PDA

View Full Version : A&T vs. Jacksonville State (FCS Kickoff) Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3

WestCoastAggie
April 2nd, 2018, 07:47 PM
The game is going to happen.

According to Stats FCS, both sides agreed to the terms of the game and it's going to be played in Montgomery, Alabama.

So lets get the thread, and smack on and popping!

xdrunkyx

JSUSoutherner
April 2nd, 2018, 07:49 PM
Yawn.

RootinFerDukes
April 3rd, 2018, 05:48 AM
Poor JSU can’t get an FCS kickoff in their own stadium. What a shame. I don’t think the one last year sold out.

JSUSoutherner
April 3rd, 2018, 05:57 AM
Poor JSU can’t get an FCS kickoff in their own stadium. What a shame. I don’t think the one last year sold out.
Talk to ESPN.

Montgomery is paying them more than we would.

dgtw
April 3rd, 2018, 06:11 AM
I’m just glad we are done with this stupid game after this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

UNHWildcat18
April 3rd, 2018, 06:23 AM
I'm happy for both schools for getting the exposure but I'm sorry schools shouldn't get to host two years in a row. There are enough programs with great venues to do this. Why no JMU SDSU ISUr UD MSU. A missed opportunity and I wish they kept this game going after this year.

ESPN took a good thing and ****ed it up again. Making a team "partners" for two years is dumb, making its home the Crampton bowl is dumb, renaming it the guardian credit union Montgomery kickoff classic was also dumb. ESPN really can't get out of its own way

dgtw
April 3rd, 2018, 07:23 AM
There is another game scheduled for next year. I pray they don’t drag us back into it.

WestCoastAggie
April 3rd, 2018, 11:02 AM
Y'all are starting to have me really concerned about this now. xeyebrowx

TheKingpin28
April 3rd, 2018, 11:48 AM
Just wait until the sandbagging starts...

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

JSUSoutherner
April 3rd, 2018, 11:52 AM
Y'all are starting to have me really concerned about this now. xeyebrowx
I mean it will still be a good game. Just a lot of us JSU folks are annoyed by having to drive 2.5 hours to play the game in a stadium considerably less nice than ours.

Plus the early week really screws with scheduling. We’re gonna have our two Bye weeks in September. Then we’re gonna run the 8 OVC games and end with KSU.

ASU33
April 3rd, 2018, 12:51 PM

Yeah I didn't understand moving the game away from campuses at all.

JSUSoutherner
April 3rd, 2018, 04:23 PM
Yeah I didn't understand moving the game away from campuses at all.
$$$$$$$$$$

Bisonator
April 3rd, 2018, 07:59 PM
I'm happy for both schools for getting the exposure but I'm sorry schools shouldn't get to host two years in a row. There are enough programs with great venues to do this. Why no JMU SDSU ISUr UD MSU. A missed opportunity and I wish they kept this game going after this year.

ESPN took a good thing and ****ed it up again. Making a team "partners" for two years is dumb, making its home the Crampton bowl is dumb, renaming it the guardian credit union Montgomery kickoff classic was also dumb. ESPN really can't get out of its own way
This. Plus the fact they put multiple games on early now including FBS. This was a great idea then they effed it up as usual when they think more is better.

Milktruck74
April 3rd, 2018, 08:19 PM
I mean it will still be a good game. Just a lot of us JSU folks are annoyed by having to drive 2.5 hours to play the game in a stadium considerably less nice than ours.

Plus the early week really screws with scheduling. We’re gonna have our two Bye weeks in September. Then we’re gonna run the 8 OVC games and end with KSU.

The GAUNTLET!!!!!!

JSUSoutherner
April 3rd, 2018, 08:22 PM
The GAUNTLET!!!!!!

It doesn’t matter who it is.

9 games straight is a helluva stretch. Especially when the last team of that stretch is a team like Kennesaw.

dgtw
April 4th, 2018, 06:11 AM

9 games straight is a helluva stretch. Especially when the last team of that stretch is a team like Kennesaw.

Playing Kennesaw after winning eight straight OVC games didn’t work out too well last year.

Milktruck74
April 4th, 2018, 07:19 AM

At FUMA we did 3 games in 8 days and 5 in 15....that is a gauntlet.... Kids today are SOFT.....Now stay outta my yard!!!!! Ha.

And We did it with Leather Helmets!!!!! HA.

AggieManiac704
April 4th, 2018, 10:03 AM
lol

WestCoastAggie
April 4th, 2018, 10:27 AM
At FUMA we did 3 games in 8 days and 5 in 15....that is a gauntlet.... Kids today are SOFT.....Now stay outta my yard!!!!! Ha.

And We did it with Leather Helmets!!!!! HA.Nimby Alert!

BisonFan02
April 4th, 2018, 11:31 AM
Klieman has said he isn't a fan of the game due to summer schedules and how it affects the rest of the season. NDSU probably won't even consider it ever again as long as the current staff is in place.

JSUSoutherner
April 4th, 2018, 12:04 PM
Klieman has said he isn't a fan of the game due to summer schedules and how it affects the rest of the season. NDSU probably won't even consider it ever again as long as the current staff is in place.
Hopefully Grass won’t either.

Being on ESPN against a quality opponent is great and all but it just messes with too much other stuff.

ASU33
April 4th, 2018, 02:52 PM
The atmosphere for this game would've been so much better in Greensboro or in Jacksonville.

JSUSoutherner
April 4th, 2018, 03:30 PM
The atmosphere for this game would've been so much better in Greensboro or in Jacksonville.
It’s a guaranteed 22,000+ in Jacksonville.

Our home openers are always full houses.

We had 23,944 last year. 56 short of a sellout.

Professor
April 5th, 2018, 11:50 AM
Well the Aggies i've talked to are excited. We have a huge alum base in ATL and they are getting buses to the game

JSUSoutherner
April 5th, 2018, 02:30 PM
Well the Aggies i've talked to are excited. We have a huge alum base in ATL and they are getting buses to the game
Good to hear. Hope you guys bring a crowd.

WestCoastAggie
April 5th, 2018, 04:35 PM
Good to hear. Hope you guys bring a crowd.

I think we'll do better than UTC did last year.

