of the Apocalypse in the Bison backfield/The Rams

We all know Jabril Cox and that Code Green defense is going to rip apart that offense and going to play physical, but letting Anderson, Brooks, Dunn, and/or Stick (yes I know I am leaving 3 RBs on the sidelines) get loose in open space is going have the Hens with hands on their hips by the start of the 2nd half. If Delaware keeps it within 2 scores, I will be impressed with how improved Delaware is under Rocco, but I will be more disappointed in how NDSU will be looking. However, as long as Klieman is still the HC, the score will never be ran up so we will never truly know how good the offense can be.

Lion1983
June 24th, 2018, 01:29 PM
I'm hoping to be able to make the UNA@NDSU game. I know we are going to get blown off the field, but i still want to go see the Fargo Dome. What's the temps in Fargo that time of year?

WestCoastAggie
June 24th, 2018, 01:53 PM

Dewey

If A&T beats JSU and ECU, we're going into Durham, NC the last week of the season undefeated.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm hoping to be able to make the UNA@NDSU game. I know we are going to get blown off the field, but i still want to go see the Fargo Dome. What's the temps in Fargo that time of year?

I think this one will be closer than most people believe. It screams trap game to me.

Bison Fan in NW MN
June 24th, 2018, 02:45 PM
If A&T beats JSU and ECU, we're going into Durham, NC the last week of the season undefeated.

- - - Updated - - -
I think this one will be closer than most people believe. It screams trap game to me.

What is close?

This game will be a rout.

TheKingpin28
June 24th, 2018, 02:59 PM
I'm hoping to be able to make the UNA@NDSU game. I know we are going to get blown off the field, but i still want to go see the Fargo Dome. What's the temps in Fargo that time of year?Anywhere from the 70s to the 90s. North Dakota has the strangest weather of any state but expect a light breeze at all times. It is truly the Windy City in America and it's not even close.

According to the almanac it is stated with a record high if 102, mean of 89.2, average high if 70.8, average low of 47.4, mean low of 30.7, and a record low of 17.

AmsterBison
June 24th, 2018, 06:57 PM

Well, the "kiss of at least one loss", at least.

cx500d
June 24th, 2018, 07:03 PM

Prolly look like this...I recommend this motel.

http://junkee.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/FARGO-Freeman-resized.jpg

WeAreThePride
June 24th, 2018, 10:02 PM

- - - Updated - - -

Lol. No.

Bison will be up by 4 TDs when CK graciously takes his foot off the gas. Then Trey Lance lights up the field with 3 more TDs. And so a QB controversy starts in Fargo?

Winterborn
June 24th, 2018, 10:18 PM
Anywhere from the 70s to the 90s. North Dakota has the strangest weather of any state but expect a strong breeze at all times. It is truly the Windy City in America and it's not even close.

According to the almanac it is stated with a record high if 102, mean of 89.2, average high if 70.8, average low of 47.4, mean low of 30.7, and a record low of 17.

FYP :D

WestCoastAggie
June 25th, 2018, 12:22 AM
What is close?

This game will be a rout.

UNA was a quality Gulf South team in Division 2. Even as they ramp up to 63 scholarships, they should have enough talent on their roster to put up 14-21 points against the Bison. I don't seem them like a MVSU or PVU when you played them.

I can see a 42-21, or 35-13 final score. That's absolutely nothing against the Bision at all, as your superior depth will wear them down in the second half.

BisonFan02
June 25th, 2018, 12:53 AM
UNA was a quality Gulf South team in Division 2. Even as they ramp up to 63 scholarships, they should have enough talent on their roster to put up 14-21 points against the Bison. I don't seem them like a MVSU or PVU when you played them.

I can see a 42-21, or 35-13 final score. That's absolutely nothing against the Bision at all, as your superior depth will wear them down in the second half.

I'm not saying UNA is a bad team (tougher than alot of OOC games NDSU has played), but go back and look how many 21 point scores have been posted...and by whom.

Redbird 4th & short
June 25th, 2018, 08:54 AM

UNA went 5-5 and averaged 21 points per game playing a D-II schedule. NDSU gave up an average of 11.6 points per game for the season, and just 10 points per game in playoffs. They average margin was 38 to 11. Only 2 of their 15 opponents score more than 14 points. NDSU is expected to be stronger this year than last.

And then there is this .. their QB connected on just 45% of passes with 4 TDs and 8 picks. As a team, their run game averaged 3.5 yards per carry. Now it does look like they have a very good D-II level defense .. operative word being D-II level. Prior years looked much stronger, but coming off last year with same QB coming back .. eh.

Rest assured ... the Bison will not need any of their depth to wear them down .. they only need that for MVFC and then playoff grind.

Bison Fan in NW MN
June 25th, 2018, 10:03 AM

LOL

No way a mediocre D2 transitional team will score 3 TDs on this Bison defense.

NDSU's 2nd string would beat UNA.

JacksFan40
June 25th, 2018, 10:13 AM
LOL

No way a mediocre D2 transitional team will score 3 TDs on this Bison defense.

NDSU's 2nd string would beat UNA.
NDSU might have the 3rd string in after getting up by 30 in the 1st quarter. If UNS scores 21 than NDSU will score 60+

TheKingpin28
June 25th, 2018, 10:40 AM
NDSU might have the 3rd string in after getting up by 30 in the 1st quarter. If UNS scores 21 than NDSU will score 60+If they score 21, then NDSU has some bigger issues to address.

Bison Fan in NW MN
June 25th, 2018, 10:44 AM
If they score 21, then NDSU has some bigger issues to address.

They will not get 100 yards of offense against the Bison 1st string defense. But Coach K will take the foot off the pedal to not embarrass them.

Bison Fan in NW MN
June 25th, 2018, 10:46 AM
Lol. No.

Bison will be up by 4 TDs when CK graciously takes his foot off the gas. Then Trey Lance lights up the field with 3 more TDs. And so a QB controversy starts in Fargo?

Trey will redshirt this year but will be the starter in '19.

caribbeanhen
June 25th, 2018, 10:52 AM
The match-up I look forward to is Reeder/Adderley and that solid Delaware D VS The Four Horseman of the Apocalypse in the Bison backfield/The Rams

We all know Jabril Cox and that Code Green defense is going to rip apart that offense and going to play physical, but letting Anderson, Brooks, Dunn, and/or Stick (yes I know I am leaving 3 RBs on the sidelines) get loose in open space is going have the Hens with hands on their hips by the start of the 2nd half. If Delaware keeps it within 2 scores, I will be impressed with how improved Delaware is under Rocco, but I will be more disappointed in how NDSU will be looking. However, as long as Klieman is still the HC, the score will never be ran up so we will never truly know how good the offense can be.

just remember younger Colby Reeder might be better than older Troy Reeder, so when speaking of Reeder think plural!

