PDA

View Full Version : HERO Sports 2018 Pre-Season FCS All-American Team

SFA 93
June 12th, 2018, 11:19 AM
HERO Sports 2018 FCS Preseason All-American TeamsThese players made the big plays in 2017 and look poised to do it again in 2018. Check out the 2018 FCS Preseason All American Teams. (HERO Sports)

https://herosports.com/fcs/hero-sports-2018-fcs-preseason-all-american-teams-ajaj

nodak651
June 12th, 2018, 12:17 PM
Deion Harris - Out all last season due to a torn Achilles. Interesting choice.

Professor Chaos
June 12th, 2018, 12:41 PM
They did the same with NDSU DE Greg Menard.

One guy I think that seems to be flying under the radar that I think is going to end up on this AA lists postseason is JMU WR Riley Stapleton. That guy played like a beast in the playoffs last year against some pretty solid competition. Assuming the JMU QB situation isn't a trainwreck he's set up for a big year.

Go Green
June 12th, 2018, 01:13 PM

Ditto for Harvard OL Larry Allen (although I'm blanking on the nature of his injury).

HERO seems to have a lot of confidence in FCS schools' rehab departments.

VandalBasher
June 12th, 2018, 01:57 PM
Again, I will say Kaden Ellis will be on this list, as 1st Team, by end of year. Lazy and uninspired writing.

Thumper 76
June 12th, 2018, 02:31 PM
Again, I will say Kaden Ellis will be on this list, as 1st Team, by end of year. Lazy and uninspired writing.

Eh, it’s kinda more fun to sneak up on people anyways.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sammy94
June 12th, 2018, 02:37 PM

It's HERO, its expected.

Schism55
June 12th, 2018, 03:51 PM
Eh, it’s kinda more fun to sneak up on people anyways.

/Equip chloroform soaked rag? :D

caribbeanhen
June 12th, 2018, 04:05 PM
SECOND-TEAM DEFENSE

POS
NAME
SCHOOL
YEAR

DL
Chris Terrell
Central Arkansas
Jr.

DL
Miles Brown
Wofford
Sr.

DL
Randy Robinson
Jacksonville State
Sr.

DL
Jaison Williams
Austin Peay
Jr.

LB
Jabril Cox
North Dakota State
Soph.

LB
Armand Dellovade
Youngstown State
Sr.

LB
Troy Reeder
Delaware
Sr.

LB
LeGrand Toia
Weber State
Sr.

DB
Robbie Grimsley
North Dakota St
Sr.

DB
Nasir Adderley
Delaware
Sr.

DB
Mac McCain
N.C. A&T
Soph.

DB
Rob Rolle
Villanova
Sr.

GT, The hype machine is getting spun up.... Reeder and Adderley who I started hyping up about this time last year...

clenz
June 12th, 2018, 04:18 PM
It's HERO, its expected.

Sadly true.

Stats and Hero have significant resources to do much better than they do.

It’s great to see anyone covering the FCS but so much of it is superficial level stuff.

So many articles that get “written” are simply rewording of press releases from schools and published as original work and research.

It’s better than nothing though and hopefully enough clicks can generate more and better writing and articles.

POD Knows
June 12th, 2018, 06:04 PM

One guy I think that seems to be flying under the radar that I think is going to end up on this AA lists postseason is JMU WR Riley Stapleton. That guy played like a beast in the playoffs last year against some pretty solid competition. Assuming the JMU QB situation isn't a trainwreck he's set up for a big year.This, that Stapleton kid looks like the real deal, I really don't get the Menard deal, he is a good player but coming off an injury, who knows. I think Bruce Anderson first team is also interesting, I love the guy but I don't know.

McNeese72
June 13th, 2018, 08:26 AM
"Oh, no!! We suck again!!!" It's because we have no players!!

Doc

Derby City Duke
June 17th, 2018, 12:36 AM

One guy I think that seems to be flying under the radar that I think is going to end up on this AA lists postseason is JMU WR Riley Stapleton. That guy played like a beast in the playoffs last year against some pretty solid competition. Assuming the JMU QB situation isn't a trainwreck he's set up for a big year.

He was finally healthy at the end of the year -- illness early and had a broken finger/hand. Just watched the Weber State Game again last weekend and marveled at how he was able to dominate their secondary...

Don't know how the QB competition will work out, but DiNucci (Pitt xfer) is really pushing Johnson. Johnson throws a much better deep ball than Schor did. DiNucci is more like Schor in that he can run (designed or improvised) as well as throw the ball. Houston eliminated the sophomore (former Mr. South Carolina Football) from starter consideration during the spring -- not sure of his redshirt status.

Would also not surprise me to see Jimmy Moreland's name creep onto one of these lists.

Was a little surprised to see Cox on the 2nd team, not 1st team. Against us, Cox certainly played better (more disciplined and physical) than Rozeboom did in the semis. I could easily see them flipped.

Professor Chaos
June 17th, 2018, 09:09 AM
Was a little surprised to see Cox on the 2nd team, not 1st team. Against us, Cox certainly played better (more disciplined and physical) than Rozeboom did in the semis. I could easily see them flipped.
It's kind of a numbers game I think. Rozeboom has had 120+ tackles for 2 years now and Cox didn't even crack 80 tackles last year since he didn't start until midseason and split time after that. Rozeboom made some uncharacteristic mistakes against JMU I think. I think there were 2 long runs by Marshall where he shot the wrong gap and got way out of position leaving a huge lane.