PDA

View Full Version : Top Ten Best Returning Players 2018

nodak651
April 19th, 2018, 12:08 PM
Off season is killing me and I don't know many names going into next year. This is best players, not necessarily who will be an All American. The difference is that some players have to share snaps or aren't in the best system to boost stats.

Only names I can really think of are maybe Santiago and maybe Easton Stick? NAU still have their stud QB? Let's see some names positions and school.

RichH2
April 19th, 2018, 12:26 PM
Dom Bragalone. HB 5'11 230. Lehigh
Brad Mayes. QB. 6'2 220. Lehigh

MR. CHICKEN
April 19th, 2018, 12:38 PM
Off season is killing me and I don't know many names going into next year. This is best players, not necessarily who will be an All American. The difference is that some players have to share snaps or aren't in the best system to boost stats.

Only names I can really think of are maybe Santiago and maybe Easton Stick? NAU still have their stud QB? Let's see some names positions and school.

.......SEARCH ENGINE....DOWN FO' REPAIR...xconfusedx......COOKUS IS UH JUNIOR.....xsighx......AWK!

Sammy94
April 19th, 2018, 01:06 PM
WR- Nathan Stewart and Davion Davis - SHSU

TheKingpin28
April 19th, 2018, 01:11 PM
For NDSU, I'd put forward:

Easton Stick (QB)
Jabril Cox (LB)
Dillion Radunz (LT)
Ty Brooks (RB)

Those would be the guys who are difference makers but if I had to choose one, I'd Cox as I can see him being the next Buchanan winner for NDSU if he continues on his current trajectory.

Anthony215
April 19th, 2018, 01:19 PM
Nova

Rob Rolle Sr. S

Maine

Chris Fergueson So. QB

Delaware

Joe Walker Sr. WR/Athlete
Coby Reeder So. LB
Troy Reeder Sr. LB

JMUNJ08
April 19th, 2018, 01:22 PM
JMU has a few (I will try not to list the whole team but will miss a few xthumbsupx)
- Rashard Robinson (CB)
- Jimmy F'N Mooreland (CB)
- Cardon Johnson (RB)
- Riley Stapleton (WR)

BEAR
April 19th, 2018, 01:37 PM
For UCA: I think this will be a team that will have multiple players with average stats instead of a few players with BIG stats. New head coach Brown substitutes often but I think these players will have above average years.

DL- Cardell Best- 2016: 12 TFL, 32 tackles. (Injured so sat out 2017.) He just made a huge difference on pressure on the QB. Plus he's a leader on the team. That makes a big difference!
RB- Carlos Blackman- 2017: 770 yards, 9 TDs. (injured and limited play.) Lost some weight this year (20+ pounds) and now is primed to show out. I expect him to hit 1000 yards rushing if he can stay healthy.

BEAR
April 19th, 2018, 01:41 PM
WR- Nathan Stewart and Davion Davis - SHSU

Nathan Stewart was a gem find for the Kats. Dangerous and smart. Was hoping he was gone...xlolx

2017 Season
All-SLC first team wide receiver … STATS FCS all-America first team … AP all-America third team … HERO Sports all-America first team … led FCS with 1,648 total receiving yards, a mark that is also a Sam Houston State single-season record … was third in FCS with 117.7 receiving yards per game … was tied for fourth in FCS with 14 touchdown receptions … is only Bearkat in history with multiple 1,000-yard receiving seasons …

Season
GP
Rec.
Yds.
Avg.
TD
Long
Kick Ret.
Yds.
Avg.
TD
Long

Career

ST_Lawson
April 19th, 2018, 02:00 PM
Western Illinois
RB - Steve McShane
QB - Sean McGuire
DL - Khalen Saunders

There's other names that are fairly big, but I'd bet those are the names from WIU that you'll see most often in the conference player of the week awards.

McNeese72
April 19th, 2018, 03:22 PM
As usual, McNeese doesn't have any players worth mentioning. ;)

Doc

JSUSoutherner
April 19th, 2018, 03:42 PM
Marlon Bridges for JSU

SFA 93
April 19th, 2018, 04:14 PM
WR:#80 Tamrick Pace 6-3; 200 (Jr.) SFA
G:22;REC:105;YDS:1481;TD:13 (2-Year Total)

S:#33 Alize Ward 5-10; 195 (Jr.) SFA
G:22;TKL:134;TFL:5.5;SCK:0.5;FF:0;FR:0;PBU:12;INT: 5;QBH:0;TD:1 (2-Year Total)

Redbird 4th & short
April 19th, 2018, 04:28 PM
On offense .... JR RB James Robinson .. stud, but he will have to again share some reps with couple other very good RBSs .... JR Markel Smith (225 lbs) and SO Jordan Birch (230 lbs). Robinson is the one who will get the most reps. but the competition for reps is just making everyone better. And this year we return all but 1 starter, and several guys on 2 deep who saw action due to injuries last year; plus we picked up a U of I transfer who is fitting in fast. Our run game is going to be something this year.

On defense .. SR OLB Tyree Horton .. just a big time hitter and player. He was top defensive Juco player in country 2 years ago. It alwasy takes time for transfers to acclimate into Spack's system. Horton was very good last year and should be even better this year. Defense has a lot of holes to fill fro year ago .. so work in progress there.

On sidelines ... OC Kurt Beathard ... returns after taking 2 years off to be with family. His return is being very well received across the board. Our offensive inconsistencies the last 2 years should be fully resolved by September.

DeltaDevil662
April 19th, 2018, 04:34 PM
Quinn McElfresh led the SWAC in receptions (53) and yards (889).