JSUSoutherner
April 5th, 2018, 04:50 PM
I think we'll do better than UTC did last year.
The Southerners alone brought more fans than UTC.

True story.

ASU33
April 5th, 2018, 06:14 PM
I'll make the drive down for this game. Quite a few SWAC/HBCU alums who are close will probably make the drive too!

jsualumnus
April 8th, 2018, 07:33 AM
If you knew anything about how this whole FCS kickoff thing works then you would know ESPN handles the scheduling. Sit down...

jsualumnus
April 8th, 2018, 07:38 AM
Playing Kennesaw after winning eight straight OVC games didn’t work out too well last year.

No kidding! It was brutal playing soft teams then having to go against one of the smallest teams in the FCS who could flat out play ball!

SU DOG
April 8th, 2018, 09:44 AM
Hopefully Grass won’t either.

Being on ESPN against a quality opponent is great and all but it just messes with too much other stuff.

Exactly. I at first lobbied hard for this game, and I think our administration was about to approve it. If I understand correctly, however, it isn't a non-counter, like say a game vs Hawaii.
Hope we can play you guys in the Playoffs if things work out.
As for the game's matchup, I think it will be interesting and exciting.

ASU33
April 8th, 2018, 10:07 AM
Exactly. I at first lobbied hard for this game, and I think our administration was about to approve it. If I understand correctly, however, it isn't a non-counter, like say a game vs Hawaii.
Hope we can play you guys in the Playoffs if things work out.
As for the game's matchup, I think it will be interesting and exciting.

Its been how many years since you guys last met?

JSUSoutherner
April 8th, 2018, 11:48 AM
Its been how many years since you guys last met?
Last time we played was 2013 when we beat the bulldog out of them in the playoffs.

dgtw
April 8th, 2018, 03:03 PM
We haven’t played in the regular season since 2007, their last year in the OVC. Supposedly they wouldn’t play us again because they were mad at Jack Crowe about something, but I have never heard any details.

jsugamecockfan
April 8th, 2018, 07:51 PM
I logged onto the website to see about tickets and it still has the UTC game on there and says tickets are no longer on sale.

Milktruck74
April 10th, 2018, 06:31 AM
I logged onto the website to see about tickets and it still has the UTC game on there and says tickets are no longer on sale.

Professionalism....at its best.

Professor
May 14th, 2018, 03:47 PM
What was the link? Has it been updated

ASU33
May 15th, 2018, 01:17 PM
https://www.guardiankickoffclassic.comhttps://www.guardiankickoffclassic.com

I got nothing

Professor
May 15th, 2018, 03:17 PM
me either

JSUSoutherner
May 15th, 2018, 03:25 PM
Try this.

https://www.guardiankickoffclassic.com

WestCoastAggie
August 20th, 2018, 03:39 PM
It's Game Week!

JSUSoutherner
August 20th, 2018, 04:40 PM
It's Game Week!
Yawn.

cx500d
August 20th, 2018, 07:01 PM
Yawn.
If you’re scared, just say so.

TheKingpin28
August 20th, 2018, 07:02 PM
It's Game Week!

Did the summer really fly by that fast?

RootinFerDukes
August 20th, 2018, 07:03 PM
I’ll say it here since it went relatively unnoticed in the AGS poll thread.

Is the loser of this game worth ranking, especially if it wasn’t a very competitive loss for A&T?

TheRevSFA
August 20th, 2018, 07:04 PM
Yawn.

Just remember, I have paypal and Venmo both

cx500d
August 20th, 2018, 07:23 PM
I’ll say it here since it went relatively unnoticed in the AGS poll thread.

Is the loser of this game worth ranking, especially if it wasn’t a very competitive loss for A&T?
No

JSUSoutherner
August 20th, 2018, 08:16 PM

Good, it will be easy for you to pay up then.

TheRevSFA
August 20th, 2018, 08:22 PM
Good, it will be easy for you to pay up then.

Keep sleeping on A&T, as apparent by your yawn comments

JSUSoutherner
August 20th, 2018, 08:26 PM
Keep sleeping on A&T, as apparent by your yawn comments
My yawn comments aren't directed at A&T

katss07
August 20th, 2018, 09:55 PM
A&T is a playoff caliber team I believe and I think this should be a really fun game. Will definitely be watching. Obviously the MEAC doesn’t get an auto bid so a team has to be good (and not go to CB) to make the playoffs which is usually a team’s time to show what they’ve got on a national stage. Here’s your chance A&T.

I’ll go ahead and pick Jacksonville State to win, but I definitely will be cheering for the Aggies.

cx500d
August 20th, 2018, 10:16 PM
I can’t believe you placed a sucker bet on someone less fortunate than you

JSUSoutherner
August 20th, 2018, 10:20 PM

Maybe since I'm "less fortunate", when he loses he'll be able to make it a charity write off.

WestCoastAggie
August 20th, 2018, 10:43 PM
Fun fact:

NCAT has only two penalties called and accepted in the Celebration Bowl for only 10 yards.

Most of the players in that game will be playing on Saturday.

TheRevSFA
August 20th, 2018, 11:09 PM

Well what can you do

Big Dawg
August 20th, 2018, 11:34 PM
This is a tough one to call...I think Jacksonville State is the clear favorite, but I think A&T may be better than many people may think. I do have questions about the Aggies because of Broadway retiring, but Washington has been with the program for quite some time and the players are familiar with him.

JaxSU will be better than most(if not all) of the teams A&T faced last season. The MEAC really needs A&T to pull off the victory or at the very least, give JaxSU a hell of a fight.

The Yo Show
August 21st, 2018, 01:08 AM
I'm just glad college football is back and starts this week!

Cocky
August 21st, 2018, 07:04 AM
Appears the JSU starting QB and RB will have once been on teams in the Carolinas, South Carolina.

WestCoastAggie
August 21st, 2018, 08:52 AM
(STATS) - Jacksonville State will have a mobile quarterback this season, but the announcement of who's the season-opening starter is under wraps.
Coach John Grass said Monday the choice between Zerrick Cooper and Zion Webb will be announced Saturday before the sixth-ranked Gamecocks face No. 14 North Carolina A&T in the season-opening FCS Kickoff at Montgomery, Alabama.

http://www.fcs.football/cfb/story.asp?i=20180820184225132329204&ref=hea&tm=&src=FCS

My money is on Cooper starting and Jax State trying to establish their run game early.

