PDA

View Full Version : Time for the 2018 LiveSTRONG / 24 Foundation solicitations to get cranked up!

FormerPokeCenter
May 19th, 2018, 11:29 PM
So, I've been uncharacteristically quiet on the cancer fundraising front this year.

Primarily that's because I've gotten a ton of new work in this year and I've been scrambling around like crazy. But, we're now approximately two months out from the ride, so I'm gonna pick up the pace a little!

Last year was our best year ever, with $10,585 raised directly for my ride and over $3K raised for Buck Ranson from AGSers.

You guys were fantstic with your generosity. Ursus, IBY, The Rev, Southern Bison, AG1 and a number of others went above and beyond the call of duty with their support. I didn't think we'd do that well, but you guys surprised the hell out of me.

Thank YOU!

This year, we're off to our best start, ever. But, I could still use y our help. We've raised more than $5K already, but the next big milestone is that we're closing in on $75K since we started this back in 2010.

Right now, we're just $1388 away from $75K. If we can get to $85K this year, that'll leave just $15K to raise next year as we try to come to a $100,000 total, cumulatively raised.

We're calling this "The Drive to Seventy Five!".

Any help you could provide in helping us to get there would be greatly appreciated!

https://events.24foundation.org/fundraiser/1233596

FormerPokeCenter
May 26th, 2018, 10:35 PM
Okay....so....we've generally done challenges each year to try to raise some money....I generally ride wearing different shirts from FCS schools if they raise more than $200. So far this year, I"m riding in shirts from NDSU. Northwestern State and Steven F. Austin, in addition to my McNeese Cowboys...

That's a pretty basic challenge...

So...it's been pointed out on some of the political threads that I'm not particularly kind and respectful to our more liberal friends in the threads..

Accordingly, in an effort to promote collegial relations AND to raise money, I propose a Liberal vs Conservative fundraising challenge.

We're two months out from the ride, exactly.

So...over the next two months if our liberal friends on this board raise $1,000.00 in aggregate, I'll be nice to the liberals on the threads for the next six months, with two caveats: If I'm attacked first, I get to respond to every OThER slight, without the gloves.

The second caveat is where it gets fun....If the Conservatives on the board raise $2500.00 BEFORE the liberals get to $1,000.00, I can continue interacting with liberals the way I always have.

The folks at Northwestern State will tell you that we did a similar thing over the first three years of the ride that involved me refraining from using my favorite perjorative term for them. In fact, it was so successful that they actually BOUGHT the right to use the word from me in 2013 and I haven't used it since.

Now, if neither goup gets to their Goal before we ride, then things stay as they are, except that I have to be nice to any liberal donating at least $100.00, for the next six months...

This could get fun ;)

If you donate, there's a message box on the donation page, Put the name of somebody you'd like for me to ride for, and then at the end, just put Liberal or Conservative, based on your personal affiliation. We'll tally them up and let the chips fall where they may ;)

You guys game??

Southern Bison
May 26th, 2018, 11:40 PM
Okay....so....we've generally done challenges each year to try to raise some money....I generally ride wearing different shirts from FCS schools if they raise more than $200. So far this year, I"m riding in shirts from NDSU. Northwestern State and Steven F. Austin, in addition to my McNeese Cowboys...

That's a pretty basic challenge...

So...it's been pointed out on some of the political threads that I'm not particularly kind and respectful to our more liberal friends in the threads..

Accordingly, in an effort to promote collegial relations AND to raise money, I propose a Liberal vs Conservative fundraising challenge.

We're two months out from the ride, exactly.

So...over the next two months if our liberal friends on this board raise $1,000.00 in aggregate, I'll be nice to the liberals on the threads for the next six months, with two caveats: If I'm attacked first, I get to respond to every OThER slight, without the gloves.

The second caveat is where it gets fun....If the Conservatives on the board raise $2500.00 BEFORE the liberals get to $1,000.00, I can continue interacting with liberals the way I always have.

The folks at Northwestern State will tell you that we did a similar thing over the first three years of the ride that involved me refraining from using my favorite perjorative term for them. In fact, it was so successful that they actually BOUGHT the right to use the word from me in 2013 and I haven't used it since.