If we actually have a running game, he will actually get 1000 yards and some All-American looks. We actually return the top two receivers in the SWAC and 3 of the top 10

VandalBasher
April 19th, 2018, 04:48 PM
Our defense will be solid. But, our linebackers will be the best unit in the Big Sky.
http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2018/apr/11/new-idaho-linebackers-coach-john-graham-finds-cupb/

All-Sun Belt first-teamer Tony Lashley (http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2017/oct/05/idaho-vandals-tony-lashley-a-part-time-football-pl/) led the Vandals last year with 123 total tackles, including two sacks.
Kaden Elliss (http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2017/nov/01/idaho-linebacker-kaden-elliss-leads-vandals-on-bot/), a Sun Belt second-team selection, made 80 tackles last year, 16 for loss. He recorded six sacks and also caught seven passes, with two touchdowns.
Ed Hall was a Sun Belt honorable mention with 78 tackles and a team-leading three interceptions. Hall also made the College Sports Information Directors of America’s All-Academic District team. A mechanical engineering major, Hall is excused from the first 90 minutes of spring drills on Mondays to take a machine component design class, which may be tougher than football practice.

dewey
April 19th, 2018, 04:53 PM

Easton Stick (QB)
Jabril Cox (LB)
Dillion Radunz (LT)
Ty Brooks (RB)

Those would be the guys who are difference makers but if I had to choose one, I'd Cox as I can see him being the next Buchanan winner for NDSU if he continues on his current trajectory.

I personally wouldn't put Radunz on there because he hasn't done anything in game action. He should be a stud from everything we have heard.

I would put forth the following players for NDSU
Easton Stick (QB)
Lance Dunn (RB)
Bruce Anderson (RB)
Greg Menard (DE)
Jabril Cox (LB)
Robbie Grimsley (SS)

For other MVFC teams (A quick look at the 2017 All MVFC team)
Taryn Christian - SDSU (QB)
Tevin McCaster - YSU (RB)
James Robinson - ISUr (RB)
Darin Greenfield - USD (DL)
Khalen Saunders - WIU (DL)
Christian Rozeboom - SDSU (LB)
Jordan Brown - SDSU (DB)

Dewey

Redbird 4th & short
April 19th, 2018, 06:01 PM
On offense .... JR RB James Robinson .. stud, but he will have to again share some reps with couple other very good RBSs .... JR Markel Smith (225 lbs) and SO Jordan Birch (230 lbs). Robinson is the one who will get the most reps. but the competition for reps is just making everyone better. And this year we return all but 1 starter on the OL, and several guys on 2 deep who saw action due to injuries last year; plus we picked up a U of I transfer who is fitting in fast. Our run game is going to be something this year.

On defense .. SR OLB Tyree Horton .. just a big time hitter and player. He was top defensive Juco player in country 2 years ago. It alwasy takes time for transfers to acclimate into Spack's system. Horton was very good last year and should be even better this year. Defense has a lot of holes to fill fro year ago .. so work in progress there.

On sidelines ... OC Kurt Beathard ... returns after taking 2 years off to be with family. His return is being very well received across the board. Our offensive inconsistencies the last 2 years should be fully resolved by September.

edit in bold

Go Lehigh TU owl
April 19th, 2018, 06:37 PM
Dom Bragalone. HB 5'11 230. Lehigh
Brad Mayes. QB. 6'2 220. Lehigh

Bragalone is definitely worthy of consideration for a Top 10 overall list. Mayes Top 10 QBs....

JacksFan40
April 19th, 2018, 07:03 PM
For SDSU
Taryn Christion
Christian Rozeboom
Jordan Brown
Cade Johnson could emerge as a legitimate threat at receiver, same with Mikey Daniel at RB.

WestCoastAggie
April 19th, 2018, 07:11 PM
N.C. A&T:
Lamar Raynard - QB
Elijah Bell - WR
Julian McKnight - DT
Daryl Johnson - DE
Mac McCain - CB

Redbird 4th & short
April 19th, 2018, 07:25 PM
For SDSU
Taryn Christion
Christian Rozeboom
Jordan Brown
Cade Johnson could emerge as a legitimate threat at receiver, same with Mikey Daniel at RB.
I think your Jackrabbits might be leading the pack in Top 10 Best Players NOT Returning in 2018 ... just saying.

I've been touting SDSU as one of the most consistently very good teams in FCS the last 6 years .. Massey had you in their top 4 to 8 every year back to 2012. I will be even more duly impressed if you guys have another strong year after what you lost from last year, plus potential distractions from the HC incident and Christion's last game.

I say that with all due respect to your program.

Bison Fan in NW MN
April 19th, 2018, 07:34 PM

Easton Stick (QB)
Jabril Cox (LB)
Dillion Radunz (LT)
Ty Brooks (RB)

Steidl (DT) is going to have a huge year IMO if he stays healthy.

TheKingpin28
April 19th, 2018, 07:40 PM
Steidl (DT) is going to have a huge year IMO if he stays healthy.The only reason why I left him off is I think he will do the dirty work and Cox will get the glamour for it. Steidl is going to be a 2 defender kind of guy allowing guys like Cox, Grimsley, Marlette, etc... to attack and get those stats.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

F'N Hawks
April 19th, 2018, 07:56 PM
This is a Top 10 Best Players in the country thread. One team doesn't have 5 of them.

JacksFan40
April 19th, 2018, 09:15 PM
I think your Jackrabbits might be leading the pack in Top 10 Best Players NOT Returning in 2018 ... just saying.

I've been touting SDSU as one of the most consistently very good teams in FCS the last 6 years .. Massey had you in their top 4 to 8 every year back to 2012. I will be even more duly impressed if you guys have another strong year after what you lost from last year, plus potential distractions from the HC incident and Christion's last game.