Cocky
August 21st, 2018, 09:14 AM
(STATS) - Jacksonville State will have a mobile quarterback this season, but the announcement of who's the season-opening starter is under wraps.
Coach John Grass said Monday the choice between Zerrick Cooper and Zion Webb will be announced Saturday before the sixth-ranked Gamecocks face No. 14 North Carolina A&T in the season-opening FCS Kickoff at Montgomery, Alabama.

http://www.fcs.football/cfb/story.asp?i=20180820184225132329204&ref=hea&tm=&src=FCS

My money is on Cooper starting and Jax State trying to establish their run game early.

If rumors are correct, you are correct. But speaking to several who have watched many practices, do not be surprised if Webb takes over the starting role.

WestCoastAggie
August 21st, 2018, 09:44 AM
If rumors are correct, you are correct. But speaking to several who have watched many practices, do not be surprised if Webb takes over the starting role.

Cooper played decently in the Syracuse game.

Bison56
August 21st, 2018, 09:45 AM
A&T is a playoff caliber team I believe and I think this should be a really fun game. Will definitely be watching. Obviously the MEAC doesn’t get an auto bid so a team has to be good (and not go to CB) to make the playoffs which is usually a team’s time to show what they’ve got on a national stage. Here’s your chance A&T.

I’ll go ahead and pick Jacksonville State to win, but I definitely will be cheering for the Aggies.

Me too.

JSUSoutherner
August 21st, 2018, 09:53 AM
Cooper played decently in the Syracuse game.
Yeah, too bad his offensive line didn't.

AggieManiac704
August 21st, 2018, 12:58 PM
I'm ready

JSUSoutherner
August 21st, 2018, 02:01 PM
I'm ready

It'll be Saturday before you know it.

caribbeanhen
August 21st, 2018, 02:17 PM
going with NC A&T...

WileECoyote06
August 21st, 2018, 02:22 PM
Pulling for the Aggies. But if y’all lose I’ll be right there to tease you like y’all did us when we lost to Grumbling.

JSUSoutherner
August 21st, 2018, 03:05 PM
going with NC A&T...
You would.

caribbeanhen
August 21st, 2018, 08:12 PM
You would.

it was a coin flip

JSUSoutherner
August 21st, 2018, 08:16 PM
It's lit.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180822/f6cbcf7e78106c80b59e6ac39c731b93.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy S9+ using Tapatalk

TheKingpin28
August 21st, 2018, 08:54 PM
It's lit.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180822/f6cbcf7e78106c80b59e6ac39c731b93.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy S9+ using Tapatalk

How long have you been a student? Damn, I thought I set the record for 7 years, but you have to be getting close to that.

JSUSoutherner
August 21st, 2018, 08:59 PM
How long have you been a student? Damn, I thought I set the record for 7 years, but you have to be getting close to that.

This is the start of year 5. Should be graduating next fall. Had a major change in 2015 and I'm double majoring now.

TheKingpin28
August 21st, 2018, 09:09 PM
This is the start of year 5. Should be graduating next fall. Had a major change in 2015 and I'm double majoring now.Nothing wrong with 6 years of partying, just make sure it was worth it. xdrunkyx

JSUSoutherner
August 21st, 2018, 09:14 PM
Nothing wrong with 6 years of partying, just make sure it was worth it. xdrunkyx

I'll graduate with two degrees so as long as I get a job that pays after graduation it will be worth it.

Panther88
August 21st, 2018, 10:15 PM
I'll graduate with two degrees so as long as I get a job that pays after graduation it will be worth it.

Enjoy your life man. Work and stress will still be here once you graduate so don’t rush it. Enjoy that 4.00 at the end of the semester.

cx500d
August 21st, 2018, 11:04 PM
Two degrees don’t mean twice the paycheck.

It can also be a double edge sword based on what they are. When I was applying for some jobs a few years ago, I would leave one or the other of my grad degrees off my targeted resume depending on the position because you can be viewed as having spread yourself a little thin in order to get two degrees and thus aren’t strong or expert in either. If they do have a nexus, then you can be viewed as having too narrow of a focus.

kperk014
August 22nd, 2018, 03:53 AM
Dang I'm in the wrong place! I thought this was the Gardening Bowl.

Bison56
August 22nd, 2018, 06:33 AM
Dang I'm in the wrong place! I thought this was the Gardening Bowl.

Me too, I was looking for info on how to grow bigger tomatoes.

caribbeanhen
August 22nd, 2018, 08:16 AM
Me too, I was looking for info on how to grow bigger tomatoes.

Monsanto, but they don't taste like much these days

CockyGeek
August 22nd, 2018, 10:02 AM
I jokingly said we were going to have to play A&T when they couldn't find someone closer to play in this game, and here we are! I have no idea what is going to happen in this game. Apparently our offense is much improved, but we could be seeing a whole new unpredictable defense too. Either side could get blown out or it could be a close game. We have no FBS games and we also have to play MVSU because of teams dropping out of games, so we NEED this win to stay relevant.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

JSUSoutherner
August 22nd, 2018, 10:33 AM
Two degrees don’t mean twice the paycheck.

It can also be a double edge sword based on what they are. When I was applying for some jobs a few years ago, I would leave one or the other of my grad degrees off my targeted resume depending on the position because you can be viewed as having spread yourself a little thin in order to get two degrees and thus aren’t strong or expert in either. If they do have a nexus, then you can be viewed as having too narrow of a focus.

Trust me, I'm perfectly aware of this. The degrees won't be the only things on my resume after graduation either. It still a work in progress.

TheKingpin28
August 22nd, 2018, 03:25 PM

Somehow I convinced NDSU to give me a sheet of paper with the gentlemen's understanding that I would hopefully not return to school for awhile.

Thumper 76
August 22nd, 2018, 03:38 PM
Fairly sure no matter how this game turns out a lot of people’s minds won’t change. Seems like a lot of people watching this game just hope for a chance to rag on either team IMO.

JSUSoutherner
August 22nd, 2018, 03:40 PM
Fairly sure no matter how this game turns out a lot of people’s minds won’t change. Seems like a lot of people watching this game just hope for a chance to rag on either team IMO.