Now, if neither goup gets to their Goal before we ride, then things stay as they are, except that I have to be nice to any liberal donating at least $100.00, for the next six months...

This could get fun ;)

If you donate, there's a message box on the donation page, Put the name of somebody you'd like for me to ride for, and then at the end, just put Liberal or Conservative, based on your personal affiliation. We'll tally them up and let the chips fall where they may ;)

You guys game??Does my earlier contribution count towards the good guys?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

BisonTru
May 26th, 2018, 11:58 PM
You just capped my donation at $99.99. :Dxdrunkyx

FormerPokeCenter
May 27th, 2018, 09:05 AM
Does my earlier contribution count towards the good guys?

It could, but The Rev gave an equal amount, that just means that they only have to raise $500 while conservatives still have to raise $2K..

So...I'm thinking that we oughta do "new" money ;)

FormerPokeCenter
May 27th, 2018, 09:28 AM
You just capped my donation at $99.99. :Dxdrunkyx

LOL! Perfect!

POD Knows
May 27th, 2018, 09:28 AM
Is anybody having trouble with the field on the donation site where you enter in the credit card #. All other fields will accept input but I cannot get my CC entered on the site. I have used both Chrome and IE on my laptop. Maybe I will try it with my phone.

TheRevSFA
May 27th, 2018, 09:30 AM
It could, but The Rev gave an equal amount, that just means that they only have to raise $500 while conservatives still have to raise $2K..

So...I'm thinking that we oughta do "new" money ;)

Who said I’m on a side, dick?

POD Knows
May 27th, 2018, 09:40 AM
OK, I am in, had to use my phone to get the donation to process, POS laptop.

FormerPokeCenter
May 27th, 2018, 09:50 AM
Who said I’m on a side, dick?

C'mon, we're trying to raise NEW money here! ;)

FormerPokeCenter
May 27th, 2018, 09:51 AM
And, thanks to POD Knows for his great donation to the cause! That's awesome!

So...I have a serious question here....just how many AGS posters ARE you related to?

I've always wanted to ask that. ;)

POD Knows
May 27th, 2018, 11:05 AM
And, thanks to POD Knows for his great donation to the cause! That's awesome!

So...I have a serious question here....just how many AGS posters ARE you related to?

I've always wanted to ask that. ;)If you are asking me, I am only related to one that I know of, BF02, there might be a couple guys on here from back home that might be shirt tail cousins.

FormerPokeCenter
May 27th, 2018, 11:12 AM
LOL...okay, just checking!

And, seriously, I really appreciate the donation to the cause!

You ROCK!

Bisonoline
May 27th, 2018, 02:09 PM
LOL! Perfect!

Let him know that when the money isnt in the bank they wont let you take anymore.:D

FormerPokeCenter
May 30th, 2018, 12:12 PM
Okay, so....since we started the Liberal vs Conservative Challenge, the conservatives have taken a $100 to Zero lead on the liberals.

The liberals have to get to $1000 before the Conservatives get to $2500 and I'll be nice to the liberals for six months...wait...scratch that...Let's up the ante...

I'll be nice to liberals for an entire year....with the caveat that I can reply in kind half the time if I'm attacked first ;)

Conservatives, you've got $2400 left to keep me outta uncharted terriotry. Liberals, you've got $1000 left to censor me for the next year.

Who's gonna donate next??? ;)

And, this is my second to last year to do Booty the way I currently do it. After next year, I'll still register and ride, but i'm working on trying something different and focusing less on the national charities and more on local fundraising. So...I won't be clogging up the bandwidth with fundraising solicitations after 2019.

Any help you guys could provide would be greatly appreciated!

FormerPokeCenter
May 30th, 2018, 04:38 PM
Thanks to Bisonoline's great donation, the score is now Conservatives $150. Liberals $0.00>

Pat, thanks for yet another great donation to the cause! I really appreciate it more than I can adequately express!

You ROCK!

Geaux Bison!

Southern Bison
May 30th, 2018, 06:53 PM

So...I'm thinking that we oughta do "new" money ;)There's no way SFA scored that many TDs...wait, nevermind...they play in the Southland.

