10/13 WAGNER 1 p.m.
10/20 ROBERT MORRIS 1 p.m.
10/27 at CCSU 1 p.m.
11/3 at St. Francis (PA) 1 p.m.
11/10 ALBANY 1 p.m.
11/17 DUQUESNE 12 p.m.

danefan
February 26th, 2007, 04:01 PM
Tough to open with 5 away games, but its a little easier when St. Peter's is one of them. ewwww.

BigApp
February 26th, 2007, 04:05 PM
wow...first 5 on the road!

danefan
February 26th, 2007, 04:06 PM
I just realized that you guys are going to St. Peter's. What the H is that all about? Is that the back end of a home-and-home?

Fordham
February 26th, 2007, 04:06 PM
Nice OOC w/UD, Maine and Stony Brook on there (SB is considered OCC this year, right? ... what about Duq?).

What's the deal w/that 5 away game start? Are you guys finishing off a stadium or something?

danefan
February 26th, 2007, 04:09 PM
Duq is still MAAC until 2008 season.
SBU is OOC this year as independent.

RabidRabbit
February 26th, 2007, 04:18 PM
Heck, all FCS teams, no lower divisions, no FBS.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: Good for Monmouth! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

JMG1MON
February 26th, 2007, 04:36 PM
It must have been. We played a home and home against them in 03 and 04 as well. I hate the St. Peter's game, esp. since it is at night, in a somewhat bad area, but oh well. Like the rest of the OOC, hate only 4 home games but what can you do (the St. Peter's game will be a home game as we will have more fans than they do, I can assure you of that).

TexasTerror
February 26th, 2007, 05:28 PM
Monmouth upgraded their schedule...

What's San Diego doing?

aceinthehole
February 26th, 2007, 05:33 PM
A very good schedue! :thumbsup:

2 CAA teams, I-AA Indy, and future conference member.

St. Pete's is a nice OPEN week or home game, however you want to look at it. :cool:

JMG1MON
February 26th, 2007, 05:35 PM
I guess that is one way to look at it. Don't mean to be condescending to any St. Peter's fans on the board, but we had more fans than they did at the game in 2004 when we played in Jersey City.

blukeys
February 26th, 2007, 08:29 PM
Finally!!!!

2007 Monmouth Hawks Football Schedule

09/01 at Maine 6 p.m.
09/15 at St. Peter’s 7 p.m.
09/22 at Stony Brook 1 p.m.
09/29 at Delaware TBA
10/6 at Sacred Heart 1 p.m.
10/13 WAGNER 1 p.m.
10/20 ROBERT MORRIS 1 p.m.
10/27 at CCSU 1 p.m.
11/3 at St. Francis (PA) 1 p.m.
11/10 ALBANY 1 p.m.
11/17 DUQUESNE 12 p.m.

You can count on the 9-29 game being a night game.

Seawolf97
February 26th, 2007, 08:36 PM
Great schedule. it will be interesting to see how you do against Maine. We play them on 10/20. See you on 9/22! Good luck in 2007.:thumbsup:

BucBloc
February 27th, 2007, 08:15 AM
Marist has a similar 5 game road trip to open the season. It's the price you pay for upgrading. I know you look down at the SPC game, but it keeps the NJ rivalry in FCS football going. They play each other every year in hoops, so there is probably a tie in. Bring your fans to Jersey City and have fun! Liven the place up.
SPC will score points- but the other side of the ball is a big problem.
Good for coach Callahan and the program. MU shows they will play anyone and go anywhere. It is exactly what the NEC teams need to do.

February 27th, 2007, 08:27 AM
Finally!!!!

2007 Monmouth Hawks Football Schedule...All FCS! :thumbsup:

Pard4Life
February 27th, 2007, 09:16 AM
I guess it's not so bad that you don't have Lafayette scheduled that first game, although I would have liked to have seen them... Maine is considered more a titan anyhow..

PeacockRaider
March 1st, 2007, 04:48 PM
I guess that is one way to look at it. Don't mean to be condescending to any St. Peter's fans on the board, but we had more fans than they did at the game in 2004 when we played in Jersey City.