Nothing to gain, everything to lose.

Big Dawg
August 23rd, 2018, 12:27 AM
Nothing to gain, everything to lose.

Maybe for Jacksonville State, but for NCA&T, there's a bunch to gain. Sure the MEAC doesn't send it's champ to the playoffs, but MEAC teams and alumni are also tired of being viewed as a laughing stock when it comes to playing OOC FCS teams...and the game is nationally televised. For A&T, I do think there is a bit of a chip on their shoulder heading into this one.

An A&T victory would certainly set the tone for the MEAC and the season.

Milktruck74
August 23rd, 2018, 03:48 AM
Maybe for Jacksonville State, but for NCA&T, there's a bunch to gain. Sure the MEAC doesn't send it's champ to the playoffs, but MEAC teams and alumni are also tired of being viewed as a laughing stock when it comes to playing OOC FCS teams...and the game is nationally televised. For A&T, I do think there is a bit of a chip on their shoulder heading into this one.

Amen. I think this is a statement game for both teams and HBU Football in general. Sorry to lay that burden on A&T, but it really is the only opportunity to see a top notch HBU team pitted against a top notch non-HBU FCS team. Anytime your team (and really the entire conference...or conferences) stays in a small bubble, people want to find out how good you really are. There are so many unknowns with this game....but we will all know answers on Saturday.

TheRevSFA
August 23rd, 2018, 07:06 AM
Well how many people dismissed A&T right off the bat because they are MEAC?

You can be honest, this is a safe space.

Milktruck74
August 23rd, 2018, 07:36 AM
Well how many people dismissed A&T right off the bat because they are MEAC?

You can be honest, this is a safe space.

Honestly, I don't think a 12 win season in the MEAC or SWAC puts a team in the "Elite" category. My personal feeling is a 8 win SoCon, Big Sky, CAA, Southland and probably a middle of the pack MVFC would be able to beat the winner of the Celebration Bowl by 17. That Said......A&T has every opportunity to prove me (and many of the rest of us) wrong on Saturday. I'm glad to see A&T getting outside of their OOC Comfort Zone and stepping up. I'm hoping for an exciting kickoff to the season, but my head says it won't even be close.

WestCoastAggie
August 23rd, 2018, 07:48 AM
Amen. I think this is a statement game for both teams and HBU Football in general. Sorry to lay that burden on A&T, but it really is the only opportunity to see a top notch HBU team pitted against a top notch non-HBU FCS team. Anytime your team (and really the entire conference...or conferences) stays in a small bubble, people want to find out how good you really are. There are so many unknowns with this game....but we will all know answers on Saturday.

Realistically, the MEAC as a whole is not a bottom-feeder conference this year. We should be in line with the Big South, NEC, and OVC. It's not saying much, but we've come a long way from being below the SWAC and Pioneer.

The top teams in the conference have been desperately working to catch up to A&T, and A&T's steadily improving.

I really can't wait for you all to see how well we play Saturday night. I'm not saying we will win, but we will shock many with our effort, discipline and acumen.

TheRevSFA
August 23rd, 2018, 08:05 AM
Honestly, I don't think a 12 win season in the MEAC or SWAC puts a team in the "Elite" category. My personal feeling is a 8 win SoCon, Big Sky, CAA, Southland and probably a middle of the pack MVFC would be able to beat the winner of the Celebration Bowl by 17. That Said......A&T has every opportunity to prove me (and many of the rest of us) wrong on Saturday. I'm glad to see A&T getting outside of their OOC Comfort Zone and stepping up. I'm hoping for an exciting kickoff to the season, but my head says it won't even be close.

JSU isn't exactly in an elite conference of their own. The OVC is actually ranked weaker than the Southland...

Milktruck74
August 23rd, 2018, 08:08 AM
JSU isn't exactly in an elite conference of their own. The OVC is actually ranked weaker than the Southland...

Notice theOVC wasn't listed....Hahaha.

WestCoastAggie
August 23rd, 2018, 08:12 AM

The team, Athletics Program and School as a whole, will have something to prove Saturday.

Milktruck74
August 23rd, 2018, 08:14 AM
Realistically, the MEAC as a whole is not a bottom-feeder conference this year. We should be in line with the Big South, NEC, and OVC. It's not saying much, but we've come a long way from being below the SWAC and Pioneer.

The top teams in the conference have been desperately working to catch up to A&T, and A&T's steadily improving.

I really can't wait for you all to see how well we play Saturday night. I'm not saying we will win, but we will shock many with our effort, discipline and acumen.

I tend to agree that the MEAC is improving, I think you are catching up to the middle of the OVC, NEC and BS. The problem has been that there is no true litmus test to prove this, since most of the SWAC and MEAC don't schedule other FCS teams...Generally a nearby D2 HBCU or a FBS Money Game. Not blaming them for those decisions, but it doesn't let us interpolate much about the conferences vs others. A&T has the weight of the entire HBCUs on their shoulders this weekend....fair or not, it is a fact. Hopefully they step up and play well....then their will just be more debate....but if they crap the bed and get thumped, it will set back both conferences (in terms of being considered on the same level), for a while.....or until the next good HBCU decides to step out and play a top 10 FBS squad (which could be 10 more years).

WestCoastAggie
August 23rd, 2018, 08:53 AM
I tend to agree that the MEAC is improving, I think you are catching up to the middle of the OVC, NEC and BS. The problem has been that there is no true litmus test to prove this, since most of the SWAC and MEAC don't schedule other FCS teams...Generally a nearby D2 HBCU or a FBS Money Game. Not blaming them for those decisions, but it doesn't let us interpolate much about the conferences vs others. A&T has the weight of the entire HBCUs on their shoulders this weekend....fair or not, it is a fact. Hopefully they step up and play well....then their will just be more debate....but if they crap the bed and get thumped, it will set back both conferences (in terms of being considered on the same level), for a while.....or until the next good HBCU decides to step out and play a top 10 FBS squad (which could be 10 more years).

Howard has a intriguing FCS game at the end of the season against NEC contender Bryant.

