PDA

View Full Version : 2018 Great GAS Memorial Countdown... 100 Days!!!!!!!!!!

Tribe4SF
May 24th, 2018, 03:40 AM
W&M

Head Coach Jimmye Laycock (W&M '70)
39th Season

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=27653&stc=1
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=27654&stc=1

bonarae
May 24th, 2018, 07:01 AM
Harvard

Tim Murphy (D-III Springfield 1978)
25th season in Cambridge
Previous stops at Maine (1988-1989) and FBS Cincinnati (1990-1993)

https://www.gocrimson.com/sports/fball/coaches/FBL_0708_Murphy_Tim_004_headshot.jpg?max_width=160&max_height=210

Professor Chaos
May 24th, 2018, 08:40 AM
Woohoo! Let the countdown begin!

North Dakota State

Head Coach Chris Klieman (UNI 1990)
5th season
http://gobison.com/common/controls/image_handler.aspx?thumb_prefix=headshot_2&image_path=/images/2015/9/2/ChrisKlieman2015NDSUFBHeadCoach.jpg

http://gobison.com/coaches.aspx?rc=1234&path=football

In 4 years Coach Klieman has compiled a 54-6 record (.900 win percentage) winning 4 MVFC titles and 3 national titles. Last year he won the Bruce Craddock Award as the MVFC Coach of the Year and has been a 3-time finalist (2014, 2016, and 2017) for the Eddie Robinson Award as National Coach of the Year. Since he arrived at NDSU in 2011 (he was the DBs coach in 2011 and the DC from 2012-2013) his teams have gone 97-8 with 7 MVFC titles and 6 national titles.

SFA 93
May 24th, 2018, 04:14 PM
http://bloximages.chicago2.vip.townnews.com/dailysentinel.com/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/3/a1/3a1924d8-40a0-11e6-97a3-37ece77a50fe/577839377c4c6.image.jpg?resize=576%2C383
HEAD COACH: Clint Conque (5th Season at SFA)