First time long time here. SPC needs to be represented on this board. It is true all things football have declined at SPC since the cocks went 10-1 in '01 and Stern left. However, time will tell with a new President and possibly AD looming the program could go one of two ways. Here's for hoping for the best!

dbackjon
March 1st, 2007, 04:49 PM
First time long time here. SPC needs to be represented on this board. It is true all things football have declined at SPC since the cocks went 10-1 in '01 and Stern left. However, time will tell with a new President and possibly AD looming the program could go one of two ways. Here's for hoping for the best!

Welcome - good to have a St. Peter's fan onboard!

UNHWildCats
March 1st, 2007, 05:05 PM

Got any insight on what your schedule looks like? Its the most incomplete schedule on my spreadsheet

PeacockRaider
March 1st, 2007, 05:28 PM
Got any insight on what your schedule looks like? Its the most incomplete schedule on my spreadsheet
Sorry no word from the school on anything. You can pencil in Duquesne, IONA, Marist, and LaSalle as they are the remaining conference games. OOC you have the Monmouth game that is official. Other than that my guess would be Wagner, St Francis and the remaining prob D2's and 3's :(
You'd have to check those schools website's for dates and times. Heard a rumor a while back of a possible patriot game with one of our Jesuit brethren but that doesn't appear to be likely.

UNHWildCats
March 1st, 2007, 05:34 PM
Yes Wagner is on Sept 22, Marist Oct 20 and Iona on Nov 3 on top of the Monmouth game, the other two conference games are hard to place now as the other 2 schools have many openings as well.

PeacockRaider
March 1st, 2007, 08:20 PM
Just found out home game scheduled for Sept 8 @ 1 vs. D3 Western Conn.

seahawkfan2007
March 2nd, 2007, 07:59 AM
Is this confirmed? This would be a first for the NEC (playing a FBS opponet). Good luck CCSU.

BucBloc
March 2nd, 2007, 08:59 AM
Good to see some SPC representation on the board. I am JC born and raised and hope they can fix the program again. Coach Taylor is a good man, and very easy to root for.

Hope the new administration makes the choice of fixing the program, not walking away. too many Jersey schools have moved away from football. Monmouth is the only one to add in the last 20 years. And look how well that worked out. My alma mater packed it in back in 1981 (Seton Hall) and there is NO chance it is coming back soon.

Good luck this season Peacocks, and Hawks

JMG1MON
March 2nd, 2007, 10:05 AM
I know the Western Mich/CCSU game was rumored, but I looked up Western Mich. schedule and they do not have an opening that I can find. They have 8 conference games and then 4 OOC games, which currently are @ WVU, Indiana, @ Missouri and @ Iowa. They aren't going to trade a receiving paycheck game in order to give one out, esp. since CCSU wouldn't count towards bowl eligibility.

aceinthehole
March 2nd, 2007, 10:46 AM
Is this confirmed? This would be a first for the NEC (playing a FBS opponet). Good luck CCSU.

Not "officially" confirmed yet, but sources at CCSU say its a go.

Also, WMU unoffically confirms the game on a messageboard.
http://mb14.scout.com/fwesternmichiganfrm2.showMessage?topicID=11830.top ic

Go...gate
March 2nd, 2007, 02:50 PM

Welcome, PeacockRaider!!!!

PeacockRaider
March 5th, 2007, 05:34 PM
Good to see some SPC representation on the board. I am JC born and raised and hope they can fix the program again. Coach Taylor is a good man, and very easy to root for.

Hope the new administration makes the choice of fixing the program, not walking away. too many Jersey schools have moved away from football. Monmouth is the only one to add in the last 20 years. And look how well that worked out. My alma mater packed it in back in 1981 (Seton Hall) and there is NO chance it is coming back soon.

Good luck this season Peacocks, and Hawks

Thanks that is my hope as well. A new and hopefully pro-sports President would be a welcome addition. Plus the revitalization of Jersey City can only help the school.

PeacockRaider
March 5th, 2007, 05:38 PM
Welcome, PeacockRaider!!!!
Thanks i have become a big Colgate fan the last five years. Great program and school. I really love all the traditions and hometown feel of gameday in Hamilton. I wish SPC would put some energy and resources into their program like Colgate does.