WileECoyote06
August 23rd, 2018, 09:30 AM

I disagree. MEAC teams play other FCS teams. It's just rare to see the conference favorites get a shot at other top FCS teams OOC. It's also rare to see a MEAC program be consistently good for four to five years.

bigchocolate
August 23rd, 2018, 09:33 AM

A&T will come in and play a football game. All this about having the pressures of the entire HBCU world on their shoulders is a crock of $#!+. I think if there is pressure it should be on the AGS members who seem to believe all teams and conferences can improve with the exception of the MEAC and SWAC. As I reviewed the AGS polls, it is almost unanimous that Jacksonville State is regarded as a top 10 program. If/when A&T defeats JSU by a substantial margin, I challenge your viewers to look inward at themselves and not punish the Gamecocks too much in the polls for losing to or being played closely by a very good Aggie team. We all are excited about gaging how these 2 programs stack up against each other...what this isn't is a season ending venture for either team...it is nothing more than "The Season Opener".

Big Dawg
August 23rd, 2018, 09:45 AM
A middle of the road BCU beat a Middle of the road Southland team last year...

ASU33
August 23rd, 2018, 01:37 PM
A&T will come in and play a football game. All this about having the pressures of the entire HBCU world on their shoulders is a crock of $#!+. I think if there is pressure it should be on the AGS members who seem to believe all teams and conferences can improve with the exception of the MEAC and SWAC. As I reviewed the AGS polls, it is almost unanimous that Jacksonville State is regarded as a top 10 program. If/when A&T defeats JSU by a substantial margin, I challenge your viewers to look inward at themselves and not punish the Gamecocks too much in the polls for losing to or being played closely by a very good Aggie team. We all are excited about gaging how these 2 programs stack up against each other...what this isn't is a season ending venture for either team...it is nothing more than "The Season Opener".

This!

JSUSoutherner
August 23rd, 2018, 03:49 PM
http://thefcswedge.com/uncategorized/preview-fcs-kickoff-2018/

cx500d
August 23rd, 2018, 04:51 PM
http://thefcswedge.com/uncategorized/preview-fcs-kickoff-2018/

https://thenypost.files.wordpress.com/2016/09/tv_simpsons_homer1-1a.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&strip=all

JSUSoutherner
August 23rd, 2018, 04:52 PM
https://thenypost.files.wordpress.com/2016/09/tv_simpsons_homer1-1a.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&strip=all
wut

DEX
August 23rd, 2018, 07:12 PM

Hopefully we will surprise a lot of folks. I think we've been getting out of our comfort zone in scheduling for a while. In the last 5 years we beat #21 App State(with only 30 scholarships) ; lost to #5 Coastal Carolina 30-31; beat Elon; Beat Kent State and beat Charlotte. JSU without a doubt will be the toughest of all but our guys usually play well in OOC games. I'm praying that continues on Saturday.

katss07
August 23rd, 2018, 09:53 PM
A middle of the road BCU beat a Middle of the road Southland team last year...
Yeah, that middle of the road MEAC team finished third in the conference and played A&T really close.

Again, even though there technically eligible, its unfortunate we won’t get to see what the MEAC can do on a national level in the playoffs. It would be big for the MEAC and HBCUs if A&T could pull this off. Hope they don’t come out and ruin this like they did aginst UR in the playoffs a bit ago.

DEX
August 23rd, 2018, 10:53 PM
Yeah, that middle of the road MEAC team finished third in the conference and played A&T really close.

Again, even though there technically eligible, its unfortunate we won’t get to see what the MEAC can do on a national level in the playoffs. It would be big for the MEAC and HBCUs if A&T could pull this off. Hope they don’t come out and ruin this like they did aginst UR in the playoffs a bit ago.

After playing MEAC teams for the last eight weeks of our schedule theres not much chance of winning a playoff game.

POD Knows
August 24th, 2018, 09:16 AM

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkI am going to drop the loser out of my top 25 just for spite.

Bison56
August 24th, 2018, 09:28 AM

I have all my posts typed up ready to unload here on the losers.

POD Knows
August 24th, 2018, 09:34 AM
I have all my posts typed up ready to unload here on the losers.Yea, me too, this is almost too easy.

JSUSoutherner
August 24th, 2018, 09:39 AM
I have all my posts typed up ready to unload here on the losers.
Ooh. Can we get a sneak peak?

Milktruck74
August 24th, 2018, 12:11 PM

I'm not really saying it's fair, but it is the truth....we don't really get to see the HBCUs take on top notch FCS competition. When is the last time the top ranked SWAC or MEAC team played a top 10 (or even top 20) FCS team OOC? IT is like a bottle of Unicorn Piss....RARE!!!! So, fair or not.....maybe a better statement is...."the JUDGEMENT of Most of the FCS fans from conferences with playoff bids for both the SWAC and MEAC lies on the shoulders of A&T tomorrow night." I hope to see a good game, but we just don't really have any history to go by....

TheKingpin28
August 24th, 2018, 03:23 PM
Ooh. Can we get a sneak peak?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqMopw3a6vw

xlolx

SLIGHTLY NSFW

JSUSoutherner
August 24th, 2018, 03:46 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqMopw3a6vw

xlolx

SLIGHTLY NSFW

Quality content.

TheKingpin28
August 24th, 2018, 03:49 PM
Quality content.

You asked for a sneak peak and you get what you asked for. xnodx

cx500d
August 24th, 2018, 03:51 PM
Quality content.

Thats mild...This is the kind of quality positive reinforcement I like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Lrxt5RU5Kk

JSUSoutherner
August 25th, 2018, 09:23 AM
IT'S GAME DAY!

Thumper 76
August 25th, 2018, 10:30 AM
IT'S GAME DAY!

Awwwwww yiss

VandalBasher
August 25th, 2018, 10:52 AM
Based on what I know about these teams, it is going to be a hell of a game.

I will be silently rooting for A&T because I love to root for the underdog and my time at Fort Bragg, NC.

A&T scores first, possibly on a punt or kickoff return.
JSU wins by 10 in the fourth quarter.

WestCoastAggie
August 25th, 2018, 11:02 AM
IT'S GAME DAY!

Woo-Hoo!

POD Knows
August 25th, 2018, 11:02 AM
IT'S GAME DAY!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzwlhHdhOcc

TheRevSFA
August 25th, 2018, 11:38 AM
Looking forward to JSUsoutherner paying up on this game

katss07
August 25th, 2018, 11:52 AM
I hope JSU decides they want to play offense

JSUSoutherner
August 25th, 2018, 12:41 PM
I hope JSU decides they want to play offense

You're not the only one.