2014: 8-5
2015: 4-7
2016: 5-6
2017: 4-7

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dd6B7wnVwAAqKWK.jpg:large

BlackNGoldR3v0lut10n
May 24th, 2018, 08:16 PM
Randy SandersHead Coach

Randy Sanders was named ETSU football head coach on Dec. 17, 2017, becoming the 18th head coach in program history.
Sanders, a Morristown, Tenn. native, has spent the last 29 years coaching on the Football Bowl Subdivision level, which includes stints as offensive coordinator at Tennessee, Kentucky and most recently Florida State. Sanders was the offensive coordinator when Tennessee won the 1998 BCS National Title and the quarterbacks coach at Florida State when the Seminoles claimed the 2013 National Championship. Sanders played a part in either coaching or recruiting a pair of No. 1 overall picks in the NFL Draft – Peyton Manning (1998) and Jameis Winston (2015). In his 29 years of coaching, Sanders has coached in 26 bowl games and his teams hold a combined record of 258-105-2.
He will replace ETSU’s head coach Carl Torbush, who announced his retirement on Dec. 8 after a five-year tenure that guided the return of the Buccaneers’ football program in 2015.
“I’m unbelievably excited to be here at ETSU and thankful for the opportunity that Dr. Brian Noland and Scott Carter have given me to be the head coach of the Buccaneers,” said Sanders. “This program has a great tradition and I was really happy to see it brought back five years ago. Coach Torbush did a great job of building the foundation, and now I’m ready to get to work making this program one that all ETSU fans can be proud of.”
“Randy Sanders is a man of outstanding character, integrity and competitive spirit,” said ETSU Athletic Director Scott Carter. “His top priority is the shaping and development of the young men he leads. His background in college football speaks for itself, with two National Championships, 12 conference or division championships, and 26 bowl games. With nearly 29 years of coaching in the SEC and ACC, he led offensive production at each program to historic heights. ETSU football is very fortunate to have Randy Sanders as our head coach. I cannot wait to get to work with Coach Sanders and bring championships to Johnson City.”
“I am very excited to welcome Coach Sanders, his wife Cathy and family home to Tennessee,” said ETSU President Dr. Brian Noland. “Coach Sanders has impeccable credentials and a career marked by excellence. He embodies the values of our university and embraces our mission. I am looking forward to his leadership and working with him.”
Sanders, who played his collegiately at Tennessee from 1984-88, began his coaching career at Tennessee in 1989, and during the 17 years at his alma mater, the Vols compiled a record of 162-46-2 (.776). Over his run in Knoxville, Tennessee won four SEC championships and six Eastern Division crowns in addition to its national title. The Vols played in bowl games his first 16 seasons, including four Citrus Bowls, three Fiesta Bowls, three Cotton Bowls, two Peach Bowls, and one each in the Sugar, Orange, Hall of Fame and Gator bowls.
Following his time at Tennessee, Sanders remained in the SEC as he went to Kentucky to spend the first three years as the Wildcats’ quarterbacks coach, before taking over as offensive coordinator from 2009-12. In Lexington, Sanders developed Andre’ Woodson into one of the top quarterbacks in the nation. Woodson led the SEC in passing yards, total offense and touchdown passes, including a SEC record 40 in 2007. Woodson went on to be drafted by the New York Giants. During Sanders’ tenure, Kentucky won three straight bowl games for the first time in school history.
Sanders enjoyed one of the most successful five-year stretches in Florida State history. Since his arrival in 2013, Florida State totaled 53 wins, two ACC titles, won the 2013 National Championship and he coached a Heisman Trophy-winning quarterback. In his first year at Florida State, Sanders led Jameis Winston to become the youngest players to win a Heisman Trophy in 2013, the same season he also led the Seminoles to a 14-0 record and a national championship. In 2013, Florida State set the national record for points in a season with 723, led the nation with a passing efficiency mark of 174.69, and set school and ACC marks with 7,267 yards of total offense, 51.6 points per game, 94 touchdowns, and 7.67 yards per play. Winston set the national record for touchdown passes by a freshman with 40, had seven 300-yard games and 11 consecutive games scoring 40-plus points.
After the 2014 season, where Florida State started the year 13-0 and earned a spot in the inaugural College Football Playoff, Winston became the first Seminole player to be taken No. 1 overall in the NFL Draft. Despite losing nearly all of their offensive production to the NFL draft in 2015, Sanders’ offense remained atop the ACC in offense the next year as Dalvin Cook set school records in rushing (1,691) and all-purpose yards (1,935) on his way to earning All-American honors. In 2017, Cook was drafted by the Minnesota Vikings.
Sanders earned four varsity letters and was a four-year member of the SEC Academic Honor Roll at Tennessee. He stayed at Tennessee after graduating and started his coaching career as the Vols’ quarterbacks coach in 1989 and 1990 under head coach Johnny Majors. The Morristown, Tenn. native became a full-time assistant coach in 1991, where he worked with the wide receivers, while Phillip Fulmer named Sanders the recruiting coordinator and running backs coach in 1993. Sanders remained in that role until 1998 when he took over as Tennessee’s offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach.
Sanders and his wife, Cathy, have two daughters, Kelly and Kari.
What others are saying about Coach Randy Sanders…
Phillip Fulmer – Tennessee Athletic Director and College Hall of Fame head coach
Randy Sanders is as good a coach as I worked with during my 40 years of coaching. He is smart, tough, a great game planner, and at his best calling plays on game day. Randy is excellent at identifying and recruiting talent. He and Cathy are wonderful people and the people of East Tennessee will enjoy having them back home.
Peyton Manning – Former Tennessee Quarterback and Future NFL Hall of Famer
Coach Sanders was a strong early influence on me as a prospect and as a player in my years at Tennessee. With his football knowledge and abilities as a recruiter and leader, ETSU has a bright future both on and off the field.
Jameis Winston – Tampa Bay Buccaneers Quarterback
Coach Sanders work ethic, humility and preparation was a huge part to my success as a player. He never got too high or too low. His ability to stay calm and confident helped me tremendously at the quarterback position, but it also helped me grow as a young man. I’m am so thankful that I had a coach that was able to lead and coach me into a player that understood I must take advantage of every opportunity.
Mike Smith – Tampa Bay Buccaneers Defensive Coordinator and former ETSU player
Randy Sanders is a highly respected coach and an outstanding fit for ETSU. I look forward to supporting him and celebrating championship-level success in the future. Go Bucs!
David Cutcliffe – Duke football head coach
Randy Sanders had great football knowledge as a player, but more importantly he was a great leader and teammate. He was a great football coach from his first day on the job at Tennessee! He’s an outstanding man, friend, and person. Randy is one of the most respected teachers of quarterbacks in our game. He’s the perfect fit at ETSU. I’m excited for Randy, Cathy, and his family!

UAalum72
May 24th, 2018, 08:44 PM
http://www.albany.edu/Images/Header/University-at-Albany-logo.gif

Greg Gattuso

http://image.cdnllnwnl.xosnetwork.com/pics33/400/SN/SNWHPXGKMUNFMOP.20140814192717.jpg

Position: Head Coach
Alma Mater: Penn State
Graduating Year: 1983

Greg Gattuso enters his fifth season at the helm of the UAlbany football program in 2018.

As a defensive lineman at Penn State, Gattuso helped lead the Nittany Lions to a national title in 1982. In his first collegiate head-coaching role, Gattuso piloted Duquesne to a 97-32 record during his 12-season tenure, and while making three bowl appearances at Pittsburgh, he turned the defensive line into one of the best in the nation as an assistant head coach and hauled in a top-10 recruiting class.

