PDA

View Full Version : Please visit our board

VandalBasher
March 30th, 2018, 09:48 AM
https://247sports.com/college/idaho/Board/Vandal-Football-103901

There seems to be quite a few individuals that are still upset about the move "forward." They just happen to be the most vocal. For me, I am pleased with our 2018 schedule, minus playing two FBS games (FSU and Florida) and a DII team (WNMU). Our BSC schedule is decent with both Montanas, Portland St., Eastern and ISU.

Come by to say hi and welcome the Vandal fans back to FCS ball.

Go Vandals.

RootinFerDukes
March 30th, 2018, 10:13 AM
When you all start winning more games and actually have more wins than losses, the critics will slowly start to quiet. It's going to take time but I have no doubt Idaho made the best move for their institution and program.

Silenoz
March 30th, 2018, 10:42 AM
I'm probably one of the five non-Idaho or Boise State fans who has an account on there

https://247sports.com/college/idaho/Board/103901/Contents/Montana-Ticket-Sales-Rival-Washington-State-114493008?Page=2

F'N Hawks
March 30th, 2018, 10:57 AM

There seems to be quite a few individuals that are still upset about the move "forward." They just happen to be the most vocal. For me, I am pleased with our 2018 schedule, minus playing two FBS games (FSU and Florida) and a DII team (WNMU). Our BSC schedule is decent with both Montanas, Portland St., Eastern and ISU.

Go Vandals.

Do you guys still have the other board that was around for years? or is the the new one?

Silenoz
March 30th, 2018, 11:46 AM
It is the same Scout board

ursus arctos horribilis
March 30th, 2018, 12:33 PM

Go Vandals.

Since I tell this to others promoting their boards I'lll just mention it is a good trade when you reciprocate and ask them to chekc in here as well. You may have already done that anyway. I have looked in on that one several times but will go over and grab an account soon.

ursus arctos horribilis
March 30th, 2018, 12:34 PM
I'm probably one of the five non-Idaho or Boise State fans who has an account on there

https://247sports.com/college/idaho/Board/103901/Contents/Montana-Ticket-Sales-Rival-Washington-State-114493008?Page=2

I always thought this username was our old friend Brock but wasn't sure until now. Why is it "x" over there? Did you just give that one up altogether?

Noryan34
March 30th, 2018, 01:08 PM
How did they handle the reductions in schollies? Just been offering less over the last couple years to new recruits or did they move a bunch to partial scholarship?

ursus arctos horribilis
March 30th, 2018, 01:26 PM
How did they handle the reductions in schollies? Just been offering less over the last couple years to new recruits or did they move a bunch to partial scholarship?

They were only at about 71 or 72 I think it was to start with so they have a little attrition, a little partial, and they are gonna quickly at FCS level. They were not anywhere near the full 85 which would have been tougher for sure.

Silenoz
March 30th, 2018, 01:43 PM
I always thought this username was our old friend Brock but wasn't sure until now. Why is it "x" over there? Did you just give that one up altogether?
I don't remember. And then I logged into CS with some old device and it had my old login and I remembered I had fancy donater bars on both sites so I went with it

It will be exciting once we actually play. I don't know if we'll be any good, but I bet it will be game full of emotion like things had never changed. Plus it gives an excuse to act like EWU and MSU are just that much less important to us, unrequited love-style xcoolx

Lion1983
March 30th, 2018, 01:55 PM
When you all start winning more games and actually have more wins than losses, the critics will slowly start to quiet. It's going to take time but I have no doubt Idaho made the best move for their institution and program.

I wonder if others in FBS are watching to see how Idaho does and follow them? There are several that should be in FCS, in my opinion.

ursus arctos horribilis
March 30th, 2018, 02:01 PM
I don't remember. And then I logged into CS with some old device and it had my old login and I remembered I had fancy donater bars on both sites so I went with it

It will be exciting once we actually play. I don't know if we'll be any good, but I bet it will be game full of emotion like things had never changed. Plus it gives an excuse to act like EWU and MSU are just that much less important to us, unrequited love-style xcoolx

I knew you more from CS but just went and looked and you BL account here has the exact same avatar. xlolx

I'm pretty perceptive I guess!

I'll combine the accounts for you. Which name do you want? Just send a pm so we ain't carrying this part out on here I guess.

Noryan34
March 30th, 2018, 02:14 PM
They were only at about 71 or 72 I think it was to start with so they have a little attrition, a little partial, and they are gonna quickly at FCS level. They were not anywhere near the full 85 which would have been tougher for sure.

Thanks. Been wondering about this for awhile. 85 would been rough. Still quite a few kids probably put on partial.

VandalBasher
March 30th, 2018, 04:23 PM
Since I tell this to others promoting their boards I'lll just mention it is a good trade when you reciprocate and ask them to chekc in here as well. You may have already done that anyway. I have looked in on that one several times but will go over and grab an account soon.

I have been slowly getting the others on that board to become more aware of this board. I actually like this board better due to the functionality and simplicity.

Go Vandals

RootinFerDukes
April 3rd, 2018, 08:51 AM
I wonder if others in FBS are watching to see how Idaho does and follow them? There are several that should be in FCS, in my opinion.

Yes. They are.

"Though no university has copied Staben's move, schools across the country are closely following Idaho's transition. Staben said presidents at other schools have called to say they admire his courage. Some would love to do the same, they tell him, but they're too worried about the outcry from alumni.
The backlash is real. Angry fans published Staben's home address online, and he said both his and his wife's cars were vandalized. Two major donors to the athletic department withdrew their support. Overall donations dropped around 50 percent, and Staben estimates that the department will lose more than $1 million this year."

https://www.athleticbusiness.com/college/despite-backlash-idaho-bets-on-return-to-fcs.html

VandalBasher
April 3rd, 2018, 11:11 AM
Yes. They are.

"Though no university has copied Staben's move, schools across the country are closely following Idaho's transition. Staben said presidents at other schools have called to say they admire his courage. Some would love to do the same, they tell him, but they're too worried about the outcry from alumni.
The backlash is real. Angry fans published Staben's home address online, and he said both his and his wife's cars were vandalized. Two major donors to the athletic department withdrew their support. Overall donations dropped around 50 percent, and Staben estimates that the department will lose more than $1 million this year."

https://www.athleticbusiness.com/college/despite-backlash-idaho-bets-on-return-to-fcs.html

For Idaho fans, FCS= Fire Chuck Staben.

The Yo Show
April 3rd, 2018, 08:36 PM
In all honesty though, you have to admit, it can't be an worse for Idaho than were Idaho was at. This will give Idaho a chance at relevancy in a few years after rebuilding the program. A rebuild feat that would be much much harder had they stayed FBS.

Laker
April 3rd, 2018, 08:50 PM
What is going on with the Idaho AD being suspended for 60 days?

http://collegead.com/university-of-idaho-11/