Winterborn
June 25th, 2018, 12:55 PM
They will not get 100 yards of offense against the Bison 1st string defense. But Coach K will take the foot off the pedal to not embarrass them.

So one should expect a game similar to when UND came to the Dome in 2015.

TheKingpin28
June 25th, 2018, 01:13 PM

Klieman is too much of a gentleman to actually let his team open the floodgates. One of these games (I hope it against GFCC next year) I just want to see Klieman tell every player, once you hit 40, get to 50, once you hit 50, get to 60, etc...

TheKingpin28
June 25th, 2018, 01:18 PM

I'd give him a chance in either CP, UNA, MSU, and/or potentially SIU to show us what he has got in mop up duty. Obviously give either Hotchkiss or Sanders, depending on who comes out of fall camp as the #2, the first chance to show us what he has got, but if he looks shaky, with the new rule, let's see the potential come to fruition that we have been told about from Lance.

Bison Fan in NW MN
June 25th, 2018, 01:22 PM
So one should expect a game similar to when UND came to the Dome in 2015.

Exactly!

BisonTru
June 25th, 2018, 01:36 PM

Idk, I’d like to see what Hotchkiss can do first. He came all the way from FL because we run a pro style system. I admire that and would like to see how he plays out before folks start anointing Lance the heir apparent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

katss07
June 25th, 2018, 01:47 PM
This will be the year Sammy goes undefeated but also unseeded.
If its ever going to happen it’ll be this year. I think an undefeated Sam team would at least get a 7 seed. Good enough for another blowout against JMU in the quarterfinals.

Professor Chaos
June 25th, 2018, 01:48 PM
I'd give him a chance in either CP, UNA, MSU, and/or potentially SIU to show us what he has got in mop up duty. Obviously give either Hotchkiss or Sanders, depending on who comes out of fall camp as the #2, the first chance to show us what he has got, but if he looks shaky, with the new rule, let's see the potential come to fruition that we have been told about from Lance.
With the inexperience behind Stick I'd think Klieman and company would want to give Sanders or Hotchkiss all the game snaps they can. I kinda doubt Trey will see the field this year because of that. If the plan is definitely to redshirt him then they need to focus moreso on the guys they may actually need later in the year if Stick gets dinged up.

Idk, I’d like to see what Hotchkiss can do first. He came all the way from FL because we run a pro style system. I admire that and would like to see how he plays out before folks start anointing Lance the heir apparent.

From what I've heard (admittedly 3rd hand) Hotchkiss might not even beat out Sanders for the backup job this year.

Howlingyote
June 25th, 2018, 01:55 PM

I think Illinois St or Youngstown St have a decent chance to pull an upset in the Fargodome later in the year, we've seen the Bison lay mid/late regular season stinkers at home in the past. Macomb (@WIU) is also an oddly tough place to play where the Bison have had a tendency to sleepwalk in the past (although I don't think they've ever lost there).

What about NDSU playing at USD?

BisonTru
June 25th, 2018, 01:58 PM
With the inexperience behind Stick I'd think Klieman and company would want to give Sanders or Hotchkiss all the game snaps they can. I kinda doubt Trey will see the field this year because of that. If the plan is definitely to redshirt him then they need to focus moreso on the guys they may actually need later in the year if Stick gets dinged up.

From what I've heard (admittedly 3rd hand) Hotchkiss might not even beat out Sanders for the backup job this year.

Well that’s not great to hear and you might have good info as I don’t know. I still would caution getting too far ahead of ourselves with Lance though as well. I’ve gotten pretty damn excited about recruits before and they didn’t pan out at all.

TheKingpin28
June 25th, 2018, 01:59 PM

That's why I want to have both of those guys with the 1st shot, but if Trey is the heir apparent, then give him a chance to get meaningful game reps in blowout time, only if neither of those guys show up. IIRC, Sanders has the arm but Hotchkiss has the legs and ability to be more of a "dual-threat" even if he came from a pro-style offense.

Bison Fan in NW MN
June 25th, 2018, 02:36 PM

Lance is better than both of them. He'll redshirt and beat them both out in '19.

Professor Chaos
June 25th, 2018, 02:38 PM
Well that’s not great to hear and you might have good info as I don’t know. I still would caution getting too far ahead of ourselves with Lance though as well. I’ve gotten pretty damn excited about recruits before and they didn’t pan out at all.

Who knows... maybe it's a good sign that Sanders (who was a PWO IIRC) is better than most of us gave him credit for. Until one of them is the "guy" it's impossible to say whether they panned out or not.

Bison Fan in NW MN
June 25th, 2018, 02:40 PM
What about NDSU playing at USD?

USD's Superbowl?

Even with Streveler' NDSU pounded the yotes. Barring a bunch of injuries, the Bison should have no problem with USD.

BisonFan02
June 25th, 2018, 05:49 PM

I have a feeling he better be.....

Tuna85
June 27th, 2018, 08:56 PM
UNA went 5-5 and averaged 21 points per game playing a D-II schedule. NDSU gave up an average of 11.6 points per game for the season, and just 10 points per game in playoffs. They average margin was 38 to 11. Only 2 of their 15 opponents score more than 14 points. NDSU is expected to be stronger this year than last.

And then there is this .. their QB connected on just 45% of passes with 4 TDs and 8 picks. As a team, their run game averaged 3.5 yards per carry. Now it does look like they have a very good D-II level defense .. operative word being D-II level. Prior years looked much stronger, but coming off last year with same QB coming back .. eh.

Rest assured ... the Bison will not need any of their depth to wear them down .. they only need that for MVFC and then playoff grind.

Seeing an Athlon article stating UNA will get blown out by 50 points...well that's enough to wake me up from summer hibernation.

A deeper dive is needed on why the
QB connected on just 45% of passes with 4 TDs and 8 picks...well the comment should say QBs. UNA essentially had 5 QBs last year finishing the season with a Wide Receiver chunking the ball. This was not a case of not having a good QB. This was a case of season ending injuries decimating the starter and the backups during the season. The dwindling depth chart at QB would help explain the focus of the opposing defenses upon the run game and hence the average 3.5 yards per carry and additionally the average 21 pts per game.