I say that with all due respect to your program.
I have confidence SDSU is a 7-4 team at worst despite the losses. I think SDSU May surprise people and be really good again this year. It’s a homer pick but I’m sticking to it. Game against Iowa State will help determine if we’re better or worse.

cx500d
April 19th, 2018, 09:21 PM
This is a Top 10 Best Players in the country thread. One team doesn't have 5 of them.

Keep lifting weights

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

F'N Hawks
April 19th, 2018, 09:36 PM
Keep lifting weights

Why would I lift weights?

Bison Fan in NW MN
April 19th, 2018, 09:41 PM

Because it is good for you!

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=27459&stc=1

- - - Updated - - -

TheKingpin28
April 19th, 2018, 09:45 PM

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=27459&stc=1So you looking for a farm hand!?!?! That is some impressive free weights. Only thing I don't have access to in the house I am staying.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

Schism55
April 19th, 2018, 09:54 PM
Western Illinois
RB - Steve McShane
QB - Sean McGuire
DL - Khalen Saunders

There's other names that are fairly big, but I'd bet those are the names from WIU that you'll see most often in the conference player of the week awards.
Dude is a beast. Very impressed with his play against the Bison.

Bison Fan in NW MN
April 19th, 2018, 10:00 PM
That is in my shop. Those dumbbells on the lower right are 120s...xthumbsupx

cx500d
April 19th, 2018, 10:32 PM

So you fans can keep up with your team. Seemed like the fans ran out of gas last year also.

cx500d
April 19th, 2018, 10:33 PM
That is in my shop. Those dumbbells on the lower right are 120s...xthumbsupx

I don't think I need the bottom row...

Iridebikes
April 20th, 2018, 07:31 AM
For EWU I'm thinking:
Gage Gubrud, QB for the offense. Entering his senior year with an experienced O-line
Mitch Fettig, defensive back that covers a lot of ground and makes lots of plays.
We also have a stable of relatively interchangeable running back in Antoine Custer, Sam McPherson and Tamarick Pierce that bring a lot to the table.

Bison56
April 20th, 2018, 08:23 AM

- - - Updated - - -

Very nicexthumbsupx

Go Lehigh TU owl
April 20th, 2018, 08:33 AM

Not bad but I still rather the gym so I can "spot" a few 9's in yoga pants.......

ST_Lawson
April 20th, 2018, 08:47 AM
So you fans can keep up with your team. Seemed like the fans ran out of gas last year also.

And that's why I'm a runner.

UCABEARS75
April 20th, 2018, 08:50 AM
As usual, McNeese doesn't have any players worth mentioning. ;)

Doc

LMFO!

Thumper 76
April 20th, 2018, 12:03 PM
I have confidence SDSU is a 7-4 team at worst despite the losses. I think SDSU May surprise people and be really good again this year. It’s a homer pick but I’m sticking to it. Game against Iowa State will help determine if we’re better or worse.

If the pattern holds we end up playing the opening round game in Montana.

1st year in playoffs: @Montana
1st Year after Zenner: @Montana
1st year after Godert/Weineke: probably @Montana

Redbird 4th & short
April 20th, 2018, 02:30 PM
If the pattern holds we end up playing the opening round game in Montana.

1st year in playoffs: @Montana
1st Year after Zenner: @Montana
1st year after Godert/Weineke: probably @Montana

tough road playoff game environment for sure ... how many of those years did/would a win at Montana earn you another trip to Fargo ??

We've had some tough 1st round road games too. Would sure be nice for MVFC to get a little more Patriot/MEAC/NEC/Big South 1st round tune-up action once in a while like our friends out east get to choose from. All we ever get is one PFL autobid once in a while.

Thumper 76
April 20th, 2018, 02:36 PM
tough road playoff game environment for sure ... how many of those years did/would a win at Montana earn you another trip to Fargo ??

We've had some tough 1st round road games too. Would sure be nice for MVFC to get a little more Patriot/MEAC/NEC/Big South 1st round tune-up action once in a while like our friends out east get to choose from. All we ever get is one PFL autobid once in a while.

1/2 first one was before ndsu had even made the playoffs. Second one would have sent us to Fargo. SDSU fans have just accepted that there are two options for us to go on deep runs. Get a high enough seed we don’t get sent to Fargo, or win a playoff game in Fargo. It is what it is, and personally I’m tired of being angry and complaining about it.

It is interesting that SDSU has never lost a home playoff game and outside of NDSU have won @Montana State @NAU while losing @Montana (2x’s) @JMU and @EWU. We have almost as many losses in the playoffs in Fargo as we do in the rest of the playoffs combined.

Wildcat1997
April 20th, 2018, 05:55 PM
For ACU:
QB Luke Anthony
WR DJ Fuller
S Bolu Onifade

slostang
April 20th, 2018, 07:28 PM
Joe Protheroe was an All-American FB in 2016 when he rushed for over 1,300 yards and scored 15 TDs. He missed the majority of 2017 with an injury, but he will return in 2018 for his senior season.

Twentysix
April 21st, 2018, 10:53 PM
Stick and Cox may be top 10 FCS players. I don't know if NDSU has any others that are that good.

bonarae
April 22nd, 2018, 05:16 AM
I'm not sure if this was discussed in this thread, but according to the draft board for 2019, Princeton has four potential draft and PFA type seniors for this year.

