PDA

View Full Version : Elon Message Board

elonphan
March 5th, 2007, 05:05 PM
I recently returned from vacation and cannot access the Elon message board. Has anyone trying to access the Elon forum had a similar problem?

Mountaineer
March 5th, 2007, 05:08 PM
I recently returned from vacation and cannot access the Elon message board. Has anyone trying to access the Elon forum had a similar problem?

Elonfans.com? All I'm getting is a blank white page. Sorry dude. :(

March 5th, 2007, 05:14 PM
I recently returned from vacation and cannot access the Elon message board. Has anyone trying to access the Elon forum had a similar problem?<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<HTML>
<HEAD><META http-equiv=Content-Type content="text/html; charset=utf-8"></HEAD>
<BODY></BODY>
</HTML>

bobbythekidd
March 5th, 2007, 06:11 PM
I heard, I think here but it might have been on TSC, that the admin on that site was sick of all the whining and was going to shut it down for a while.

Eyes of Old Main
March 5th, 2007, 07:00 PM
the admin on that site was sick of all the whining and was going to shut it down for a while.

I thought whining was a time honored tradition of all message boards and forums.

euphoenix99
March 5th, 2007, 07:57 PM
The moderator has decided to take down the site indefinitely. It appears to be as a result of a bad basketball season and ultimately a baseball loss to High Point seemed to turn the world upside down. Overall, very dissappointing in that it was a well designed message board and pretty active, but I can only assume he was fed up. Hopefully he'll come around or hand it off to someone else, otherwise we'll need to start anew.

Go Phoenix!

elonphan
March 5th, 2007, 09:23 PM
Thanks for the information. I hope it can be restarted. Judging by the activity, I think quite a few Elon fans enjoyed the opportunity to discuss the ups and downs of the various sports.

ngineer
March 5th, 2007, 09:53 PM
And here I thought it was another "Lembo Conspiracy"....:rolleyes: :D

Coastal89
March 5th, 2007, 10:03 PM
:lmao: :lmao: OMG!! You guys lost to High Point?:lmao: :lmao:

JK

The Cats
March 5th, 2007, 11:25 PM
The moderator has decided to take down the site indefinitely. It appears to be as a result of a bad basketball season and ultimately a baseball loss to High Point seemed to turn the world upside down. Overall, very dissappointing in that it was a well designed message board and pretty active, but I can only assume he was fed up. Hopefully he'll come around or hand it off to someone else, otherwise we'll need to start anew.

Go Phoenix!

not pluging the new site, but Elon does have a new board up.

"Due to some recent issues a new elon message board has been created. This board is in no related to or agins elonfans. This was created to give other opstions. #1 rule is no personal attack, so keep it clean. Feel free to come and visit or join. Its a free site and im still learning the ropes so bare with me. Any suggestions on running a message board are also welcome"

The site is
http://elonphans.proboards106.com/index.cgi

March 5th, 2007, 11:45 PM
There's a new ELON BOARD AT

http://elonphans.proboards106.com

???????? Cool!

chattanoogamocs
March 6th, 2007, 01:08 AM
The sad irony was that Adam (the moderator) threatened to take his ball and go home (on a number of occasions) due to all the whining, complaining, and negativity...yet he was one of the most negative posters on his board (by the end of the year, he was absolutely trashing the basketball program).

Oh well...kudos to whoever put up the new board...I will make sure to change the links on mocfans so our posters will know where to go.

euphoenix99
March 6th, 2007, 08:24 AM
Thanks guys. Great news to see another site already up. As great as the other site was it was a ticking time bomb for nearly a year.

Go Phoenix!

SoCon48
March 7th, 2007, 02:24 AM
Thanks for the information. I hope it can be restarted. Judging by the activity, I think quite a few Elon fans enjoyed the opportunity to discuss the ups and downs of the various sports.

You're right, at least 3 or 4. :D

SoCon48
March 7th, 2007, 02:25 AM
The sad irony was that Adam (the moderator) threatened to take his ball and go home (on a number of occasions) due to all the whining, complaining, and negativity...yet he was one of the most negative posters on his board (by the end of the year, he was absolutely trashing the basketball program).

Oh well...kudos to whoever put up the new board...I will make sure to change the links on mocfans so our posters will know where to go.

A-M-E-N!

gophoenix
March 29th, 2007, 09:27 PM
I've got a database corruption problem and have been out of the country for a month. No time to put it back up especially when the backups are back in the states. Good to see someone else take the reigns no doubt though. Running one can not only be trying but also time consuming.

And come on, don't single me out about basketball. I wasn't the only one trashing the program. I mean, we weren't even competitive with The Citadel. :)

And you're right, I was one of the negative guys. The glass is continuously half empty with me, and I'll be the first to say that. I have very high expectations of the program. And so far, the administrators and teams have continuously let the fans down on the athletics side of the coin. On the academic side of athletics, we're doing a great job. Maybe you can't have both at Elon, but there is no reason we can't expect it.