Katfan
August 25th, 2018, 03:43 PM
Can’t wait! Good Luck to both teams

WestCoastAggie
August 25th, 2018, 03:52 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/4Cpgf1zzMMy4w/giphy.gif

dgtw
August 25th, 2018, 04:16 PM
It is hot here.

Schism55
August 25th, 2018, 05:27 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzwlhHdhOcc

Hell
to the
YES!!!

Bison Fan in NW MN
August 25th, 2018, 05:52 PM
Looking forward to watching some FCS football......finally....long 7 months...xnodx

Schism55
August 25th, 2018, 06:03 PM
Got Elysian Space Dust IPA in the mug and homegrown Blue Dream in the pipe...Let's goooooooo!!!

Bison56
August 25th, 2018, 06:04 PM
Great sound so far.

TheKingpin28
August 25th, 2018, 06:05 PM
The stands are emptier than a politicians promise.

The Yo Show
My first reaction... There is very little attendance at this game.... For one on ESPN the stands look really bare.

TheKingpin28
That audio is way off.

The Yo Show
Slightly beat me to my observation... Haha and yours is funnier. Tip of the hat to you sir.

- - - Updated - - -

Slightly beat me to my observation... Haha and yours is funnier. Tip of the hat to you sir.

katss07
August 25th, 2018, 06:06 PM
**** this place is empty

Lorne_Malvo
Nothing on the espn app. Says not started. Just me?

Bison Fan in NW MN
That audio is way off.

Yep...freaking ESPN....

TheKingpin28
August 25th, 2018, 06:08 PM

- - - Updated - - -

It's pathetic. How could they not fill the stands?

The Yo Show
August 25th, 2018, 06:08 PM
A&Ts defense looks tough. Everyone else having sound issues? As in the sound is a very long time behind the video?

TheKingpin28
August 25th, 2018, 06:09 PM
Yep...freaking ESPN....

When there are FBS games, why would they care how piss poor of a product they put out? xcoffeex

TheKingpin28
Looks like the audio finally caught up to the film.

The Yo Show
Ok so everyone is experiencing the sound issue hahaha. And I have no idea. That place should look alot more full. You have to at least sell 50% out... But much higher would be better.

TheKingpin28
August 25th, 2018, 06:11 PM
Ok so everyone is experiencing the sound issue hahaha. And I have no idea. That place should look alot more full. You have to at least sell 50% out... But much higher would be better.

I get that it is in Montgomery, but why would someone not want to go to their 1st game of the season, against supposed equal competition?

katss07
August 25th, 2018, 06:11 PM
JSU fans travel well apparently.

Bison56
August 25th, 2018, 06:12 PM
Embarrassing turn out in the stands.

Thumper 76
August 25th, 2018, 06:13 PM
Jfc this looks like a playoff game in Brookings in December.

TheKingpin28
August 25th, 2018, 06:15 PM
Jfc this looks like a playoff game in Brookings in December.

Yet, they chose to put it on ESPN though? xlolx

Bison56
August 25th, 2018, 06:15 PM
[QUOTE=Thumper 76;2659933]Jfc this looks like a playoff game in Brookings in December.

Sent from my iPhone using

C'mon it's not that bad.

katss07
August 25th, 2018, 06:16 PM
Its so dumb this “FCS kickoff” was moved away from campus. Plenty of schools deserve a shot to host. Montana and EWU did such a good job hosting and we know NDSU draws well. JMU, SHSU, Jacksonville, SDSU, maybe a SoCon team like Woffy all deserve a shot at hosting this thing. Dumb to move it away from campus.

TheKingpin28
August 25th, 2018, 06:17 PM
Hey JSU fans, how bad is your QB (situation)? Srs question.

katss07
August 25th, 2018, 06:18 PM
That very well could be the worst pass ever.

The Yo Show
Well defense struggle in this one.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe first defense to score wins!

Bison Fan in NW MN
Hey JSU fans, how bad is your QB (situation)? Srs question.

Cooper was at Clemson....looks pretty average at best so far....

Bison56
August 25th, 2018, 06:19 PM
Did he throw that with his other hand?

Thumper 76
August 25th, 2018, 06:19 PM
Well defense struggle in this one.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe first defense to score wins!

It’s not from defensive quality tbh

Bison56
August 25th, 2018, 06:20 PM

I'm sure he will look great in the cupcake.....I mean conference gams.

JSUSoutherner
August 25th, 2018, 06:21 PM
Oof. Maybe instead of dropping the loser of this game out of the poll we should drop both

TheKingpin28
August 25th, 2018, 06:22 PM

This is why I was so grateful for Cole Davis. Could have started at almost any FCS program but stuck with the team. This is why recruiting players from the ground up, is so important for the success of a program.

Bison56
August 25th, 2018, 06:22 PM
Typical JSU unsportsmanlike

katss07
August 25th, 2018, 06:23 PM
Oof. Maybe instead of dropping the loser of this game out of the poll we should drop both
5 mins in. Remain calm....stupid penalties kill.

Bison56
August 25th, 2018, 06:24 PM
No catch

TheKingpin28
Edit: That ball moved.

GAD
TOUCHDOWN?

Lorne_Malvo
August 25th, 2018, 06:26 PM
More espn issues. Apparently they are airing a d2 game instead of a fcs game. Oh wait.

GAD
August 25th, 2018, 06:26 PM
He dropped it

Bison Fan in NW MN
August 25th, 2018, 06:27 PM
Overturned.....right call on that TD.

WileECoyote06
August 25th, 2018, 06:27 PM
Tough break. Was a thing of beauty if it had connected.

TheKingpin28
August 25th, 2018, 06:29 PM
More shenanigans from JSU.

katss07
August 25th, 2018, 06:29 PM
Nice one. Just jump on everyone.

Schism55
August 25th, 2018, 06:30 PM
NC A&T fullback is a monster

GAD
August 25th, 2018, 06:31 PM
False start on the center

Bison Fan in NW MN
August 25th, 2018, 06:32 PM
Nice pass play for A & T...

The Yo Show
The commentary on the center getting the false start is hilarious

TheKingpin28
Dude was WIDE open.

