Oct. 13 - at Eastern Washington, 2:05 pm PDT, Cheney, WA
Oct. 20 - Sacramento State (Parents/Family Weekend), 1:05 pm, Bozeman, MT
Oct. 27 - at Northern Colorado, TBA, Greeley, CO
Nov. 3 - Northern Arizona (Ag Appreciation), 1 pm, Bozeman, MT
Nov. 10 - at Portland State, 6:05 pm PST, Portland, OR
Nov. 17 - Montana, 12:35 pm, Bozeman, MT

catbob
March 2nd, 2007, 12:04 AM
See I told you all, no one cares about MSU if it doesn't involve drugs, rapes, crimes, graduation rates, or boobs.

SeattleGriz
March 2nd, 2007, 12:08 AM
See I told you all, no one cares about MSU if it doesn't involve drugs, rapes, crimes, graduation rates, or boobs.

After all the backlash U of M got for their schedule, I would take it as a compliment.

CatFan22
March 2nd, 2007, 12:56 AM
How good is SUU? Anyone have any thoughts on them for next year?

FargoBison
March 2nd, 2007, 02:05 AM

At the end of last year I thought they were going to be improved but the schedule they are playing is crazy and I think really going to end up struggling because of it.

CrazyCat
March 2nd, 2007, 12:45 PM
Is it true that A&M has tryouts for non-scholarship players for their kick-off team or am I just crazy?

OL FU
March 2nd, 2007, 12:55 PM

Montana did catch hell.
Honestly, at some point there is not a lot to discuss. Nice FBS game, lower division game and and a FCS game. Congrats:nod:

CopperCat
March 2nd, 2007, 12:57 PM
Is it true that A&M has tryouts for non-scholarship players for their kick-off team or am I just crazy?

I think I heard that somewhere too. It's part of the whole "12th man" thing where they have a fan tryout to be on special teams. Pretty cool I think. With the Corps of Cadets at the stadium plus the 12th man thing, I'd say that the game at A&M might be worth seeing. Great atmosphere.

CopperCat
March 2nd, 2007, 12:58 PM
Montana did catch hell.
Honestly, at some point there is not a lot to discuss. Nice FBS game, lower division game and and a FCS game. Congrats:nod:

Maybe UM's AD could take a hint from MSU's AD. Then we wouldn't have to bash their schedule so much (I feel for ya Griz fans, that REALLY sucks).

DaGriz
March 2nd, 2007, 02:02 PM
So if history prevails, Cats will be 1-1 going into league with a win over Texas A&M and a loss at home to Dixie St. Then Cats win at Weber and lose back to back to ISU and S. Utah and have to run the table to play for the conference championship against the Griz.
At least you guys scheduled a tough I-A school. I'm jealous of that.

CopperCat
March 2nd, 2007, 02:46 PM
So if history prevails, Cats will be 1-1 going into league with a win over Texas A&M and a loss at home to Dixie St. Then Cats win at Weber and lose back to back to ISU and S. Utah and have to run the table to play for the conference championship against the Griz.
At least you guys scheduled a tough I-A school. I'm jealous of that.

I think A&M will beat us up pretty good. But I think that our offense will look quite a bit better next year given that well all know that Jack Rolovich will most likely NOT be the starting QB. Rasmussen (redshirted this year) looks to be very promising. He's got size and mobility much like Lulay did. It really depends on the receiving corps and how much they can do, at least that's the way I see it.

2007: The year of the Bobcat?

catbob
March 2nd, 2007, 02:57 PM
The thing I remember about Rasmussen, was during a spring scrim. He threw an INT, and the DB was running down the sideline with a LB blocking for him. Rasmussen plowed into the LB knocking all three of them out of bounds, it was schweet.

OB55
March 2nd, 2007, 04:37 PM
I think A&M will beat us up pretty good. But I think that our offense will look quite a bit better next year given that well all know that Jack Rolovich will most likely NOT be the starting QB. Rasmussen (redshirted this year) looks to be very promising. He's got size and mobility much like Lulay did. It really depends on the receiving corps and how much they can do, at least that's the way I see it.

Wyoming went to College Station about 5 years ago and got real banged up. Put some big bucks in the kitty, but never recovered that season from the injuries. Hope you have better luck. Dixie was JC two years ago.

CopperCat
March 4th, 2007, 05:56 PM
Wyoming went to College Station about 5 years ago and got real banged up. Put some big bucks in the kitty, but never recovered that season from the injuries. Hope you have better luck. Dixie was JC two years ago.