As for the defense...well they had to be on the field a lot. Given that, do a deeper dive, look at how close the games were and the level of the competition faced that last season in D2. Ten games and I believe 8 of the 10 teams faced were in the D2 playoffs with the final two both having faced UNA. Texas A&M Commerce won the National Championship...we lost to them 8-7 in the opening game of last year. Too bad we did not have a field goal kicker as we missed 5 in this game. We also lost our starting QB for the season in this game.

As far as having the same QB back...well not the one we started the season with last year. His injury was a career ender.

All this to say...well you can say meh, you can say mediocre, but 50 points...nope.

Lion1983
June 27th, 2018, 09:24 PM
Seeing an Athlon article stating UNA will get blown out by 50 points...well that's enough to wake me up from summer hibernation.

QB connected on just 45% of passes with 4 TDs and 8 picks...well the comment should say QBs. UNA essentially had 5 QBs last year finishing the season with a Wide Receiver chunking the ball. This was not a case of not having a good QB. This was a case of season ending injuries decimating the starter and the backups during the season. The dwindling depth chart at QB would help explain the focus of the opposing defenses upon the run game and hence the average 3.5 yards per carry and additionally the average 21 pts per game.

As for the defense...well they had to be on the field a lot. Given that, do a deeper dive, look at how close the games were and the level of the competition faced that last season in D2. Ten games and I believe 8 of the 10 teams faced were in the D2 playoffs with the final two both having faced UNA. Texas A&M Commerce won the National Championship...we lost to them 8-7 in the opening game of last year. Too bad we did not have a field goal kicker as we missed 5 in this game. We also lost our starting QB for the season in this game.

As far as having the same QB back...well not the one we started the season with last year. His injury was a career ender.

All this to say...well you can say meh, you can say mediocre, but 50 points...nope.

I was going to post that the other day, but I figured I would save my breath. The only error is, we lost Hawkins to Valdosta State.

I don't think we get beat by 50, but at least 21. And I do think NDSU will be surprised how good UNA will be on defense. But I don't think our offense can keep our defense off the field enough for a closer game.

As for Southern Utah, I think we can upset them.

Tuna85
June 27th, 2018, 09:53 PM
I was going to post that the other day, but I figured I would save my breath. The only error is, we lost Hawkins to Valdosta State.

I don't think we get beat by 50, but at least 21. And I do think NDSU will be surprised how good UNA will be on defense. But I don't think our offense can keep our defense off the field enough for a closer game.

Thanks for correcting my error. I reckon Hawkins was knocked out toward the end of that first game with T&AM Commerce and then Valdosta finished him up. Kinda lose track after a year and with my blood being stirred up somewhat could not hold my breath. I agree it would be a tall order to beat NDSU and we will have some learning to do in FCS. But, last year was an aberration and we are fast learners. Meanwhile, I'll take this year one game at a time and enjoy this inaugural season in FCS. Is it September yet?

Bison Fan in NW MN
June 27th, 2018, 09:58 PM

NDSU could name the score in this game. The only reason it will not be a 50 point blowout is because our coach does not to that to teams. Our 1st string will not play long in this game. NDSU rotates many players and many guys will get time in this game.

andthehomeofthe-BIZON-
June 27th, 2018, 09:58 PM
Thanks for correcting my error. I reckon Hawkins was knocked out toward the end of that first game with T&AM Commerce and then Valdosta finished him up. Kinda lose track after a year and with my blood being stirred up somewhat could not hold my breath. I agree it would be a tall order to beat NDSU and we will have some learning to do in FCS. But, last year was an aberration and we are fast learners. Meanwhile, I'll take this year one game at a time and enjoy this inaugural season in FCS. Is it September yet?

NDSU by 35, won't be a good team but rather one of our best teams ever. Tooooooo much for the new kid on the block.

Tuna85
June 27th, 2018, 10:25 PM
NDSU by 35, won't be a good team but rather one of our best teams ever. Tooooooo much for the new kid on the block.

After the fiddling around we have done for the last 30 years, I'm just glad to be on the block. I know NDSU has been historically good (y'all were good in D2 a little over 30 years ago.. I remember it well) and is expected to be very good this year.

Tuna85
June 27th, 2018, 10:49 PM
NDSU could name the score in this game. The only reason it will not be a 50 point blowout is because our coach does not to that to teams. Our 1st string will not play long in this game. NDSU rotates many players and many guys will get time in this game.

Well shucks, I know we are FCS newbies but you reckon we could at least go 8-3 in our first year?

Winterborn
June 27th, 2018, 10:53 PM
]I was going to post that the other day, but I figured I would save my breath.[/B] The only error is, we lost Hawkins to Valdosta State.

Post away, this board runs on opinions, hot air, and die hard fans. :D

Lorne_Malvo
June 27th, 2018, 11:46 PM
My opinion is..... Its almost July. WTF happened to the last few months?
Time is flying by.

Redbird 4th & short
June 28th, 2018, 08:39 AM

You make a very fair argument .. except it only explains why your team's record against D-II schedule dipped to 5-5 last year. It does not help justify the difference in play level against a ranked D-I FCS team .. much less an NDSU or JMU team. My guess is if NDSU stays healthy, they will be a top 40 level FBS team again next year .. maybe even top 30 like they were in 2013 when they beat a top 25 FBS on the road. They were loaded last year and have lost very little to graduation.

Anyway .. welcome to D-I FCS. You guys have certainly proved yourselves at D-II level, putting aside last years slippage. I don't doubt you will probably build yourselves into a pretty good FCS program. Wish you well finding a conference.

How many returning starters on offense and defense ? Is the injured QB back ?

KPSUL
June 28th, 2018, 09:45 AM
Well shucks, I know we are FCS newbies but you reckon we could at least go 8-3 in our first year?

Looking at your schedule, 8-3 looks like a reasonable prediction.

Tuna85
June 28th, 2018, 10:03 AM
You make a very fair argument .. except it only explains why your team's record against D-II schedule dipped to 5-5 last year. It does not help justify the difference in play level against a ranked D-I FCS team .. much less an NDSU or JMU team. My guess is if NDSU stays healthy, they will be a top 40 level FBS team again next year .. maybe even top 30 like they were in 2013 when they beat a top 25 FBS on the road. They were loaded last year and have lost very little to graduation.

Anyway .. welcome to D-I FCS. You guys have certainly proved yourselves at D-II level, putting aside last years slippage. I don't doubt you will probably build yourselves into a pretty good FCS program. Wish you well finding a conference.