GAD
Touchdown!

katss07
Touchdown!!!!

Big Dawg
August 25th, 2018, 06:33 PM
TOUCHDOWN A&T

WestCoastAggie
August 25th, 2018, 06:34 PM
I’m still mad the center got a false start. But woo-hoo! Aggie Pride!

Thumper 76
August 25th, 2018, 06:35 PM
I’m still mad the center got a false start. But woo-hoo! Aggie Pride!

A center false start is the peak of football comedy xlolx

Bison Fan in NW MN
August 25th, 2018, 06:40 PM
Nice INT for the Aggies....great reaction by the DB.

TheKingpin28
Intercepted A&T

GAD
INT A&T

The Yo Show
August 25th, 2018, 06:41 PM
Great defensive play

katss07
August 25th, 2018, 06:41 PM
Interception

TheKingpin28
August 25th, 2018, 06:42 PM
JSU dropped that INT. They were looking at 6 too.

katss07
August 25th, 2018, 06:43 PM
A&T needs to move away from that play call. It clearly isn’t working.

Bison56
August 25th, 2018, 06:46 PM
JSU is in playoff form to start the season.

Bison56
August 25th, 2018, 06:48 PM
JSU players are chippy, cant say I am surprised.

TheKingpin28
August 25th, 2018, 06:48 PM
QB Change for JSU

katss07
August 25th, 2018, 06:49 PM
Bad start for Webb, but that should have been caught. JSU looks really bad. They need to get their act together.

The Yo Show
August 25th, 2018, 06:49 PM
Is there no better qb on jsu roster? The number of passes into the ground short... Surprised to see that

The Yo Show
August 25th, 2018, 06:50 PM
And it's coming back...

The Yo Show
August 25th, 2018, 06:52 PM
The penalties in this game...

TheKingpin28
August 25th, 2018, 06:52 PM
What a dumb play by the QB to go straight into the tackler, but man did they luck out on that unsportsmanlike conduct.

Thumper 76
August 25th, 2018, 06:55 PM
Goddamn how bad is the OVC really if JSU walks through them.....yikes. A&T looks ok but woof.

JSUSoutherner
August 25th, 2018, 06:56 PM
Currently wondering why I wasted the gas to get down here.

JSUSoutherner
Goddamn how bad is the OVC really if JSU walks through them.....yikes. A&T looks ok but woof.

We won't win the OVC this year

katss07
I’ll say this. If this wasn’t a top 15 matchup or the first big FCS game of the year, my TV would be off. Penalties. Taunting. No ball movement. Booorrrrinng.

Thumper 76
August 25th, 2018, 06:57 PM

I sure hope not, no offense.

Bison56
August 25th, 2018, 06:57 PM
I’ll say this. If this wasn’t a top 15 matchup or the first big FCS game of the year, my TV would be off. Penalties. Taunting. No ball movement. Booorrrrinng.

I'm with ya

The Yo Show
August 25th, 2018, 06:58 PM
I think the real question is.... Is this really a top 15 matchup?

- - - Updated - - -

I'm with ya

Yes this game is very boring

JSUSoutherner
August 25th, 2018, 06:58 PM
Might as well turn it off cause this isn't a top 15 matchup.

Schism55
August 25th, 2018, 06:59 PM
Penalties cmon xconfusedx

WeAreThePride
August 25th, 2018, 07:00 PM
Very, very undisciplined team.

Bison56
Like I said JSU is in playoff form already.

NDSU1980
Jax State looks like they suited up the band instead of the football team.

Bison Fan in NW MN
JSU needs a lot of work on offense.

The Yo Show
Completely undisciplined play. No idea why there are so many unsportsmanlike conduct penalties being committed. That's on both teams

TheKingpin28
Wow, JSU, I put you at 15 and NCAT at 20. Now I feel like NCAT are somewhere in that range still, but damn, JSU, you shouldn't be receiving votes at this point.

Mike296
August 25th, 2018, 07:02 PM

This is our year in the OVC the way you guys are playing.

KPSUL
August 25th, 2018, 07:03 PM
Jax State looks like they suited up the band instead of the football team.

What number is JSUSoutherner wearing?

BEAR
August 25th, 2018, 07:04 PM
The flag game....xlolx

That punter for JSU was biiiig....

WeAreThePride
This is a terrible showing for the FCS. Sloppy play.

TheKingpin28
This is beyond undisciplined.

The Yo Show
August 25th, 2018, 07:06 PM
Its an FCS game on ESPN and I'm almost assuredly going to turn it off soon... If this keeps up. Also... No longer blame the fans for not showing up. They knew what I did not at the start

Bison Fan in NW MN
August 25th, 2018, 07:07 PM
This is our year in the OVC the way you guys are playing.

JSU will get the kinks worked out and walk thru the OVC....

JSUSoutherner
August 25th, 2018, 07:08 PM

Bull****. We can't even get out of our own way much less play football.

CassBison
This game is embarrassing. 13 penalties and we aren't even 20 minutes into the game. It makes the FCS look like a joke considering these teams are supposed to be the 6th and 14th best teams in the FCS.

unknown3
More penalty yards than offensive yards in this game lol. Disgusting.

JSUSoutherner
August 25th, 2018, 07:09 PM
What number is JSUSoutherner wearing?

Just look for the Jersey with the sad face emoji on it.

Reign of Terrier
August 25th, 2018, 07:09 PM
Its so dumb this “FCS kickoff” was moved away from campus. Plenty of schools deserve a shot to host. Montana and EWU did such a good job hosting and we know NDSU draws well. JMU, SHSU, Jacksonville, SDSU, maybe a SoCon team like Woffy all deserve a shot at hosting this thing. Dumb to move it away from campus.

You don't want Wofford hosting anything. We'll never get more than ~4000 of our own fans at a home game. Seriously.

I think the real question is.... Is this really a top 15 matchup?

- - - Updated - - -

Yes this game is very boring

I think everyone needs to chill. I was fully expecting people to **** on both teams because it's common on here. If a team isn't NDSU or makes a mistake, they automatically suck.

It's the first game of the season and both teams seem to be leaning on the pass (aren't they both run-first teams?). Both teams are out of sync and there are penalties, but I think that's expected in the first week.