TheRevSFA
May 30th, 2018, 07:04 PM
There's no way SFA scored that many TDs...wait, nevermind...they play in the Southland.

Nah I just gave 500 because I wanted to

FormerPokeCenter
May 30th, 2018, 08:41 PM
Speaking of which....and, yes, I realize I'm being a royal pain in the ass....but does that by chance qualify for Corporate Match??? ;)

TheRevSFA
May 30th, 2018, 08:57 PM
Speaking of which....and, yes, I realize I'm being a royal pain in the ass....but does that by chance qualify for Corporate Match??? ;)

I don’t know. I’d hate for my company to be assigned to a political view

FormerPokeCenter
May 30th, 2018, 09:04 PM
LOL, Touche!

But, since your donation was before the challenge, the match won't count as part of it ! ;)

FormerPokeCenter
May 30th, 2018, 09:06 PM
And, thanks to BisonTru for his great donation to the cause. This is the second year in a row that he's contributed, despite our political differences!

That's pretty awesome. Thanks for the great suport Tru!

You ROCK. Geaux Bison!

I actdually laughed out loud at the message he posted with the donation...

"Love to help a liberal cause. Great work by Jay and his progressive work."

For those of you keeping score at home, it's now Conservatives $150, Liberals $100.00

BisonTru
May 30th, 2018, 09:14 PM
Some housekeeping it was $99.99.

Btw, I've donated at least three years. Two years ago I bought you the Hillary shirt.

FormerPokeCenter
May 30th, 2018, 09:31 PM
****....that's right...MY BAD...

Three years! I wore the Hillary Shirt last year, so that's where I got confused!

FormerPokeCenter
June 3rd, 2018, 01:08 PM
So....we're just $64 away from cresting $6,000 this year...and $479 away from hitting $75,000 since we started this in 2010.

Who wants the kill shot on $6K??

Or, even better, the kill shot on $75K??

We're trying to get to as close to $85k as we can this year, setting the stage for hitting $100K at the end of next year. Right now, we're averaging about $8400 a year, but we've got a lot of fundraising left to do this year, before we come up with a final average!

FormerPokeCenter
June 3rd, 2018, 05:57 PM
Huge thanks to CX$00D for taking the Kill Shot on $6K this year.....that was awesome! That's the fastest start we've ever had. Last year, our best year ever, we were still somewhere around $5K in the first part of July...

So, you guys are on Fire! Thanks for the support!

CX500D, I really appreciate the help getting over $6K! That was awesome!

You ROCK!

FormerPokeCenter
June 3rd, 2018, 06:00 PM
For those keeping track at home.....it's now Conservatives $250.00, Liberals $99.00....

I went back and looked at BisonTru's donation, and - sure enough - it was $00.01 less. I see the raw amounts when they come across, and since Booty gives donors the option of covering the cost of the admin fees, etc., the donations are always a little higher, so they're never $100.00 even, or whatever, it's generally $102.45, or somethign like that.....

Sure enough, BisonTrus's donation was .01 less than the others in the $100 range, LOL!

This means we're keeping the gloves off! ;)

FormerPokeCenter
June 4th, 2018, 11:09 AM
So....$75,000.00 is now just $376 away....

It wouldn't take but a few donations to get there....

Who wants to take the kill shot on $75,000??? ;)

FormerPokeCenter
June 5th, 2018, 06:51 PM
So now the $75K barrier is only $176 away....that kill shot's sitting there within easy reach!

FormerPokeCenter
June 9th, 2018, 05:52 PM
Thanks to all the donors so far. The $75K barrier got broken a couple of days ago. Several of you guys have been instrumental in that!

Now, I gotta ramp up riding and fundraising to try to get to $85K before we ride. If I can do that, or get close, it sets the stage for the possibility of raising 100K in 10 years.

Thanks for all the fantastic help guys! You all rock!

Thanks to The Rev and Ursus for really getting things started on this board back in 2012, and thanks to AlphaGriz, IBY and Southern Bison for making a ****load of donations that went above and beyond the call of duty...