How many returning starters on offense and defense ? Is the injured QB back ?
Our conference home will be The Big South.
7 on D, 7 on O, and 2 special teams. The injury, to the QB that started the season,ended his career.
Granted, last year did not have any FCS competition but over the years we have not been too shabby against Div 1AA/FCS. A long long time ago ('97)we beat a D1 team that now goes by the name of Louisiana University. This was the last time a D2 beat a D1/FBS. But, that was then and this is now and we know we must earn our stripes.
Thanks for the welcome. We feel like FCS is where we belong.

Tuna85
June 28th, 2018, 10:08 AM
Looking at your schedule, 8-3 looks like a reasonable prediction.

I think so too. We go 8-3 ...well we can say we accomplished the same record as NDSU in their first season.

Redbird 4th & short
June 28th, 2018, 12:03 PM
Our conference home will be The Big South.
7 on D, 7 on O, and 2 special teams. The injury, to the QB that started the season,ended his career.
Granted, last year did not have any FCS competition but over the years we have not been too shabby against Div 1AA/FCS. A long long time ago ('97)we beat a D1 team that now goes by the name of Louisiana University. This was the last time a D2 beat a D1/FBS. But, that was then and this is now and we know we must earn our stripes.
Thanks for the welcome. We feel like FCS is where we belong.

Big South could use some more teams, and strong programs. Massey Composite (avg of all 38 polls/systems) ranked Big South 6th last season. This will give you guys a chance to find your footing and build your program to next level .. some decent teams, but usually get just 1 autobid for playoffs each year.

But your independent in 2018 .. right ??

Tuna85
June 28th, 2018, 12:23 PM
Big South could use some more teams, and strong programs. Massey Composite (avg of all 38 polls/systems) ranked Big South 6th last season. This will give you guys a chance to find your footing and build your program to next level .. some decent teams, but usually get just 1 autobid for playoffs each year.

Correct. Independent in 2018. Big South gets Campbell this year and UNA and Hampton in 2019. Somewhere along the way Presby will go Pioneer League. Hoping Big South only gets stronger going forward.

- - - Updated - - -

Correct. Independent in 2018. Big South gets Campbell this year and UNA and Hampton in 2019. Somewhere along the way Presby will go Pioneer League. Hoping Big South only gets stronger going forward.

Redbird 4th & short
June 28th, 2018, 01:22 PM
My opinion is..... Its almost July. WTF happened to the last few months?
Time is flying by.

I'm in Chicagoland area .. I'll tell you what happened in these parts. Weather-wise, we've had 3 or 4 Marches, and half a July so far. Not sure what the hell happened to April, May, or June.

ST_Lawson
June 29th, 2018, 08:25 AM
I'm in Chicagoland area .. I'll tell you what happened in these parts. Weather-wise, we've had 3 or 4 Marches, and half a July so far. Not sure what the hell happened to April, May, or June.

We had a beautiful spring this year...I believe it was a Thursday.

Tuna85
June 29th, 2018, 08:47 AM

What is this spring thing you speak of? Down here we have Winter, Rainy, Summer, & Football.

Redbird 4th & short
June 29th, 2018, 09:00 AM
What is this spring thing you speak of? Down here we have Winter, Rainy, Summer, & Football.

let's see .. spring in the Midwest. I could tell you what it is like "on average" .. except for the fact, tis year more than most, we never experience the "average". It's usually a tug of war between winter, early spring, and middle of summer like weather. The good news though is with all this rain, my lawn has never looked better. But the bad news is .. 90% of the time, I can only enjoy my good looking lawn from the family room.

Not exaggerating much when I say it feels like we've had 3 Marches .. lot of cool and rainy, laced very sparingly with record or rare near record heat. Back to record heat this weekend.

Redbird 4th & short
June 29th, 2018, 09:03 AM

I remember it well .. we got that beautiful spring day a half day right after you .. over night actually .. gone by Friday.

IBleedYellow
June 29th, 2018, 09:04 AM
I think so too. We go 8-3 ...well we can say we accomplished the same record as NDSU in their first season.

I expect it to be somewhere around the same results as this.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/matchup?gameId=332502449

ST_Lawson
June 29th, 2018, 09:10 AM

I would have accepted rainy...that's regular spring to us. I was shoveling snow on April 8th this year. A few weeks later, we were pushing 100 degrees.

Tuna85
June 29th, 2018, 11:06 AM
I expect it to be somewhere around the same results as this.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/matchup?gameId=332502449

Well, it's not 50 but still too wide of a margin for my taste. I want my team to make this entertaining for all concerned.

Tuna85
June 29th, 2018, 11:09 AM
I would have accepted rainy...that's regular spring to us. I was shoveling snow on April 8th this year. A few weeks later, we were pushing 100 degrees.

Summertime, around these parts, is usually hot and humid ...except on those days when it's humid and hot.

JSUSoutherner
June 29th, 2018, 03:53 PM
Well, it's not 50 but still too wide of a margin for my taste. I want my team to make this entertaining for all concerned.Just remember that the year this happened was one of UNAs teams ever and JSU went on to get beat like a rag doll in the playoffs.

If I were you I wouldn't hope for entertainment, I'd hope to not get completely humiliated because you saw what NDSU did to our best team ever. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180629/5c396bfe326311e283abfb361db44b5f.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy S9+ using Tapatalk

Tuna85
June 29th, 2018, 04:55 PM
Just remember that the year this happened was one of UNAs teams ever and JSU went on to get beat like a rag doll in the playoffs.

If I were you I wouldn't hope for entertainment, I'd hope to not get completely humiliated because you saw what NDSU did to our best team ever. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180629/5c396bfe326311e283abfb361db44b5f.jpg

Well, I am ever the optimist and hope springs eternal. Even a blind squirrel can find a acorn under the tree and so forth. In my part of Alabama, the rain, heat, and humidity have been highly conducive to an abundance of clover in my yard. Surely, if I look hard enough I can scrounge up one with four leaves.
On another note, I well remember that Thursday night as I was there. Y'all have a nice stadium and great fans. Yep that was a tough game. In fact, I think it really got us on the road to a good season that year. It was a baptism of fire for our QB but he learned from it and it made him and our team better. Hate to lose, but if you learn from it and get better as a result...well that's a plus.

JSUSoutherner
June 29th, 2018, 05:57 PM
Well, I am ever the optimist and hope springs eternal. Even a blind squirrel can find a acorn under the tree and so forth. In my part of Alabama, the rain, heat, and humidity have been highly conducive to an abundance of clover in my yard. Surely, if I look hard enough I can scrounge up one with four leaves.
On another note, I well remember that Thursday night as I was there. Y'all have a nice stadium and great fans. Yep that was a tough game. In fact, I think it really got us on the road to a good season that year. It was a baptism of fire for our QB but he learned from it and it made him and our team better. Hate to lose, but if you learn from it and get better as a result...well that's a plus.
Did you guys get that storm that we got yesterday? I'm not sure there's any grass left in my yard. Think it all blew away.

