PDA

View Full Version : Charleston Southern hires new AD

NorthChuckSouth
May 17th, 2018, 04:39 PM
http://www.csusports.com/general/2017-18/releases/20180517lnqgtt

"Charleston Southern University introduced Jeff Barber as the school's new Athletic Director on Thursday afternoon at the Buccaneer Field House. Barber, who spent a decade as an administrator at the University of South Carolina and another 11 years as athletic director at Liberty University, becomes the third A.D. in CSU history. He will assume his duties on June 1."

"This is a huge win for Charleston Southern. To attract an individual with the experience, professionalism and leadership ability of Jeff Barber is a game-changer. I know from personal experience what Jeff's vision can do to transform an athletic program. We will see that at Charleston Southern. Additionally, he will be a tremendous asset to the Big South as he understands the big picture and is a consummate team player. We are thrilled to welcome Jeff back to the Big South!" – Big South Commissioner Kyle Kallander.

Listening to the press conference really had me optimisitc for the future. He came from Liberty and was a big part of their football stadium and basketball arena. I'm excited for the future of this school and program. Sounds like he is really determined to bring us up to speed, which is much much overdue.

DFW HOYA
May 17th, 2018, 07:25 PM
Barber, who spent a decade as an administrator at the University of South Carolina and another 11 years as athletic director at Liberty University, becomes the third A.D. in CSU history.

Don't the athletic directors from Baptist College count on the list?