You can help us push the total higher by following this link!

FormerPokeCenter
June 25th, 2018, 10:58 PM
So, we're about five weeks out from the 24HOB and the fundraising's stalled a little. I could really use the help in getting back in the groove..

No donation is too small and they're all desperatedly needed, greatly appreciated and tax deductible.

Any help you guys could provide would be awesome!

FormerPokeCenter
June 26th, 2018, 10:01 AM
Huge Thanks to Winterborn, for his FANTASTIC donation to the cause! That breaks me out of a little fundraising slump!

And, chalk up another NDSU donation to the cause!

Winterborn, thank you for the absolutely great support!

You ROCK!

Geaux Bison!

Winterborn
June 26th, 2018, 11:25 AM
Huge Thanks to Winterborn, for his FANTASTIC donation to the cause! That breaks me out of a little fundraising slump!

And, chalk up another NDSU donation to the cause!

Winterborn, thank you for the absolutely great support!

You ROCK!

Geaux Bison!

Glad to assist. Cancer sucks! xthumbsupx

FormerPokeCenter
June 27th, 2018, 05:50 PM
So thanks to another donation from a Great AGSer...McNeese72, one of the original donors to the ride, we've crested the $7K mark this year.

A little over a month to go....

No donation is too small. They're all desperatley needed, greatly appreciated and totally tax deductible!

saxbison
June 27th, 2018, 08:08 PM
So thanks to another donation from a Great AGSer...McNeese72, one of the original donors to the ride, we've crested the $7K mark this year.

No donation is too small. They're all desperatley needed, greatly appreciated and totally tax deductible!

Shoot. I tried to donate, but I left my credit card and wallet at work. I'll hit you up tomorrow FPC.

TheKingpin28
June 27th, 2018, 08:23 PM

No donation is too small. They're all desperatley needed, greatly appreciated and totally tax deductible!I get paid Friday. I will help you out. Cancer blows.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

FormerPokeCenter
June 27th, 2018, 08:24 PM
Shoot. I tried to donate, but I left my credit card and wallet at work. I'll hit you up tomorrow FPC.

Awesome!

FormerPokeCenter
June 27th, 2018, 08:24 PM
I get paid Friday. I will help you out. Cancer blows.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

Excellent!

SU DOG
June 28th, 2018, 11:35 AM
I've just donated - still am so thankful for the way you spot-lighted one of our Samford Players a few years ago. Hope you far exceed all of your goals, and wish I could give lots more. It is so good that folks like yourself will actually do something like this for such a worthy cause rather than just read about it like me and most others.

ursus arctos horribilis
June 28th, 2018, 12:40 PM
FPC, keep the countdown coming. I'll be jumping in soon on this round.

FormerPokeCenter
June 28th, 2018, 12:42 PM
I've just donated - still am so thankful for the way you spot-lighted one of our Samford Players a few years ago. Hope you far exceed all of your goals, and wish I could give lots more. It is so good that folks like yourself will actually do something like this for such a worthy cause rather than just read about it like me and most others.

Lynn, thank you so much for the great donation! What I do is the easy part. I play on social media and I ride a bike a little.

Guys like you are doing all the heavy lifting, by donating to the ride.

Without you guys, I'd just be spinning my wheels! ;)

Seriously, thank you for the fantastic support! You ROCK!

Geaux Bulldogs!

FormerPokeCenter
June 28th, 2018, 12:55 PM
FPC, keep the countdown coming. I'll be jumping in soon on this round.

Awesome! You guys rock!

FormerPokeCenter
July 1st, 2018, 07:36 PM
So now we're into the last four weeks of fundraising. I had a couple of great donations this weekend, which gets us to 8th Place in Individual Fundraising, just $150 out of 7th, and about $1500 out of 5th. We're about $2300 away from hitting $10K

Thanks in large part to the fantastic generosity on this board, we've finished in the top 10 in Charlotte before, which is DAMNED hard to do, but we've never had a top Five finish there.

I'm continuing to push on Facebook and in e-mail, but any help would be GREATLY appreciated. No donation is too small and they're all tax deductible!