Tuna85
June 29th, 2018, 06:39 PM
Did you guys get that storm that we got yesterday? I'm not sure there's any grass left in my yard. Think it all blew away.

Got some wind and rain but the worst of it was east and west of me. Clements high school lost the visitors side bleachers at their stadium. You folks may have caught the brunt.

cx500d
June 29th, 2018, 06:43 PM

We only have two Seasons in Texas: flood season and fricken hot drought season.

Tuna85
June 29th, 2018, 06:58 PM
We only have two Seasons in Texas: flood season and fricken hot drought season.

Seen pictures of your flood season. Especially around Houston. Hope they can catch a break. My neighbor got back from visiting Texas this very day. We were standing out in the heat of the day and they said they were glad to be back home where the weather was cooler. Must be some kind of heat in Texas!

cx500d
June 29th, 2018, 07:34 PM
Seen pictures of your flood season. Especially around Houston. Hope they can catch a break. My neighbor got back from visiting Texas this very day. We were standing out in the heat of the day and they said they were glad to be back home where the weather was cooler. Must be some kind of heat in Texas!

It’s just a hot heat.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bisonoline
June 29th, 2018, 09:22 PM
It’s just a hot heat.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My buddy who lives in AR just gt back from Lake Fork. They fish at night and sleep during the day. Said it was Huuuuuuuuuumid and hot of course.

JSUSoutherner
June 29th, 2018, 10:07 PM
Got some wind and rain but the worst of it was east and west of me. Clements high school lost the visitors side bleachers at their stadium. You folks may have caught the brunt.Left JSU yesterday to drive home right as it hit. Got this email from JSU less than 5 minutes after leaving. Was a mess yesterday.
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180630/cad12226c05ea3eba1e6792f7f37ca83.jpg

My buddy who lives in AR just gt back from Lake Fork. They fish at night and sleep during the day. Said it was Huuuuuuuuuumid and hot of course.

I'm heading to Table Rock tomorrow. Talked to my grandma yesterday and she said it was 98 degrees in the shade. Hopefully the lake will be nice and warm this year.

Bisonoline
June 30th, 2018, 12:08 AM
Left JSU yesterday to drive home right as it hit. Got this email from JSU less than 5 minutes after leaving. Was a mess yesterday.

I'm heading to Table Rock tomorrow. Talked to my grandma yesterday and she said it was 98 degrees in the shade. Hopefully the lake will be nice and warm this year.

My buddy fishes Table Rock quite a bit also.

Bison Fan in NW MN
June 30th, 2018, 06:50 AM
NDSU 49 - 3

I would sit Easton after a few series and get the backup QBs in there for some game reps.

A lot of young guys will get some valuable game experience.

I can almost bet we'll see 8 and 9 man fronts from UNA to try and stop the run. Good luck with that.

UpstateBison
June 30th, 2018, 07:19 AM
NDSU 49 - 3

I would sit Easton after a few series and get the backup QBs in there for some game reps.

A lot of young guys will get some valuable game experience.

I can almost bet we'll see 8 and 9 man fronts from UNA to try and stop the run. Good luck with that.

Agree. Good game experience for the young guys. Will definitely help depth for later in the season.

Tuna85
June 30th, 2018, 08:29 AM
Left JSU yesterday to drive home right as it hit. Got this email from JSU less than 5 minutes after leaving. Was a mess yesterday.

Just glad y'all didn't get hit like earlier this year. Hope the repairs from the tornado are coming along and everything goes well with the upcoming fall term. This Lion is pulling for the Gamecocks to have a quick and full recovery. Looking forward to renewing an old rivalry sometime in the, hopefully, near future.

RootinFerDukes
June 30th, 2018, 08:34 AM

I mean other than their first three mvfc games, do you see much challenge on the schedule? Outside of missing IN State, they couldn’t have received an easier conference schedule and the OOC is also three blowouts.

The UD game will be interesting but I’m not expecting much. They’ll lose by 28+ points while letting the bison drop 35+ on them.
Blue Hens will then spend the rest of the season trying to spin the fact that they do have a good defense and the NDSU game was basically like playing a P5 school and should be ignored statistically.

JSUSoutherner
June 30th, 2018, 08:55 AM
Just glad y'all didn't get hit like earlier this year. Hope the repairs from the tornado are coming along and everything goes well with the upcoming fall term. This Lion is pulling for the Gamecocks to have a quick and full recovery. Looking forward to renewing an old rivalry sometime in the, hopefully, near future.

Pretty much everything north of Trustee Circle is a construction site. Lots going on right now. Even after the repairs are completed though it will still be strange. I think the most impactful thing from the storm was how many trees it took out. Jacksonville looks empty now with so much open space. There are a lot of new sights around town.

ST_Lawson
June 30th, 2018, 09:34 AM
I mean other than their first three mvfc games, do you see much challenge on the schedule? Outside of missing IN State, they couldn’t have received an easier conference schedule and the OOC is also three blowouts.

The UD game will be interesting but I’m not expecting much. They’ll lose by 28+ points while letting the bison drop 35+ on them.
Blue Hens will then spend the rest of the season trying to spin the fact that they do have a good defense and the NDSU game was basically like playing a P5 school and should be ignored statistically.

It was a joke. They'll destroy just about everyone, lose maybe one odd conference game, then go on to win the championship again.

RootinFerDukes
June 30th, 2018, 09:54 AM
It was a joke. They'll destroy just about everyone, lose maybe one odd conference game, then go on to win the championship again.

Thanks. I had no earthly idea without you clarifying for me. :)

Tuna85
June 30th, 2018, 11:20 AM
Pretty much everything north of Trustee Circle is a construction site. Lots going on right now. Even after the repairs are completed though it will still be strange. I think the most impactful thing from the storm was how many trees it took out. Jacksonville looks empty now with so much open space. There are a lot of new sights around town.

I can imagine. Back in 2011 I had to travel the stretch of road between Hackleburg and Hamilton. Used to be (coming from north) you would top a hill and you could see the bridge over Bear creek with trees surrounding both side and Hackleburg in the distance. Kind of like looking through a gun sight. Topping that hill, after the tornado, was a shock. What trees weren't laid flat were snapped off. You had a wide open unobstructed view all the way to what was left of Hackleburg...and believe me, there was not much left. That tornado pretty much stayed on the ground 12 miles (just north of Hamilton straight through Hackleburg). Mother Nature recovers fast but 7 years later you can still tell that something happened along that track.

