PDA

View Full Version : Portland State's home scheduling

JALMOND
June 1st, 2018, 09:47 PM
Due to conflicts with the local soccer clubs, Portland State's home football games have been moved to Hillsboro Stadium, except for the Northern Colorado game, which will still be played at Porvidence Park.

http://www.goviks.com/news/2018/6/1/viking-football-moves-four-games-on-2018-schedule-to-hillsboro-stadium.aspx

See you all in Hillsboro.

NoCoDanny
June 1st, 2018, 10:25 PM
At least the UNC game wasn't moved... you guys want to win in style I understand.

VandalBasher
June 1st, 2018, 10:25 PM
Sac St., UC Davis and Portland St. all have the most upswing of any team in the BSC. I hope PSU can build their own stadium in the downtown area.

Iridebikes
June 2nd, 2018, 09:15 AM
Too bad that there are the scheduling conflicts. Always enjoyed going to the games when they are downtown Portland. Is the field out in Hillsboro real grass or turf?

JALMOND
June 2nd, 2018, 04:02 PM
Too bad that there are the scheduling conflicts. Always enjoyed going to the games when they are downtown Portland. Is the field out in Hillsboro real grass or turf?

Same type of turf that Providence Park has for now (long standing conflict is the Timbers want to replace it with grass). It's not a bad venue at all, especially now that they have the baseball field there (Hillsboro Hops single A baseball field). Large parking area makes for a great opportunity for tailgating, and the city of Hillsboro basically gives PSU free reign on what they can do for gametime. It is just small (max capacity 7500, although they mentioned they can expand to 10000 if PSU wants it), a long way from campus (21 miles) and no transit (buses or light rail).

Thumper 76
June 2nd, 2018, 08:54 PM
Same type of turf that Providence Park has for now (long standing conflict is the Timbers want to replace it with grass). It's not a bad venue at all, especially now that they have the baseball field there (Hillsboro Hops single A baseball field). Large parking area makes for a great opportunity for tailgating, and the city of Hillsboro basically gives PSU free reign on what they can do for gametime. It is just small (max capacity 7500, although they mentioned they can expand to 10000 if PSU wants it), a long way from campus (21 miles) and no transit (buses or light rail).

I would assume from the googling I did they could bring in bleachers on the away side on top of that turf or is the expansion the photos with bleachers in the end zone?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JALMOND
June 3rd, 2018, 01:08 AM
I would assume from the googling I did they could bring in bleachers on the away side on top of that turf or is the expansion the photos with bleachers in the end zone?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know for sure. When I saw that they said they could expand it to 10000, I did raise my eyebrows. They brought in portable bleachers for a Montana game many years ago when the complex first opened, but that is the only time I can recall them doing it. I was surprised that they did not bring in the bleachers for the Montana game last year, but I guess it was PSU that vetoed it.