A top five finish in Charlotte would be awesome. We finished second in Atlanta like four years in a row, and if we'd have entered either Indianapolis or Baltimore, we'd take the top spot. But, if you're gonna go for the gusto, you might as well go head to head with the big boys, right?

A top ten in Charlotte would beat a win in one of the other cities...so...

I need more of your help to go toe to toe with the major fundraisers in Charlotte!

No amount's too small and they're all tax deductible!

FormerPokeCenter
July 2nd, 2018, 02:40 PM
So after a few more great donations, we're now up to 7th place and just $350 away from creshing $8K for the 8th consecutive year, which is pretty freaking awesome. We've been over $10K twice, over $9K twice and over $8k three other times. It remains to be seen where we finish this year, but I'm shooting for something over $10K.

But, to do that, i need your help! ;)

No donation is too small. They're all desperately needed and greatly apprecaited. Best of all, they're tax deductible!

FormerPokeCenter
July 9th, 2018, 06:07 AM
We're getting down to the wire!

Just three weeks to go till we roll in Charlotte in the 2018 edition of the 24 Hours of Booty. Right now, we're just $200 away from cresting $8K for what's hopefully going to be the 8th year in a row and we've still go time to get to $10K again this year.

Right now, we're in 7th place, with legitimate shots at moving up to 6th or even 5th place. Getting into the top 4 is going to be tall order, but it's not impossible.

Who wants the kill shot on the 8th Time we've gone over $8K??

It's right there, waiting to be had!

FormerPokeCenter
July 11th, 2018, 02:24 PM
So this came in today....Note the name, LOL.

Many thanks to Derby City Duke, for getting the jersey. That's awesome! The name on the back was a great touch, as was using my old McNeese number!

Thanks, Ken. That's awesome! I'm honored to ride for you at the 24HOB.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=28047&stc=1
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=28048&stc=1

FormerPokeCenter
July 11th, 2018, 02:38 PM
And, for you guys keeping score at home, we're at nearly $8300 right now, and we're shooting for at least $10K this year.

My donors have us currently holding down 7th, overall, just $344 out of 6th place. A top five finish isn't impossible, but it's damned hard, so any and all donations are greatly appreciated!

And, we're about $3200 away from having raised $80,000 since we started this 9 years ago.

You guys have been awesome about helping support the cause and I hope you'll continue to do so over the next three weeks!

FormerPokeCenter
July 15th, 2018, 12:45 PM
So...we're 12 days out...and we're $1634 away from hitting $10K.

It looks like there's some corporate match out there that'll hopefull hit before the ride...and there are some verbal pledges that are still out there...if those hit, it looks like we'll only be about $600 away from cresting $10K...so...

if you've ever thought about donating to the ride, I could really use the help getting over that last $600 hump!

No donation is too small and they all add up!

A few donations here and there and we'll be in business at $10K for the second consecutive year!

FormerPokeCenter
July 15th, 2018, 05:49 PM
So I just got a great donation from a name I don't recognize, so I'm assuming it's from somebody on AGS. I did a quick search on Facebook and somebody with the same name lives in Billings, Montana...so...

I'd love to thank the donor, but I don't wanna out them by using their real name. Anybody wanna claim it??

Southern Bison
July 16th, 2018, 06:28 AM
So I just got a great donation from a name I don't recognize, so I'm assuming it's from somebody on AGS. I did a quick search on Facebook and somebody with the same name lives in Billings, Montana...so...

I'd love to thank the donor, but I don't wanna out them by using their real name. Anybody wanna claim it??That's Upstate Bison. You met him at last year's 24HOB.

FormerPokeCenter
July 16th, 2018, 07:57 AM
Gotcha! I thought that mighta been him...the new email system from Booty gives far less data than the old one did...I used to be able to figure out who was who prety easily...

Huge thanks to Upstate Bison for his great donation! I really appreciate it!

You ROCK, Upstate!

Geaux Bison!

FormerPokeCenter
July 17th, 2018, 06:57 AM
So...thanks to a couple more great donations, we're just $171 away from cresting $9K....

Who wants the kill shot on $9000.00?