PaladinNation
April 22nd, 2018, 08:55 AM
Furman…

Kealand Dirks SR - runningback 6-0 244. Dirks will have plenty opportunities to carry the rock in 2018.
https://twitter.com/PaladinFootball/status/929450159041265664

A duo… Thomas Gordon JR - wide receiver's 6-0 174 and Cam Burnette SO - 6-2 209.
Gordon is dynamic and often asked to do too much - with the quick development and growth of Burnette - these two are going to be difficult to defend.
https://twitter.com/PaladinFootball/status/929462872530284544
https://twitter.com/PaladinFootball/status/906597742452944896

Reed Kroeber SO - 6-4 284. Reed can play any position on the offensive line. Named to 2017 HERO All-American team.
https://twitter.com/PaladinFootball/status/942869353854390272

smallcollegefbfan
April 22nd, 2018, 09:11 AM

How can anyone name a list like this and not include the UC Davis WR from last year? He was a great player.

Here are 20 names because I could not narrow it down to just 10.

QB Devlin Hodges, Samford, Sr.
QB Lamar Raynard, North Carolina A&T, Sr.
RB Zane Dudek, Yale, Soph.
WR Keelan Doss, UC Davis, Sr.
WR Neil O’Connor, New Hampshire, Sr.
WR Nathan Stewart, Sam Houston State, Jr.
WR Davion Davis, Sam Houston State, Sr.
WR Jesper Horsted, Princeton, Sr.
OT Ethan Greenidge, Villanova, Sr.
OT Daniel Cooney, San Diego, Sr.
C Zach Larsen, Southern Utah
DE Ahmad Gooden, Samford, Sr.
DE Darryl Johnson, North Carolina A&T, Jr.
LB Josh Buss, Montana, Sr.
LB Christian Rozeboom, South Dakota State, Jr.
LB Jabril Cox, North Dakota State, Soph.
CB Rashad Robinson, James Madison, Sr.
CB Jimmy Moreland, James Madison, Sr.
S Marlon Bridges, Jacksonville State, Jr.
S Rob Rolle, Villanova, Sr.

I obviously could have listed many others like the Elon LB Warren Messer, UCA DE, Lehigh RB or QB, Bryant LB, Bucknell P, etc.

ALPHAGRIZ1
April 22nd, 2018, 09:16 AM
Montana does not have anyone that would be in the top 10

PaladinNation
April 22nd, 2018, 09:24 AM
How can anyone name a list like this and not include the UC Davis WR from last year? He was a great player.

Here are 20 names because I could not narrow it down to just 10.

QB Devlin Hodges, Samford, Sr.
QB Lamar Raynard, North Carolina A&T, Sr.
RB Zane Dudek, Yale, Soph.
WR Keelan Doss, UC Davis, Sr.
WR Neil O’Connor, New Hampshire, Sr.
WR Nathan Stewart, Sam Houston State, Jr.
WR Davion Davis, Sam Houston State, Sr.
WR Jesper Horsted, Princeton, Sr.
OT Ethan Greenidge, Villanova, Sr.
OT Daniel Cooney, San Diego, Sr.
C Zach Larsen, Southern Utah
DE Ahmad Gooden, Samford, Sr.
DE Darryl Johnson, North Carolina A&T, Jr.
LB Josh Buss, Montana, Sr.
LB Christian Rozeboom, South Dakota State, Jr.
LB Jabril Cox, North Dakota State, Soph.
CB Rashad Robinson, James Madison, Sr.
CB Jimmy Moreland, James Madison, Sr.
S Marlon Bridges, Jacksonville State, Jr.
S Rob Rolle, Villanova, Sr.

I obviously could have listed many others like the Elon LB Warren Messer, UCA DE, Lehigh RB or QB, Bryant LB, Bucknell P, etc.

I don't disagree with your list… funny I decided to not list the most obvious Furman players that I hope will get pre-season SoCon mentions: Aaquil Annoor and Jaylan Reid. I'll be the first to admit Furman rarely has a "superstar" but I think Annoor especially is an overlooked player.

BEAR
April 23rd, 2018, 10:27 AM

I had thought about that one. UCA has become a DE university. DE Jacob Ford went to the Titans. DE Larry Hart went to the Jaguars, DE Jonathan Woodard went to the Dolphins...and I'm pretty sure our current DE Chris Terrell from Florida who is a junior this year who had 51 total tackles, 20 tackles for loss, 3 forced fumbles, and 11 sacks last year will only improve on those numbers and get selected in two years... (kid hustles and has that mentality you see on Sundays)

WWII
April 23rd, 2018, 06:04 PM
Albany fans are hoping Ibitokun-Hanks comes back from his injury to the form he had 2 years ago.

smallcollegefbfan
April 24th, 2018, 03:22 PM
I had thought about that one. UCA has become a DE university. DE Jacob Ford went to the Titans. DE Larry Hart went to the Jaguars, DE Jonathan Woodard went to the Dolphins...and I'm pretty sure our current DE Chris Terrell from Florida who is a junior this year who had 51 total tackles, 20 tackles for loss, 3 forced fumbles, and 11 sacks last year will only improve on those numbers and get selected in two years... (kid hustles and has that mentality you see on Sundays)

Terrell could be on my list for sure. He has been a good one.

DallasSpider
April 24th, 2018, 09:48 PM
DT Clyde is a big inside threat returning, led the CAA in sacks. WRs Simpson, Brissett, and Wilkens would challenge the best receivers in FCS stats wise if they weren't on the same team and not breaking in the new QB.

bluehenbillk
April 25th, 2018, 08:13 AM
Nova

Rob Rolle Sr. S

Maine

Chris Fergueson So. QB

Delaware

Joe Walker Sr. WR/Athlete
Coby Reeder So. LB
Troy Reeder Sr. LB

Joe Walker? Seriously? Did you see his play the first 3 years? You could've mentioned more than a dozen players more worthy than Walker....

