PDA

View Full Version : Idaho AD put on leave

bonarae
April 4th, 2018, 05:15 AM
Now, it's the Vandals' turn... xcoffeex xsmhx

http://www.fcs.football/cfb/story.asp?i=20180403145825948959508&ref=hea&tm=&src=FCS

PAllen
April 4th, 2018, 08:00 AM
Now, it's the Vandals' turn... xcoffeex xsmhx

http://www.fcs.football/cfb/story.asp?i=20180403145825948959508&ref=hea&tm=&src=FCS

So here's what I don't get: If these incidents are reported to the police (which at least one of these was), why 6 years later are they going after the AD? What did the police find in their investigation? If it wasn't enough to bring charges, or disciplinary action at a university level, then why go after the AD? IMO, once it becomes a police matter it is out of the AD's hands, unless he steps back in and tries to run interference for the accused. If that's the case, then why take 5-6 years to go after him for doing so?

VandalBasher
April 4th, 2018, 09:49 AM
Our AD has made some missteps over the years, this isn't one of them. I am certain he followed protocol. The problem is: was it good enough? Times have changed since November of 2017 after the Weinstein recording came out.

These issues were reported to the local police and Jahrie Level ended up "leaving" the team for Stony Brook.

In the end, Rob Spear will be the target that is hit by this issue. He is a good man that takes on a lot of criticism. But, there is no form a cover up culture in our program.

Silenoz
April 4th, 2018, 11:33 AM
Right or wrong, most Vandals are probably super happy to see him squirm

VandalBasher
April 4th, 2018, 12:22 PM
Right or wrong, most Vandals are probably super happy to see him squirm

That is only if you don't know him. If you don't know him (he is simply a personal acquaintance of mine over the years), one would love to throw him under the bus to display some form of decision or action. Others would love to see this happen to him based on their dislike for the move back to the Big Sky. And, there are BJC (Boise Junior College) fans that are in sheer delight of anything negative happening to the UofI.

He has been a good representative of the university. Whatever happens to Rob, he will be just fine and the Vandals will still be in the Big Sky. The results of the inquiry will show he did everything in accordance to bylaws. But, the bus is still coming.

Vandal03
April 4th, 2018, 10:02 PM
That is only if you don't know him. If you don't know him (he is simply a personal acquaintance of mine over the years), one would love to throw him under the bus to display some form of decision or action. Others would love to see this happen to him based on their dislike for the move back to the Big Sky. And, there are BJC (Boise Junior College) fans that are in sheer delight of anything negative happening to the UofI.

He has been a good representative of the university. Whatever happens to Rob, he will be just fine and the Vandals will still be in the Big Sky. The results of the inquiry will show he did everything in accordance to bylaws. But, the bus is still coming.

I haven't followed the details of the story. I really hope Rob Spear did the right thing and will keep his job. I met him once in the checkout line at the Moscow Safeway. I was wearing a Vandal shirt so he introduced himself and we talked about the recent basketball season. I've emailed him a few times over the years and he always wrote thoughtful replies.

kalm
April 5th, 2018, 07:32 AM
Oh yeah? If you think Idaho is turbulent at the moment, EWU now has openings for

AD
Associate AD
Head Xcountry
All three Volleyball coaching positions
Asst Soccer Coach
Asset Dir Athletic Performance
A couple of other admin positions

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2018/apr/04/athletic-department-vacancies-nearing-double-digit/?amp-content=amp&__twitter_impression=true