Gattuso came to UAlbany after spending three seasons as a member Randy Edsall's University of Maryland coaching staff. There, he led the defensive line that ranked among the top in the ACC and was promoted to the position of assistant head coach in February 2012.

During his tenure with the Terrapins, Gattuso developed current New England Patriot Joe Vellano into an NFL-ready defensive lineman, as Vellano earned All-America and All-ACC honors. In addition, Gattuso tutored All-ACC defensive lineman A.J. Francis, who signed with the Miami Dolphins at the conclusion of his collegiate career.

Prior to Maryland, Gattuso spent six seasons at Pittsburgh (2005-10) where he turned the Panthers' defensive line into one of the team's major strengths. The line was one of the top sack producers in the nation, as Brandon Lindsey (10.0) and Jabaal Sheard (9.0) both ranked in the top 20 nationally in sacks during the 2010 regular season and Pittsburgh led the nation in that category in 2009 (3.6 per game). Gattuso developed three Big East Defensive Player of the Year winners, as Sheard received the honor in 2010, and defensive linemen Greg Romeus and Mick Williams shared the award in 2009.

Gattuso initially joined the Pitt staff as tight ends coach and recruiting coordinator in 2005. In his first season, he helped the Panthers sign a recruiting class rated 10th in the nation by Scout.com, 16th by ESPN.com and 21st by Rivals.com. He began coaching the defensive line in 2006 and was promoted to assistant head coach in 2008. Scout.com named Gattuso the Big East Recruiter of the Year in 2007. During his tenure, The Panthers logged a 26-12 overall record, a 15-6 mark in the Big East, and appeared in three bowl games.

Before Pitt, Gattuso had a successful 12-year stint (1993-2004) as head coach at Duquesne University where he built the Dukes into one of the most elite I-AA football programs in the nation. The winningest coach in school history, the Dukes went 97-32 (.752) under his direction, won eight Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference (MAAC) titles, made five bowl appearances, and captured the 2003 Mid-Major Division I-AA national championship.

Gattuso was an assistant coach at Duquesne in 1992 before taking over the head coaching post the following year.

From 1989-1991, he served as head coach at his high school alma mater, Seton-LaSalle. Taking over a team that went 6-34 during the four seasons prior to his arrival, Gattuso led the Rebels to a 28-10-1 mark (.731), including three WPIAL playoff berths, a WPIAL championship and Parkway Conference title.

During his playing career, Gattuso was named the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette's Class AA Player of the Year his senior season at Seton-LaSalle and was a two-time All-East defensive lineman at Penn State. He was a member of the Lions' 1982 national title team and graduated in 1983 with a bachelor's degree in administration and criminal justice.

Gattuso and his wife Colleen have two daughters, Jacqueline and Kaitlin.

NorthChuckSouth
May 24th, 2018, 10:59 PM
I have been waiting on this countdown since the end of the season!

http://www.csusports.com/sports/fball/2016-17/photos/0003/Tucker_Mark_headshot.jpg?max_width=160&max_height=210
Coach Mark Tucker