Twentysix
April 25th, 2018, 10:21 AM
Terrell could be on my list for sure. He has been a good one.You think there are 20 players better than Easton Stick? He may set the wins record this year, taking it from Brock Jensen. Tough to argue a qb with the fcs wins record isn't good. Even harder to argue he's not in the top 20.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Redbird 4th & short
April 25th, 2018, 11:19 AM
You think there are 20 players better than Easton Stick? He may set the wins record this year, taking it from Brock Jensen. Tough to argue a qb with the fcs wins record isn't good. Even harder to argue he's not in the top 20.

NDSU has 21 other starters, a coaching staff, bunch of trainers, and 5 national championships. I don't think that means current QB Stick is the reason they have 5 natty's plus a semi at this level. And I therefore don't necessarily think he is a top 20 player because of how many wins NDSU has while we was their QB. He is a good QB and a very good athlete .. but there are many many reasons NDSU wins all those games and natty's.

IBleedYellow
April 25th, 2018, 11:25 AM
NDSU has 21 other starters, a coaching staff, bunch of trainers, and 5 national championships. I don't think that means current QB Stick is the reason they have 5 natty's plus a semi at this level. And I therefore don't necessarily think he is a top 20 player because of how many wins NDSU has while we was their QB. He is a good QB and a very good athlete .. but there are many many reasons NDSU wins all those games and natty's.

Your count is off on the National Championships, btw. ;)

I'd directly credit Stick for 2 of those Championships, btw. 1/3rd is pretty good.

KPSUL
April 25th, 2018, 12:57 PM
Albany fans are hoping Ibitokun-Hanks comes back from his injury to the form he had 2 years ago.

If he does, he's a top 10.

Redbird 4th & short
April 25th, 2018, 01:16 PM

I'd directly credit Stick for 2 of those Championships, btw. 1/3rd is pretty good.

My bad missing #6 ... it was 5 straight that was stuck on my brain .. or maybe I'm still repressing the final 1:38 of 2014 game = D

As for QB Stick ... I like him a lot, but I just think there are far better QBs playing on much lesser teams at FCS level. Further to my point was other thread where they linked # NFL draft picks by FCS team. I get that some NFL prospects are not always the best college payers. But all those playoff wins and Natty's since 2010 .. even 2010 you won 2 games before losing to eventually Champ EWU. Then a 5 year run, followed by a semi run, followed y another natty run .... by far the most dominant teams coming out of the most dominant conference in the 2010-17 era. Add it up ... 28 playoff wins in 8 years, no one else even close ... and just 4 draft picks ??? That is 1 draft pick every 2 years, while FCS was average 14 draft picks per year. I'm mainly making point, there are many many reasons you guys win games .. aside from QB Wentz, who could have carried any offense he played on, I just think playing QB for NDSU is easier job than most programs ... putting aside SOS argument for a minute.

Since 2010, 145 FCS players have been drafted – an average of over 18 per year.

7 – Appalachian State and Montana
5 – Eastern Washington, South Carolina State and William & Mary
4 – Central Arkansas, Chattanooga, Coastal Carolina, North Dakota State, Samford and Tennessee State
3 – Eastern Illinois, Georgia Southern, Illinois State, James Madison, Maine, Princeton, Southern Illinois, Southern Utah and Villanova
2 – Delaware, Florida A&M, Harvard, Missouri State, Montana State, Murray State, Northern Iowa, Northwestern State, Portland State, Richmond, South Dakota, Southeastern Louisiana, Towson, The Citadel and Youngstown State
1 – Alabama A&M, Alabama State, Arkansas-Pine Bluff, Brown, Bucknell, Cal Poly, Cornell, Delaware State, Drake, Eastern Kentucky, Elon, Fordham, Furman, Georgia State, Grambling State, Hampton, Jacksonville State, Lamar, Lehigh, Liberty, Marist, Massachusetts, Monmouth, New Hampshire, North Carolina A&T, North Carolina Central, Presbyterian, Sam Houston State, San Diego, South Dakota State, Stephen F. Austin, Texas Southern, UT Martin, Weber State and Yale

Bison Fan in NW MN
April 26th, 2018, 06:02 AM

Top 20 FCS player? He most certainly is IMO.

Bison QBs do not throw it a million times like SHSU or EWU QBs need to do because they have no defense and need to outscore the opponent.

Redbird 4th & short
April 26th, 2018, 07:21 AM
Top 20 FCS player? He most certainly is IMO.

Bison QBs do not throw it a million times like SHSU or EWU QBs need to do because they have no defense and need to outscore the opponent.
That is a very valid point, except how would we know until he does it. My point is there are QBs on much lesser teams who are leaned on, far more heavily than Stick, to carry their team offensively. Stick has the luxury of dominant run game and hands off to 2 different stud RBs who will gain 5 to 6 yards per carry all game. So other QBs are doing more with less than Stick ... so it's hard to project Stick as top returning player. What would Stick be able to do on an offense that couldn't run and didn't protect its QB so well .. not so sure he would even be in discussion.

My opinion is that with Wentz, it was obvious he could carry any team. I didn't get that impression from Jensen and I don't get it from Stick. Again, I like Stick a lot .. just not as a top player at his position in my mind. Obviously I could be wrong .. but there just is no way to know for sure playing for NDSU.

smallcollegefbfan
April 27th, 2018, 02:18 PM

I find it funny as well. This was not a thread for the All-CAA or All-MVFC candidates. It was meant to talk about the top 10 players in the country. There aren't 7 players from one league I would put in there.

