PDA

View Full Version : Gateway teams, let NDSU IN!!!!

LakesBison
March 3rd, 2007, 10:22 AM
Ok Frustration is rearing it's ugly head.

Why oh WHY hasn't NDSU/SDSU been officially invited yet?

They had the Feb 19th meeting and now talked yesterday during the MVC basketball tourney.

What Gives, Please fill me in Gateway fans!! what are you hearing??

Why are some universities hesistant to let NDSU in? you make 1 trip a year to the Dakota's BIG DEAL!! we'll send some booster charter planes for you if you need them, geez!!

NDSU motto: bring on the competition!!! whats the Gateway's??

89rabbit
March 3rd, 2007, 10:40 AM
They will not announce anything until after the Missouri Valley Basketball Tournament is over. They are not going to take the focus off "Arch Madness”, be patient.

MplsBison
March 3rd, 2007, 10:56 AM
Next week sometimes around Tues would be my guess.

I'm thinking NDSU and SDSU are invited to join.

TexasTerror
March 3rd, 2007, 11:09 AM
I'm thinking NDSU and SDSU are invited to join.

As long as NDSU holds to our home-and-home deal, they can be invited to join the SoCon or MAAC for all I care! :thumbsup:

NDSUFREAK
March 3rd, 2007, 11:27 AM
As long as NDSU holds to our home-and-home deal, they can be invited to join the SoCon or MAAC for all I care! :thumbsup:

We'll hold on to the contract!

MplsBison
March 3rd, 2007, 11:32 AM

Seeing how it's the 3rd week in Sept, IE not during any conference schedule, it shouldn't be a problem.

We're not Montana or Montana State. We're not going to back out of our end.

elkmcc
March 3rd, 2007, 12:33 PM
Ok Frustration is rearing it's ugly head.

Why oh WHY hasn't NDSU/SDSU been officially invited yet?

They had the Feb 19th meeting and now talked yesterday during the MVC basketball tourney.

What Gives, Please fill me in Gateway fans!! what are you hearing??

Why are some universities hesistant to let NDSU in? you make 1 trip a year to the Dakota's BIG DEAL!! we'll send some booster charter planes for you if you need them, geez!!

NDSU motto: bring on the competition!!! whats the Gateway's??

Maybe, just maybe, it has something to do with Mplsbison (and other NDSU tearjerkers) and his incessant whinning about a program that doesn't want to play house with him. If I were considering adding a program I would certainly be hesitant to add a bunch of cry baby whiny asses to my conference. Just a thought kids.:eyebrow:

X-Factor
March 3rd, 2007, 01:31 PM

there wont be a problem. As far as road trips are concerned, Texas is the place NDSU wants to be (recruiting). No way they buy out any contract.

But if NDSU gets into the Gateway it looks like we could possibly have 12 games for 2008 already(2008 can schedule 12). SHSU on the road, Montana St and Georgia Southern at the Dome, 8 Gateway games, and a BCS game Gene Taylor hinted at but has not been anounced yet. Now THAT would be a heck of a schedule.

AZGrizFan
March 3rd, 2007, 01:32 PM
Seeing how it's the 3rd week in Sept, IE not during any conference schedule, it shouldn't be a problem.

We're not Montana or Montana State. We're not going to back out of our end.

God, I can't wait until it inevitably happens to "holier than thou"' NDSU. I will be back here in size 7 type to rub it in your pompous faces.

FlyYtown
March 3rd, 2007, 02:23 PM
ndsu-sdsu are going to join. there is no doubt in my mind.

PantherRob82
March 3rd, 2007, 02:35 PM
I've heard rumors we may play them both next year. SDSU is already on the schedule...

griz&beer
March 3rd, 2007, 02:49 PM
I hope NDSU & SDSU don't get let in. That would be better for FCS football. The great west would die.

BearsCountry
March 3rd, 2007, 03:01 PM
I hope NDSU & SDSU don't get let in. That would be better for FCS football. The great west would die.

No the Great West will get North Dakota and South Dakota.

NDSUFREAK
March 3rd, 2007, 03:07 PM
No the Great West will get North Dakota and South Dakota.

....exactly....the Great West would then die.xlolx xlolx

bisonguy
March 3rd, 2007, 03:13 PM
Maybe, just maybe, it has something to do with Mplsbison (and other NDSU tearjerkers) and his incessant whinning about a program that doesn't want to play house with him. If I were considering adding a program I would certainly be hesitant to add a bunch of cry baby whiny asses to my conference. Just a thought kids.:eyebrow:

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray:

JBB
March 3rd, 2007, 03:41 PM

We will hold TexasTerror. Im sure we want to go down there and play. We have a long Texas tradition going all the way back to Mcallen and the Pecan Bowl thing, where they played for the "Small College" championship.

Do we even have a buyout?

It might even go back further, but I think it goes back to 1966. Strong ties with Texas. We used to have great games with TAMUK. they always drew well in Fargo. Thats Why I think you guys will draw well. If it works out we might each have a reliable, profitable opponent to book from time to time?