Tucker was an integral part of a staff that completely transformed CSU Football. CSU has won 35 games over the last four seasons, capturing a pair of Big South Conference championships and FCS playoff berths in the process. The Bucs advanced to the national quarterfinals in 2015 and have been ranked in the top-25 for 22 consecutive weeks dating back to that campaign. The program had been ranked just once in its first 22 years of existence.
http://www.csusports.com/sports/fball/coaches/5D1A6869105712_ad_hoc.jpg?max_height=411&max_width=439
Tucker's wealth of experience and depth of knowledge have been instrumental in CSU's growth. His quarterbacks have directed a CSU offense that has ranked among the nation's elite in rushing offense each of the last four years. He has developed consistent quarterback play with Shane Bucenell (http://www.csusports.com/sports/fball/2016-17/bios/bucenell_shane_y6rb), Austin Brown, Kyle Copeland (http://www.csusports.com/sports/fball/2016-17/bios/copeland_kyle_scz7), Malcolm Dixon, and Danny Croghan all making significant impacts.
Tucker made his mark again in 2016 as Bucenell excelled in a starting role as a redshirt freshman after the veteran Copeland suffered an early season-ending injury. CSU ranked sixth nationally in rushing on its way to a second straight Big South title and playoff berth with Bucenell at the reins of the offense. He was twice named the Big South Freshman of the Week and shined when the Bucs needed him most with a season-high four touchdown passes in the double overtime win at No. 14 Coastal Carolina. He added three touchdowns apiece in wins over Bucknell and Liberty in guiding the Bucs' to a Big South championship and a berth in the FCS Playoffs.
Under Tucker's tutleage, Brown earned second team All-Big South honors in 2015. Brown peaked at the right time to help lead CSU to an outright Big South Conference championship and the program's first-ever berth in the FCS Playoffs. He played one of the best halves of his career in the Bucs' win over top-ranked Coastal Carolina, and passed for a CSU career-best 301 yards in the triumph over Liberty.
Copeland also developed under Tucker's watch. He earned a start against ETSU and passed for a career-high 177 yards. He also started against Alabama, and played much of the FCS playoff quarterfinal game against top-seeded Jacksonville State, helping power the Bucs offense to 38 points.
Tucker helped lead a CSU offense that led the country in time of possession for a second straight season in 2014. He aided Brown in his acclimation to Jamey Chadwell's spread option offense. Brown grew in his feel for the offense and played some of his best football in CSU's three-game winning streak to end the Big South season. For the year, the UAB transfer threw for 1,848 yards and 11 touchdowns while also tallying 254 rushing yards and five more scores. Tucker also helped direct sophomore Croghan, who sparked the Bucs' offense in a reserve role, particularly in an overtime win at Charlotte.
Tucker's experience proved valuable for CSU in 2013, as the Bucs set a school record with 10 victories to earn a No. 22 final national ranking. Under Tucker, senior Dixon played the best football of his career to pace CSU to a 4-0 start. When Dixon went down with an injury during the fourth quarter of the Appalachian State game, Tucker was then able to mentor a pair of freshmen in Croghan and Copeland. The Bucs continued to win even without their veteran signal caller, as Croghan ran up a 5-1 record as a starter to earn Big South Offensive Freshman of the Year honors. Copeland too showed flashes of his potential, starting twice and rushing for 230 yards and three touchdowns.
Tucker, a Charleston native, coached former CSU head coach Jamey Chadwell at East Tennessee State and was an assistant at The Citadel in the 1990’s.
In his six seasons as an assistant at The Citadel, Tucker was a part of record-setting offenses for the Bulldogs. In his final season of 1996, he served as the offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach. Tucker is a former assistant at the two Southern Conference schools. Most recently, he spent four seasons at ETSU, where he coached the offensive line for one season and running backs and tight ends for two years.
Prior to being named offensive coordinator, he coached offensive skill players over a three-year stretch during some of the Bulldogs’ best seasons in school history. In 1994, The Citadel set the national rushing record with 382.6 yards per game, which led all divisions. He was also part of the Bulldogs squad that reached the I-AA Quarterfinals and won the Southern Conference Championship in 1992. That team was ranked No. 1 in the national poll during the season. He was also an assistant at The Citadel for one season in 1988, when the Bulldogs reached the I-AA Playoffs and were ranked 14th nationally.
Tucker has also served as head coach at Williamsburg Academy and Hargrave Military Academy.
Tucker was the head coach of the Mountain Empire Warriors, a semi-pro football team in the North American Football League. He led the Warriors to a 10-2 record and a Top-10 ranking out of 115 league teams. The Warriors were first in rushing yards at 273 per game and first in total defense and turnover margin.
Tucker played at ETSU from 1982-’86 and was a three-year letterman at quarterback.
Tucker is a 1987 graduate of ETSU and has five children, Emilee (Tucker) Howard (27), Ammanda (25), Andrew Joseph (24), step-son Garrett Duncan (22) and Alexis (21). He is married to the former Wendy Hatch.

mvemjsunpx
May 25th, 2018, 03:02 AM
Montana HC:

https://s31.postimg.cc/jv511vdsb/image_handler.jpg

Bobby Hauck
1st. Season (2nd. stint—8th. season total)
53 Years Old (54 @ season start)
Montana '88 (B.A.)
UCLA '91 (M.S.)
Big Timber, MT
Big Timber HS

Overall Record (total): 95-67 (.586)
Overall Record (@ UM): 80-17 (.825)
Big Sky Record: 47-6 (.887)
FCS Playoff Record: 11-7 (.611)

Coaching Experience

DB/DL - Montana (1988-89)
Grad Assistant - UCLA (1990-92)
OLB - Northern Arizona (1993-94)
S/OLB/ST Coordinator - Colorado (1995-98)
DB/ST Coordinator - Washington (1999-02)
Head Coach - Montana (2003-09)
Head Coach - UNLV (2010-14)
ST Coordinator/Associate HC - San Diego St. (2015-17)
Head Coach - Montana (2018-present)

ursus arctos horribilis
May 28th, 2018, 05:12 PM
Just wanted to let everyone know that you need to get your player posted up on the day their number is living it's roughly 24 hr. life as I will be closing (as I remember to) the previous threads. 30 days in we always have someone bump all old threads and flood the zone so this is sort of a necessity.

I am going to leave these first days open until tommorrow afternoon so if you have them and want to catch up this is your only opportunity. Tuesday around noon Mountain I will be closing these and it will continue each day that way.