JSUSoutherner
April 27th, 2018, 04:06 PM

How?

All he did against us was throw a pick.

Bison Fan in NW MN
April 28th, 2018, 05:09 PM
How?

All he did against us was throw a pick.

xlolx

Meaningless 4th quarter drive which was one play, the interception. Game was already won.

If I remember right, Jenkins sure lit up the Bison also....xlolx

caribbeanhen
April 29th, 2018, 10:32 AM
Joe Walker? Seriously? Did you see his play the first 3 years? You could've mentioned more than a dozen players more worthy than Walker....

agree, maybe Nasir Adderley belongs in the discussion just like Bilah Nichols last year

Redbird 4th & short
April 29th, 2018, 11:03 AM
agree, maybe Nasir Adderley belongs in the discussion just like Bilah Nichols last year

so my Bears drafted Nichols in 5th round .. seems like a manchild with lot more upside. He is a big powerful guy and can move his legs ... 306 lbs and ran a 4.95 forty. I know he got a late start in HS with football, but curious why he didn't dominate more than he did based on his measurables ? I would have expected more disruptive stats ... Does he give up on plays or take plays off ??

caribbeanhen
April 29th, 2018, 07:35 PM
so my Bears drafted Nichols in 5th round .. seems like a manchild with lot more upside. He is a big powerful guy and can move his legs ... 306 lbs and ran a 4.95 forty. I know he got a late start in HS with football, but curious why he didn't dominate more than he did based on his measurables ? I would have expected more disruptive stats ... Does he give up on plays or take plays off ??

good questions, there were alot of good players on the Delaware D last year so stats might not tell the whole story, he looked dominant at times, but not all the time

Redbird 4th & short
April 29th, 2018, 09:05 PM
good questions, there were alot of good players on the Delaware D last year so stats might not tell the whole story, he looked dominant at times, but not all the time
was he the main guy offenses game planned around ... with double teams or avoiding going at him ?

caribbeanhen
April 30th, 2018, 07:15 AM
was he the main guy offenses game planned around ... with double teams or avoiding going at him ?

he was the Nose Tackle on pretty good Defense, so it all started with him.... and often he was fightin off double teams ...yes

the NT Position is a big hole for Delaware the Delaware D to fill for next year, we already are missing Bilah Nichols

one negative note, I didnt see the Villanova game but is he lost it.... they must of had him fustrated

Cat-in-GA
April 30th, 2018, 09:03 AM
Ian Berryman (P) Western Carolina: FCS Active Career Average Leader 44.3 YD Avg. on 168 punts, 50 50+ yd punts, 66 Inside 20, 3 time All Southern Conference

Derby City Duke
May 2nd, 2018, 10:47 PM
Rashad Robinson, JMU. May be the best returning CB in FCS.

Superb athlete who can tackle and knows how to get to the ball. I don't know if he'll be able to put up the same individual #s this year; how effectively he actually performs this year I believe hinges on the quality of the 2 safeties who replace the All-Americans, Greene and Brown.

Twentysix
June 5th, 2018, 01:29 PM
NDSU has 21 other starters, a coaching staff, bunch of trainers, and 5 national championships. I don't think that means current QB Stick is the reason they have 5 natty's plus a semi at this level. And I therefore don't necessarily think he is a top 20 player because of how many wins NDSU has while we was their QB. He is a good QB and a very good athlete .. but there are many many reasons NDSU wins all those games and natty's.Now that stick is being projected as high as 5th overall in the NFL draft and #1 qb in college football all divisions, do you still feel the same way?

Who knows what the season will give us but some NFL people are pretty high on him. Certainly top 20 in the fcs lol.

F'N Hawks
June 5th, 2018, 02:49 PM
Now that stick is being projected as high as 5th overall in the NFL draft and #1 qb in college football all divisions, do you still feel the same way?

Who knows what the season will give us but some NFL people are pretty high on him. Certainly top 20 in the fcs lol.

Who has him ranked as the #1 QB draft prospect?

TheKingpin28
June 5th, 2018, 02:57 PM

I'd put Kyler Murray ahead of him, unless he goes pro in baseball, which he should considering the #9 spot is worth about 4 million in promised money.

Twentysix
June 5th, 2018, 02:59 PM
Who has him ranked as the #1 QB draft prospect?Whoever that is.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180605/c7552ab7b162a1ed9b7e93bfeb76d57f.jpg

A few publications have him as #1 fcs QB in terms of draft stock also.

Professor Chaos
June 5th, 2018, 03:08 PM
This guy does also:

https://twitter.com/jacobinfante24/status/993861490691268608

https://twitter.com/jacobinfante24/status/994209773829738498

https://twitter.com/jacobinfante24/status/994244624184160256

Neither of those guys are heavy hitters when it comes to draft analysts but pretty much anyone who's rankings guys at this point is just throwing darts. Everyone's rankings will look completely different in 10 months. The good thing for Stick is he is obviously on the radar for most of these draft snobs which means he's very likely on the radar of NFL scouts which is all you can ask for at this point as a prospect.

clenz
June 5th, 2018, 03:08 PM

No one I can find.

In the latest 2019 NFL mock draft from CBS Sports, the Miami Dolphins are the first team to take the plunge at the position, opting for Auburn’s Jarrett Stidham at No. 6 overall. Missouri’s Drew Lock (No. 9 overall, Denver Broncos), West Virginia’s Will Grier (No. 20 overall, Los Angeles Chargers) and Michigan’s Shea Patterson (No. 24 overall, Jacksonville Jaguars) also make the first-round cut in this projection.