MSU is one of the most physical FCS teams there is (just watch the UM/MSU tape from this past year). I think A&M will certainly give them a workout, but MSU won't get beat up because they aren't up for the test. So they'll go home with some serious bank, AND their starting defense in good shape.:nod:

CopperCat
March 5th, 2007, 04:15 PM

It appears that you are right catbob. Nobody says a damn thing about MSU's schedule. But wait: APPY'S SCHEDULE IS OUT!!!!! LET'S TALK ABOUT THAT FOR MONTHS!!! AND UM'S SCHEDULE IS OUT TOO!!! LET'S BASH THEM FOR THAT!!!

I think we need more fans from every team EXCEPT UM and Appy. Maybe we'd actually have some productive discussions that weren't so one-sided.

Peems
March 5th, 2007, 04:28 PM
Even If Southern Utah is improved, good luck to em' playing the Griz and the Cats and the rest of the Great West does not bode well for them. I think if the cats win the wons they should, there is no reason they can't be 8-3(of course i'm biased) I would think losses to A&M, PSU, and UM.

slostang
March 5th, 2007, 04:45 PM
Even If Southern Utah is improved, good luck to em' playing the Griz and the Cats and the rest of the Great West does not bode well for them. I think if the cats win the wons they should, there is no reason they can't be 8-3(of course i'm biased) I would think losses to A&M, PSU, and UM.
I think that Southern Utah will surprise some people this year. They return a ton of starters from last year and added 17 scholarships (they went from 40 to 57) this year which allowed them to bring in quite a few good JC players to add some depth. I do not see them making the playoffs because they may have the toughest FCS schedule next year, but I bet they may get a few wins that will surprise a lot of people.

griz&beer
March 5th, 2007, 09:59 PM
The Cats will do real good ageist A&M, The big 12 will be weeker this year and A&M is a lower rung team.

CopperCat
March 6th, 2007, 10:40 AM
The Cats will do real good ageist A&M, The big 12 will be weeker this year and A&M is a lower rung team.

I would have to disagree. A&M put the fear in quite a few teams they played last year. MSU won't beat them, but they might hang around for a quarter or two.

Peems
March 6th, 2007, 11:06 AM
I think that Southern Utah will surprise some people this year. They return a ton of starters from last year and added 17 scholarships (they went from 40 to 57) this year which allowed them to bring in quite a few good JC players to add some depth. I do not see them making the playoffs because they may have the toughest FCS schedule next year, but I bet they may get a few wins that will surprise a lot of people.

even if true, they are playing at Wa-Griz and at Bozeman and then the rest of the Great West??!!! they are in for a doozy. while they may be improved, how many games do you think they can win?

AZGrizFan
March 6th, 2007, 11:59 AM
Maybe UM's AD could take a hint from MSU's AD. Then we wouldn't have to bash their schedule so much (I feel for ya Griz fans, that REALLY sucks).

You know, substitute Albany in for A&M, and you've got a worse schedule that we do.

I know, I know...if ifs and buts were candy and nuts.....

:o : smh :

RabidRabbit
March 6th, 2007, 12:27 PM

Their record won't reflect it, because they're playing virtually a who's in the '07 top 25, but they'd probably be about 4th in Big Sky this year. They could be a homecoming wrecker at MSU.:twocents:

catbob
March 6th, 2007, 01:41 PM
Their record won't reflect it, because they're playing virtually a who's in the '07 top 25, but they'd probably be about 4th in Big Sky this year. They could be a homecoming wrecker at MSU.:twocents:

Anyone can be a game-wrecker for the Cats. I'm done overlooking anyone in Bobcat land, :rotateh:

AZGrizFan
March 6th, 2007, 01:46 PM

I love these kinds of predictions. xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx

I think PSU would probably win the GWFC this year.
No proof. No backup. Just a blanket statement. :rolleyes: :cool: :cool: :cool:

BigApp
March 6th, 2007, 03:12 PM
I think PSU might have a chance to win the GWFC.

ncbears
March 6th, 2007, 04:17 PM
I think PSU could win the Big SKy.

lizrdgizrd
March 6th, 2007, 04:25 PM
It appears that you are right catbob. Nobody says a damn thing about MSU's schedule. But wait: APPY'S SCHEDULE IS OUT!!!!! LET'S TALK ABOUT THAT FOR MONTHS!!! AND UM'S SCHEDULE IS OUT TOO!!! LET'S BASH THEM FOR THAT!!!