Both of these teams have dominated their own conferences in the last 2 years +, but those conferences are historically weak. If you watch this game and want to be negative, there's really not much that can be done by either team to change your perception (if one team blows out the other, it's because the other team/conference is weak, if it's a shootout the defenses suck, or the offenses suck).

I predict this game will get more interesting into the second half.

JSUSoutherner
August 25th, 2018, 07:10 PM
You don't want Wofford hosting anything. We'll never get more than ~4000 of our own fans at a home game. Seriously.

I think everyone needs to chill. I was fully expecting people to **** on both teams because it's common on here. If a team isn't NDSU or makes a mistake, they automatically suck.

It's the first game of the season and both teams seem to be leaning on the pass (aren't they both run-first teams?). Both teams are out of sync and there are penalties, but I think that's expected in the first week.

Both of these teams have dominated their own conferences in the last 2 years +, but those conferences are historically weak. If you watch this game and want to be negative, there's really not much that can be done by either team to change your perception (if one team blows out the other, it's because the other team/conference is weak, if it's a shootout the defenses suck, or the offenses suck).

I predict you're wrong.

Thumper 76
August 25th, 2018, 07:11 PM

If they do then the OVC is the worst conference in the country.

Bison Fan in NW MN
August 25th, 2018, 07:11 PM
Bull****. We can't even get out of our own way much less play football.

1st game of the year on Week 0, teams improve the most from game 1 to game 2.

OVC sucks and JSU will go undefeated in conference IMO.

The Yo Show
August 25th, 2018, 07:12 PM

So... I didn't say anything prior to this game. I was excited for it. And while I understand some sloppy play and more penalties than usual in a first game... There are way to many unsportsmanlike conduct penalties... That's not expected. But I'm giving this game a chance. It may start to get interesting.

Thumper 76

I came into this really thinking these teams would prove themselves to be good, solid teams. This has been horrendous though, good grief.

WileECoyote06

Central kicked A&T's ass in 2016. Other than that, I agree. Folks need to calm down.

Bison Fan in NW MN
August 25th, 2018, 07:13 PM
This game is embarrassing. 13 penalties and we aren't even 20 minutes into the game. It makes the FCS look like a joke considering these teams are supposed to be the 6th and 14th best teams in the FCS.

Neither of these teams should be ranked where they are at IMO.

TheKingpin28
August 25th, 2018, 07:14 PM
How do you not get that field goal off?

BEAR
Here comes the turnaround for JState...

The Yo Show
I was gonna predict the block on here... But didn't get the chance to get on the forum fast enough

Reign of Terrier
August 25th, 2018, 07:16 PM
I came into this really thinking these teams would prove themselves to be good, solid teams. This has been horrendous though, good grief.

I'm the guy who says "slot voting isn't necessarily bad" but at the same time refuse to rank JSU in the top 10 (I didn't in my poll) EVER because history.

Yet still

I'm optimistic

BEAR
August 25th, 2018, 07:18 PM
Why are they showing the field goal line with 8 minutes left in the quarter?

TheKingpin28
August 25th, 2018, 07:19 PM
It wouldn't be ESPN production if they weren't riding the FBS, usual suspects, dicks at some point during the game.

CassBison
August 25th, 2018, 07:20 PM
Why are they showing the field goal line with 8 minutes left in the quarter?
Because they think that's all either of these teams can accomplish.

TheKingpin28
August 25th, 2018, 07:20 PM
Somewhere, Polasek called Grass and told him to "run the damn ball".

BEAR
August 25th, 2018, 07:22 PM
Because they think that's all either of these teams can accomplish.

Um....big 93 didn't even allow that to happen on the last drive...xlolx

JSUSoutherner
August 25th, 2018, 07:22 PM
Somewhere, Polasek called Grass and told him to "run the damn ball".

only one explanation. Grass was abducted by aliens and replaced with a life model decoy.

TheKingpin28
August 25th, 2018, 07:24 PM
only one explanation. Grass was abducted by aliens and replaced with a life model decoy.

It's crazy what happens when you know a defense can't stop the play and you go right back to it.

And with that, that timeout probably killed all momentum.

Mike296
August 25th, 2018, 07:26 PM
Wtf was that throw on 3rd down? The guy had a easy TD and the QB throws it high?!

Mike296
August 25th, 2018, 07:27 PM
On a completely unrelated topic Prairie View is giving Rice a hell of a game.

Bisonoline
August 25th, 2018, 07:29 PM
Ok???WTF?????? First play for A&T the receiver doesnt catch the ball and the talking head says---------well the receiver is a bit banged up????? WTF its the first offensive play for them this season. xlolx

Plus---where are all the fans??????

Bison Fan in NW MN
August 25th, 2018, 07:31 PM
Geez, how many penalties will there be?

JSUSoutherner
August 25th, 2018, 07:35 PM
Wtf was that throw on 3rd down? The guy had a easy TD and the QB throws it high?!

That receiver is 6' 7”. He's just garbage.

Bisonator
August 25th, 2018, 07:38 PM
Is that the only QB JSU can find? He's awful.
Typical first game a week too early, too many penalty's, not playing sharp offensively. ESPN's coverage sucks as usual.

CockyGeek
August 25th, 2018, 07:41 PM
This is the worst game I've seen in 3 years. Garbage

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

unknown3
August 25th, 2018, 07:41 PM
Eh, I think im gonna skip the second half of this and watch hawaii lol

Big Dawg
August 25th, 2018, 07:46 PM
Undisciplined football

Derby City Duke
August 25th, 2018, 07:47 PM
That was a very difficult half of 'football' to watch. Emotion shouldn't excuse undisciplined play. Think I'll take my wife upstairs...see if I can overcome the testosterone-killing hormone therapy! xdrunkyx :D

Bisonoline
August 25th, 2018, 07:54 PM
That was a very difficult half of 'football' to watch. Emotion shouldn't excuse undisciplined play. Think I'll take my wife upstairs...see if I can overcome the testosterone-killing hormone therapy! xdrunkyx :D

xlolxxthumbsupx

UpstateBison
August 25th, 2018, 07:59 PM

Best play called tonight!!

BisonFan02
August 25th, 2018, 08:02 PM
This is ****ing garbage football.....both sides.