This site doesn’t have him listed at all http://walterfootball.com/draft2019QB.php

SportingNews doesn’t have him listed http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news/top-quarterback-prospects-2019-nfl-mock-draft-will-grier-trace-mcsorley-jarrett-stidham-shea-patterson/1f3oau0kh9ghp1679zh7axu7m3

Fansided doesn’t have him https://fansided.com/2018/05/07/top-5-quarterbacks-watch-2019-nfl-draft/

Not here https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2773282-2019-nfl-mock-draft-early-1st-round-predictions-for-next-years-top-prospects

Not in Kiper’s http://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2018/insider/story/_/id/23450051/mel-kiper-2019-nfl-draft-rankings-best-prospects-every-position

Not in Mcshays https://draftwire.usatoday.com/2018/05/03/todd-mcshay-mock-draft-2019-espn

I can’t find him anywhere.

F'N Hawks
June 5th, 2018, 03:11 PM
Whoever that is.

A few publications have him as #1 fcs QB in terms of draft stock also.

Dude.....that tweet doesn't exist. Sure somebody isn't messing with you guys?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dd-iEB9UQAAEPmb.jpg

Twentysix
June 5th, 2018, 03:11 PM
No one I can find.

In the latest 2019 NFL mock draft from CBS Sports, the Miami Dolphins are the first team to take the plunge at the position, opting for Auburn’s Jarrett Stidham at No. 6 overall. Missouri’s Drew Lock (No. 9 overall, Denver Broncos), West Virginia’s Will Grier (No. 20 overall, Los Angeles Chargers) and Michigan’s Shea Patterson (No. 24 overall, Jacksonville Jaguars) also make the first-round cut in this projection.

This site doesn’t have him listed at all http://walterfootball.com/draft2019QB.php

SportingNews doesn’t have him listed http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news/top-quarterback-prospects-2019-nfl-mock-draft-will-grier-trace-mcsorley-jarrett-stidham-shea-patterson/1f3oau0kh9ghp1679zh7axu7m3

Fansided doesn’t have him https://fansided.com/2018/05/07/top-5-quarterbacks-watch-2019-nfl-draft/

Not here https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2773282-2019-nfl-mock-draft-early-1st-round-predictions-for-next-years-top-prospects

Not in Kiper’s http://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2018/insider/story/_/id/23450051/mel-kiper-2019-nfl-draft-rankings-best-prospects-every-position

Not in Mcshays https://draftwire.usatoday.com/2018/05/03/todd-mcshay-mock-draft-2019-espn

I can’t find him anywhere.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkTry looking at the post above yours lol.

Twentysix
June 5th, 2018, 03:13 PM
?

https://twitter.com/CDonScouting/status/992082614902296577?s=20

?

?

?

?

F'N Hawks
June 5th, 2018, 03:15 PM
?

https://twitter.com/CDonScouting/status/992082614902296577?s=20

You're right I was looking at images. Wonder why he dropped out of his Top 20?

Professor Chaos
June 5th, 2018, 03:17 PM

It's out there:

https://twitter.com/CDonScouting/status/992082614902296577

His ranking has maybe changed since then... not surprising if that's the case and it'll surely change a ton more. Like the previous guy I was more interested in reading about his thoughts in the subtweets.

https://twitter.com/CDonScouting/status/992103679921664005

https://twitter.com/CDonScouting/status/992103860629114880

https://twitter.com/CDonScouting/status/992165399415287808

F'N Hawks
June 5th, 2018, 03:17 PM
To sum it up: Carter Donnick and Jacob Infante think he is the #1 QB. Everyone who we have actually heard of has him outside the Top 10 in QB rankings.

Professor Chaos
June 5th, 2018, 03:25 PM
To sum it up: Carter Donnick and Jacob Infante think he is the #1 QB in rankings admittedly even by them that mean pretty much zilch. Everyone who we have actually heard of has him outside the Top 10 in QB rankings in rankings that mean zilch right now.
FIFY

I'm sure you could find an obscure draft snob or two that says he won't even get drafted but he's in the conversation.

This is a pretty good piece by Inside the Pylon which usually does a great job breaking down film. He highlights two plays the title game, one where Stick does everything right and makes the correct decision and one where he does everything right except trust his read and makes the incorrect decision. As the guy in the video points out his scouting at this point is just to set a baseline and he's a long ways away from projecting any kind of draft position for Stick.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACl63-5NvZQ

Redbird 4th & short
June 5th, 2018, 03:29 PM
Now that stick is being projected as high as 5th overall in the NFL draft and #1 qb in college football all divisions, do you still feel the same way?

Thread is about top 10 returning players in FCS .. and I said I like Stick a lot, but I don't think he is top 10 returning player at all positons in FCS.

NFL Draft Scout has him 19th rated QB .. which is pretty good for sure .. but not #1. CBS and Sporting News each named their top 10's .. none were Easton. WalterCamp named their top 18 .. none were Easton. I could probably find 10 more that don't list Easton in their top 10 or 20.

http://draftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=131798&draftyear=2019&genpos=QB

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/friday-five-ranking-the-top-2019-nfl-draft-quarterback-prospects-heading-into-next-season/

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news/top-quarterback-prospects-2019-nfl-mock-draft-will-grier-trace-mcsorley-jarrett-stidham-shea-patterson/1f3oau0kh9ghp1679zh7axu7m3

http://walterfootball.com/draft2019QB.php

At 6'2" and 220 lbs, he needs to be very good in (and out) of pocket. He's a very good athlete for FCS level, but that won't cut it at NFL level ... unless you have uncanny pocket sense like other undersized QBs such as Drew Brees and Russell Wilson. He currently had been groomed in the most successful system in FCS. How would he look playing for a lesser program ? Again, I like him a lot .. he just isn't in my top 10 returning players.