Go...gate
March 5th, 2007, 06:06 PM
Thanks i have become a big Colgate fan the last five years. Great program and school. I really love all the traditions and hometown feel of gameday in Hamilton. I wish SPC would put some energy and resources into their program like Colgate does.

I have some family roots with SPC and Jersey City and always root for you guys.

HensRock
March 5th, 2007, 06:17 PM
Birds of a feather flock together they say.
I've always thought your helmets were cool. Can't imagine why. xlolx

Welcome PeacockRaider!

HensRock
March 5th, 2007, 06:30 PM
P.S.
JMG1MON,
You can count on that Delaware game being a 7 PM start.

appfan2008
March 5th, 2007, 07:32 PM
nice ooc with 2 caa teams
5 on the road to start is more than crazy it is stupid.
by the time you play your first home game the leaves will be falling

danefan
March 5th, 2007, 09:03 PM

There's no leaves in Jersey:nono: :nono: :smiley_wi

JMG1MON
March 5th, 2007, 10:18 PM

Apparently, we really didn't want to play the SB game this year but since we had already scheduled it, nothing to do to get out of it. They wanted to put a home game there instead.

JMG1MON
March 5th, 2007, 10:21 PM

Hey now, no need for that!!! xlolx

JMG1MON
March 5th, 2007, 10:26 PM
I guess it's not so bad that you don't have Lafayette scheduled that first game, although I would have liked to have seen them... Maine is considered more a titan anyhow..

I guess you can look at it that way, but I was looking forward to going to making the drive out to Easton. Definitely not a far trip (went to the Lehigh game a couple of years ago). Don't think I'll be making it to Orono though...Little far for a day trip.

mainejeff
March 6th, 2007, 08:35 AM
I guess you can look at it that way, but I was looking forward to going to making the drive out to Easton. Definitely not a far trip (went to the Lehigh game a couple of years ago). Don't think I'll be making it to Orono though...Little far for a day trip.

You're crazy for not making the trip to Orono at that time of the year......it's absolutely gorgeous in early September. Bar Harbor/Acadia National Park is about 1.5 hours away.....a really nice side trip.

JMG1MON
March 6th, 2007, 09:36 AM
I know Maine. I'm still thinking about it but my friends and I are talking about doing a cruse that gets back the day before and it leaves out of Miami. If that goes through, I don't think I will make it to Maine. If we don't go, I will see what I do.

AppFan56
March 6th, 2007, 10:51 AM
Apparently, we really didn't want to play the SB game this year but since we had already scheduled it, nothing to do to get out of it. They wanted to put a home game there instead.

That's OK just go kick their butt! I'll be rooting for you big time.

Go...gate
March 6th, 2007, 12:14 PM

Hey, now, take it easy on New Jersey - we have plenty of nice fall foliage in many areas of the state. Take a drive up in northern Passaic County or at the Delaware Water Gap in mid-October. :thumbsup:

OL FU
March 7th, 2007, 10:04 AM
Not on topic but I did not want to start a new thread for this.
On the roster, Monmouth lists the year of about ten players as "unknown" instead of senior or junior?

What does that mean ( and please don't tell me it means unknown:eyebrow: )

danefan
March 7th, 2007, 10:07 AM
That is kind of weird. Maybe they are sort of in between (more credits than a junior, but junior football eligibility.

JMG1MON
March 7th, 2007, 10:15 AM
Not on topic but I did not want to start a new thread for this.
On the roster, Monmouth lists the year of about ten players as "unknown" instead of senior or junior?

What does that mean ( and please don't tell me it means unknown:eyebrow: )

They were 5th year seniors last year. Looks like they updated the roster for eligibility but they didn't take these guys off the roster yet.

OL FU
March 7th, 2007, 10:45 AM
They were 5th year seniors last year. Looks like they updated the roster for eligibility but they didn't take these guys off the roster yet.

Gotcha so seniors of the roster are good for 07. It can be a little difficult looking at rosters this time of year:nod: