PDA

View Full Version : Pete's 2005 Schedule Ratings

Pete's Weekly
July 21st, 2005, 06:04 PM
Pete's Weekly and Power Poll is back for 2005. We have begun our annual schedule ratings. They will be posted alphabetically ... by conference. So far we have finished the A-10 and Big Sky. More to come Sunday or Monday. Our preseason poll will be out after the second week of summer camps.

Pete's Weekly & Power Poll (http://www.petespoll.com)

Tribe4SF
July 21st, 2005, 10:13 PM
This site is loaded with misinformation. On just a quick look, they cite W&M as building a new stadium named after Jimmye Laycock (not true) and Northeastern as having 6 home games (not true). If you're going to go to the trouble of running a site like that, at least get the story straight.

ChiefGSU275
July 21st, 2005, 10:16 PM
Somebody drank some Hater-ade today. At least this guy is trying. Give him some time to work the kinks out.

Tribe4SF
July 21st, 2005, 10:27 PM
Evidently he's not new to it. He also cites Villanova as playing six home games (they have only four) and says they play Rutgers at home (they do not).

blukeys
July 22nd, 2005, 12:54 AM
I couldn't find the A-10 conference schedule ratings. Maybe I'm dumb but That's what I thought the post was about.

Pete's is a MidWest site and overrates the Gateway anyway.

eagleskins
July 22nd, 2005, 02:36 AM
Somebody drank some Hater-ade today. At least this guy is trying. Give him some time to work the kinks out.

Nice. But I also think he ate the Hater Tots.

Tribe4SF
July 22nd, 2005, 04:16 AM
I couldn't find the A-10 conference schedule ratings. Maybe I'm dumb but That's what I thought the post was about.

Pete's is a MidWest site and overrates the Gateway anyway.

Upper left under "Features"..."Pete's Schedule Rankings".

saint0917
July 22nd, 2005, 05:54 AM
Evidently he's not new to it. He also cites Villanova as playing six home games (they have only four) and says they play Rutgers at home (they do not).

I was looking under " I-AA Stadium Info." and it Umass with a "Synthetic" Surface. It's not, it's Natural Grass. I think they are going to change it, but I don't think they changed it yet.

Gil Dobie
July 22nd, 2005, 06:37 AM
What schools are in the Great Western conference?

bluehenbillk
July 22nd, 2005, 06:51 AM
I noticed that Pete has conference strength measured as of last November & he has the Gateway as #1, that loses all credibility with me right there.

saint0917
July 22nd, 2005, 07:38 AM
What schools are in the Great Western conference?

Cal Poly
North Dakota State
Northern Colorado
South Dakota State
Southern Utah
UC Davis

Gil Dobie
July 22nd, 2005, 07:55 AM
Cal Poly
North Dakota State
Northern Colorado
South Dakota State
Southern Utah
UC Davis

Who's in the Great West Football Conference then? ;)

GannonFan
July 22nd, 2005, 09:19 AM
I noticed that Pete has conference strength measured as of last November & he has the Gateway as #1, that loses all credibility with me right there.

Not only was the Gateway #1 last year (with only 2 teams making the playoffs and the rest of the conference playing near .500 ball or lower I'm not sure how he managed that rating - I could see the Gateway being top rated in 2003 but last year? Sheesh!) but the A-10 was all the way down to 3rd behind the Southland as well. I know he's trying and he's promoting IAA football, but golly, he's quite a bit off the mark, IMO. And that's not even bringing up the points that others have made just with the errors in schedules and home/away games.

Fordham
July 22nd, 2005, 09:26 AM
hrrrrrumph ...

yet more of that midwest/west coast bias ...

;)

GannonFan
July 22nd, 2005, 09:28 AM
hrrrrrumph ...

yet more of that midwest/west coast bias ...

;)

Damn Prairie States.

laparka316
July 22nd, 2005, 10:11 AM
For a refreshingly uninformed look at I-AA football, be sure to check out the Admin posts on the forum! Or wait, DON'T... just keep reading here and never look at or discuss that website again.

bluehenbillk
July 22nd, 2005, 10:23 AM
Uninformed could be an understatement, it's great that it's an outlet for 1-AA talk but I looked at that forum & the mistakes & viewpoints are just unbelievable.

Cap'n Cat
July 22nd, 2005, 10:26 AM

Pete and I have had many differences in the past, but he's right on with the Gateway at #1. Only the season will tell. Waiting for the Delaware/UNI semifinal game in the Dome this year to return that 2003 ass-whoopin' we got!

Proud Griz Man
July 22nd, 2005, 10:28 AM
Regarding the Big Sky Conference:

Pete raises good points about the difficult games on the Montana State and Portland State schedules, but I was looking at the Eastern Washington schedule as being pretty damned difficult IMO. :eek:

Montana is working to erase its budget deficit, which has heavily influenced scheduling decisions. He is accurate about Montana's schedule being unusual, as UM has often played difficult schedules in past years. :cool:

putter
July 22nd, 2005, 10:31 AM
Wow, Montana has the weakest schedule in the Big Sky!? I didn't know that scheduling Ft. Lewis would make us last in the conference :confused:

saint0917
July 22nd, 2005, 10:33 AM
Who's in the Great West Football Conference then? ;)

I get it now, I'm a little slow but the light bulb does come on once in awhile. Pete has it listed as Great Western, it should be Great West :doh:

Tribe4SF
July 22nd, 2005, 01:37 PM
Uninformed could be an understatement, it's great that it's an outlet for 1-AA talk but I looked at that forum & the mistakes & viewpoints are just unbelievable.

I just checked his forum, and all I can say is WOW! :eek: This guy rewrites history on a continual basis.

eaglesrthe1
July 22nd, 2005, 01:52 PM
Wow, Montana has the weakest schedule in the Big Sky!? I didn't know that scheduling Ft. Lewis would make us last in the conference :confused:

A major contributor to schedule strength when comparing conference schedules is the fact that every school in your conference will receive a boost from playing Montana, where Montana cannot get the same boost because they do not play themselves. Since everybody in the conference plays everybody else, you will see the weakest teams from the previous year moved up in SOS, while the strongest teams move down. Look at the URI SOS compared to the JMU SOS in the A-10.