PDA

View Full Version : Dartmouth gets transfer QB from Florida

Go Green
June 2nd, 2018, 08:54 AM
http://biggreenalertblog.blogspot.com/2018/06/breaking-news.html

QB was really the only question mark for Dartmouth. If his guy is as good as advertised, Dartmouth should be the team to beat in the Ivy this fall.

Assuming, of course, good health and good grades for the rest of the guys. :)

Son of Eli
June 2nd, 2018, 10:01 AM
Congratulations to Dartmouth for taking a huge step forward and immediately moving to the top of the mix in the hunt for the 2018 Ivy League Championship.

Future OOC opponents Towson, New Hampshire and Colgate should take heed as well. Army dodged a bullet as he should graduate a year before that game, unless he gets a future medical redshirt year.

Go Green
June 2nd, 2018, 11:49 AM
Future OOC opponents Towson, New Hampshire and Colgate should take heed as well. Army dodged a bullet as he should graduate a year before that game, unless he gets a future medical redshirt year.

Getting way ahead of ourselves, but I think he's got four years of eligibility if he just redshirted at Florida and did nothing else. But maybe you're right.

And yes, I'm well aware that the last two guys who came to the Ivy with Florida offers did not pan out.

Son of Eli
June 2nd, 2018, 12:23 PM
Getting way ahead of ourselves, but I think he's got four years of eligibility if he just redshirted at Florida and did nothing else. But maybe you're right.

And yes, I'm well aware that the last two guys who came to the Ivy with Florida offers did not pan out.

Yes, but they didn't have Teevens as a coach. I think he will turn out to be as good as Yale's QB transfers Morgan Roberts from Clemson and Patrick Witt from Nebraska.

Son of Eli
June 2nd, 2018, 12:32 PM

Yale wouldn't gave beaten Army in 2014 without transfers Morgan Roberts and Tyler Varga. Dartmouth will likely need some more transfers like this to beat Army in 2022.

DFW HOYA
June 2nd, 2018, 12:56 PM
Dartmouth's opponent in week 1 is a transfer quarterback from Arizona.

Played in eight games, started four.

http://www.guhoyas.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/gunther_johnson_1048217.html

Son of Eli
June 2nd, 2018, 04:33 PM
Dartmouth's opponent in week 1 is a transfer quarterback from Arizona.

Played in eight games, started four.

http://www.guhoyas.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/gunther_johnson_1048217.html

Did he play last year for Georgetown?

DFW HOYA
June 2nd, 2018, 07:16 PM
Played in eight games, started four for Georgetown: 1026 yards, 4 TD, 6 INT.

He redshirted his freshman year at Arizona.

Go Green
June 3rd, 2018, 06:45 AM

So he has three remaining years of eligibility given that he played for Georgetown last year?

Son of Eli
June 3rd, 2018, 07:05 AM
Played in eight games, started four for Georgetown: 1026 yards, 4 TD, 6 INT.

Morgan Roberts got similar playing time his first year at Yale in 2013 with mediocre results. Then he blossomed into one of the best FCS QB's in the country in 2014. So I'd expect a much improved offense for Georgetown this year. I also think we will see a similar amount of playing time for Mr. Allen at Dartmouth this year as he learns their system.

Son of Eli
June 3rd, 2018, 07:08 AM
So he has three remaining years of eligibility given that he played for Georgetown last year?

Both Patrick Witt and Morgan Roberts had only three years of football eligibility at Yale. Not sure if they redshirted their Freshman years though.

Son of Eli
June 3rd, 2018, 07:11 AM
Just checked. Both played at their previous schools the year before they transferred to Yale, so Allen should have four years of eligibility.

NorthChuckSouth
June 3rd, 2018, 10:29 AM
He saw the Gators first game and didn't want to be a part of that L xlolx

World
June 4th, 2018, 12:27 AM
Congratulations to Dartmouth!

Some good competition for Princeton's incoming four star freshman QB as the best QB in the Ivy League this coming season:

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/alabama-loses-recruiting-battle-to-princeton-as-four-star-qb-sticks-with-tigers/

Go Green
June 4th, 2018, 08:55 AM
Congratulations to Dartmouth!

Some good competition for Princeton's incoming four star freshman QB as the best QB in the Ivy League this coming season:

While its certainly possible that these guys will compete for the "best QB in the Ivy League" at some point, its a bit much to believe that they will be doing so this coming season. There is the matter of learning the playbook, developing rapport with receivers, beating out the internal competition for the starting job, etc.

But we will see! :)

FUBeAR
June 4th, 2018, 09:28 AM
While its certainly possible that these guys will compete for the "best QB in the Ivy League" at some point, its a bit much to believe that they will be doing so this coming season. There is the matter of learning the playbook, developing rapport with receivers, beating out the internal competition for the starting job, etc.

But we will see! :)But Recruiting Stars :)

Go Green
June 4th, 2018, 08:02 PM
And the other thing is that both the Princeton and Dartmouth guys grew up in warm-weather states.

Adjusting to playing in the northeast in November isn't easy...

Go...gate
June 5th, 2018, 12:09 AM

But we will see! :)

Not to mention handling the academic challenges at their respective schools.