PDA

View Full Version : NC Central on NCAA probation for two years

bonarae
May 31st, 2018, 04:18 AM
... due to certification errors of some ineligible athletes that were unintentional and administrative... from 2012-15. xsmhx

Some victories are going to be vacated in seven sports, football included.

http://www.fcs.football/cfb/story.asp?i=20180530162824218848908&ref=hea&tm=&src=FCS

WileECoyote06
May 31st, 2018, 10:18 AM
This sucks.

This mainly due to the misapplication a specific facet of NCAA progress-toward-degree legislation during thistime and utilized outdated degree tracking and academic advising systems. The prior violation occurred repeatedly over a number of years, indicating that staff weren't properly trained or misunderstood the policy. As I understand it, only one football player was improperly certified.

We're going to appeal the vacated wins punishment. I guess in the least we aren't banned from postseason play. xscanx

FUBeAR
May 31st, 2018, 11:21 AM
This sucks.

This mainly due to the misapplication a specific facet of NCAA progress-toward-degree legislation during thistime and utilized outdated degree tracking and academic advising systems. The prior violation occurred repeatedly over a number of years, indicating that staff weren't properly trained or misunderstood the policy. As I understand it, only one football player was improperly certified.

We're going to appeal the vacated wins punishment. I guess in the least we aren't banned from postseason play. xscanxNCAA is hoping this stiff penalty will serve to teach those cheaters over in Chapel Hill the stern lesson they deserve!

Look out Morehead State...somebody is going to have to pay for the sins of Louisville!

ASU33
May 31st, 2018, 01:52 PM
Maybe this is why Mack hit the road

NorthChuckSouth
June 3rd, 2018, 10:32 AM
NCAA is hoping this stiff penalty will serve to teach those cheaters over in Chapel Hill the stern lesson they deserve!

Look out Morehead State...somebody is going to have to pay for the sins of Louisville!

I was just about say something about UNC.. can't hurt their big money makers but screw the little guy. Can't stand the NCAA

Laker
June 3rd, 2018, 10:36 AM
I was just about say something about UNC.. can't hurt their big money makers but screw the little guy. Can't stand the NCAA

UNC- University of No Credit. Makes me want to puke when the NCAA has commercials about how they are "student" athletes first. A complete farce.