Bison Fan in NW MN
June 30th, 2018, 12:24 PM

SDSU will play us tough along with UNI and YSU and probably WIU.

NDSU's road games are:

Missouri State
WIU
UNI
USD

The Bison could lay an egg in any game and lose, they have done it in the past. But if they stay healthy and stay sharp throughout the season, they will go 11-0. IMO, only 3 teams could beat them this year. Not one OOC team will come close. But SDSU - UNI - YSU could beat them this year.

SDSU and YSU are at home so the chances are pretty slim IMO. UNI is a physical team that can match NDSU in that department and they always play the Bison tough so that one down in CF will be tough. WIU might be one also because the Bison never play that well down there. The crowd will be crap in Macomb. A couple of years ago there was a pretty good Bison contingent there, maybe it will be better this time.

I fully expect JMU and NDSU to both make it to Frisco unless both are on the same side of the bracket.

Lion1983
June 30th, 2018, 01:50 PM
I can imagine. Back in 2011 I had to travel the stretch of road between Hackleburg and Hamilton. Used to be (coming from north) you would top a hill and you could see the bridge over Bear creek with trees surrounding both side and Hackleburg in the distance. Kind of like looking through a gun sight. Topping that hill, after the tornado, was a shock. What trees weren't laid flat were snapped off. You had a wide open unobstructed view all the way to what was left of Hackleburg...and believe me, there was not much left. That tornado pretty much stayed on the ground 12 miles (just north of Hamilton straight through Hackleburg). Mother Nature recovers fast but 7 years later you can still tell that something happened along that track.

I was in a crew with the recovery efforts, day 1 Hackleburg, day 2 Phil Campbell, day 3-5 back in Hackleburg. It was the worse thing I have ever had to be a part of, tornado shelters didn't matter at that point, I still get sick thinking about it.

Tuna85
June 30th, 2018, 03:05 PM
I was in a crew with the recovery efforts, day 1 Hackleburg, day 2 Phil Campbell, day 3-5 back in Hackleburg. It was the worse thing I have ever had to be a part of, tornado shelters didn't matter at that point, I still get sick thinking about it.

Had to be rough. Know those folks appreciated, then and now, the folks who helped try to bring some normalcy back to their lives.

JSUSoutherner
June 30th, 2018, 04:22 PM

Yeah Mother Nature recovers, Joplin now is worlds apart compared to when I was there after the tornado. However, Joplin now is also world's apart from the way it was before the tornado.

kperk014
July 2nd, 2018, 01:28 AM

Actually it stayed on the ground for 132 miles, all the way to Huntland, Tennessee and supplied many people in north Alabama and Tennessee with a good supply of Wrangler blue jeans from the destroyed Hackleburg Wrangler plant over a hundred miles away. It maintained EF5-EF-4 intensity for most of the the path. One of the most powerful tornadoes ever. Most tornadoes stay on the ground for less than 20 miles. The engine on that one was one for the ages. Thank God it went BETWEEN Decatur and Huntsville instead of a direct hit. Luckily it found a lesser populate area of Limestone county and missed most of it population of 92,000. WAFF's radar didn't fare so well though:
Could have been looking at as many as a thousand deaths.

http://www.waff.com/clip/12311948/archive-april-27-2011-tornado-coverage

kperk014
July 2nd, 2018, 01:45 AM

At the time I was managing a self-storage facility in Florence. My boss called from Decatur and told me to take our moving truck and drive to Phil Campbell to offer free storage and moving to anyone who needed it free of charge. Since I had no access to internet or TV since 4:30 on the morning of April 27th, I had no idea what I was about to drive into. Needless to say, no one took me up on my offer because there was nothing left to store so I just let different folks let their feelings spill out and give them hugs. I didn't see any human bodies or body parts but I saw a number of dead animals. That was bad enough for me.

Tuna85
July 2nd, 2018, 11:17 AM
At the time I was managing a self-storage facility in Florence. My boss called from Decatur and told me to take our moving truck and drive to Phil Campbell to offer free storage and moving to anyone who needed it free of charge. Since I had no access to internet or TV since 4:30 on the morning of April 27th, I had no idea what I was about to drive into. Needless to say, no one took me up on my offer because there was nothing left to store so I just let different folks let their feelings spill out and give them hugs. I didn't see any human bodies or body parts but I saw a number of dead animals. That was bad enough for me.

You do what you can do and sometimes a word or a hug is enough and what's needed. Reckon I'll move on and let them thar Bison folk recapture their original topic.

IBleedYellow
July 2nd, 2018, 11:20 AM
Well it's clearly the offseason here.

Redbird 4th & short
July 2nd, 2018, 12:49 PM
Here is impact on MVFC lost starters from keepers site: http://www.keepratings.net/

Hardest hit by far are YSU and WIU at 11+ lost starters. The rest are packed between 7 and 9 lost starters. NDSU is in top 3 of MVFC .. which means they are hardly even having to reload ... I think they have 7+ good ones ready to step right in.

ISUr has biggest disparity between offense and defense. Our offense is set almost 2 deep at every position except WR. Our defense was very good (most games) a year ago, but we lost 9 true starters .. below says we lost 6.6 starters because we had very nice 2 deep and were able to get lot of people on field on defense. But Spack just dismissed our top returning defender .. OLB Horton .. so I assume that 6.6 will become 7.6 lost starters on defense.

Per other thread, my 2 "wild card" teams are USD and SIU .. they both return a lot per below. but NDSU is set up very well to repeat.

MVFC team
Total
Off
Def
Total2
Total % Lost

Youngstown St
53%

Western Illinois
52%

Illinois State
41%

Indiana State
41%

Northern Iowa
40%

South Dakota St
39%

Southern Illinois
37%

North Dakota St
35%

South Dakota
35%

Missouri State
30%

Grand Total
40%

JMU lost the most by far in CAA .. they could slide a bit this year as Colonial got much deeper last year, and return a lot other than JMU this year.

CAA team
Total
Off
Def
Total2
Total % Lost

James Madison
58%

Richmond
49%

Stony Brook
48%

Maine
45%

Delaware
40%

Albany
37%

William & Mary
36%

Towson
32%

Villanova
29%

Rhode Island
29%

New Hampshire
21%

Elon
19%

Grand Total
37%

Might as well show Big Sky .. their depth also seems to have improved last season .. better keep tabs on EWU way down there at bottom. Guessing they have to be very motivated after getting snubbed last year. Plus 2nd year for new head coach, who seemed to really struggle to establish new ground and pound identity with prior coaches "grip and rip it" style.