I think we need more fans from every team EXCEPT UM and Appy. Maybe we'd actually have some productive discussions that weren't so one-sided.
I wish our schedule was out. : smh :

dbackjon
March 6th, 2007, 04:42 PM
I wish our schedule was out. : smh :

I know the feeling.

OL FU
March 7th, 2007, 10:52 AM
Not to try to work up a hellstorm here but considering MSU doesn't lose many players in 2007 and they play UM and NAU and ISU at home ( PSU the main away game), is there any reason to think they don't have a real good shot at the BSC championship in 2007 and maybe being a top five or ten team( assuming they don't have a one or two game meltdown like last year)

lizrdgizrd
March 7th, 2007, 10:59 AM
Not to try to work up a hellstorm here but considering MSU doesn't lose many players in 2007 and they play UM and NAU and ISU at home ( PSU the main away game), is there any reason to think they don't have a real good shot at the BSC championship in 2007 and maybe being a top five or ten team( assuming they don't have a one or two game meltdown like last year)
I don't think that's out of the question at all. They've got the advantage of some tough games at home instead of away. I wouldn't count them out of the hunt to start. :nod:

OL FU
March 7th, 2007, 12:15 PM
I don't think that's out of the question at all. They've got the advantage of some tough games at home instead of away. I wouldn't count them out of the hunt to start. :nod:

I am secretly working on my poll. sssshhhhh.
My first shot has MSU rated high and I am trying to see if it is justified.:smiley_wi

Peems
March 7th, 2007, 12:18 PM
I am secretly working on my poll. sssshhhhh.
My first shot has MSU rated high and I am trying to see if it is justified.:smiley_wi

they do have a legit shot at the BSC championship, PSU will be tough, and so will the Griz. The Bobcats always seem to have it rolling at the end of the year, so I would say they could possibly work up to a top ten team, but it won't be easy, and if they do they definitely will have earned it. As I stated earlier in the thread i think they go 8-3, maybe 9-2

NE MT GRIZZ
March 7th, 2007, 12:56 PM
The Big Sky should get 3 teams to the playoffs this year barring any freak incidents.

catbob
March 7th, 2007, 02:35 PM

We lose the two big players in the WR corp, and at S. We have some young wideouts who have been waiting for a few years for their chance, and I hope Kramer gives it to them. But we do return the 3rd and 4th string receivers, and we've already brought in a decorated JC WR. I wouldn't be surprised if we end up landing a I-A dropdown before the season starts, but I think we are pretty good as is.

At S, we have a couple guys who played very sparingly behind two outstanding safeties, Ryan Force and Marcosus LeBlanc (no matter how much he was a punk, he was pretty darn good), and brought in a 4-star JC transfer who is expected to start at S or CB if desperately needed, and another JC S who broke a lot of California's passing records, but ended up at S in JC, so you know he can read a QB.

Overall, we had a rough start to last year with injuries, and didn't find our running back until the PSU game (or are QB, for that matter). A healthy backfield (crosses fingers) of Groves, Mason and Taito should be deadly.

I see no reason the Cats won't be at least as good as last year.

CopperCat
March 7th, 2007, 09:29 PM
You know, substitute Albany in for A&M, and you've got a worse schedule that we do.

I know, I know...if ifs and buts were candy and nuts.....

:o : smh :
.....then the griz would have won the national championship, and you would be much fatter after eating all those nuts.:thumbsup:
But that didn't happen now did it. "So shut. The heck. Up."

Walkon79
March 7th, 2007, 11:43 PM

Just talked to Kramer last night. Rolo is the starter until proven otherwise

Walkon79
March 7th, 2007, 11:50 PM
The Griz will be pre-season BSC favorites, as usual, and deservedly so. I think Weber will be better the PSU.

Peems
March 8th, 2007, 10:12 AM
The Griz will be pre-season BSC favorites, as usual, and deservedly so. I think Weber will be better the PSU.

what makes you think so, just wonderin? While I believe that Weber is probably going to be the most improved, I don't think they have improved enough to rival the bobcats, griz, or vikings.

MSUCats
March 10th, 2007, 09:02 PM
A & M has 20 returning starters from last year. They will be tough. I think they will be ranked high in preseason based on their finish in 06. They will be the favorites in the Big 12.