On the Gateway thing, I hope we hear next week. That would make sense. A couple of weeks to make a decision like this isnt unreasonable. The Commissioner is working hard and you have to believe she is trying to get it done. She was generous with her comments about the Land Grants and left me with a clear impression she was in favor of inviting us.

I hope its just a matter of price?

MplsBison
March 3rd, 2007, 04:32 PM
God, I can't wait until it inevitably happens to "holier than thou"' NDSU.

Never has, never will.

We have something called "class".

MplsBison
March 3rd, 2007, 04:33 PM
I've heard rumors we may play them both next year. SDSU is already on the schedule...

Can't happen, our open dates are Nov 3 and Sept 1.

AZGrizFan
March 3rd, 2007, 05:23 PM
Never has, never will.

Remember that statement. Because I sure will. Just wondering if your yellow ass will be around here when it does happen. xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx

BigApp
March 3rd, 2007, 06:10 PM
you got that right. The business side of things has a way of rearing it's ugly head from time to time.

BearsCountry
March 3rd, 2007, 07:12 PM
Buyouts happen, especially at our level. Wait till your payday game screws you over.

BisonBacker
March 4th, 2007, 12:06 AM
Never has, never will.

Class involves not constantly bringing it up at every opportunity. Class means taking the high road. Yeah it sucked but it's life so lets let it go. Not every Griz or Cat fan is responsible, actually none of them are.xcoffeex

AZGrizFan
March 4th, 2007, 12:27 AM
Class involves not constantly bringing it up at every opportunity. Class means taking the high road. Yeah it sucked but it's life so lets let it go. Not every Griz or Cat fan is responsible, actually none of them are.xcoffeex

:hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray::bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Longnecker
March 4th, 2007, 09:02 AM
For NDSU/SDSU Fans: There is an old saying, "be careful what you wish for". The Gateway is a weekly dog-eat-dog conference. There really are no easy teams. Good luck to both schools, but remember you may get what you wished for (smile).

MplsBison
March 4th, 2007, 09:05 AM
I hope so.

bcrawf
March 4th, 2007, 10:28 AM
Can't happen, our open dates are Nov 3 and Sept 1.

We have November 3 too. We were supposed to play Western Kentucky that day...:D

BisBison
March 4th, 2007, 10:44 AM

Was your game with Western a home or away game? I think with only 4 home games on our schedule and 6 road games already we'd only be interested in a home game at this point.

MplsBison
March 4th, 2007, 10:46 AM
http://www.panthernation.com/showthread.php?t=5713

Nov. 3 at Missouri State Springfield, MO 1:05PM

Also confirmed here:

http://www.missouristatebears.com/SportSelect.dbml?SPSID=59346&SPID=6495&DB_OEM_ID=13800&KEY=&Q_SEASON=2007

LakesBison
March 4th, 2007, 10:09 PM
Well... Ill stay away from the Montana trashing. (already beat them as a D2, can't be that hard as a FBS team. oh, wait, they WONT play us!)

and Montana State buys us off.

Back to topic.............. Gateway really needs to step up to the plate this week and finalize this.

Leatherneck= Bring on the competition, we aint afraid of ANY team. Minnesota, Iowa State, Nebraska, Wyoming, "who's next??:"

igo4uni
March 4th, 2007, 10:20 PM
Leatherneck= Bring on the competition, we aint afraid of ANY team. Iowa State,

No one is afraid of Iowa State!!!!!!!!!!:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :D :D :D :D :D :D :) :) :) :) :rotateh: :rotateh: :rotateh: :rotateh: :rotateh: xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod:

AZGrizFan
March 4th, 2007, 10:39 PM
For NDSU/SDSU Fans: There is an old saying, "be careful what you wish for". The Gateway is a weekly dog-eat-dog conference. There really are no easy teams. Good luck to both schools, but remember you may get what you wished for (smile).

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Yeah. I'm sure Western Illinois, Missouri State and Indiana State all would have gone 9-2 or 10-1 in any OTHER conference. It's just the poor misfortune of having to play in the FCS equivalent of the SEC that makes their records suck so bad. :rotateh: :rotateh: :rotateh: :rotateh: :rotateh: :rotateh: :rotateh:

Tod
March 5th, 2007, 02:23 AM
Well... Ill stay away from the Montana trashing. (already beat them as a D2, can't be that hard as a FBS team. oh, wait, they WONT play us!)

and Montana State buys us off.

Back to topic.............. Gateway really needs to step up to the plate this week and finalize this.

Leatherneck= Bring on the competition, we aint afraid of ANY team. Minnesota, Iowa State, Nebraska, Wyoming, "who's next??:"

A lie in your first sentence. :nonono2: :nonono2: :nonono2:

LakesBison
March 6th, 2007, 01:29 AM
ha ha.. yea.. you got me!!

I still haven't got any answers from GATEWAY member chatters..

what gives guys!??? get us in the gateway.