Big Sky team
Total
Off
Def
Total2
Total % Lost

Portland State
54%

Cal Poly
50%

Montana
47%

Idaho
47%

Weber State
40%

Southern Utah
36%

UC-Davis
35%

Montana State
32%

Sacramento State
31%

Northern Arizona
30%

Idaho State
30%

Northern Colorado
25%

Eastern Washington
22%

Grand Total
37%

Bison Fan in NW MN
July 2nd, 2018, 07:38 PM
Well it's clearly the offseason here.

No kidding!

Delaware's play-by-play guy was on 1660 today. I didn't catch it all but their defense will be their strength and they have a Boston College grad transfer at QB.

Derby City Duke
July 2nd, 2018, 09:23 PM
Bison should be 14-0 headed into January 5th in Frisco. Biggest mystery of the season is who will survive the 2, 3, 6, & 7 side of the bracket; in 2016 only #2 made it out of the round of 16. A big injury bug will be the only thing that can really derail them -- believe they are too deep for a big mental letdown this year.

caribbeanhen
July 3rd, 2018, 07:19 AM
I bet the radio guy reported something similar to this

No kidding!

Delaware's play-by-play guy was on 1660 today. I didn't catch it all but their defense will be their strength and they have a Boston College grad transfer at QB.

Re: NDSU 2018 Schedule & Analysis

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/images/SeamusLight/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by Professor Chaos http://www.anygivensaturday.com/images/SeamusLight/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?p=2640499#post2640499)

dewey
July 3rd, 2018, 07:54 AM
I bet the radio guy reported something similar to this

Re: NDSU 2018 Schedule & Analysis

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/images/SeamusLight/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by Professor Chaos http://www.anygivensaturday.com/images/SeamusLight/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?p=2640499#post2640499)

Exactly! I am looking forward to making the trip to Newark next fall.

caribbeanhen are you going to be at either game?

Dewey

caribbeanhen
July 3rd, 2018, 08:54 AM

Dewey

No plans now Dewey but you never know.... one day at a time on the Isla.... I've seen some discussion on Gohens about tickets for the game in Fargo, not many available ..... it would be great to see about 7000 Bison in Newark in 2019, show those old Hens how to party ......

IBleedYellow
July 3rd, 2018, 02:04 PM
No plans now Dewey but you never know.... one day at a time on the Isla.... I've seen some discussion on Gohens about tickets for the game in Fargo, not many available ..... it would be great to see about 7000 Bison in Newark in 2019, show those old Hens how to party ......

Make sure you let them know that Single Game tickets will go on sale sometime in Aug. Probably August 1st most likely. That's when public sales let them get chance @ tickets, but they'll have to be there at 8 am sharp.

Professor Chaos
July 3rd, 2018, 02:42 PM
Make sure you let them know that Single Game tickets will go on sale sometime in Aug. Probably August 1st most likely. That's when public sales let them get chance @ tickets, but they'll have to be there at 8 am sharp.
And get out your lucky rabbit's foot. Last year I was on at 8AM sharp with 3 separate machines and kept striking out before I quit trying after about 15-20 minutes. During that same timeframe others were getting tickets.

Trumpster
July 3rd, 2018, 03:50 PM

Just FYI this year tickets from the NDSU box office go on sale on August 1st at 6AM this year.

Bison Fan in NW MN
July 3rd, 2018, 04:21 PM
And get out your lucky rabbit's foot. Last year I was on at 8AM sharp with 3 separate machines and kept striking out before I quit trying after about 15-20 minutes. During that same timeframe others were getting tickets.

Good thing I got my season tickets 15 years ago....xthumbsupx

NDSU could sell 20K + season tickets if they had a bigger venue....

Bisonoline
July 3rd, 2018, 04:30 PM

I dont think they have sold them all out yet. You can bet those that wanted to jump on the bandwagon didnt when they found out the what the cost of tickets are and where they are located.

It looks like they are down in to the 200 point level now.

Bisonoline
July 3rd, 2018, 04:36 PM

Dewey

I think Tony and I are going also.

Bison Fan in NW MN
July 3rd, 2018, 04:47 PM
I dont think they have sold them all out yet. You can bet those that wanted to jump on the bandwagon didnt when they found out the what the cost of tickets are and where they are located.

It looks like they are down in to the 200 point level now.

My price has been climbing the last few years to get the grandfathered Teammakers up to where they are suppose to be.

Mine are expensive but worth it to me. Wife grumps when she sees the bill but she gets over it....xlolx

NDSUtk
July 3rd, 2018, 06:34 PM

It looks like they are down in to the 200 point level now.I managed to add 2 and I have 260 points. Just to give some perspective as to where they are at.

Bisonoline
July 3rd, 2018, 06:59 PM
I managed to add 2 and I have 260 points. Just to give some perspective as to where they are at.

Wow it got down there. Good for you. Happy you got tickets. Thanks for the info.

NDSUtk
July 3rd, 2018, 07:26 PM
Wow it got down there. Good for you. Happy you got tickets. Thanks for the info.Yes, sir. It was in Section 5, a pair together but high up. Simmers mentioned there were only singles left in the end zone. And they still had the high end options that they added this year from the student section, but those were $3300 for 2 seats.

Professor Chaos
July 3rd, 2018, 09:48 PM

I've had season tickets for about 10 years now also but I've always got people asking me for tickets to the bigger games (which are even tougher to get on single game ticket day) so I usually try to pick up some extras. Needless to say, I wasn't too upset because tickets were actually easier to get on the secondary market last year than they had been in previous years. Who knows if that'll keep up this year or not.

caribbeanhen
July 4th, 2018, 07:42 AM
thanks for all the ticket talk, I admit I have no idea what it all means..... apparently only 200 tickets available to Hen fans, the Delaware contingent in the Fargo Dome will represent the state the same as Delware looks on a Rand McNally.... hard to find

this is thread from Gohens.net where the game is being discussed

http://gohens.net/boards/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=23367&start=30

ST_Lawson
July 4th, 2018, 08:56 AM
Yes, sir. It was in Section 5, a pair together but high up. Simmers mentioned there were only singles left in the end zone. And they still had the high end options that they added this year from the student section, but those were $3300 for 2 seats.

Things like this are why I can't understand how people can complain about ticket prices at WIU games...and yet they do. They're probably the kinds of people who complain about anything and everything though.

