PDA

View Full Version : Ochs new QB coach at Montana?

NE MT GRIZZ
February 26th, 2007, 11:41 AM
THe rumor on egriz is that Craig Ochs and family have moved back to
Missoula and he's been offered the QB coach job.

Great news for the Offense if it's true.:thumbsup:

Grizzaholic
February 26th, 2007, 11:49 AM
Why would he do that? It can't be the money, QB coaches don't make that much. Something like 15 grand a year. Maybe he wanted to FIX our offense. I bet he saw us play a few times last year and thought that he could maybe fix the ongoing problem.

Ronbo
February 26th, 2007, 12:00 PM
Craig signed a contract for 215K a year with the Bills. I'll bet they tucked most of that away after taxes. I also heard he got a court settlement for the career ending injury. He wants to become a College Coach. You have to start somewhere. You don't get the OC gig till you've paid your dues.

Peems
February 26th, 2007, 12:11 PM
Craig signed a contract for 215K a year with the Bills. I'll bet they tucked most of that away after taxes. I also heard he got a court settlement for the career ending injury. He wants to become a College Coach. You have to start somewhere. You don't get the OC gig till you've paid your dues.

good post and info ronbo. Didn't he want to come back to Missoula to study as well, makes sense.

NE MT GRIZZ
February 26th, 2007, 12:37 PM
good post and info ronbo. Didn't he want to come back to Missoula to study as well, makes sense.

Yes. I think it was a Grad Asst/ QB coach combo.

Peems
February 26th, 2007, 12:43 PM
I hope the announcement comes soon. He would greatly help Cole, Selle, Larson etc.

griz37
February 26th, 2007, 12:44 PM
I hope the announcement comes soon. He would greatly help Cole, Selle, Larson etc.

Hopefully he can also help out current OC Rob Phenecie.

Peems
February 26th, 2007, 12:47 PM
Hopefully he can also help out current OC Rob Phenecie.

I phear RP is beyond Och's help. It seemed Axeman had more input as time went along, i'm unsure if Ochs would get as much say or have as much power. we can only hope.

Grizzaholic
February 26th, 2007, 01:06 PM
I phear RP is beyond Och's help. It seemed Axeman had more input as time went along, i'm unsure if Ochs would get as much say or have as much power. we can only hope.

So have him tell the QB, " whatever RP calls, do the exact opposite"xlolx

griz37
February 26th, 2007, 01:34 PM

Isn't that kind of what CO did during the '04 season.

Peems
February 26th, 2007, 02:25 PM

xlolx xlolx too true.

Isn't that kind of what CO did during the '04 season

Yeah, he probably thought in his head: "Okay, coach wants us to run 25 yard curl route and hit the slot receiver. I'll call a 5 yard slant to LV and get a TD."

ncbears
February 26th, 2007, 02:27 PM
it's still hard for me to think of Ochs as a Griz. I still think of him as Buff.

Peems
February 26th, 2007, 02:31 PM
it's still hard for me to think of Ochs as a Griz. I still think of him as Buff.

he was there when the buffs were on top.

Ronbo
February 26th, 2007, 03:03 PM
Craig is a life long Colorado fan. I'm sure his dream job would be to Head Coach there some day. I'll bet he is an assistant there in the near future.

CopperCat
February 26th, 2007, 03:11 PM

What's this about a settlement for an injury? I didn't hear anything about an injury, I'm curious.

ncbears
February 26th, 2007, 03:24 PM
Craig is a life long Colorado fan. I'm sure his dream job would be to Head Coach there some day. I'll bet he is an assistant there in the near future.

I wouldn't be suprised either. He just butted heads with Barnett too many times. I enjoyed watching him when he was here though. Does his parents still live here?

Ronbo
February 26th, 2007, 03:25 PM
He had one of those shoulder things that has ended several Griz careers. It was his throwing side too.

CopperCat
February 26th, 2007, 03:53 PM
He had one of those shoulder things that has ended several Griz careers. It was his throwing side too.

But how did he get a settlement out of that? That doesn't add up, but then again I don't know the whole story.

GRZZ
February 26th, 2007, 04:31 PM
Injury settlements happen all the time in the NFL. It is against the collective bargaining agreement (or whatever) for teams to release injured players. Therefore, when they release injured players they come to injury settlements.

Bobcat in NC
February 27th, 2007, 07:48 AM
So, who was the settlement from? The Bills? Like FTG, I have to plead ignorance on this one.

Uncle Rico's Clan
February 27th, 2007, 02:52 PM
It sounds like Ochs got the job. He actually beat out one of his former teammates for the position.

Peems
February 27th, 2007, 03:06 PM
It sounds like Ochs got the job. He actually beat out one of his former teammates for the position.

where did you hear this?

Uncle Rico's Clan
February 27th, 2007, 03:31 PM
A former player who is still familiar with the program.

Peems
February 27th, 2007, 03:39 PM
A former player who is still familiar with the program.

sounds good then.

mtgrizfan4life
February 27th, 2007, 05:04 PM
Come on sources please, or when is this going to be official. Not even EGRIZ has gone to this far in saying he got the position. AGS very seldom has the post before EGRIZ! If this is true, Uncle Rico's Clan needs to provide posts on EGRIZ too!

Even if Ochs did not get say in playcalling. I am sure OCHS would figure out an "Audible" for the QB to "audible". Hell he did it his last year with the GRIZ and damn well might I add. Amazing he is the only QB since RP has been OC that put up GRIZ like numbers. I do think Swogger could have with a 2nd year though. BTW I hear he is getting some good pub at the scouting combine.