PDA

View Full Version : SoCon TV

Eagle_77
July 22nd, 2005, 01:27 PM
Here is something that is pretty neat. I was wondering if any other leauges have something similar. I know its not a National television deal but hey its a start.

http://www.soconsports.com/article.asp?articleid=71127

SPARTANBURG, SC -- The Southern Conference announced today that it is partnering with XOS Technologies to offer a new premium content web site at www.SoCon.TV. The web site will feature streaming video of Southern Conference athletic events and will be available on a subscription basis. The conference’s web site SoConSports.Com will remain as the league’s internet source for free content including breaking news, scores, standings and statistics.

eaglesrthe1
July 22nd, 2005, 02:02 PM
I wonder how the existing TV rights contracts will play into the availability of football to be shown here?

ccujacket
July 22nd, 2005, 02:10 PM
Apparently we'll be having it as well this year: http://bigsouthsports.com/ check the Big South Edge. I'm not sure that there is near enough of a demand for the Big South to have this technology.

Using the same company as well.

rokamortis
July 22nd, 2005, 02:54 PM
Here is something that is pretty neat. I was wondering if any other leauges have something similar. I know its not a National television deal but hey its a start.

I think it is great. Hopefully the Big South's version is as good as what yours appears to be.

I wonder how existing TV rights contracts will play into the availability of football to be shown here?

Hopefully the league was smart enough to retain the rights for at least internet re-broadcast if not for live as well.

rokamortis
July 22nd, 2005, 03:33 PM
Also, please let us know when pricing is available.

A service like this is great not only for fans from the conference, but for fans from other conferences that are interested in these games. i just hope it is reasonably priced.

eaglesrthe1
July 22nd, 2005, 03:47 PM
Also, please let us know when pricing is available.

A service like this is great not only for fans from the conference, but for fans from other conferences that are interested in these games. i just hope it is reasonably priced.

Good point. I have viewed more than one of the Griz games on the net. With the time difference, I could often go and see the Eagles play in person, and then come home and watch the Griz game on the internet. I always wished that GSU would do this. Maybe this will be a start.

Bogus Megapardus
July 12th, 2012, 10:06 PM
Very Nice! It's similar to Patriot League All-Access:

http://www.patriotleague.org/allaccess/

For the vast majority of games, PL All-Access supplements the television broadcasts, even when ESPN3 picks up the games as well. I guess it's all a matter of how you work it out beforehand. There's a lot of replays and special features in there as well. Many PL fans subscribe and take advantage of the features. Tons of content, including some (limited) free content that doesn't even require a subscription, such as Colgate's Peter Baum accepting the Tewaaraton Award in lacrosse - equivalent to the Heisman!

ursus arctos horribilis
July 12th, 2012, 10:11 PM
Very Nice! It's similar to Patriot League All-Access:

http://www.patriotleague.org/allaccess/

For the vast majority of games, PL All-Access supplements the television broadcasts, even when ESPN3 picks up the games as well. I guess it's all a matter of how you work it out beforehand. There's a lot of replays and special features in there as well. Many PL fans subscribe and take advantage of the features. Tons of content, including some (limited) free content that doesn't even require a subscription, such as Colgate's Peter Baum winning the Tewaaraton Award in lacrosse.

A spammer bumped this from years back Bog.

Bogus Megapardus
July 12th, 2012, 10:15 PM
I see that now. Sorry. Why not delete the whole thread?

ursus arctos horribilis
July 12th, 2012, 10:25 PM
I see that now. Sorry. Why not delete the whole thread?

I don't delete old threads. When I get around to it I will archive them properly but it isn't right now.

Bogus Megapardus
July 12th, 2012, 10:34 PM
I don't delete old threads. When I get around to it I will archive them properly but it isn't right now.

Understood. So stands my shameless, unabashed promotion of the unequaled experience that is Patriot League football. :D

ursus arctos horribilis
July 12th, 2012, 11:57 PM
Understood. So stands my shameless, unabashed promotion of the unequaled experience that is Patriot League football. :D

Trudat holmes. Bigskytv is pretty up there as well.