NDSUtk
July 4th, 2018, 09:25 AM
thanks for all the ticket talk, I admit I have no idea what it all means..... apparently only 200 tickets available to Hen fans, the Delaware contingent in the Fargo Dome will represent the state the same as Delware looks on a Rand McNally.... hard to find

http://gohens.net/boards/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=23367&start=30I see a comment about the stadium renovation being done before next year. That adding a lot of seats out there?

caribbeanhen
July 4th, 2018, 10:03 AM
I see a comment about the stadium renovation being done before next year. That adding a lot of seats out there?

I dont think it's adding many seats, Delaware Stadium can hold close to 23,000..... the place was built in the 1950's and has provides a great view of the game, the press box looks like a old box car or trailor and the bathrooms are certinaly open for public viewing.... marble pee wall..... splatter and all.....

here is a story about renovatioins including some nice old pics

https://www.delawareonline.com/story/sports/college/ud/2017/11/17/ud-football-fans-tired-broken-promises-welcome-upgrades/862882001/

IBleedYellow
July 4th, 2018, 08:32 PM

http://gohens.net/boards/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=23367&start=301. They clearly don't understand how many NDSU fans will travel East for the game.

2. Only 200 tickets available. Yeah. This is what happens when you win 6 of 7 Championships. Tickets aren't easy to get for anyone.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

caribbeanhen
July 5th, 2018, 04:57 AM
1. They clearly don't understand how many NDSU fans will travel East for the game.

2. Only 200 tickets available. Yeah. This is what happens when you win 6 of 7 Championships. Tickets aren't easy to get for anyone.

what's your guess at how many Bison fans will be planning to attend the game in 2019? I guessed 5000 will be in Delaware stadium but only 3000 if the Hens make a playoff run this year.... I agree most do not get it yet, but not all

gumby013
July 5th, 2018, 08:51 AM
what's your guess at how many Bison fans will be planning to attend the game in 2019? I guessed 5000 will be in Delaware stadium but only 3000 if the Hens make a playoff run this year.... I agree most do not get it yet, but not all

If there is an Eagles home game the following day, it could be an even larger number. People will make a big trip out of it.

IBleedYellow
July 5th, 2018, 10:35 AM
what's your guess at how many Bison fans will be planning to attend the game in 2019? I guessed 5000 will be in Delaware stadium but only 3000 if the Hens make a playoff run this year.... I agree most do not get it yet, but not allJust like Gumby said. If the Eagles have a home game - I could see 8k+ NDSU fans making the trip.

They'll probably take vacation 3-4 days beforehand to make an East Coast vacation out of the whole thing and see the Bison and Carson play.

bluehenbillk
July 5th, 2018, 10:56 AM
Getting Delaware tickets and getting Eagles tickets are two different stories. Delaware tickets are available aplenty. Be prepared to pay triple face value thru Stubhub to get Eagles tickets - there are basically none available for single games..

TheKingpin28
July 5th, 2018, 11:05 AM
Getting Delaware tickets and getting Eagles tickets are two different stories. Delaware tickets are available aplenty. Be prepared to pay triple face value thru Stubhub to get Eagles tickets - there are basically none available for single games..

The thing with us Bison fans, is that, for most, prices are not a problem. Just ask Frisco; they know all about us spending money, drinking the town dry, and having a great time. If you build it, we will come.

bluehenbillk
July 5th, 2018, 11:13 AM
The thing with us Bison fans, is that, for most, prices are not a problem. Just ask Frisco; they know all about us spending money, drinking the town dry, and having a great time. If you build it, we will come.

Just saying if 3,000 plus fans think they're going to do a combo deal with an Eagles ticket most will be disappointed. Eagles tickets are not easy to come by - FYI.

TheKingpin28
July 5th, 2018, 11:21 AM
Just saying if 3,000 plus fans think they're going to do a combo deal with an Eagles ticket most will be disappointed. Eagles tickets are not easy to come by - FYI.

I just went on, gougemywallet.com, I mean StubHub, and there are thousands of tickets for the Colts game this year, (yes I know this is the 2018 schedule), so whose to say that there wouldn't be for next year. Don't be surprised if truly 3K flood the Linc. Bison fans are a very determined bunch and tickets can always be found if one knows where to look.

centennial
July 5th, 2018, 11:28 AM
I just went on, gougemywallet.com, I mean StubHub, and there are thousands of tickets for the Colts game this year, (yes I know this is the 2018 schedule), so whose to say that there wouldn't be for next year. Don't be surprised if truly 3K flood the Linc. Bison fans are a very determined bunch and tickets can always be found if one knows where to look.

Not impossible. However, I've lived through the year after Denver won the Superbowl. It was a ****ing **** show trying to get any tickets. I got quoted $1k for 2 tickets by a season ticket holder, usually they would go for $100-150ish.

dewey
July 5th, 2018, 11:32 AM
Our family will not be going to watch an Eagles game while we are out there for the Bison-Delaware game. I would rather spend time at the beach or sightseeing.

Dewey

caribbeanhen
July 5th, 2018, 12:49 PM
Our family will not be going to watch an Eagles game while we are out there for the Bison-Delaware game. I would rather spend time at the beach or sightseeing.

Dewey

Dewey Beach!

BisonFan02
July 5th, 2018, 01:09 PM
I'm tempted to make the trip.....it would be a good excuse to take the kids where "mommy and daddy" lived for a time.

dewey
July 5th, 2018, 01:11 PM
Dewey Beach!

Hell yeah! I remember the posts from last year about Dewey Beach.

Dewey

POD Knows
July 5th, 2018, 04:06 PM
I'm tempted to make the trip.....it would be a good excuse to take the kids where "mommy and daddy" lived for a time.Just do it, it would be a good trip for the kiddies, take them to that pizza place you like in Jonestown. You can't get grease like that back in the Dakotas.

Bison Fan in NW MN
July 5th, 2018, 06:56 PM
If there was an Eagles game the next day on Sunday, this trip would be hard not to pass up.

dewey
July 6th, 2018, 11:19 AM
Here is a video from Dom Izzo about the North Alabama game.

http://bisonmedia.areavoices.com/bison-video-blog-2018-schedule-preview-north-alabama/

Fun fact Friday...North Alabama is the only team to ever win 3 straight National titles at the Division II level.

Here is a quick preview of the Cal Poly game.
http://bisonmedia.areavoices.com/bison-video-blog-2018-schedule-preview-cal-poly/

Dewey

Bison Fan in NW MN
July 6th, 2018, 05:50 PM
I bet the 3 teams in the OOC games do not total 30 points on offense combined....xnodx