F'N Hawks
June 5th, 2018, 03:45 PM
Stick is a good QB, no doubt. Would love for UND to have one that talented.

BisonTru
June 5th, 2018, 07:51 PM
Taryn Christian is a better pro prospect than Easton imo. I was one of the first on the Wentz train but I just don't see it with Easton.

More than happy to be wrong tho.

KPSUL
June 5th, 2018, 08:26 PM
On offense .... JR RB James Robinson .. stud, but he will have to again share some reps with couple other very good RBSs .... JR Markel Smith (225 lbs) and SO Jordan Birch (230 lbs). Robinson is the one who will get the most reps. but the competition for reps is just making everyone better. And this year we return all but 1 starter, and several guys on 2 deep who saw action due to injuries last year; plus we picked up a U of I transfer who is fitting in fast. Our run game is going to be something this year.

What? Only 5 of the 10 best returning FCS players are from ISUred? I thought you come up with 8 or 9.

clenz
June 5th, 2018, 08:59 PM
He really is good as the blind homerism, isn’t he?

Read his posts and you’d think ISUr has 18 all Americans and would be better than 10-11 the last two years against scholarship D1 teams.

Schism55
June 5th, 2018, 09:56 PM
Taryn Christian is a better pro prospect than Easton imo. I was one of the first on the Wentz train but I just don't see it with Easton.

Before the national semis I would have agreed, but having an all time meltdown on national TV does strange things to athletes. Withholding opinion til I see how Taryn gets a few games under his belt this fall.

BisonFan02
June 5th, 2018, 11:15 PM
Stick is not a NFL QB....IMHO...

Bisonator
June 6th, 2018, 08:19 AM
I didn't think Carson would be the #2 overall pick in 2016 or that Baker Mayfield would be the #1 pick this year either. Just sayin.....;)

Bisonator
June 6th, 2018, 08:24 AM

We'll see how TC does this season. He wilts when the PO's come around.

BisonTru
June 6th, 2018, 08:59 AM

Im not saying TC is going to make it as a pro, but I also think people have short memories. TCs last game is fresh in people's mind. He's also had some really good games that get forgotten. It will be interesting to see how he does without Goedert but even so I think TC if he was on the NDSU squad would be just as good as Stick.

I didn't think Carson would be the #2 overall pick in 2016 or that Baker Mayfield would be the #1 pick this year either. Just sayin.....;)

I was pretty high on Wentz and pretty low on Jensen as pro prospects. I see a lot more Jensen in Stick than Wentz.

I agree.

Thumper 76
June 6th, 2018, 11:29 AM

So one game equals that narrative?

clenz
June 6th, 2018, 11:34 AM

Yeah. Just ignore the 8500 pass yards, 620 completions, over 60% completion rate, and 3:1 TD:INT ratio even including that JMU game.

That single game ruins TCs career.

Just like that one game for Wentz against UNI were he lost by 3 TDS to UNI, didn’t throw a TD and had just 130 yards passing with a pick

One game clearly ruins careers

Thumper 76
June 6th, 2018, 11:36 AM
Yeah. Just ignore the 8500 pass yards, 620 completions, over 60% completion rate, and 3:1 TD:INT ratio even including that JMU game.

Just like that one game for Wentz against UNI were he lost by 3 TDS to UNI, didn’t throw a TD and had just 130 yards passing with a pick

Can’t believe he’s even allowed on the field

BisonFan02
June 6th, 2018, 01:21 PM
TC is Easton Stick without rings and a championship program. He's not a NFL QB either.

Bisonator
June 6th, 2018, 07:37 PM

One game? How about 2015 against Montana or 2016 against Nova and us? He wasn't exactly great in any of those games was he?

Bisonator
June 6th, 2018, 07:40 PM

Yeah because obviously thats all that matters stats and stuff.....xrolleyesx

BisonTru
June 6th, 2018, 07:53 PM
TC is Easton Stick without rings and a championship program. He's not a NFL QB either.

Somewhat agree. I'd put TC slightly above ES but I don't have a lot of hope either will end up on rosters next September.

Bison Fan in NW MN
June 6th, 2018, 08:00 PM
Somewhat agree. I'd put TC slightly above ES but I don't have a lot of hope either will end up on rosters next September.

I would put ES above TC right now any day.

Bison Fan in NW MN
June 6th, 2018, 08:02 PM

2018 w/o his NFL TE and WR will be telling for TC....

ST_Lawson
June 7th, 2018, 08:51 AM

Both are pretty good for the FCS level, but it takes something REALLY special to be able to make an NFL roster at a position like QB. I think both are more likely to be NFL practice squad or CFL-level talent at the next level.

Thumper 76
June 7th, 2018, 06:38 PM
One game? How about 2015 against Montana or 2016 against Nova and us? He wasn't exactly great in any of those games was he?

Ok, 2015 the entire team was flat the first half and he did play far better the second half, as a true freshman almost lead a comeback at Montana. 2016 vs Nova was bad but in Fargo he had four incompletions the entire game. He was never on the field, you guys held the ball the entire game and our defense couldn’t get off the field. That loss had zero to do with him. You can toot that narrative as much as you want to try and out Stick over him if you feel like it though.

Thumper 76
June 7th, 2018, 06:39 PM
I would put ES above TC right now any day.

http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/mshckd.gif

Redbird 4th & short
June 7th, 2018, 08:58 PM
He really is good as the blind homerism, isn’t he?

Read his posts and you’d think ISUr has 18 all Americans and would be better than 10-11 the last two years against scholarship D1 teams.

how old are you ?